Starry Flames | NaLu OneShots♡

By Astral_Fairy

❝ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀ ʜᴀs ғᴀʟʟᴇɴ ɪɴ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.❞ ••♡♡♡•• N A L U • O N E • S H O T S Warning: Full of fluffiness♡ Credi... More

front matter
01. Gildarts' Punishment
02. Drunk Natsu
03. Erza's Book
04. Something Naughty
05. In Love
06. Mira's Ship
07. Wedding Dress
09. Rock Paper Scissors
10. Expectation Vs Reality
HOLLOWEEN SPECIAL: Hunted Tale
11. Reason to Live
12. Question
13. Lollipop
DECEMBER SPECIAL: Last Day of the Year
14. Bet
15. Mine
HEART'S DAY SPECIAL: Present
16. Moans
17. Pass the Message
18. Unforgivable Mistake
19: Light and Warmth

08. Battle of Fairy Tail ver. 2.0

1.6K 85 34
By Astral_Fairy

Sorry for the long wait! Here's the 4000+ words as a bonus and apology. Enjoy reading!

Date Posted: 23rd September

•••♡•••

Fairy Tail Wizards were silent, a very rare scene in their guild. Heavy atmosphere can be felt in the air. Everyone's eyes were sharp, glancing at each other high on guard.

If you're wondering what's happening, it's because this is the day.

The annual Battle of Fairy Tail before the Harvest Festival that became one of their tradition after the 100 Year Quest of team Natsu a year ago.

Well, obviously every year should have different themes. Last year, they faught in the middle of a very spacious pool of mud just to get the single flag on the top of a tall pole. And Juvia won that first ever battle because she had the advantage. The mud still has water after all.

And they were allowed to use magic back then which resulted a huge mess.

With Virgo digging up so many holes, Aquarius rampaging because she was summoned in a mud, Gray freezing everything, Natsu roaring everywhere, Juvia making a mud wave, it's hopeless. Really.

So this time, they're not allowed to use magic. All they have to use as their weapons are physical strength and intelligence...which some of them don't possess, to be honest.

Fufu, I'm not bragging but I think I'm a little ahead of them. Lucy covered her smirk with her hands.

"You're creeping me out, Luce," Natsu bluntly commented after seeing the weird face of his best friend.

"Meanie!"

Master Makarov stood on the stage as he put his hands on his back and announced the rules for this year's battle.

"Listen, brats! Using a magic is highly prohibited! Security lacrima will monitor each member and the one who caught cheating will be disqualified!" They remained silent so Makarov continued explaining.

"This game is called 'The Last Man Standing'. There are red ribbons here..." he waved the fish bowl full of ribbons.

"...where names of each member are written. You will draw one and the name that you got will be the person you have to defeat by stealing the ribbon attached on his or her head, for you to have the next target. The last wizard standing in the battlefield with all the ribbons is the winner."

They furrowed their eyebrows, their mind was obviously still loading. The master sighed.

"For example, Gray got the ribbon where Natsu's name is written, but Natsu had Happy. Obviously, they only have 50% chance of crossing their path because they have different target. If Gray found him and managed to steal the ribbon, then Natsu is automatically out of the game. And Gray is now the new predator of Happy. Did I make it clearer?"

Levy raised her hand. "Say, Master, what if Natsu defeated Happy first before Gray could find him?"

"Much better. That means, Natsu already has two ribbons in him which makes it easier for Gray to collect more ribbons. The first is from Happy--who's already out, the second is Happy's target that Natsu had stolen and will be his next prey."

"Eh, Master, obviously Natsu will fight back once Gray cornered him. Is Natsu allowed to steal the ribbon from him even if he's not his target?"

"Yes. That's only applicable if the prey and predator faced each other because you're not allowed to attack anyone. Is there any question left?" The mages shook their head. "Alright! Let's begin."

"I'm getting fired up!!!" Natsu laughed, a small fire coming out of his mouth. "I can't wait to beat Erza!"

"Ehem. No. Veteran S-Class mages like Erza, Mira, and Laxus are not participating. They'll be the one who will monitor the whole game."

"WHAAAT?!!" The fire mage whined.

Erza and Mira only smiled, standing behind their master. Laxus chuckled, watching them from the second floor.

Lucy sighed in relief. Heh, I thought I would face Erza or Mira-san in a battle...the worst is against Laxus, or Gildarts if he's here! I'll never win! Then she pouted. Her eyes glanced at Natsu, Gray, and Gajeel. But I doubt that I'll win against those three either. She shook her head, her determination coming back. But I have the brain! I'll do everything for 500,000 jewels price!

