Far Away | A Lost Fanfiction

By onelesswriter

"You can't run forever." The survivors of Oceanic 815 crash on a deserted tropical island. They are forced t... More

disclaimer.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fiveteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.

nineteen.

407 17 1
By onelesswriter

Robyn lifts her bow, carefully hooks her index finger around the fishing line to pull the arrow back. She counts to five to steady her breath and closes her right eye to focus on her target. She waited.

"You do know that I can hear you right?" Robyn fires the arrow.

"How?" Walt steps forward. Vincent, his golden lab right beside him.

Robyn lowers her bow. "That's how I am trained." She turns around to face Walt and Vincent. "Tell me why you're all the way out here."

Walt cleared his troat, but no words came out of his mouth. Vincent bopped his head to the side, like he knew what she was talking about. Walt knew that he promised Robyn not to explore the jungle on his own. He knows that he is going to be in trouble for this action, but, he is tired of being treated like a baby all the time. He wants to help out.

"Walt?" Robyn snaps her fingers to get his attention.

"Can you teach me?" Walt asked, taking a step forward.

Robyn sighs deeply and crosses her arms. "No way, Walt."

"Why not!?" He asked rather irritated.

"Walt, you promised me that you wouldn't leave the beach and explore the jungle on your own. How am I going to trust you with a bow and arrow if you can't keep a promise?" Robyn kneeled, places her hand under Walt's chin to pull his head up so she could look him in the eyes. "Look, I am not mad at you. Can you just promise me that this won't happen again?"

"Okay, I promise." Walt stuffs his hands into his pockets and kicked a rock. "How did you learn?"

"My grandfather taught me." Robyn grabbed her backpack, slides her arms through the straps. "Let's head back, we have a long walk ahead of us."

Walt nodded his head and pets Vincent softly on his head letting him know that they were about to leave. Robyn looked back at Walt, nodded and strode away in the same direction she came in.

"Why did you stop looking for Claire?" Walt asked.

Robyn stopped. She didn't turn around to face him. Robyn didn't expect Walt to ask that type of question. "What makes you think I stopped looking for Claire?" There was a crack in her voice.

"They-" Robyn abruptly turned around to face Walt. He looked down at his feet. "They were whispering about something. I thought it had something to do with you because." Walt stopped with talking.

"Because?" Robyn places her hands on her hips. She is irritated, not because of Walt, but at the fact that people talk behind her back. It's probably not that big of a deal, but, if someone needs to be praised for the dedication of keeping the group safe, it should be her.

"You have been acting weird since you got back." Walt said.

"Walt,-" As Robyn was about to tell him not to worry about her, her attention got drawn to a ruffling noise bouncing off moving bushes. Walt grabbed Vincent by his collar and pulled him gently too him. Robyn holds her finger by her mouth signaling to Walt to stay quiet. He nodded.

Robyn pulls her knife out of her boot. "Who's there?" Her heart is beating loudly in her chest and grabbed Walt's forearm to push him behind her to shield him from whatever is going to jump out of the bushes.

"Claire?"

__________________________

"HELP! We need some help!" Walt shouted as he wildly waved his arms around in panic. His tiny lungs where running out of breath of how much he has been screaming for the past ten minutes to get anyone's attention.

"Is that Walt?" Kate questioned as she scans with her eyes the treeline for the screaming voice.

"We need the doctor!" He shouted again. "Jack! Where's Jack?"

"What's going on, Walt?" Kate rises to her feet and strode over to him.

Robyn gently pushes the bushes away with her free arm so she can carry Claire safely through the jungle. "Can someone help me?" Her tiring voice softly asked.

Kate couldn't believe her eyes as she sees Robyn appear with Claire by her side, trying to keep her on her feet with all the strength she has left. Kate ran towards them, carefully lifting Claire's arm so she could wrap it around her neck. "I can't believe you found her."

"Is she alive?" Charlie asked.

"Where'd you find her?" Jack asked. Robyn and Kate gently helped Claire down to sit so Jack could examine her.

"A mile north, away from the beach." Robyn replied. She rolled her right shoulder back, it felt sore from carrying Claire all on her own. Robyn also stretches her arms above her head to get rid of the stinging in her lower abdomen. "She collapsed in my arms."

