I Won't Leave You (Toph Beifo...

بواسطة Buddy_Waterfalls

You are a student of Professor Zei's class at Ba Sing Se University who is content living under the nose of t... المزيد

What Labels in the Story Mean
The Library
The Desert
The Serpent's Pass
City of Walls and Secrets
Tales Of Ba Sing Se
Lake Laogai
The Earth King
The Crossroads of Destiny
Preview: The Puppet Master
Take the Ship
The Awakening
The Headband
Sokka's Master
The Beach / The Runaway
The Puppetmaster
The Day of Black Sun Part 1
The Day of Black Sun Part 2
The Western Air Temple
The Firebending Masters
The Southern Raiders
The Ember Island Players
Loss
Sozin's Comet part 1
Sozin's Comet part 2
Sozin's Comet part 3

The Drill

1.8K 57 8
بواسطة Buddy_Waterfalls

When you're finally less than a mile from the wall, you see Aang and Momo descending towards you. "Sokka, did you give me cactus juice?"

"Why?" he asks. You point at the airbender gliding towards the group. "Oh. Not that I know of." he says.

Aang touches down and Katara meets him, "Aang, what are you doing here? I thought you were looking for Appa."

"I was. But something stopped me. Something big."

You all get to the wall and Aang and Toph earthbend you up the side of it. "Now what's so big that Appa has to wait?" Sokka asks.

You stare wide-eyed at the gigantic drill heading for the wall. "That." Aang says.

"We've made it to Ba Sing Se and we're still not safe." Ying cries, "No one is!"

A soldier glares at you, "What are you doing up here? Civilians are not allowed on the wall."

"I'm the Avatar." Aang says, "Take me to whoever's in charge." We are taken to a general, one you've met before.

"Mr. L/N! Good to see you again."

"As for you, General Sung." you say, bowing.

"Now, it is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall Young Avatar, but your help is not needed." Sung says.

"Not needed?"

"Not needed." he repeats, "I have the situation under control. I assure you," he stands and walks towards the edge of the wall, "The Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded."

"What about the Dragon of the West?" Toph asks, "He got in."

"Well technically yes, but he was quickly expunged." Sung dismisses, "Nevertheless, that's why they call this city Ba Sing Se, it's the impenetrable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se!" He jokes, receiving silence, "That means penetrable city." he explains.

"Yeah thanks for the tour." Toph remarks, "But we've still got the drill problem."

"Not for long!" the general cheers, "To stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of Earthbenders called the Terra Team."

"Alliteration. Nice." You remark, Toph elbows you in the gut and you grunt, holding the spot where she hit you.

"Yeah, that's a good group name. Very catchy." Sokka agrees. You watch as they take out a tank, but fail to damage the drill and two fire nation girls attack, taking them down with ease.

"We're doomed!" Sung cries.

Sokka slaps him hard across the face, "Get a hold of yourself, man!"

"You're right. I'm sorry." the general says, rubbing his face.

"Maybe you'd like the Avatar's help now?" Toph suggests.

The man is quickly standing in front of Aang. "Yes please." he squeaks.

"So the question is, how are we gonna stop that thing?" Aang asks. Katara and Aang look at Sokka, who protests while you try to think. When nobody comes up with an idea, Sung leads you into the infirmary.

"What's wrong with them? They don't look injured."

"Their chi is blocked." You say, stepping forwards, "To exert energy, the chi must flow freely through your body, hit a pressure point the right way, it knots that chi up, clogging that passageway, making it useless." Everyone looks at you, "What? I read it in a book."

Katara sighs and walks forward, using her waterbending to ease the pressure. "Who did this to you?"

"Two girls ambushed us. One of them hit me with a bunch of quick jabs. Suddenly I couldn't earthbend and I could barely move. Then she cartwheeled away."

"Ty Lee." Katara says. "She doesn't look dangerous, but she knows the human body and its weak points. She takes you down from the inside."

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!" Sokka exclaims. You look at him lamely before he starts talking. "What you just said, that's how we're gonna take down the drill, the same way Ty Lee took down all these earthbenders!"

"By hitting all of its pressure points!" Toph cheers.

Aang walks to the window and looks down at the drill. "We'll take it down from the inside."

You all go down and into one of the trenches, and Toph speaks up, "Once I whip up some cover, you're not gonna be able to see. So stay close to me."

