The Place Where Heaven Really...

By sushitrashbag

blurb; Stuck with her mind-boggling problems, Gray have to feel the change of her lowkey life to a rollercoas... More

different
intoxicated
torment
start
awaits

scary

88 49 6
By sushitrashbag

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or use fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual person, living or dead, businesses and establishments or events are purely coincidental.

No part of this book is may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronical, mechanical including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from the author.

First story, many errors.

Read at your own risk.

Chapter 1;

"It wouldn't hurt if we'd act like a human sometimes."

---

"Hahahaha! Kendrick says he's done already because he feel so sick! Maybe that alcohol really do slap his face a million times!" And followed by an endless laugh around me. While me, I just observed everyone of them.

"I told you to accompany him Tatie! Look at his state now, I have to do some babysitting because of your negligence." Emaria retorted and glance at his brother, knocked out in the carpet.

I snuggled on my oversized jacket because the wind is surprisingly getting colder. We're out, drinking alcohol on a hill, a grassland which is quietly elevated and gust winds are super active. We drove for hours just to reach this countryside. I can't argue though, this place is magical.

I could see the shimmering lights of the houses below us, they look small here. And actually we buy some fairy lights too just to display it on our place and eventually I think that's a great idea. It adds the magical and euphoric feeling around this place.

"Gaga ka kasi Emariella, sinabi ko naman sa'yo that Zaidi bitch had the guts to reject a Cameron like your brother, I told you bakuran mo na ang kapatid mo. That bitch is just plain bland and boring, doesn't even know what class mean." Fay added gave Emaria an annoyed look and puffed some smoke,

Emaria gave her the look because of her words while the others shrugged and laugh it off.

While me on the other side, remain still and quite.

I find her statement really offending, I mean yea--I know the legacy of the their family -the Cameron's. Their dad is a well-known congressman here in our city, Emaria and Kendrick are siblings and they're living the luxury because of their affluent parents.

But you know sometimes they're rebuttal is getting below the belt. And I can't help to feel bad for that Zaidi girl.

I mean you can't force someone to love you back and shit and stuff

Kendrick, Emaria's brother is super drunk to the core. Wherein Zaidi, the one that Fay badmouthed, is the suspect. Well not really, because the Kendrick Cameron we all know is very well collected, compose and laid-back.

At first he taunted Emaria-- her older sister about drinking, I thought he were joking because that dude just curses alcohol and booze but goodness the irony look at us now.

We end up in the middle of the night, drinking while he's their with our picnic blanket, knockout after puking for a billion times.

What a babe

Napamasahe ng noo si Emaria, probably having a dilemma in her mind and panicking. "Guys! How can I sneak him like this? Papa would be mad for sure!" She said while slowly protruding in her seat because of the tension she's feeling

"HAHAHHA Ema calm down I got you, here's the catch. Say the truth to your father! That he got rejected an---" Fay haven't get to finish her sentence when to our surprise Kendrick emerged from his sleep position, at first thought I thought he's just sleep walking but right after that, he spoke.

"A-ate I-I can-can't afford to lose a-again the half o-of my e-ego, I'm b-begging you-- p-please don't tell any-anything to d-dad." And then he laid his back again in the picnic blanket with his eyes shining, Is he crying?

With his sloppy speech, my mind hang for a second, an awkward silence envelope between all of us. Lahat kami tinititigan ang isa't-isa kung sino ang unang magsasalita. I look at Kendrick whose arms already shielding he's eyes from the incoming tears that is wanting to erupt on his eyes. A spark of statement hit me.

Ang hirap palang magmahal, nakakatakot.

I cleared my throat and decided to speak after a minute full of awkwardness . "This man is so drunk you guys, I think we should wrap up, this is too much for today." I smiled slightly making a small move, I was beyond glad when they finally started to clean our messes and packing up but still not talking, problably theyre conscience had slap their faces and finally wake them from the reality.

I look at Kendrick emphatically, I may not experience the feeling of being madly inlove, but I can feel his sadness even were just 3 meters apart.

