Be True

By BookishBanana13

This Fanfic is based on RosyClozy's gacha series, The Music Freaks. All characters belong to Rosy. I will st... More

BE TRUE
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Questions?
Chapter 9
Special chapter : Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Thank You!!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Q&A with the Characters!
Epilogue
Author's Long Note

Chapter 17

325 18 25
By BookishBanana13

First, Thank you so much for 2k reads!!! I love you guys! Hope you enjoy my soon to be done chapters!

Milly POV

Ah yes. Today was the day of picking the two candidates for school council president. I saw Drew put up some posters as well. There were 3 possible people. I was rooting for Daisy and Lia. Sorry Drew. Maybe he could be a good vice-president. Probably. 

Anyway, Daisy and I arrived to Alabama High early. We had to get ready. Daisy was shaking a little bit. Her body was very jittery today. I did my best to calm her down. Lia even came earlier and gave her a bottle of water. She was nervous. Lia and I were rubbing her back with concern.

"Calm down Daisy. Everything will go great!" Lia said.

"She's right. C'mon Daisy. One more time to practice your speech, then you'll do amazing! It's just one persuasive speech. Just be comfortable."

The girl in a blue skirt took a few deep breaths. Then she put on a determined face. "Okay. I can do this."

"Yea!" I exclaimed as both, me and Lia pumped out fists in the air.

I saw Grace coming around the corner, probably collecting Lia. She smiled and waved to us. She signaled Lia to follow her. The black-haired girl nodded and followed.

My head went back to when I talked to Grace for the first time. She was a short, but average brunette haired girl with freckles. A pretty common look. Unlike my vibrant looks. 

She invited me to her house, and I accepted. It was a pretty boring house. Everything was there but it didn't really seem like a home.

"Anyway, welcome to my house." 

"It looks....nice."

"No it doesn't," she scoffed. "Don't feel the need to joke." Her face went into a mix of cringe and laughing.

"Sorry about earlier."
"It's fine. I think you should just hear my side of the story."

I shrugged. "Okay."

We sat down in the middle of her bedroom. She inhaled. "Okay. Let's start.

I shrugged again. 

"Okay, yes when I first met Lia, it was for popularity. I assumed that Lia was like Karen from Mean Girls. Pretty dumb and oblivious. Especially since everyone knows Zoey is pretty manipulative with people. I didn't want to fall for that. But Lia was smarter than I thought. She was also more of an introvert than a popular extrovert. Lia also was a pretty cool friend to have. Polite. Honest. Loyal. Helpful. I understood why I found her with you guys. So now I'm her genuine friend."

I nodded. "But what about all those girls crowding her?"

"After a couple of days, they found out I was hanging out with Lia. They used me to sit near her. They call be their 'friend' but I barely know them."

"Oh. Okay. I'm sorry for being a bit rude and mean to you."

It was her turn to shrug. "It's okay."

We shared a smile. "Let's do homework together," she suggested.

"Why not?"

That was the end of my flashback. So now we're partially good friends. It was nice and refreshing.

Daisy recited her speech one more time. Her confidence, charisma, and intelligence were definitely showing. I flashed her a thumbs up and a huge grin. 
"Nice job girl!"

Her cheeks flushed. "Thanks. I think I'm ready."

"That's the spirit!"

We said our goodbyes and went to our individual lockers. I see someone trying to put something in my locker. I take a step to the side and realize who it is. 

"Elliot?!"

...

His body went tight and into a pencil position. "Ah...hi...Milly!" he greeted.

My eyes went to his hand. "What's that?"

His head whipped to where I was motioning. "Ah...nothing."

"Really? Cause it looks like a piece of paper to me," I said, crossing my arms. But then I felt my eyes widen.

It was Elliot?!

It all made sense now. How was I so dumb?!

Maybe we're the moon and sun.

We're complete opposites. He's an introvert who prefers solo activities, while I'm an extrovert who wouldn't mind doing hobbies with friends.  

#1 I am a boy

Elliot identifies as a male.

#2 I have somewhat a duality. My first is this really shy kid who can barely talk. The other is a killer skateboarder. I love being energized but I can't be as energetic as you heh.

The way he flirted later in the letter and how we got invited to the skateboarding park. Elliot did killer tricks are his skateboard.

#3I wear glasses

It's pretty obvious that Elliot wears glasses.

#4I'm a fan of nature's gifts

He's a gardener for goodness sake!

#5 I love Milly

Apparently the feeling was mutual.

#6 I like the color magenta. It's a main color of my favorite flower.

If I call back correctly, his favorite flower, or one of his favorite flowers, are orchids. They are usually a mix of pink and purple, which makes magenta.

#7 I can go a bit Yandere sometimes. That means killing others that flirt with your one and only. I'll try my best to not do that around you.

I don't know about that...

"It was you?!" I asked, still in shock.

He nodded. "I want to say no, but it is me." He seemed embarrassed. His cheeks and ears were really red.