"Wendy and the exceeds will also stay here to look after Asuka and Gale, and be the healer of the fallen fairies."

"Even Lily?!!!" Natsu, once again, exclaimed.

"Turning into his battle form and using their wings are form of magic," Makarov simply replied before looking at Erza. "Start the draw."

When everyone's done, they are reminded to always tie the ribbon of their current target around their head. If the enemy stole it, they're automatically defeated and they must surrender their other ribbons that they had stolen if ever they have.

"Alright, press this button and it will teleport you in different places here in Magnolia."

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

Lucy blinked as she looked around. She's not in the guild anymore. She's actually inside the clothing shop.

She slowly walked while scanning the whole place with some customers entering and exiting the store, searching for any guild members and to her relief, she's the only Fairy Tail Wizard there.

Now, all she have to do is to search her first target, Laki. She went out of the store, not lowering her guard even for seconds. Waa, I wonder who's my predator? I hope he or she will atleast give me a signal!

She turned to the other direction and she saw Levy also staring at her from afar. Waaa?! Levy-chan?! I'm her target?!

The blonde gulped, slowly stepping forward, so as Levy. They're not leaving each other's eyes. They kept on walking, until they pass through without any of them attacking.

Lucy sighed in relief. I'm not her target! They both exclaimed in mind. Levy stopped and called her.

"Lu-chan! Good luck to us! We'll eventually face each other and I'm not holding back!"

Lucy winked at her. "I'm looking forward to it!"

She kept on walking and looking around after her encounter with Levy. She had already seen a fight, and some Fairy Tail members along the way, but there's still no sign of Laki and her predator.

But then suddenly, she felt a presence going to her in a fast speed from above so she quickly jumped backward to avoid the attack.

"Hello, Lucy."

"Jet..."

Then as if on cue, she saw Laki walking from afar. Shit! I have to get her! She ran as fast as she could and passed through Jet. She pulled out her ordinary whip and swung it in the air, its rope wrapped around Laki's wrist which startled her.

"You can't escape from me, Lucy!" Jet yelled and stopped in front of the two girls.

The blonde whined in her head. Ahhh!!! Such difficult for my first fight!

Now, they're facing each other, in a three-way battle.

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

AFTER AN HOUR since the battle began, some of the wizards had already fallen and out of the game with different causes and strategies.

For example, the two famous couple's fight. Gray vs Juvia and Gajeel vs Levy. Interesting, right?

But the people watching in the guild couldn't do anything but to laugh and face-palm the whole time.

F L A S H B A C K

Gray Fullbuster bit the insides of his cheeks while staring at his girlfriend. His eyes twitching while watching her talked to herself.

"Waa! How should Juvia fight Gray-sama?! Juvia can't fight him!"

"But the reward is too high with two tickets of most expensive resort in Crocus! If Juvia would win... Kyaa!"

"Eh, what should Juvia do?! Should Juvia punch him?"

"But that hurts right?"

"Waa!!! Juvia's going crazy!!!"

Indeed... The Ice Mage only face-palmed. I'm sorry, Juvia.

"Juvia."

The Water Mage stopped from her monologue and stared at him with heart-shaped eyes, a blush on her cheeks.

"Y-Yes?"

Gray started stepping closer to her. Her heart racing so fast, her face increasing in temperature. Especially when he used his finger to lift her chin up and looked directly in her eyes.

"I love you..."

"Jubiiiin!!!!"

She fell on his boyfriend's arms with burning face. And with that, the fight ended. If that's what you can call a fight.

In the other part of Magnolia, the wedded mages were only staring at each other. Gajeel smirked, watching the serious face of his wife. But his smirk vanished when Levy started untying the ribbon of her dress, revealing a bit of her cleavage...if there is.

"H-Hey!!! What the hell are you doing, Shrimp?!" He looked around and glared at the looking passer by.

"Give me your ribbons, then I'll stop."

Come on, Gajeel! Don't be choosy, I want to face Lu-chan!

"No way! Let's just fight!" Gajeel beckoned her to attack, but clicked his tongue when Levy didn't budge. "Ugh! I'll just run away from you--"

"Try that and you won't score to me this night."

"W-What?"

She seductively smiled. "Come on, Gajeel. Give me the ribbons and I'll give you a reward."

The Iron Dragon gulped. He closed his eyes shut, clenching his fist. The sweats trailing down his temple were the proof of how hot he's feeling.

Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT ALL!!!

Back in the guild, the audiences were blushing madly as they watched the proud Slayer suddenly accepting his defeat. So that means...