"Is she injured?" Charlie asked again.

"Everybody needs to back off, OK? Just give her some air." Jack shouted irritated. Robyn stepped away to give Jack the space he needed. "Can you hear me, Claire? Wake up."

Robyn sat down on a log and buried her face into her hands. "Hey, it's okay." She overheard Jack say to Claire. "You're safe."

"WHO ARE YOU?" Claire shouted as she backed up trying to get away from Jack. "Who are you people?"

Robyn looked up to see Claire tear up. The look on her face said it all, She was terrified by the people who surrounded her. Robyn couldn't deny the frustration Claire must be feeling at the moment. She experienced the same thing when she woke up after passing out to save a mans life. Not remembering what happened to you, is the worst feeling in the world.

"Claire, I'm Jack. Do you remember?" Robyn rises to her feet and walked over to Jack and Claire.

"I don't remember," She paused. "I don't remember any of you. I don't remember any of this."

Robyn kneeled down beside Claire. "What do you remember, Claire?"

"I was on a plane flying to LA from Sydney." Claire said. Robyn looked over her shoulder to see a concerned look shimmering in Jack's eyes. Whatever Ethan did to Claire it clearly messed up her memory. Claire can't remember anything what happened to her the last two weeks.

"We were all on that plane. It crashed here, two weeks ago, on this island." Robyn quietly said trying not to upset her.

"If it's true what you're saying then why are we still here?" Claire questioned.

A good question they all wished they had an answer too.

__________________________

Later that day, Robyn is sitting with her legs pulled up to her chest on the damp jungle ground her head resting against the tree trying to zone out all the bickering what is happening around her. She had no energy left to come up with a plan on how to catch and stop Ethan from infiltrating our group. Robyn opens her eyes to see Jack nervously pacing back and forth between Sayid and Locke.

Kate looked down at her feet while chewing on her nails. "How did she escape from Ethan?" Kate questioned.

Jack stopped with pacing and turned around to face Robyn. "Do you think she escaped?"

"I don't know, Jack." Robyn rises to her feet and wiped the dirt of her jeans. "Where I found her was in the opposite direction from where she disappeared."

"Who's to say he didn't send Claire?" Sayid said while crossing his arms. "Ethan infiltrated us. Whoever he is, and wherever he comes from, he's intelligent."

Robyn shakes her head. There's no way that Ethan would send Claire to spy on us. If he wanted eyes in the group, he would do that himself. Ethan did it before, but, of course showing his face now would not be his best option.

"Tell me doctor, how many times have you diagnosed amnesia?" Sayid asked.

"She's been through a trauma, Sayid!" Robyn shouted. "Claire can go into labor at any moment now. She is scared."

"Robyn is right. It's rare, but, amnesia can happen under these conditions. It is possible that her memory reset to the crash." Jack says agreeing with Robyn.

"We need to stop talking about whether or not Claire is sent by Ethan and start talking about a plan to stop him and keep the rest of us safe." John said.

Robyn nodded. "I agree, but, we really don't have any weapons and fighting Ethan with a couple of knives might get one of us killed."

"There's a suitcase with guns." Jack says as he gently removed a necklace with a key.

"How long have you been keeping this from us? Robyn questioned. "Did any of you knew about a suitcase with guns?"

"It doesn't matter who knew," Jack sighed deeply. "I will pick them up first thing tomorrow morning. Then we can talk about a plan, OK?"

Robyn nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 270 19
Going on a school trip abroad can be described with many juxtaposing thoughts, but should never be linked to fatalities or injury. Juniper Pearl Foxx...
827 9 33
"For the ocean is endless, just like my love for you. Endlesslys yours." - Anten Rodgen "The ocean is forever there, it will be there for every deat...
4K 231 35
{ tmnt 2016 version } Published: August, 12, 2017 Donatello's family send him to go to a vacation sense he would not take care of himself with a...
Lost By Kenedy

Fanfiction

60.1K 1.2K 58
Hayley White is a 15 year old girl who was one of the survivors of oceanic flight 815 now she is stranded on an island with strangers will she surviv...