Free Me From My Chains (Class...

By Celestial_Keeper

Nightmare's kingdom had always been at war with Dream's. His kingdom was engulfed in terror, filled to the br... More

Departure
On The Run
A Cruel Reality
Reunited
The Little Flower
Awakening
Extra!!
The Greatest Gift
Confessions
Troubles Ahead
Truths Revealed
The Calm Before The Storm
Troubling Invitations
~ Question For You All ~
An Undying Love
Memories of The Departed (Alternate Ending)

Gift Of The Fading

461 19 13
By Celestial_Keeper

Classic stirred slightly as he listened to chains rattling with each movement. He wasn't sure where he was, only that he had been with Dream before. He felt his heart sink remembering the tea. The drugs. Tears gathered in his eyes as he leaned against the cell wall. Dream had seemed so gentle and kind, but had deceived him. He was no different from the world that betrayed the trust of his people. His body shook lightly as a shiver trailed his body. He was still in his attire, but being locked in a cell in thin fabric left a bit of a breeze. It left a desire for warmth. He missed Nightmare's warmth. The arms that protected him from the world and held him close.

He had been so drawn into his own mind he hadn't heard the shuffling across from him. Tired and annoyed eyes fell onto Classic before the figure crawled to the bars and tried to reach out. Their voice was weak, but Classic knew it well

"Oh my god, Classic? Are you hurt?" Error's voice was laced in worry as he struggled against his own binds. Classic glanced at him before shaking his head, tears trailing his skull. He wanted to be by Nightmare. To be in the castle where he was safe.

"Error, ease up. Don't stress Classic more than he already is." Horror's voice reached Classic as he scanned for him. His gaze fell on the cell beside Error's. A partial smile visible from the little light leaking from the outside. 

"Where are we exactly?" Classic's voice cracked slightly as fear was apparent in his tone. 

"Probably still in Dream's castle. Listen Classic, we won't be in here too long, okay? Nightmare has to know we're gone." Classic nodded before he sunk into his knees. He shook from the cold, but ignored his bodies protests. Everything had gone wrong without warning. No matter how long it had been since the fall of his Kingdom, Classic knew that society never changed. They always turned their back on the kind. The world was dyed with jealousy and selfishness. If only the world could see the harm instead of the possible gains.

It had felt like mere minutes before the sound of the main door opened. The loud squealing as the metal scrapped off the floor. The sound had stirred Classic from the short rest, his gaze rising to a figure approaching the cells. Once they were close enough, Classic felt himself tense up in fear. Dream hovered by Classic's cell, Ink behind him. They both met his gaze, a slight smile appearing on dream while Ink seemed slightly sad.

"Why good morning Classic, how are you feeling today?" Classic lowered his head before looking away. He refused to speak to Dream. 

"Classic, understand we did this for the better good. Dream's brother must fall before he brings both kingdoms crashing down. We're trying to simply save one instead of losing both." Irritation had rolled over Classic at Ink's words. He scowled before meeting Ink's gaze.

"I don't personally care what you are doing and why. I love Nightmare, so my loyalty will always remain with him. No matter what you say. What you do. I will remain by his side until death. My future belongs to him and nothing can alter that." Dream gave a wicked smile before grabbing the bars lightly. He chuckled low before his voice was laced in confidence.

"We'll see about that. Once we're done with you, you may not even recognize him. Your the key to our victory, we just have to make you see it. See our goal and the future we desire. You'll come around soon." 

"Bite me!" Classic lost the pinpricks in his eyes as he turned away. He could hear the sound of keys clanking. Glancing momentarily, he felt his whole body tense as Dream opened his cell. He could see a needle resting in his left hand, fear hitting Classic hard. "Go away... Don't touch me!" 

"Be still, would you. It'll only hurt if you struggle." Classic's raised voice had drawn Error and Horror's attention, both giving threatening waves. 

"Get away from him! I'll kill you both, I swear to god!" Ink sighed before ignoring them entirely. He entered the cell before reaching for Classic. He shoved him to the floor before searching for Classic's soul. Pulling it into the open, he watched as tears flooded from the small skeleton. The sight sent guilt eating at him. Classic never deserved this, but there was no going back either. 

"Here. Inject it so we can stop scaring him..." Dream frowned before nodding hesitantly.

"Someone's going soft."

"I'm not soft, he just doesn't deserve to be terrified as he is. I don't want to make him suffer is all. He's a good kid." A hand snatched the soul before Dream scoffed slightly.

"He's a tool. We may be the same kind, but his bloodline was created to bring destruction. They can not become normal people. They will remain merely monsters." Before Ink could speak, he was silenced by Dream sliding the needle into the soul. Classic let out a scream as his body jerked under Ink's weight. His pain was apparent and the two in the remaining cells were becoming more aggressive. Ink frowned before trying to ease the skeleton as the drugs kicked in. His pain was soon exchanged with a need for sleep. He groaned slightly as Ink snatched the soul back and placed it back into safety. Trailing a finger lightly over Classic's head, Ink spoke low so only he could hear.

