I & Love & You | A Lizkook AU

By hotmessonaloveboat

A diligent, preppy, self-made billionaire meets a carefree, vivacious, freelance photographer in a night fill... More

*Note
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.

10.

4.3K 267 169
By hotmessonaloveboat

"Can I ask you something?" He asked as she got in.

"Of course you can," Lisa pulls the seatbelt and secures herself nicely.

"What exactly did you want me to do? You know...when you threw all those signals to me? Cus I'm still figuring out half of it,"

Aw...he didn't understand! That's why he didn't run!! So adorable!

"I said, I'll throw the can...when he walks over to check, you make a run and call for help. Then I'll jump on him,"

He froze and his eyes got wider. Gone were the earlier warm vibe around them as he now sits with a frown. Why?

"Wait – so you actually planned to jump on him?" Why is he shouting? "Do you know how dangerous that is? He might have a gun and he could shoot you within seconds – you thought you could just jump on him??"

Hang on, why is he so upset?? "He might, yes...but it'll give you the time to run and call for help –"

Really, does he not realize that she was only trying to save his life??

"We could've just stayed hidden – I've already texted my bodyguard for help! Oh God – that's your big plan??"

"Well what did you think I was saying?"

"I thought you asked me to sneak up on him and - and jump on him while he was searching for you –"

Lisa can't help but chuckle. "We both know you're too scared to do that! You were scared of me so I didn't think that you'd be able to jump on a freaking robber! And I can't just sit back and wait – it might be too late! He might hurt the poor boy –"

"But he didn't!! The boy was fine taking out the cash – hell, he's probably so used to it by now!" His big sigh clearly shows how frustrated he is over the incident but Lisa's having none of it.

"What the hell does that mean?"

Sure, it wasn't the best plan ever and sure, the robber might harm her before she could even do anything but again, it'll give the two enough time to run – really, what's so damn hard to understand??

"I mean look at this place!" He held both hands up and slammed his palms on the steering wheel, making her jump in her seat a little. "It's so...dodgy...and quiet – of course there'll be robbers and – and drug addicts –"

"Okay, you're getting on my nerves so you better take it back before I lose it –"

"Take back what?" He laughed. "Why are you so offended – it's true!"

God, this guy was so cute since the first time she met him but now – now he's just a jerk!

Lisa took off the seatbelt and grabbed her bag before opening the car door.

"Hey, what're you –"

"You know what, Jungkook-ssi? I'd prefer to walk on this 'dodgy' street and fight for my life all night than just stay behind and hides, hoping that someone will somehow show up and rescue me cus I can tell you this much – that shit doesn't happen to just about anyone! He's probably waiting for someone to rescue him too – did you think about that? Just cus he's just a cashier and yes, he probably had to deal with that shit everyday – doesn't mean it's okay for me to just let it happen! You might value your life more than others and hey, who am I to judge right? But a life is a life, regardless of how fucking fancy your car is or if your bodyguard takes the bullet for you – does his life worth less than yours then? You know, people like you make me sick!" She slams the door behind her and began stomping along the pavements. 

God, tonight have got to be one of the most unbelievable – who the hell does he think he is?? First he shouts at me for trying to save his life, then he has the nerve to insult that boy and the place he works at? Hah – just because he's so cute, he thinks he can get away with saying anything he wants? Ugh, that bunny smile...and – and his kitty-doe-eyes – he thinks he's better than everyone??

"Lisa-ssi," She heard his voice calling from inside the car, following her along the side of the street.

"Leave me alone," Lisa groaned loudly, refusing to face the ignorant jerk.

"Please...I – I'm sorry. Please get in,"

Does he think she won't make it home alive by just walking? That apology needs to be more convincing –

The car stopped and he got out, chasing behind her. "I'm sorry! Please...I'm really sorry for saying all those things back there. I was just...I was in a shock. And I was worried. Your plan – as thoughtful as they were – was quite dangerous for you. You could've been hurt – that's all I meant. I didn't..."

She stops walking and turns to the huffing guy. His nervous state is back and she had to force the threatening smile from showing.