"Erotic..." Happy commented.

Yeah. Let's just say it like that.

P R E S E N T

But don't fret. The most exciting part hasn't come yet.

Minutes had passed and the players were kept on decreasing in number, being transported back in the guild right after they lost.

Natsu Dragneel already had fifteen ribbons because of his crazy sense of smell. Advantage of any Dragon Slayer.

"YAHAHAHA! This is a piece of cake!" He exclaimed as he tied the additional seven ribbons on his arm that he stole from Romeo who's now lying on the ground, knocked out and vanished after seconds.

Natsu looked at the name in the ribbon that he'd gotten from the kid's forehead and found Droy's name, his next target. He quickly put it around his own forehead, and he transferred the one with Romeo's name on his arm full of ribbons.

He looked up at the lacrima screen following him, displaying the remaining players. His eyebrows arched up in excitement when he spotted Lucy's name still marked as Active. Heh! I can't wait to fight Lucy!

Well, after the quest, they've gotten much closer than before. Especially when he started training the Celestial Mage in a hand-to-hand combat. They've never been in a serious fight since the Mud Battle and this Last Man Standing is getting him fired up.

"Let me see your improvement, Luce." He smirked, and started running towards the certain direction. "And here I come, Droy! Bwahahaha!"

ERZA SHOOK HER head as she watched Natsu from the lacrima. She crossed her arm and leaned against the seat's backrest.

"Being a Dragon Slayer is a huge advantage. It's almost unfair," she mumbled. Mira only giggled. But their guildmates who were taking a rest in the tables also raised their objections.

"Master! You should disqualify the dragons!"

"He's the remaining dragon there, though," Gajeel deadpanned, sitting beside his wife who was also defeated by Elfman. "Tch. If you didn't trick me there, I should have been still in the game!"

Levy only pouted while stroking the hair of her daughter.

Makarov shook his head. "I can't. That's the reason why intelligence is important in this game. You should think of plans to make the enemy's strength to be their weakness. Just sit and watch. Things are getting interesting."

"Right." Laxus smirked. "I can't wait for those two to face each other."

Mira followed the Lightning Dragon's eyes and found out that he's watching Lucy. She giggled and can't help but to get excited as well. Lucy and Natsu's fight...seems entertaining to watch.

But you know what caught them in surprise?

It's how Lucy impressively defeated the great Gray Fullbuster.

"Gray-sama?!!"

"Whoaa!!"

LUCY PANTED AS she dodged Gray's kick. She quickly pulled out her ordinary whip and swung it towards the Ice Mage which he didn't expect and got hit.

"Aw!"

"Ehh?! Gomen'ne!" Lucy yelled and got worried when Gray kneeled and held onto his forearm. She stepped forward but stopped when the male suddenly lunged to her.

"Don't get easily fooled, Lucy!" He forcefully stretched his right arm in attempt of landing a blow to her but he never expected Lucy to caught his fist instead dodging it.

She twisted his arm to his back, making him groan, then felt a heavy hit on his nape that targeted a specific point. Gray fell on the ground, unconscious.

Lucy quickly untied the eleven ribbon on his arm and put those on her own, and pulled the one on his forehead that will be her next target. Now, she had twenty-two ribbons in total. Like the fallen players, Gray was transported back in their guild.

Harsh training with Natsu and Capricorn is super worth it. She let out a very heavy sigh while wiping the bullets of sweat on her forehead. Gray was such a pain, though.

She looked at the small lacrima screen floating in the air. Four of them are the remaining players in the battlefield; she, Evergreen, Elfman, and...Natsu.

Waa! Gajeel's not there! And Juvia?!! I wonder what happened to those two. She rubbed her chin. I'm relief and sad at the same time because I didn't have the chance to fight Levy-chan.

She stared at the screen for the full two minutes. But more importantly, Natsu's still there... Noooo!!!!

NATSU WAS SMIRKING as he followed the scent of his 2nd to the last target. And he was near... just a little run. The gleam of excitement was really visible from his onyx eyes. He bit his lip, couldn't wait to finish the target so he could finally face her.

He's like an alpha wolf impatiently waiting to find his mate.

Damn it! I can even smell her scent! But it can wait. For now, I have to take Elfman down.

A turn to the left, and there he is! Elfman Strauss glanced at him when he felt his presence. People around them started going in the nearest establishment because they sure knew that there's a fight coming.

Some of them were complaining, though.

"Fairy Tail's at it again!"

"They always have some games before the Harvest Festival."