I gave him a smile. "Can I ask you a question? Or well more than one?"

"Sure..." he responded quietly.

"Did you know the feeling was mutual?" I smirked.

His head whipped back up. "Really?"

I nodded with a smile. 

He came closer to me and put his hand around my shoulder. Then he handed the paper in his hand to me.

Everlasting.

Our

Love

Together

One

More

Day

That's what it read. I felt my cheeks getting warmer. He giggled a bit. We shared a smile.

"You see. There was another clue. The first letter of each note was the first 3 letters in each of my name. My first, middle, and supposed to be last. Elliot Schmitt Bellarose."

"Oh. It makes sense," I said with a small smile and giggle.

"So...what does that make us?" he asked.

"Hm...probably after a couple of dates, boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Good idea. Let's start after school," he suggested.

I let out a small giggle. "Okay. Great idea."

I collected my stuff, then we walked side by side to his locker.

Daisy POV

I was squealing in my insides. Like a crazy fangirl. Or after I read fluffy fanfictions. But still I was like crazy fangirl.

Lia, her brown haired friend, and I were watching Milly because we heard her exclaim something. It was fun. We were squealing.

After they disappeared, we giggled. We were all smiling like crazy. 

When we finished giggling and calmed down, I said, "Let's go and get our stuff. Today's a busy day ahead of the 4 of us, including Milly!"

The other girls nodded in agreement. We then went our separate ways. 

I put on my confidence. I had to become a candidate. But if I didn't I would hopefully still be part of the student council if Drew won.  I felt bad that I couldn't help Lia if she needed someone, but I promised Drew. And a promise is a promise. After me being nervous and shaky for the whole morning, I was now confident, determined, and ready. 

Milly assured me that I was doing good. I partially believed her. I would do my best! And everyone says trying is the most important part. I practiced my speech for almost the whole day I had free time yesterday. I was ready, and I felt my eyebrows furrow indicating I was ready. 

I can do this.

Yes.

Luckily, we, the candidates, would present our speeches later in the afternoon. So I had to make sure I didn't forget my speech, but also not forget anything the teacher says in class. I took a big inhale and exhale before I shut my locker. 

Let's do this.

<~-~>

It was one period before the speeches. Lunch. 

Milly, Lia, Grace, I learned, and I were sitting at a table. Grace shooed the table as if there was some dark aura or some witchcraft. I soon realized that it was a subtle sign that no one else was included in our chat. 

That was lowkey smart. Grace was cooler than me and Milly thought.

Lia and I took turns practicing our speeches, eating while the other recites. Milly and Grace gave us motivation, advice, and criticism. I could say this was valuable lunch. 

I saw Drew around the other side of the lunchroom. He was also practicing but wasn't sitting with Jake, Henry, and Liam. He was sitting with Sadie, and I noticed Sadie's eyebrows were furrowing. It seemed lots of words were coming out of her mouth. Drew pushed his hair back looking stressed, yet attractive. No really.

Paying attention to Lia again, she seemed to appeal. Her speech was pretty good. My nervousness was coming back but I quickly blocked it. I had to do this right. 

We had like 3 minutes of lunch left. No use to recite anymore unlike Drew on the opposite side of the room who was panicking but confidently reciting.

I decided to start conversation with Milly.

"So....how's your admirer?" I asked with a smirk.

Her cheeks went hot pink and she looked down. She mumbled something.

Lia and Grace got the hint. Lia asked, "What was that?" , in a teasing way.

"Wipe that smirk off your face."

Grace and I burst into giggles.

"Milly, it's okay. How's you and Elliot? What are you guys now?"

Her cheeks' colors almost normalized. Her ears went a lighter pink. "We're both good. We're happy that the feeling was mutual. We decided to try a few dates before actually dating."

We all nodded. "That's pretty smart and healthy. I bet it'll give you guys a healthy relationship," Lia pointed out, pointing her fork towards Milly. I had to agree. 

<~-~>
Lia, Drew, and I were sitting at the front of the room. We were giving speeches. This would be shorter than the actual one because it was just for president candidates. They would pick 2 out of the 3 of us. It would be scary but fun. It was like this because usually lots of people run. But this year, not a lot did. 

I went first. 

"Hello students of Alabama High. I am Daisy Diealready. I am up here because I decided to run for president. I have plenty of reasons on why you, my fellow classmates, should vote for me..."

Lia POV

Daisy presented her president speech first. I heard it a couple of times, but this time, she had confidence you couldn't measure. Her charm could definitely swoon at least one boy off his feet. 

Her reasons were also good.

How she was a therapist for many people, which meant she could help lots of other students.

How she was a top student, in which she could use her intelligence to help out.

How she stands by teamwork and would never make decision just by herself.

Plus more. They were really good.

After that, we all clapped. Lucky for her, we went into a standing ovation.