"I didn't mean it that way...of course my life is no better than anyone's – I just...the thought of you getting hurt while trying to make sure I got out of it safely is just...it's just ridiculous! No one should risk their lives for me –"

"But your bodyguard should?"

"I mean...I pay him to do it and he's good at it so I trust that he'll be fine,"

Lisa gapes at him.

"He was an ex-army! He has license for his weapons and he knows damn well on how to use it – that's all I'm saying, I swear!!" He held his hands up and backs away a few steps, as if he's scared that she might jump at him next!

Stop being so fucking cute, it's not fair!!

"Please...I'm really sorry. I know it came out wrongly and I'm really thankful for your thoughts – I honestly do! It was just...I should've been more sensitive so I'm sorry,"

He dipped his head a little and a hand went to the back of his hair, ruffling them a little. 

...

Jungkook takes a few deep breaths to calm his nerves before stepping back into the car. It became apparent to him that the night has proven itself to be more challenging than anything he had ever encountered, and there was a brief moment when he questioned if he should keep going.

He could just drive away. Go back to the comfort of his routine – to where he has everything under control. But of course, he wouldn't. Just admit it!

It was partly his fault for being in this situation anyways. She's so beautiful and distracting, and he's just so weak. He made that decision to follow her around and ended up wanting to send her back, just so he'd have more time to spend with her. It wasn't her fault for needing to buy ramyeon and kimchi in the middle of nowhere – no...it's Bambam's fault.

If only he had provided a good, solid dinner – then Lisa wouldn't be left hungry. They wouldn't end up here and they wouldn't have to deal with such life-or-death matter. She won't have to worry and think about saving Jungkook, and Jungkook wouldn't have to be a jerk over it.

But she's right – that boy would probably have to be scared alone, hoping for someone to come to his rescue. If it wasn't because of meeting Lisa, Jungkook probably won't even pay attention to tomorrow's small section in the news about a robbery at a local, out-of-nowhere convenient store. No...he'll probably jump straight into the business section, as he always has.

The thing that caught him off-guard was the fact that she had asked him to run. He thought she asked him to jump on the guy and it would make sense why she'd ask him to do it. He hadn't thought at all if it was her who planned on doing it. And just as she said it, his manly ego felt beaten and bruised.

Did he really seem that weak for her to decide on taking things into her own hands? Does he not seem like a guy who could jump on a freaking robber's back?? Look at her – she's so tiny! How could she think she's much more capable than himself?!

Nevermind that...for now. The most important thing is that she's safely back in his car. His apologies had been left unattended, sure, but he can't dwell on it. It must be her way of saying that he's forgiven so that's all that matters.

Jungkook replied a quick update to his bodyguard - telling the guy that all is good and police are on their way - before handing it over with a smile on his face. "Your address,"

She smiles back, and he felt his heart melt a little.

...

"So how come your bodyguard's not with you at the wedding? Or he was?" She asked while taking out the Air Baked chips from the plastic bag.

"I gave him a day off. I don't need him to be around me all the time and a wedding is hardly a place where I'll need protection,"

"Bet you didn't think you'd stop by someplace else tonight -" She smiles and pops one snack in her mouth. 

His jawline tensed again as he smirked. "Nope...I didn't expect a lot of things this evening," He glanced briefly at her.

Oh God, stop! Stop looking like a freaking Happy Meal!

Lisa forced her eyes to fall back on the road ahead. Her munching also got faster...trying to somehow avoid thinking about that hot-looking face and the meaning behind his simple remark. 

No...he can't possibly be talking about her. Yes, it was a coincidence that he left around the same time as her but he was just being a normal, decent human being who was worried upon seeing a woman walking alone at night. She just hopes that he'll still be that decent when he drops her off later without asking for anything in return. 

There's a call on his phone and he quickly rejects it once the name is displayed on the touch-screen radio. Lisa thought it was weird but ignores it - offering the bag of chips to Jungkook. He hesitated, but took one anyways. 

"So uh...how long have you been in Seoul, Lisa-ssi?"

