Chapter 26

"Alexander, this is ridiculous."

"No, this is fun."

Mia and Alexander were standing on a fifth-floor corridor, peering around the corner to see if anyone was there.

"We could easily get –"

"Don't worry," the Gryffindor put a hand on her shoulder. "I did the calculations, or chances of not getting caught are pretty good."

"Is that so?" Mia raised her eyebrows. "What results did you get?"

"It's basically fifty-fifty," he shrugged. "We either get caught or we don't."

She gave him a look of disbelief. "I swear –"

"Come on," he cut her off and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards a certain door.

He pushed the door open, then closed it after they both got in successfully. Mia took a look around the classroom, the corners of her mouth turning upwards in the process.

"I thought we would go to a deserted classroom."

"Yeah, that was the original plan," Alexander nodded. "This should be a lot more entertaining, though."

They were standing inside the Art Classroom which was filled with easels. He walked up to a cabinet and took a canvas out, then he placed it on one of the easels and turned to Mia with a grin on his face.

"Well, what are you waiting for? We better get to work."

Mia let out a sigh, then she walked over to the cabinet and looked inside. She took out two paintbrushes and some paint before joining Alexander. She gave him one of the brushes, then turned her attention on the plain canvas.

"Should we paint the two of us in detention?" She asked, making him chuckle.

"Don't be so negative, Birdie. Remember, fifty-fifty."

"You're a Quidditch captain, shouldn't you be more responsible?" Mia raised an eyebrow at him.

"There's still time until our first match, it's okay if I get a detention."

He dabbed his paintbrush into some red paint, then painted some lines on the canvas.

"What is that supposed to be?" Mia tilted her head.

"Nothing," Alexander shrugged. "Just choose a colour and do whatever you like."

"That sounds like a waste of paint and canvas," she frowned.

"Come on, loosen up a little," he nudged her.

"As you wish," she said quietly, then put her index finger in some blue paint and wiped it off on his cheek.

Alexander looked down at her with a shocked expression on his face. "Oh, you didn't..."

"It compliments your eyes quite well," she smiled innocently.

"Then it must compliment yours too," he grinned.

Before she could escape, he took some of the same blue paint and smeared it across her face.

"Hey, that's way more than I used!" She complained.

"Oops?"

Shaking her head, she put her paintbrush in the blue paint, then started circling it around on the canvas.

"There you go!" He smiled proudly. "What a beautiful mess, I love it! Let's make some purple."

He took his brush with red paint on it and painted over Mia's circles.