I breathed a good amount of air and a one question resurfaced on my mind.

Is this how love really works? Scary and deadly?

---

"Gray I think I can't drop you off infront of your house, iba ruta nitong si Fay sa bahay nyo eh mag-gagabi na rin." I was awaken from my reverie when Crassus spoke and open the lights on the van. Kanina pa kami naka-alis sa may Belmont, lugar kung saan kami uminom kanina pero I only drink juice don't judge me because mom will spank me when she find out that I drink alcohol, I just don't like being hit because I'm already an adult, nakakahiya naman na pinapalo ka pa ng nanay mo, ang tanda mo na.

I scanned the whole van, 3 nalang pala kami naiwan sa loob, ako na nakaupo sa pangalawang row while the two of them, Fay and Crassus at the passenger seat and driver seat. Lahat na pala ay tapos ng mahatid, hindi ko namalayan. And about the others nakasakay sila sa iba pang van, bali 3 van ang ginamit namin, hindi naman kami siksikan but Cameron's were with us so basically expect the extravaganza.

I stared at the both of them, technically at Fay and Crassus. Hindi ko mapigilang mapa-buntong hininga sa isipan ko, may gagawin lang kayo eh, I shouted at the back of my mind.

Nasabi na rin niya na mag-gagabi na at mas pinili pa talaga niya na paalisin ako kesa ihatid, but like earlier I just curse them at my mind, I know the bitchy tounge of Fay and I don't want to encounter that devil tonight, not now that I'm really exhausted. Baka kasi masagot ko siya at hindi ko na mapigilan pa.

11:43 PM

"Ah sige dito nalang ako." I replied and fixed my hoodie and bag, hindi ako makangiti sa kanila dahil sa inis. I think it can only take me 15 minutes to walk to reach our house. They both look in heat so I immediately fly my way out at the van and closed the door heavily. Malalandi. And by that, they drove off immediately.

I sighed and made my steps faster than my usual walk, the streets look dead and very scary, anxiety kick in with my paranoia. The wind, the cracks of the withered leaves, the bottom of my shoes creating a friction on the asphalted road.

I hear everything and it sucks.

My sight became in hazed so I halted in motion, no please not again panic attacks. My heart beat rapidly and my eyes wandered in everything. I can hear the booming sound of my heart like it wanted to get out of my chest, my vision became cloudy and unorthodox. I immediately sat down at the gutter when I feel lightheaded and my brains splitting in two, frick panic attacks, super inconvenient.

I massage my forehead and adjust my breathing pattern, I tried to be calm and meditate. Think about the unicorns glitters and black, be calm Gray, calm. Huminga ako ng malalim at pinipilit na pakalmahin ang mabilis na tibok ng puso ko, I slap myself to wake my senses, I immediately feel the burning sensation on my cheek aray ang sakit.

Matapos ang ilang minuto tumayo na ako at kinakalkula ang bawat kilos ko, nagsimula sa mahinang lakad hanggang sa bumilis at naging takbo na, nanatili ang tingin ko sa lupa dahil kapag inaangat ko ang tingin ko sa itaas, nararamdaman kong para akong mahihilo at matutumba. Tanaw ko na ang bahay namin sa kalayuan kahit nakayuko pa rin at laging ginhawa ko ng medyo malapit na ako.

I puffed some breath and relaxed my whole body, finally I was now standing in front of our 3-storey house, I unlocked our gate, minding the deafening silence that surrounds me.

Nang makapasok na ako ng hindi nakakalikha ng ingay ay laking tuwa ko dahil alam kong nasa kahimbigan na sila ng tulog. At wala akong balak pa silang gisingin para lang masabi na naka-uwi na ako ng bahay. Napahinto naman ako sa pagkilos at napakunot ang noo ng marinig ko na mayroong nagsalita.

"You're late." She said sternly and by that my eyes widen.

---

unedited tl;dr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 101K 33
When an unlikely group comprising of a photographer, writer, musician, artist, and poet band together for a documentary film project, anything can ha...