"About 4 years now...but I travel around almost half of the time,"

"Oh...like...the world?" His hand reaches out and Lisa smiled to herself as she hands the chips. It just seems so casual - as if they're good friends who's been sharing food all their lives.

"I wish! But no...just here in Korea," She chuckled. 

"So when you travel...do you bring your cats?"

"I put them in a hotel. I hated it but I can't bring them along. I spend most times outside so they'll be left in their cages all the time. But it's so expensive - I feel like I spend more money on paying for their hotel than on myself,"

He laughed along with her. "How many do you have?"

"Just 4 -"

Jungkook coughed a little so she took a water bottle and opened it before handing it to him. 

"4...wow...that's like...a lot,"

"I'm thinking of getting another one cus Lily's the only girl in the bunch and she gets annoyed with the boys all the time...especially fat Louie,"

"Fat...Louie? You named your cat Fat Louie?" He snorted.

"His name is Louie but he's fat. He likes to bother his noona a lot,"

"So is Lily your favourite?" He probably didn't realize how Lisa had placed the bag of chips on his lap as he kept reaching into it and popping it into his mouth. 

Damn...well at least she knows she's not the only one who are still hungry!

"Well...they're all my favourite. But Leo always have a special place in my heart," She hugs her chest, already imagining cuddling with the little fluffy feline at home.

A call came in again and he rejects it - again. "Ahh...Leo sounds cute -"

"The cutest! He's so playful and clingy, makes me feel like I'm needed,"

"Do you live alone?"

"Yeah," She probably shouldn't let him know that. She just met the guy and knew almost nothing about him other than he's friends with Bambam and he has a bodyguard. What if he turns out to be an international human trafficker and choose to kidnap her to sell to his other international human trafficker friends? 

Jeez, she has to tick off Taken in her top ten favourite movies of all time!

"Who's the other one? There's Lily, fat Louie, Leo...you said you have 4?" It's good to know that he paid attention and looked really interested in knowing, despite the fact that he's not a cat person.

"Luca. He's the most handsome and proper...a gentleman. Lily's his daughter by the way,"

"Ahh...you paired him?"

"Yeah. I found this blog with a ragdoll. The owner was looking to breed as well and Luca's just so handsome that I can't let his perfection go to waste -"

Another call came in and Jungkook hissed, rejecting it once again.

"You can answer it, you know,"

"No, no! It's uh...it's nothing important,"

"The person kept calling you so it must be important. You can put your hands-free on if it's private,"

"No - it's not...I uh...I didn't bring my bluetooth," 

O...kay...the nervous bunny is back. I wonder why...

"Look, it might be an emergency. You should answer it. I promise I won't pay any attention to your conversation -"

"It's not. I know it's not -"

The call came in again and before he could reject it, Lisa swiped on the green icon on the screen. He hissed as she suppressed her laughter.

"Guguu...I'm so glad you answered!" A grating female voice appeared and Lisa glanced briefly at Jungkook. His deep frown is apparent, and his eyeballs are shifting quickly between the road, to the display, and to her. "I miss you so much!!"

"Sana, I'm driving -"

"I'm so sorry, Gugu-yaa! I swear I didn't mean anything by it - you have to believe me! I was drunk...it's my friends fault - they made me drink so much! I miss you...don't you miss me?"

She could practically hear him taking a deep breath as she stares out the window. Of course she said she won't pay any attention to their conversation but the voice is too loud and annoyingly filling the small space they're in -

"I'm driving. I can't talk -"

"Come to my house, please! We can talk and...I'm wearing nothing but -"

He cuts the call and silence took over. 

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 0 1
A regular aspiring comic meets other comedians of life and realizes hes already there.
21 1 17
There's a lady named Mary finds out that her creepy stalker who has a massive crush on Mary is going to the same school as her. Her mate Danny has an...
88.7K 5.3K 23
A melancholic trip down memory lane as Jeon Jungkook, a talented and reputable music producer tries to track down his long-time lover - whom he had a...
86K 5.5K 24
A Lizkook AU A light read on the story of Jeon Jeongguk - a 'chaebol' who takes his personal life much less seriously than his responsibilities in re...