In Your Shadow ✓

By quilldrop

Spin-off to "The Marriage Law - A Slytherpuff Story" COMPLETED More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 43

10.7K 458 564
By quilldrop

When James woke up the next morning, he was glad to see that Mia was still sound asleep in his arms. Smiling softly, he started stroking her skin in a gentle way.

Keeping her eyes closed, she frowned and buried her face into his neck.

James broke out in a lazy grin. "Good morning, gorgeous," he said in a husky voice.

She huffed, not saying anything.

"Not a morning person, are you?" He asked quietly while running his fingers through her slightly messy hair.

Mia let out a small sigh, still refusing to open her eyes.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're starting to warm up to me," James smiled.

"You're wrong," Mia mumbled into his neck.

He rolled his eyes. "You couldn't miss saying that, could you?"

"Listen, in my head, I've already got up and walked away from you, but to be honest, I'm way too comfortable right now to do that," she said quietly.

"Maybe you should start thinking about why that might be," he suggested.

"Right," she scoffed, "because we're 'meant to be'..."

"Exactly."

"Could you just not talk for a few minutes?" She asked.

"As you wish."

He tightened his hold around her waist and sat up, pulling her onto his lap. Her head was still resting on his shoulder.

Feeling confident, James tilted his head down and started pressing light kisses all the way from her neck to her shoulder.

"What are you –"

"I'm being quiet," he murmured into her neck, making goosebumps appear on her skin.

"Maybe you should go back to talking, then," Mia mumbled.

James pulled away a bit to look at her with an offended expression on his face. "What, did you not like it?"

She shrugged. "It was okay, I suppose..."

He frowned. "Ouch."

Mia raised an eyebrow at him. She wrapped one of her arms around his neck and pulled him closer, making his eyes widen in surprise. She placed her free palm on his chest and brought it up to his neck slowly, then she ran her fingers through his dark hair while looking into his eyes through her eyelashes. She glanced down at his lips while biting her own lower lip before looking back into his eyes.

His breathing quickened and his skin got hotter. Taking his appearance in, Mia let out a light chuckle.

"See?" She tilted her head to the side. "I barely did anything and you're already a mess. I'm definitely better than you."

James blinked. "Huh?"

She smirked. "Aw, you almost look cute right now, Potter. Almost."

Pulling away from him, she stood up and walked over to the other bed. James watched as she got dressed, frowning.

"Where are you going?" He asked quietly, still not over what she did a few seconds before.

"We have a plan, remember?" She rolled her eyes. "I'm going back to the High Street to get you some clothes."

"Oh... right..." James nodded slowly, covering his lap with the covers.

After Mia put all of her clothes on, she grabbed her wand and started murmuring a spell under her breath to fix her hair with. When she put her coat on and placed her wand into her right boot, she turned to look at him.

"I'll be back in a bit. Try not to burn the building down, okay?"

"I'm not a child, Mia," James frowned.

"Prove it, then."

She turned around and unlocked the door before leaving the Gryffindor alone in the room.

After she left the Hog's Head, she started walking towards the High Street. When she arrived, she made her way towards Gladrags Wizardwear and went inside.

"Good morning, Miss," a woman greeted her. "Can I help you?"

"Morning," Mia nodded. "Actually, yes, you can."

"Great!" The shopkeeper's face lit up. "What are you looking for?"

She smiled. "Well, you see..."

***

Mia arrived back at the Hog's Head with two huge bags in her hands. She went upstairs and walked inside room number five.

James was still in his bed with the covers wrapped tightly around his body.

"Cold?" Mia asked teasingly as she closed the door.

"No, not at all," he said sarcastically.

She walked up to him and put the bags down on his bed. "Here, put these on, so we can finally leave."

"Finally?" James asked back. "Sounds like you didn't enjoy spending the night with me."

"I could definitely think of better ways to spend my Saturday evenings, yes," she nodded while taking her coat off. She took a seat on her bed and raised her eyebrows at him. "Go on."

He grabbed one of the bags and pulled the first thing out slowly. His eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the elegant, black topcoat in his hands.

"What is this?" He asked.

"That, Potter, is a coat. People use them to layer up when it's cold," she explained.

"I know what a coat is, Mia," he turned his head to look at her. "However, I didn't know that we would be visiting the Queen."

