Quarantine In Prague

By ccorsen1

Adrien and Marinette get stuck in Prague together during Christmas. As friends, of course. But the magical ci... More

Chapter 1: The Luckiest
Chapter 2: Marinette's Half Frozen Brain
Chapter 3: A little thing called life
Chapter 4: Shining Gold in the Dark Cold
Chapter 6: The City of a Hundred Spires
Chapter 7: Terrible Timing
Chapter 8: Bad Day
Chapter 9: The Real Mask
Chapter 10: Close Together
Chapter 11: Adrien, The Hot Chinese Tutor
Chapter 12: The Bedroom Problem
Chapter 13: The Sweet Incident
Chapter 14: The Mistake
Chapter 15: The One You Forgot About
Chapter 16: Love In The City
Chapter 17: Silly As Usual
Chapter 18: The Bedroom Solution
Chapter 19: The New Boy
Chapter 20: My Prince
Chapter 21: The Combat of a Lion and a Wolf
Chapter 22: The Ball Party
Chapter 23: Aftermath
Chapter 24: The Gray Wolf
What is Going On....

Chapter 5: Adrien and the Empty First Class

1.7K 46 39
By ccorsen1

"Sorry, sorry- sorry" said Marinette as she tripped over in plane and nearly fell on some old lady if it wasn't for Adrien. Marinette chuckled, her face redder than one third of the French flag and she inched her way to their seats.

She stopped at the row 8. Adrien's seat, A, was across the lane from her own, B. Those were, by far, the worst seats in the whole plane. She frowned; they were also both occupied.

"Uhm." She massaged the back of her head nervously. Oh how I hate confrontations. "I am sorry, but these seats are... uhh... taken already." she peeped in a high pitched voice.

The two people occupying the seats didn't even notice her.

"Marinette?" questioned Adrien. "There are people waiting behind us." 

She turned at him. "Our seats are right here." she pointed at the two people lightly so they didn't notice.

Adrien shook his head. "Those aren't ours."

"Yes, they are, A for you, B for me, 8th row." She showed him their tickets as undeniable proof.

"Marinette," he nudged her with his finger to continue. "Those seats are in the first class."

She paled and pressed the tickets to her chest. First class? She turned around, overwhelmed, and slugged her way onward. Not only had she never flown in an airplane but she was also supposed to fly on First class? Her family did not have the means to fly and surely not in first class! That made her crazy uncomfortable. The imposter syndrome was strong with this one.

When she reached the dividing door between the first class and second, she couldn't even keep the eye contact with the stewardess, staying awkwardly silent, pressing the tickets still to her chest. Then a shock ran through her body as Adrien touched her, moving her gently out of the way. She barely registered what he said to the stewardess, but she smiled and they were in. Marinette shook, getting back to her senses.

"Voila. Seat A and B are right here, but if you prefer any other seat..." Adrien smirked as he span around the completely empty First Class. 

She was speechless. The vanilla scent, the tanned and soft  seats and- wait, is that a personal plasma? Her jaw dropped, same as her legs. She fell down- or more precisely, into one of those ultra comfy seats...

Adrien nodded. "The seats M & N, huh." He shrugged and sat next to her. As they put on their seat belts and got accustomed to all the little details of the First Class, the pilot began his speech.

He talked briefly about the fact that it was the last flight between Prague and Paris for a long time to come. Then the message got repeated in Chinese and English.

Soon after that the plane shook slightly and started rolling. Marinette looked out of the window, looking over the airport lit by the very first sun beams of the morning. She squeezed her hands into little fists. I need to warn him ahead...

"A-Adrien?" she said. He stopped meddling around with the TV settings and looked at her joyfully.

"Yeah?"

"I just... I just wanted to say that I haven't ever flown in a plane before and I am afraid that I will make a scene-"

"You haven't ever flown in a plane?" Adrien frowned. 

Marinette looked down on her feet, ashamed. "No."

But Adrien's voice bore no judgement - instead, he sounded rejoiced. "Really? Me neither!" he settled into his seat, a bit more comfortable than before.

"Listen, if I scream, just..."

"Is that a challenge, Marinette? I am sure that I am the one who is going to scream here, not you."

"I know it's not true, but thank you for trying to make me feel better." Adrien blushed ever so slightly at her comment.

The plane accelerated, storming over the runway.

"I guess here we are, closing in to our doom." remarked Adrien.

She gasped. "Don't say that! It brings bad luck!"

He shrugged. "Let's hope Ladybug kept a bit of luck for us two, then. Anyways, are you ready to scream with me?"

She blushed a little, her thoughts going to places that they shouldn't have gone to. "S-s-sure."

The plane rolled forward faster and faster until-

Marinette was pinned back into her seat. She clenched her teeth as she felt her organs twisting and turning with the change of pressure and plain old shock. Her heart raced and mind spinned-Then she felt a hand squeeze her own. All her worries vanished, leaving her only with Adrien's excited and kind presence. She squeezed his hand back with gratitude.

And not so long after that, it passed. Marinette's heart was still beating fast, her ears a bit shaken, but the take off was done. The plane stabilized.