"I'm so sorry... I was a fool and I hope someday you'll forgive me." Error and Horror watched as rage was oozing off them. Classic had grown unconscious rather quickly, cutting out the pain he was feeling. Even so, neither were willing to ever forgive the actions done. All they could do in that moment was watch Ink carry Classic from the cell. He moved slowly up the stairwell, leaving Dream with them. They both glared before he laughed.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm simply walking in my brother's shoes. He would have done the same to me no doubt, just remember that. He is heartless. He can never love, nor have a family of his own. I will see him fall without dirtying my own hands. Good day to you both." Without another word Dream left, the doors closing loudly. Error leaned against the bars. He was frustrated and scared. His duty was to protect Classic and he had failed. He feared what would happen to Classic, but he couldn't do anything. They were both trapped and awaiting whatever was to come. It was pathetic.

Classic opened his eyes to see himself beneath a massive oak. It was familiar to him, though he was having trouble pin pointing the origins. He sighed lightly before watching the clouds roll above. Each cloud created its own image, painting the sky with detail. Classic could hear approaching footsteps, but his body remained relaxed. It was as if he was trusting of the approaching figure.

"Brother? Why are you out here all alone?" Classic felt his head snap toward the figure, his heart leaping. Papyrus stood before him, a gentle expression on his features. He gave a short chuckle before sitting beside him.

"Papyrus, is that really you?" The question drew a brief smile as he nodded. His eyes watched the scenery before him.

"This reminds me of home. The old oak in the back where you would rest by the hour. There were so many good memories, don't you think?" 

"How are you here?" The question drew a saddened look. Papyrus frowned before forcing himself to smile.

"Our blood keeps us connected. There is only one way we meet in this world, you know that. I wish I could have seen you again in person. Given you a hug. Toriel told me the truth about why you left. Seems you still found yourself in trouble, no?" Classic chuckled softly before nodding. Papyrus pulled his brother into a hug, something wet hitting Classic's skull. "I really wish I could see you again. Watch your future build. See you get married. I truly wish you could see me grow up, but it's already too late. It feels like just yesterday you were fleeing the kingdom with me in tow. Thank you for being the brother I needed. You put your needs away just for me, which I owe you greatly. As a goodbye gift, I want to give you my magic and soul. Combine them."

"What happens if we do that? Why are you talking like you're..." Papyrus gave a sad smile. "No... NO! You can't be..."

"I'm sorry brother. I truly am. I wish to remain a part of you before I vanish, so grant me this one request. We were made the same way, not birthed. Combine our souls and finish what our father started. My goal was for peace, but my trust lies in you. I believe you will bring about a new era, one for the better." Tears trailed Classic's skull as his sobs filled the growing silence. 

"I don't want you to leave..." 

"I know brother, but this is my fate. I love you dearly and am glad we were family. You are kind, so don't ever lose that, okay?" Classic nodded before he glanced toward Papyrus. His brother was slowly fading, pain rocketing around Classic's body. Sorrow hit him in full. Papyrus sighed before holding out his soul, Classic controlled his breathing before grabbing it.

"I love you Paps..." Papyrus hugged Classic tighter, his own tears falling.

"I love you too brother. Until we meet again!" Sadness gripped Classic as he felt his brother's form vanish. Even in the dreamscape, Papyrus' dust remained before him. He felt so broken inside. His one true joy in life was gone. Glancing at the soul, he frowned before removing his own. 

"Until we meet again it is. I'll see you someday, I promise Paps!" Carefully Classic merged the souls. His magic swirled around them, easing the pain as the two colors merged together. His once shimmering soul was dyed with spots of orange, a sign of his brother. Placing the soul back inside his frame, he laid on the grass. His body felt weak as he slowly allowed his eyes to close. He and his brother had died, yet he was allowed to live. The world was cruel. Even so, he was almost out of chances. He could feel one of the petals vanish from beside his eye, a burning radiating from the area. One life. That was it. One more death and it would be game over. He smiled at the thought. 

"Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I'd finally meet my people once more and see my brother. Those would be joyous days..."

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter and I apologize for my lack of chapters posted. I honestly got invested in my Xbox and didn't find inspiration nor motivation to write. Even so, I am back! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.2K 31
(First wrote this on Quotev loll) Humans and Monsters. Most people despise monsters, but not you. In fact, you fell in love with one. A king. And a H...
8.5K 424 36
Killer Target. A young lady who was taught to live of her free will and to never listen to rules. Magic flowed everywhere, and she was one of the few...
4.9K 216 36
(UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY) NIGHTMARE is a sadistic bastard, that's just a fact. His goal is to corrupt Dream's soul and prevent the Doodlesphere from fee...
37.7K 2.6K 86
The idea was originally found in A_Bored_Reader Undertale ideas for stories that hit me like the brick called Reborn! I asked permission to use it. R...