You raise a question to lighten the mood. "Like holding hands close or..." Crickets. Everyone's a critic.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with." She suddenly leaps onto the battlefield, stomps and creates a huge dust cloud. "Run!" she yells. And they do. She makes a tunnel in the ground, "Everyone into the hole!" There will be spiders. You shiver slightly as you jump in.

"It's so dark down here! I can't see a thing!" Sokka complains.

"Oh no, what a nightmare!" Toph retorts, sarcastically.

"Sorry." Sokka replies. We exit the tunnel right beneath the drill. "There!" Sokka shouts, pointing at an open panel beneath the ship. Aang helps Katara and Sokka up. He waits for you two, Sokka pokes his head down, "Y/N, Toph, come on!"

"No way am I going in that metal monster, I can't bend in there. I'll try to slow it down from out here."

"And I'll be right in." You say.

"Okay. Toph, good luck. Y/N, make it fast." They go into the drill leaving you and Toph alone.

"Look, Toph. I just want to say that you're an awesome friend. You do too much for us."

She looks down sadly, "I do."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is... be careful."

"Same to you, Graceless." She says. You quickly hug her and run towards the panel, making it inside by grabbing the bar and swinging yourself up. You catch up with the rest of the group, as Sokka starts talking.

"I need a plan of this machine, some schematics that show what the inside looks like, then we can find its weak points."

"Where are we gonna get something like that?" Aang asks. Suddenly, Sokka attacks the piece of machinery in front of you. "What are you doing? Someone's gonna hear us."

"That's the point." Sokka says. "I figure a machine this big needs engineers to run it, so when something breaks..."

"...They come to fix it!" Katara exclaims. And so, you pull out your brass telescope to use as a club.

"Let's rock this joint." You say with a smile.

Finally, an engineer shows up. Katara freezes him with the steam and Sokka takes the Schematics. You get to a relatively empty room and Sokka gets to reading, "It looks like the drill is made up of two main structures. There's the inner mechanism where we are now, and the outer shell. The inner part and the outer part are connected by these braces."

"So we cut through them, this whole damn thing implodes?" You question.

"That's the idea." Sokka approves. We start to make our way to the braces.

"Wow. It looks a lot thicker in person." Sokka says.

"My saw won't cut through that!" you exclaim.

"Yeah, we're gonna have to work pretty hard to cut through that."

"What's this 'we' stuff? Aang and I are gonna have to do all the work."

"Look, I'm the plan guy, you two are the cut stuff up with your waterbending guys. Together, we're Team Avatar!"

"What about me and Toph?"

"Dude, you'll get your job."

"Well for now, I'll be the lookout guy." And so you are. For about ten minutes, Aang and Katara cut and cut, when they finally cut all the way through, it becomes apparent that they barely did any damage.

"At this rate we'll never do enough damage before the drill reaches the wall."

"I don't know how many more of those I've got in me." Aang agrees.

Suddenly, you all hear a series of creaks and rumbles, "You hear that?" Sokka asks, "We took it down!"

"That wasn't the drill, Dimwit." You snap.

"Congratulations crew! The drill has reached contact with the wall of Ba Sing Se." The intercom crackles.

You watch numbly as Sokka tries to push the brace, "Come on brace, budge!" He finally quits. "This is bad. Really bad. We're putting everything we've got into busting these braces, but it's taking too long!"

"Maybe we don't need to cut all the way through." Aang realizes, "Toph has been teaching me that you shouldn't put all of your energy into one strike. Sokka, take a fighting stance." he starts to spar with the water tribe boy. "You've gotta be quick and accurate. Hit a series of points that break your opponent's stance." Sokka loses balance. "When he's reeling back, you deliver the final blow." A light chop to the head knocks Sokka down. "His own weight becomes his downfall, literally."

Katara speaks up, "So all we need to do is weaken the braces instead of cutting all the way through."

Aang nods, "Then I'll go to the top of this thing and deliver the final blow."

"And boom! It all comes crashing down!" Sokka exclaims.

"Everyone, inside that wall, the whole world is counting on us."

"Team, let's kick some ass." You say, everyone looks at you and nods. And so they get to work. Before long, they've cut through several braces.