Adrien let go of her hand first, even though Marinette childishly wished they'd hold hands for the whole flight. He looked like a child being given a big load of candy, with his wide smile and jumpy attitude. "That was awesome! It's exactly how I imagined a roller coaster!"

A roller coaster? "You... haven't ever tried a roller coaster? It's not as scary as it looks..."

"Well, I was never allowed to an amusement park, so I just imagined it." He shrugged, still smiling. What a poor soul, she thought.

"You should! We might go to one in Prague. Eh... if you wish."

"I would love to!"

"I mean, your Father won't be able to track every single minute of your day, right?"

"Yeaaaah." Adrien chuckled nervously. "A-anyways. It will take about two hours to fly from here to Prague." Adrien said. "So what do you think about, let's say, watching a movie?"

"Uhm, sure."

Adrien turned back to the television. It took Marinette a while before she realized the symbols weren't random decorations but actual Chinese symbols that Adrien navigated effortlessly.

"Sooo.... we have Frozen, Avengers... Tangled and, oh hey this looks interesting."

Marinette leaned in closer, pretending like she understood exactly what he meant by the pointing of his finger.

He quickly explained after. "A documentary about Prague."

"Ah. Well that should be nice." she nodded and he put it on.

Marinette assumed that the intro in Chinese was just that, an intro. But when the documentary continued and she saw the Prague's Castle still with the Chinese voice over, she looked over at Adrien, confused. He was settled in his seat, hands comfortably together in his lap, fully immersed in the documentary. It was such a sweet sight that Marinette didn't dare interrupt him... but then he blinked suddenly, realizing something.

"Oh my God, Marinette! I am so sorry!" he jumped back to the TV screen and clicked a few buttons. "I am so used to listening to everything in Chinese on a day to day basis that I barely notice it from French now... It's so natural. I am sorry, here, voila, French subtitles. Sorry..." He was a bit red.

"Listening to everything in Chinese...?" She wondered.

"Well, that's not really true." Marinette was relieved. She never studied English or Spanish to such an extent. "I actually read and listen most things in Chinese, but not everything. I read French literature in Chinese to do multiple productive things at a time and watch Chinese dubs of documentaries and also piano, chess and fencing tutorials by Chinese masters..."

Now Marinette's sixty-two day streak on Duolingo didn't seem so admirable after all.

 "-but I don't study math in Chinese." He chuckled. "I am not that disciplined."

"Yeah, totally! You are so damn lazy, Agreste!" Her side that only her closest knew crawled to the surface before Marinette could stop her. She paled. Adrien raised his eyebrows.

Then he laughed. "Yeah, I could see what you mean. Sarcasm suits you, Marinette." He winked and stood up from his seat.

"Well, I am off to talk with the stewardess to get us some snacks and then we will watch it from the beginning, 'kay?"

She nodded and waited, using the time to make sure Tikki was okay and brushing her hair properly, finally (because she never really had time for that and doing it in front of Adrien felt... Weird). 

Adrien walked back a bit red, explaining that the stewardness was not so happy about him wandering around the plane and that he should have simply called for her with a press of a button... Oh well, no one is perfect on the first try, right? Plus seeing him embarassed ? Amazing sight :3

"Anyways, I brought you these liquorice tube-things." He handed her the packet as her eyes exploded far and wide. "I remember seeing you drooling over them when Nino brought them in school one day, so I thought you wouldn't mind. And I also brought you some black tea, just in case." Then he settled himself down with a bland salad and a sugar-free protein bar. 

He glanced at her. "Marinette?"

"Hm?" she shook her head. 

"What about the mask?" A smile was growing on his face as she realized she almost attempted to bite into the liquorice sweet through her mask.

"Oh, right." She took the mask down slowly, hoping for her blushing to fade, now fully visible. 

Adrien adjusted the subtitles, rerolled the documentary and pressed play. But even then, instead of reading the subtitles he set for her, she almost exclusively looked at him. The little perfect boy sitting next to her...

She soon dropped into deep sleep, her exhaustion catching up to her rapidly...

Marinette was awakened from her trance by a beep ringing through the empty First Class. Eyes half open, she realized something strange. She was laying on something comfortable... but it wasn't the seat's cushion. With a jump of her heart she realized she was asleep on Adrien's shoulder the whole time. She couldn't stop the uncontrollable smile growing on her face.

The beeping continued.  "Dear passengers, in a few minutes we will be descending to the Prague Airport..."

Adrien smiled back at Marinette slowly waking up for the fifth or so time that day and offered her an assuring hand. 

She giggled and wrapped her fingers in his for the landing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 5K 33
Adrien is frustrated by the dating rumors going around. People are assuming that he is playing with Chloe and Marinette, when Ladybug is the one he t...
206K 5.5K 30
Adrien tries to move on from Ladybug by dating Kagami. Marinette is still heartbroken, she had given up all hope with the blonde model and seeks comf...
542K 18.6K 34
A soul linked, near and afar, She loves you simply for who you are. Behind a mask her truth may lie, But other times, she is clear...
17.4K 345 18
Marinette has to go out of Paris forever, she worries about not seeing her friends. But there's a new superhero around to help Chat out! Oh, It's you...