"I know it's not your personal style, but I thought I would freshen up your wardrobe a bit," she shrugged.

Frowning, he put the coat down and pulled out a black button-up shirt and a pair of black socks. He grabbed the other bag and pulled a pair of black jeans and a box out of it. Opening it, he saw a pair of black Chelsea boots inside.

"Oh, so we aren't meeting the Queen after all. We're going to a funeral," he said.

Mia rolled her eyes. "I guessed the sizes, but I believe they should fit you."

After a few seconds of staring at the clothes, James shook his head, then started putting them on. When he finished dressing his lower body, he stood up and grabbed the shirt. He put it on, then started buttoning it up.

Mia stared at him with a grimace. "You're doing it wrong. That button doesn't go into that hole, can't you see?"

"Then help me!" He exclaimed frustratedly. "These buttons are too small for my fingers, I'm going to rip them off if you don't do something."

"Don't you dare!" Mia got up and rushed over to him.

She undid the buttons and started buttoning them up again correctly. While doing so, she noticed that his breathing got quicker.

"Oh, come on!" She glanced up into his eyes. "Really?"

"Really," he said in a low voice while raising one of his hands up to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. He put his hand on her cheek and started stroking her skin with his thumb gently.

"Are you done?" Mia stared up at him with a bored expression. "Can I finish this?"

James blinked, then pulled his hand away slowly. "Yeah, sorry..."

Sighing, she continued what she was doing. When she reached his chest, her fingers brushed against his skin while she was struggling with one of the buttons. James took in a sharp breath, making Mia groan.

"Are you joking?" She looked up at him. "My touch can't possibly affect you that much."

"Oh, but it does," he snaked one of his arms around her waist slowly.

Raising an eyebrow, Mia hummed, then she started stroking his chest gently while staring into his eyes. "Is that so?"

He pulled her closer. "I would do anything for you," he said in a low voice.

"Now, now, Potter," she tilted her head to the side, "you wouldn't want to be taken advantage of, would you?"

"If it's you who does it, I don't mind."

She scoffed, then turned her attention back to the buttons. "I asked you to stay away from me countless times, yet you didn't do that."

"I would do anything but that," James said.

"Great, then how about you let go of me?" She suggested.

Frowning, he took his hand off of her waist. "Fine."

"Good boy," Mia said sarcastically, then she took a step away from him. "Here you go. Now you just have to put the coat on, and we can leave."

She turned away and put her own coat on before facing him again. The corners of her mouth turned upwards slightly as she took his appearance in.

"I knew it would look great on you," she nodded proudly.

James furrowed his eyebrows. "Can I take these back to the shop later?"

Her eyes widened. "What? Why?"

"Well, you said that I would have to pay you back, and to be honest, these clothes seem quite expensive..."

"Oh, don't worry," Mia waved her hand. "I will just consider this as charity work," she smiled playfully.

"Ha-ha," James rolled his eyes. "I'm not saying that I'm poor, I just –"

"Listen, Potter," she interrupted him. "Don't sweat it, okay? You don't have to pay me back."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," she shrugged, then she walked up to him and smoothed the coat down. "They fit you well, you should keep them."

He broke out in a smug smile. "Of course they do, have you seen my body?" He posed. "Even a rubbish bag would fit me well."

"Maybe you should put one over your head, then," she glared at him. "You would be doing the world a favour."

"Yeah, right," he scoffed. "I know you think I'm handsome, babe."

"Well, this outfit definitely makes you look mature, let's hope that it will influence your personality too," Mia crossed her arms over her chest.

"I can be mature," James frowned.

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Challenge accepted," the Gryffindor nodded.

She let out a sigh as she took her bag in her hand. "Alright, prove yourself, then. Let's leave now."

Mia grabbed the keys and walked outside with James following after her, then he closed the door and the two of them left room number five behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 71 38
Slytherin shall rise, they're the proclaimed enemies of Hogwarts but it changed, They're the saviour! Gryffindor's bravery has Slytherins. Ravenclaw'...
344K 4.2K 67
draco x reader. ➥ COMPLETED
8K 216 24
Draco and Harry got married 17 years ago and have 5 amazing kids follow them through there hard times, misfortunes, and other obstacles that are incl...
7.3K 319 47
Last in the series of A Father Thank you for reading all 4 books so far and I hope you enjoy this last book as well