A New World (Gigi Hadid x Y/N)

By japandoya

Y/N, is a teenager trying to live a simple life. Starting at a new high school filled with the supernatural... More

A/N
Part I
Part II
Part III
PART IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part X

Part IX

1.3K 45 1
By japandoya

POSSIBLE ROMANCE COMING UP 😳
~Edited~
————————
Y/N'S POV

        Leaving the back of the diner, we made it to the house once again. Walking inside, Harry and Selena immediately walked towards the bar. Shawn and Ariana went towards the kitchen, most likely grabbing a few blood bags. Brian, Zendaya and I all made our way to the living room, sitting down on the couches.

"Okay Y/N, you've learned everything about being a vampire, now Zendaya is going to teach you how to control your hunger." Brian told me. "Go wherever you two want, but Zendaya, make sure Y/N is in full control of herself." Brian said.

Zendaya nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me to the back of the house. We walked farther into the forest, sitting down on a log placed next to a large tree.

"Soooo ..." I said. "Soooo .." She mocked me, teasingly. I laughed slightly at her before she began to speak.

"Well, you've been told basically a million times what I'm going to teach you, so let's get on with it." She told me. "Okay, simple enough." I said laughing at the end.

"To start, you need to actually know what bloodlust is." She told me. "It's the need to continue drinking blood. Not exactly the need to, but the desire to." She explained. "That is why this is such a dangerous trait." "You won't be in charge of yourself, and if you let your bloodlust control you, you'll most likely become a ripper." She informed me.

"Umm, what's a ripper?" I asked, completely lost.

"A ripper is a type of vampire that spends his or her time finding people and draining them of their blood." "They don't stop until they've killed the person they are feeding off of." She said.

"Once someone becomes a ripper, it is incredibly difficult, and in some cases impossible, to stop them." Zendaya told me, scaring me.

What if I become a ripper? What if I can't control myself and continuously harm others?

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I became a ripper.

"So how do I control my bloodlust?" "I can't become a ripper." I told her.

"Most vampires drink from blood bags or animals." She told me. "But drinking animal blood is disgusting, in my opinion." She said.

"Eventually, you grow used to being around people without having the desire to feed off of them." She explained to me. "If you have multiple blood bags, you shouldn't feel the need to feed off of people." She informed me.

I nodded my head at her, taking in all of the information she just provided me with.

"Still, I'll be with you, along with the others, to help keep you in check until you're completely stable." She told me. "Thank you, that makes me feel more comfortable with this whole situation." I said truthfully.

"I'm kind of curious about something, though." I mentioned. "Sure, what is it?" Zendaya asked me.

"Brian was teaching me the vampire basics, but shouldn't this be a part of that?" I questioned. "Why did he have you explain it to me?" I asked her. I noticed her body tense up, making me regret asking her that.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." I said quickly.

"No no, it's okay." She told me, giving me a small smile.

"Well, my past has not been perfect." She began.

"I lived on my own for a majority of my life, which made me obviously independent, but it also forced me to grow up faster than I'd hoped for." She said.

"I was turned into a vampire, but had no one to help me through it." "This created a sort of darkness within me." She said.

"It was as if every emotion I had from my past was amplified by one hundred." "I began to use my abilities to my advantage, harming others without a care." She continued. "To me, it felt like an opportunity to make others hurt, just like I did." She said.

"I'm ashamed to have to admit to it, but I became a ripper." She told me. My eyes widened at this statement, but I continued listening.

"I discovered this thing called a humanity switch." She said. "Every vampire has one, where you can turn it off." "When your humanity switch is off, you don't feel anything." She told me. "No pain, no remorse, absolutely nothing."

"I decided to turn mine off, and refused to turn it back on." "I didn't want to face the reality of my actions." She said. "If I did, it would only make me see the true amount of pain I was causing people." I noticed her look down, not making eye contact with me.

"I grew up with a heart full of sadness and anger, and I just-" She stopped herself, letting out a loud groan.

I noticed her frustration, making me put my hand on her knee in an attempt to calm her down. She looked down at my hand, then at me. I suddenly became nervous, moving my hand away from her.

She looked straight ahead before continuing. "I just ... I knew that if I turned on my humanity switch, everything would hurt again." "All the pain I endured, but most importantly, all of the pain I made others feel." She said quietly.

"A series of deaths began to pile up, being classified as 'animal attacks'." She told me.

"Brian knew better, though." She said. "He eventually found me and brought me here."

I continued to listen to her as she told me about her past.

