Stay ✓

By leviackermans1ut

Sasuke Uchiha and Mai Masaki used to be childhood friends. However, after the masscre of Sasuke's clan by the... More

Chapter 1: dead memories
Chapter 2: first day
Chapter 3: fallen flowers
Chapter 4: new weapon
Chapter 5: thirteenth birthday
Chapter 6: party
Chapter 7: spy
Chapter 8: complications
Chapter 9: clouds
Chapter 10: stay away
Chapter 11: training
Chapter 12: haunting past
Chapter 13:exam day
Chapter 14:squads assemble
Chapter 15:first mission
Chapter 16:hotsprings
Chapter 17:messiness
Chapter 18:stranded
Chapter 19: an understanding
Chapter 20:captured
Chapter 21:tortured
Chapter 22:late night walk
Chapter 24:panic
Chapter 25:waiting room
Chapter 26:forever
Chapter 27:trust
Chapter 28:comfortable
Chapter 29:departure
Chapter 30:failure
Chapter 31:winter
Chapter 32:back home
Chapter 33:anbu
Chapter 34:nothing
Chapter 35:mixed feelings
Chapter 36:overwhelmed
Chapter 37:crumbling
Chapter 38:impossible
Chapter 39:submissive
Chapter 40:changed
Chapter 41:stuck
Chapter 42:official
Chapter 43:brothers
Chapter 44:insanity
Chapter 45:the truth
Chapter 46:vengeance
Chapter 47:fervent
Chapter 48:im with you
Chapter 49:terrorist
Chapter 50:elimination
Chapter 51:you and I
Chapter 52:giving in
Chapter 53: inclination
Chapter 54:tension
Chapter 55:visitors
Chapter 56: accountability
Chapter 57: our sins
Chapter 58: end
a/n
Epilogue

Chapter 23:curse mark

1.1K 43 9
By leviackermans1ut

(This story is different from the show in storylines a little bit, so in this Sasuke doesn't get the curse mark during the chunnin exams)
~

Mai's pov

   I woke up to the sun bleeding through my curtains. My eyes blinked a couple times so I could adjust them to my surroundings.

Sasuke laid next to me covered in my blankets, soft snores escaping his nose. I couldn't help but let out a smile at watching him soundly sleep.

Life is really a rollercoaster. Sasuke and I were best friends, then we hated each other, and now we're back to friends. It makes me happy that I got him back, and to be honest, he is the most important person in my life. He protects me and cares about me, even if he doesn't want to admit it, and even if he doesn't think he does.

Sasuke went though so much at just a young age. Seeing your own brother kill your whole entire clan, but to just leave him alone, that's cruel. I never expected Itachi to do something like that, he always was kind to me and took great care of Sasuke. He loved Maiko too, at least I thought he did.

Whatever, I'm just happy that I can help Sasuke now. He deserves somebody in his life that won't ever leave him. And I never want to leave him, no matter what happens.

Pounding on my bedroom door shook me away from my thoughts, anxiety pulsing through me. I lunged over to Sasuke and tried shaking him awake, but he just groaned and kept his eyes closed.

"Sasuke, wake up!" I whisper yelled to him, but, still nothing.

"Mai! Who are you talking to?!" I heard my father scream from the other side of the door, causing me to panic.

I shook Sasuke again and lifted his eyelid as he widened his eyes, finally awake.

"What are you doing?" He asked groggily, rubbing his head.

"My dad, I need you to-."

My head jolted towards my door as my Father threw it open. He looked furious as his evil eyes met Sasuke's body.

"It's not what it looks like, I swear!" I defend.

My fathers jaw clenched as he stomped over to the bed. "Sasuke. I want you to get the fuck out of my house and stay away from my daughter!" He spat.

I gulped.

Sasuke looked unbothered as he got off from my bed. "She doesn't need to stay away from me. Mai needs to stay away from you."

"What did you say to me? I care for her!" My father lied through gritted teeth.

"Hn. And that's why you beat her? Kick her? Cut her? Punch her, and-."

My father stepped forward, forming a fist with his hand. "You better shut your fucking mouth, boy!"

"And treat her like shit? You're a pathetic excuse for a father. Here's what's going to happen," Sasuke also took a step forward. "You are going to stop abusing Mai, or I'm going to tell lord third what goes on behind closed doors." He threatened. I proudly smiled.

My fathers face stayed angry, but he undid the fist he made and heavily sighed. "Mai, sweetheart." His tone softened and he walked over to me, gently stroking my face with his fingers. I instinctively flinched at his touch; expecting a punch or slap. Why was he putting on this act when Sasuke and I both know he's violent?

"Don't touch her!"

My father shot him a glare before looking into my eyes. "Honey, you know I love you."