I got a bit worried. Maybe I couldn't to this. But trying was the best thing I could do. After all, you'll never get anywhere unless you try. Your best shows up when you try. So I'll try my absolute best.

Drew was up next. His speech was a bit long but it was full of talent. It was amazing, hands down. 

(A/N I can't write speeches so just imagine. I'm sorry)

He had a bit louder clapping than Daisy which made me feel bad for her.

Then it was my turn. I clutched the papers, trying my best not to crumple them together. I luckily didn't.

I recited my speech with the most confidence I had before. I did my best. Lots of people clapped after I was done. I was a bit satisfied.

The principal lady, Mrs. Autumn, told us to go to our classes then come back at the last  period. 

We headed out and I felt a bit jittery now. I cooled myself down with a drink from the water fountain. I took a few deep breaths and was calm enough. Then instead of paying attention to people looking at me, I decided to just do class. It was the best to do anyway. I didn't want to be pressured anymore today. 

<~-~>

It was the last period. All of us juniors headed back to the auditorium. The principal was already at the podium ready to read the things. 

After we all got seated, she started. "Before I read the counted results by Secretary Mary, I would like to take notice of the candidates who ran for president. You all did an amazing job showcasing your positive traits, and I would like to give you a round of applause because it took courage to run and say a speech like that."

(A/N If you remember Mary, you're awesome.)

There was a pause break where everybody was supposed to clap.

"I also noticed you had a person to help you. And I would like to give them an applause as well as it must've been a hard job not only being a friend, but a secretary and critic. So if these people may stand up, Millicient from the Music Club, Sadie from the Poem Club, and Grace Hardbe. Thank you for helping our candidates, Drew, Lia, And Daisy. Let's give them a round of applause."

I turned around clapping for my friends. They blushed a bit, then sat back down.

"And now, I will announce the first person who will be able to continue to run for president. This person had an excellent speech and had words of doubt, but quickly followed it with relief. This person had the most votes. And that person is..."

.

.

.

"Drew! Congratulations! Please come up and stand by me."

Drew stood up from his seat and shook Principal Autumn's hand. He smiled. I saw he was trying to do his best to not take a peek at the results. If he did see them, he did an amazing job of keeping it hidden. 

Daisy POV

Principal Autumn announced one candidate. My stomach was spinning. My head was pounding. I felt something wet trickle down my forehead. I wanted this, yet I didn't want to hold Lia back.

"And now to announce the second candidate. This person showed they could be a great friend, yet a stern leader. Both important qualities to have. This person only had a handful more votes than the one who placed last. This person is..."

.

.

.

I crossed my fingers.

.

.

.

.

.

<~-~>
"Lia, please come stand by me. Congratulations! You are the second candidate."

Lia was in shock. I was in relief, yet sadness. We hugged, and she walked up to the front. 

"Great job Daisy! Keep moving forward!" the principal acknowledged. 

I smiled. 

<~-~>

At the end of the day, Milly, Grace, Lia, and I celebrated at a cherry blossom park. 

"Congrats Lia!" I said with a big smile.

She had a small sorrow in her eyes. "Thank you Daisy. You did amazing though!"

We shared a smile knowing that everything would be fine. We did a cheers with our takeout milkshake drinks.

"Anyone have a surprise so I can be out of the 'letter' talk?" Milly offered.

I raised my hand. "I'm Drew's VP."

They all looked a bit shocked. "That's awesome Daisy!"

Milly POV

I'm really happy.

Today was a great day!

Lia was a candidate.

Daisy was Drew's new Vice President.

Grace was my new friend!

And Elliot and I were close to official.

Lia POV

I felt my gut fall in my stomach. I wanted to ask Daisy to be my vice president if she wasn't a candidate. That's why I waited. 

Why must I always wait for something?

That wasn't fun. I took a long sip from my milkshake to cover my doubt.

I let out a sigh. I went on my phone while my friends were talking.

> You:

> Hey Jackson! Im a candidate for president!!! :D

He responded really fast. 

> Jackson ^.^:

> that's amazing! I bet your speech rocked! Good luck! Hope you win! :D

> Be the best for us~

My ears grew lowkey warmer but that might've been the sun.

> You:

> TY! Wanna meet later?

> Jackson ^.^: 

> Sure! Cant wait!

I smiled. Then I joined my friends' conversation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 276 13
Synopsis: Luke was not spending time with his boyfriend even though it was the week of their relationship anniversary. Instead, he was spending time...
14.2K 174 26
The Music Freaks is owned by Rosyclozy, including all of the characters from it. Originally, This was a theory on episode 11, however I have made thi...
2.5K 45 15
After their freshman year of college, Jake and Hailey's romance deteriorated. Five years later, Hailey's become a renowned musician with a worldwide...
2.8K 120 7
Yay! This is about Drew now! Another short fanfic made by yours truly- even though i have other things to do... :3 Synopsis: Drew did not like Christ...