Once the street had left clear, competitive aura of two mages intensified.

"Heh, so you're my manly predator, Natsu?"

"Yup! And you're a dragon's prey."

They lunged towards each other. Their fists were inches away when Natsu suddenly crouched down that caught Elfman in surprise, and gave him a powerful uppercut. Elfman stumbled back at the impact. When he recovered, he didn't think twice on giving Natsu a straight punch which he defended by both of his arms.

Salamander skidded away but managed to stop himself, and attacked in his full speed. Elfman's asset is his big body that can give force to his attacks. But it can also be his weakness; his slower speed.

Natsu kept on attacking in different direction that Elfman couldn't follow. Plus, his stamina was slowly draining.

"You're open, Elfman!" And Natsu did the last kick, making the Take Over Mage fall on the ground. He sat beside him and got the ribbon tied on his forehead where Lucy's name is written.

He grinned widely. Finally!

LUCY BENT HER body backwards when Evergreen swung her arm to hit her. She then did a handspring, her foot hit Ever's jaw in the process which made her step back a few times.

The blonde used the chance to attack. She ran towards the nearest wall and jumped against it, putting a force on her feet to send herself towards the shocked Raijinshuu member.

Lucy's body in the mid-air over Evergreen, her hand reached for her head, and pulled the ribbon in the process. She then landed on the ground successfully stealing the red tie.

She stood up and faced Evergreen who's smiling at her.

"You got me there, huh."

"Eheh..." Lucy shyly scratched the back of her head.

As the rules stated, Evergreen should surrender her other ribbons if the one on her head had been stolen. Lucy watched her disappeared before looking down at the ribbon in her hand where Natsu's name is written.

She shook her head and replaced the ribbon on her head by the one with her best friend's name.

Lucy sighed heavily as she walked to the nearest store. She bought a bottle of water and swallowed it all in one gulp.

"Hah! It's really refreshing!"

She stared at the bottle in her hands. What should I do to defeat Natsu?

Then something came up to her mind. She faced the sales man and smiled sweetly at him.

"Hi, do you have a perfume?"

NATSU WAS FURROWING his eyebrows as he sniffed around. And the frustrating fact is he couldn't smell Lucy's scent.

"Ugh, damn it. Where is she?!"

But then, he felt a presence from above and there, he could clearly see Lucy's panties when she jumped off the roof to attack him.

"Ooh..." he muttered and barely dodged her kick but he still managed anyway.

"What ooh?!! Pervert!"

He raised an eyebrow. "I'm not. You're the one who decided to do that trick only on your skirt, which still didn't work."

"Grr..." Lucy glared at him, blushing from embarrassment.

Natsu's lips formed a grim line when her oh-so irritating strange scent filled his nose.

"Did you hug a guy?"

"W-WHAT?!"

"You smell like a guy, Luce, what the hell?!"

Her eyes widened, seeing the irritation in his eyes. W-Why is he mad?! "I...I had just borrowed a perfume from someone to hide my scent from you--wait! Why am I explaining?!"

"R-Really?"

"I'm telling the truth!"

That gave so much relief to the Fire Mage. His wide grin slowly coming back.

"That's great, then."

But his eyes widened when Lucy abruptly lunged to him and managed to land a blow on his stomach. Natsu groaned, stepping back while holding the hurting part. Damn, she's fast!

Lucy gulped as she watched his still grinning face, as if he's planning something really, really bad.

"Come, Luce," he beckoned her. "Show me what you've got."

Her nerves had calmed down after hearing that. Her lips slowly curved, showing a smirk. She pulled out her whip and swayed her hand, the rope created a dangerous sound when it hit the ground.

"I'll punish you, Salamander."

IN THE FAIRY Tail guild, the members are sitting in every table, their eyes were focused in the very large lacrima screen on the stage.

Some of them were even eating a popcorn, drinking some bottle of drinks while watching the last fight in a big screen. Mirajane turned off the lights for more feels.

"It reminds me of the Grand Magic Games," Wendy murmured.

"Yeah. But they're not allies this time," Cana replied, smirking.

"Natsu is too strong for Lucy, don't you think?" Carla asked.

"But they've been training together for the past months," Happy replied. "By the way, do you want fish?"

"No thanks."

"Lucy might have memorized Natsu's fighting style. She can use it in her advantage," Lily stated and sipped to his cup of kiwi juice.

"But it's the same for Natsu," Lisanna chimed in. "Huwah, I've been waiting for this match!" She giggled. "KNOCK HIM OUT, LUCY!!"

"Ugh! I was honestly looking forward on defeating Flame Brain!"