"He managed to turn on my humanity switch, and I changed my ways." "I had to face all of the pain from my past, only this time it hit me a thousand times harder." She explained.

"This was because I did not only have to deal with the difficulties of my upbringing, but I also had to face the fact that I destroyed countless lives." She said.

"People who had their entire lives ahead of them, and I took that away within a second." "I showed no remorse, but it all came and bit me in the ass." She told me.

"Brian asked me to teach you about bloodlust, because I know the most about it." She said. "I know how it can influence your actions. and I know how it can damage you." She said to me.

"Y/N, you need to understand how dangerous bloodlust really is." "It can break you apart, making you into a completely different person than you started out as." Zendaya said, looking directly at me.

To say I was frightened would be an understatement. After hearing her story, the last thing I wanted was to be overcome by this desire for blood.

I looked at her sympathetically before saying, "I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, Zendaya." "No one should have to." I said.

"It's okay, Y/N." "It was my own fault." "I made those decisions." She said. "I got what I deserved ..."

"Zendaya, nobody deserves that." I told her. She looked away from me, staring forwards. I got up from the log, kneeling down in front of her.

"Zendaya, look at me." I demanded softly. She stared up at me, making my heart break. The look in her eyes allowed me to see how it all changed her. She looked broken, and you could tell that she needed someone to come and pick up the pieces. She needed someone to help her overcome her pain.

"Yes, you did horrible things, but that doesn't make you a monster." I told her. "If you continued to repeat your past actions, it would be a different story." I said, looking at her.

"You've been through a lot, and I think you're pretty damn strong for overcoming it all." I told her honestly. I could see the vulnerability in her eyes, making me reach forward and pull her into a tight hug.

No one should have to live with this type of pain.

I pulled away, causing her to look directly into my eyes. I looked away, standing up and holding my hand out for her.

She grabbed it, standing up with me. She gave me another hug, holding me tight.

"Thank you Y/N, I really needed to hear that." She said to me. "Of course, I'm always going to be here for you Z." I said.

She blushed at the nickname before saying, "Well, now you know about bloodlust and how to control it." "Kind of." I let out a light chuckle when she corrected herself.

"We should head inside." She told me, giving me a quick kiss on my cheek before walking ahead of me.

Smiling like an idiot, I touched my cheek and followed after her.
————————
Y/N'S POV

"Y/N, you do have to attend school again." Brian told me. "I know, I'll head back tomorrow." I responded.

"However, you're not going to school alone." He said. "I know, Ariana is going with me." I told him.

"One vampire is not enough to keep those mutts away from you, Y/N." He said. "So what are you suggesting?"

"Well, Selena, Harry, Shawn, and Zendaya will all be joining you at school." He told me. "You'll have five vampires around you, and I'll make sure that you all have the same classes together." He informed me.

"Okay, I'm cool with that." "How do you guys feel about it?" I asked.

Harry and Shawn were quick to agree, and Ariana was forced to go along with it.

"I mean, if I get to spend more time with you, then I don't have a problem with it." Selena said, smirking at me. I noticed Zendaya looking at her, slightly irritated, but I chose to let it go.

"I'll go to help keep an eye on you, Y/N." Zendaya said, sending me a small smile.

I smiled back at her before Brian began to speak. "Then it's settled." "You'll all go to school tomorrow to help watch Y/N, and make sure she isn't bombarded by those werewolves." He said.

"Okay, but I do have to head home." I said, standing up. "I haven't messaged my dad since yesterday, and he's probably worried about me." I told them.

"Alright, get to school at seven fourty five tomorrow." Brian said to me. "That's when they'll get there." He said, pointing towards the other vampires in the room.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow then." I told them before walking towards the doors.

Before I could leave, I felt someone grab my hand. Turning around, I saw Zendaya holding onto my hand, making me raise an eyebrow at her. "What's up?" I asked.

"Umm, I just wanted to say thank you for listening to me and for not, you know, running away." She said.

"Zendaya, I wouldn't run away from you." "We all have our own pasts and have done things we're ashamed of." I told her. "Who am I to judge you." I said.

She smiled at me before giving me another kiss on my cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Y/LN." she said to me.

I couldn't help the grin that formed on my lips as I stupidly waved at her.

Turning around, I walked out of the house, heading home.
————————
This chapter was more of a filler, giving some more information on Zendaya's life in this book. I did this, because she's going to be a key character in this story, so it's important to know her background. ANYWHORE, I'll see you guys next time!
- yours truly, THE bitch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
578K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
71.8K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...