"Good work, Team Avatar. Now Aang just needs to- duck!" you all duck as a blue fireball is launched overhead.

"Wow Azula, you were right! It is the Avatar!" A girl you recognize from the battlefield exclaims, "And friends." She looks dead at you, then Sokka. Sokka nervously waves. You all start to run, following Katara through long corridors.

"Guys, get out of here! I know what I need to do!" He splits off from the rest of us, katara throws him her water saying that he needs it more than her.

You run until you find a dead end. "Slurry pipeline?" You question.

Sokka opens it, "It's rock and water mixed together. This is our way out." they both get down as the girls catch up to you, throwing knives which you dodge, you take a fighting stance. "Y/N, don't!" You watch as the smaller girl attempts a strike that you block, grab her arm, pin it around her neck and hold your hunting knife up.

"Woah. You're fast. I like you." She tries, you ignore her, "Mai, do you see this guy?" she mouths something to the other girl and you tighten your grip.

"Back up, emo, or your friend gets it!" Suddenly you feel a crawling on your hand and you look to see a spider. "Ah! Get it off!" You yell, shoving the girl forward and tripping backwards into the pipeline. You fly out of the tailpipe covered in sludge, smashing into Sokka and sliding about five feet behind him. You sit up and look at your shirt, "Aw, come on!!" Suddenly you see the girl coming down and you take a stance, but Katara has it covered as she pushes the sludge back into the pipe, trapping her.

"Why don't you try blocking my chi now, circus freak?" Katara says.

"Now that's just rude." You say.

"Keep that up, Katara! The pressure will build up in the drill, so when Aang delivers the final blow, it'll be ready to pop!" He continues to cheer her on. Good technique, little sister, keep it up! Don't forget to breathe."

"You know, I am just about sick and tired of you telling me what to do all day! You're like a chattering hog monkey!"

"Sokka shut your mouth for ten damn seconds!" You shout, "Let Katara focus." Sokka crosses his arms and mutters something, when Katara hits him in the face with sludge.

"You guys need some help?" A voice asks that you've never been happier to hear, Toph.

"Toph, help me plug up this drain!" Katara replies. With Toph's help, the sludge goes further into the drain. Before long, the drill implodes "He did it!" Katara cheers.

"Here it comes!" Toph yells, creating a platform so that we can avoid the powerful wave of wall juice exploding from the pipe, smashing the girl face-first into the pillar. When it's done flowing, Toph sets you all on the ground. The girl tries to attack again, you block three strikes, kick out her leg and while she's falling, a palm strike to the chest sends her backwards and into the gunk.

"You're a better fighter than I took you for!" Sokka exclaims, "That must be how you got out."

"That and my arachnophobia." You reply, walking to the wall. Toph lifts you all over the side.

"I just wanted to say; good effort out there today, Team Avatar!" Sokka cheers. You groan at him.

"Enough with the Team Avatar stuff. No matter how many times you say that name, it's not gonna catch on."

"How about... The Boomerang squad?"

"Kill me now." You groan.

"Oh come on, Y/N, it's good because it has 'ang' in it! Boomer-Aang."

He is 100 years old. "And it's bad because it only represents two members." You argue.

"I like it." Aang shrugs.

"Gee, I wonder why?" You chuckle.

"We'll talk about it on our way into the city." Katara suggests.

"The Aang Gang?"

"Sokka..." Katara is starting to get annoyed.

"The Fearsome Five!"

"You're crazy." Toph replies.

"What? We're fearsome."

"Not as long as you're here." You state, smugly. "Although, I do like the alliteration." Toph elbows you in the gut again. And so you lead the group forwards alongside Toph and Aang, ready to go back home.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

35.3K 1K 48
When Katara, Princess of the Southern Water Tribe, who never believed in love crosses paths with Aang, Air Nomad and Avatar from the Southern Air Tem...
2.4K 68 25
[UPATES WEEKLY] "I need to restore my honor. I need the Avatar. I heard that you're the best at this sort of thing." "And you heard right. I can gua...
622K 15.7K 20
Iroh takes in the Ba Sing Se's army general's daughter after the death of her father. She replaces the child he has lost. She is raised in the Fire N...
9.8K 379 36
After leaving Uncle Iroh's side Zuko dawns the mask of the blue spirit as he struggles to survive on his own he meets and joins a group of female war...