"But you lost to his bunny girlfriend. Shame," Gajeel teased.

"Look who's talking," Gray rolled his eyes. "Unlike you who accepted defeat because you're horny, I lost to Lucy in a fight!"

"H-H-How did you..." Gajeel blushed. "What the fuck, Gray!!! Don't just go saying stuffs like that!"

And they started a rumble.

"Is Lucy and Natsu-san a couple?" Juvia asked to Levy. The latter shook her head.

"They're not a couple...yet," she giggled.

"Shh!! They're talking!" One of their guildmates yelled. The whole guild went silent, making Natsu and Lucy's voice echo in the whole place.

"Come, Luce. Show me what you've got."

"I'll punish you, Salamander."

Everyone had different reactions. Some laughed, some were embarrassed. While the others were squealing like a fangirl...such as Mira.

"OHHH!!!"

"Punish him, Lucy! Bwahahaha!"

"Waaa! NaLu!!! Make babies already!"

"Mira! Kids are listening!"

"Sorry! Tehee~"

They calmed down when they heard Titania's loud, "Ahem!"

LUCY SWUNG HER whip, its rope caught Natsu's wrist. She was planning on pulling him harshly so he would lose his balance and fall on the ground, but that didn't happen.

"Whoa! Whoa!"

She was the one who's being pulled. To not stumble on the ground, she also moved her feet forward.

Logically, she could have just let go of the handle but it's like her hand was glued on it. Natsu smirked as he grabbed Lucy by the waist, pressing their body together. And his smirk grew wider when he saw how her face turned incredibly red.

"Hi, Luce," he teased, making her blush much harder.

"Too...TOO CLOSE!!!" And she headbutted him.

He groaned and stepped back, letting go of the oh-so flustered blonde as his hands landed on his forehead. Lucy was panting heavily for some unknown reason, her heart was in chaos as she felt its crazy beating.

She threw the whip somewhere, scared that what had happened might happen again. And her heart won't handle it anymore.

W-What...what's with this idiot today?!!

When Natsu recovered, he gave her a serious stare, murmuring under his breath. "I can't wait, Lucy..."

Lucy blinked when Natsu suddenly vanished in front of her. F-Fast!! She's so sure he's behind her so she tried to turn around but before she could even move, an arm wrapped around her waist, keeping her still.

Her breathing hitched. Now, her chest felt like wanted to expload and the butterflies on her stomach were not helping. But when she felt his other hand on her head, on her ribbon, she snapped back to reality and stopped his hand as she stepped on his foot.

"Aww! What the--"

His grip on her loosened and she didn't lose that chance to break free. She turned around with a plan on Lucy Kicking him...

...but his lips crashing on hers shocked her to the core.

Just imagine what kind of reaction this move had caused to the people watching in the guild.

Lucy froze on her feet. Her eyes were so wide that she can see Natsu's little blush. When she felt his lips moved, it brought so much electricity throughout her body.

Her knees weakened, her eyes slowly closing as she moved her lips with his in sync. If it hadn't because of Natsu's arm back around her waist, she would've been already kneeling on the ground.

Then slowly, she felt Natsu pulling the ribbon on her head but she didn't care. It doesn't matter anymore. She's too weak to move, she's so high to even think straight.

That's why when Natsu pulled away, she leaned forward going after his lips, not wanting to let go of it, but the merciless Salamander didn't let her.

"Addicted, huh," he smirked.

Lucy buried her face on his shoulder to hide her very red face due to sooo much embarrassment. "I hate you."

"Oh, I doubt that," he chuckled. She bit her lip, suppressing a smile especially after hearing his next words.

"I've won the battle..." He hugged her fully, tight and warm. "...and your heart. Wanna go in the resort with me?"

Meanwhile...

In the Fairy Tail guild, everyone's face was blushing scarlet and jaw was dropped, enough to catch hundreds of flies.

They had just watched a NaLu's kissing scene in a big screen. So lucky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 538 36
Welcome! Here is yet another book with NaLu one-shots! Have been doing this since 2017, and am very inconsistent unfortunately. You've all watched me...
499K 19.2K 47
This is the SEQUEL to The Playboy of Fairy Tail High. If you haven't yet read the first, it is highly recommended that you read the it, seeing as th...
3.3K 53 21
This is basically just fairytail couple oneshots I ship. You may request anything you want. I do not own fairytail all rights to the characters belo...
2K 105 22
Natsu and Lucy tie the knot after Lucy takes care of natsu after a horrible accident. They rush into things and are worried about a baby on the way...