I vigorously shook my head. My golden honey orbs started to fill with tears, remembering all of his blows to my face, his words, the glass, everything. I became filled with rage. The tears that once formed into my eyes dried up as all of the anger inside of me became present.

I slowly brought up my hand and slapped his away from my face. "You did. At some point in my life, I would believe you," I jolted off my bed and got in his face. "Then, Maiko died. And something inside of you changed. You beat your own daughter! And I'm done with that, father! I'm not going to be your punching bad anymore!" I screeched at the top of my lungs, not only shocking him, but Sasuke too.

He didn't say a word. His eyes just widened, and then he left the room. However, I was still so angry at him for making my life a living hell. I would never forgive him. My father isn't my father. He is dead to me.

My legs started to follow him, but the moment I felt Sasuke's hand grip my arm, I softened. With one touch, I was able to calm down from rage.

"You said what you had to say," Sasuke's calm voice uttered. "That took guts, and... that was just really.. good for you."

I let out a deep breath and turned to face Sasuke while his hand still held my arm. My lips curled into a smile once I made eye contact with his onyx orbs.

"Thank you, Sasuke. For everything." I stepped forward so I was close to him, lacing my arms around his neck to embrace him with a hug. This time, he didn't hesitate and I felt his arms wrap around my waist tightly.

I loosened our grip, both my hands resting on his shoulders. "Want to go do something?"

"Like what?" He queried.

"Lay on the grass and watch the clouds?"

He sent me a conflicted glare.

"Come on, Sasuke. Just trust me, it's soooothing." I smirked while trying to persuade him.

Sasuke playfully rolled his eyes in defeat. "Fine, okay. Doesn't sound all that bad."

"That's the spirit!" I beamed, taking his hand and dragging him out of my home.

~

"Are you enjoying it?" I smiled as my eyes scanned the light blue sky filled with fluffy clouds.

"Hn."

I titled my head to face him, and he was starring at the sky with a content look.

"I knew you would." I cockily said as he groaned.

"Sasuke Uchiha." A deep man's throaty voice startled me.

Sasuke jumped off the ground and covered me with his body. Does this man want Sasuke?! Who is he?!

I tried my best to stay calm.

"Who are you?" Sasuke hissed, taking out a kunai in the process.

The man had practically white pale colored skin, a white short sleeve robe like thing, and a large purple knot that tied around his waist. He had on a smug grin as he starred at Sasuke with... desire? Want?

"I am Orochimaru. And you're Sasuke Uchiha, correct?" His long pink tongue spilled from his mouth as it licked both his bottom and top lip. That's just creepy and gross.

"Why are you here?" Sasuke sternly questioned.

"You want power, is that correct? To kill your older brother, Itachi?"

I glanced up at Sasuke who now was furious. "Don't you talk about him!"

Orochimaru creeped closer. "I could give you that power. You would easily be able to get your revenge."

I tugged on Sasuke's sleeve. "Don't listen to him. He doesn't know anything about it."

"Ah, is that you Mai Masaki?" How the hell does he know who I am?

Hearing my name leave his lips triggered Sasuke even more. "Stop talking to her! Just get lost!" He fumed.

Suddenly Orochimarus mouth widened so a full snake like thing with a face came sprinting out of it. It's long body jolted straight for Sasuke, and before I was able to jump In front of him, the face showed its sharp teeth as they sinked deeply into Sasuke's neck.

He screamed out of pain and fell to the ground clutching onto the fresh bite mark. I placed my hand on his shoulders and glared at Orochimaru, and then he just disappeared.

"Sasuke, it'll be okay." I softly spoke as I rubbed his back.

The screams of pain coming from his throat made me feel pain too. I hated seeing him like this. I felt immense hatred for Orochimaru. So much so, that I want to track him down and kill him in the worst way possible.

"Hey, I'm here okay? It's okay, Sasuke." I kept reassuring him, and somehow he managed to stop screaming.

I laid my legs out and helped him slouch onto my chest, his face nuzzling into me. His breathing started to slow down and he wrapped an arm around me.

I brought my hand up to his ravenette hair and stroked it gently as my other hand glided along his back.

"Just calm down, and once your able to I will make sure we return home safe. Trust me, okay?" My choked up voice comforted.

"Always."

~

A/N thank you guys for the reads, comments and votes! It means so much to me since I expected nobody to read my story!

Love you guys <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286 2 19
What if... Naruto and Sasuke had a childhood friend, Kakashi had someone else he could call family, Sakura had another friend besides Ino. This missi...
1M 22.2K 68
Your favorite anbu, hokage, jonin, and sensei. Ever felt like how it would be to date him? Hm? Well this will take place when Naruto and them are st...
168K 4.5K 23
Reborn in a world of Naruto as Itachi's twin. His old Life doesn't matter, now that he care so much for others, his village, and especially his broth...
1.1M 52.1K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...