Steve Johnson✓

By kanneywordsmith

ᴛʜɪs sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴs MATURE CONTENT 0πly f0r 18+ readers. #underediting " What I am thinking is to go out fo... More

chapter 1°
chapter 2°
chapter 3°
chapter 4°
chapter 5°
chapter 6°
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
epilogue
hey guys

chapter 37

500 33 21
By kanneywordsmith

Steve P.O.V

I didn't want to make her cry but finally I agreed 'cause I do wanted to know how much she loves me.
And now I got full clarity that she loves me more like her father. This is enough for rest of my life.

But honestly she slapped me hard.. for seconds, I am out of my mind and in freeze mode.

Till now no one did a dare to touch me or even they didn't dare to call me with my name... but today Sophia.. my wife slapped me.

That's why I decided to do one thing....

That..

I should hide this matter from everyone.

------- next day morning

I slowly got out of my sleep and slowly opened my eyes.

I looked around where I didn't found Sophia beside of me. I quickly sat upright and observed around clearly.

" Good morning " she bid me. I wiped my eyes and got off from the bed.

" Good morning " I said and rushed into bathroom to get ready for shopping.

After a while I came out and Sophia is already in her casuals.
She is now busy in her phone.

" What on earth you are doing in your phone? " I asked her by wiping out water on my neck.

' Does she again capturing my body in her phone .. oh no! ' I quickly covered my body and turned to her.

" Nothing.. just a small chat with mother-in-law " she said.

" What?.. chat with my mom! " I yelled slowly.

" Yes!.. And she in on video call. Would you like to wear something or you like to remain like this! " she asked me and I quickly worn my clothes.

I know that she just played a joke.

We sooner walked out and stood in the big hall waiting for the rest.

Slowly everyone joined us.

" What Mr. Steve.. Is everything alright! " Mr. James asked me and quickly his wife patted on his head hardly.

" Ooouch!!!! " he yelled and everyone laughed.

" Hey.. I am your husband. You are really being hard now a days " he said.

" Does husband have horns!!.. we both have equal rights. It's my responsibility to keep you in a straight way. Am I right Steve? " she asked me as I shook my head.

" If you don't like me or my behaviour then let's take divorce " she said.

Mr. James is burning with shock and anger.

" Bro.. something is burning, isn't it? " Kevin asked me by pointing Mr. James.

I chuckled and Mr. James caught the level of Kevin's sense of humor.

" I will go for Steve.. and I live with them. What do you say Steve? " she asked me.

" You can count on me.. I will take care of you as my mother " I said. Mrs. James moved to my side, now Mr. James is really burning with silly anger.

Everyone laughed.

" Don't worry Mr. James.. I will take care of you as my dad " Sophia said by moving to his side.

" That's my girl " he said by offering a hi-five.

Sophia joined her hand.

" Then let's see who will win " Kevin said.

We all turned our gaze to him.

" Yes, let's compete on a challenge" he said.

" We are ready " Sophia and Mr. James said.

" We too ready " we yelled.

" But.. what is the challenge? " Natasha asked him.

" Challenge is to buy shopping list of your opposite teams " he said.

" Bro.. your team need to buy things in shopping list given by Mr. James team and Mr. James you need to buy things in shopping list given by Mrs. James team " he explained.

We all thought for a minute and nodded our heads.

Lisa joined in our team and Kevin joined in Sophia's team.

Nat joined with me where as Quill joined with Sophia.

" We need to meet in the food store restaurant facing sea before 12'o clock after completing shopping " Quill said and we all accepted with that.

" It's time to write the list " Lisa said.

And everyone started writing.

We need to buy each and every thing mentioned in the list.

We exchanged the list and parted our ways.

Mrs. James read the things and almost everything is of gents wear 'cause Sophia's group consists of 3 gents and 1 girl.

So, I should shop for them.

They will manage the rest... means Sophia's taste.

But, I am lucky that they had chosen simple clothes compared to Sophia.

Sophia never leave anything easy for anyone.

I have chosen my way and the rest are dealing with the situation.

I am doing my shopping peacefully.

------- after 45minutes...

" I am done and tired too " I released a relief sound.

" Where are the rest? " I muttered to myself by rising up from the seat.

I turned back in my way to find them.

Quickly dialed Natasha but she doesn't answered. I again called Lisa.

She answered.

" Hello.. " I took the lead.

" Mr. Steve.. we are on the way " she said and I seized the call.

I think Sophia didn't finished her shopping.

I can guess it because Lisa mentioned a rare peace of dress.

" Steve.. " Someone yelled.

I turned back and observed Mrs. James, Lisa and Natasha walking towards me.

I checked the time.

It's 11:30a.m.

We completed it quickly.

" We completed it first.. let's go " I said and they nodded her heads.

Sooner we reached the food store restaurant facing the sea.

We all walked in where receptionist handed us a card.

" Table number '17' sir " he said.

I gazed at the rest in my group.

" I think they already reserved a table before " Natasha said.

Only Mr. James can have an idea to book a table. 'Cause Kevin never been so responsible since he married and may he became responsible.

But something is fishy.

I slowly walked front holding the card.

" Hi bro.. " I heard a familiar voice and lifted my head and found Sophia along with her group having juice.

I dropped the bags in the chair and took my seat infront of Sophia aside of Kevin.

" You won because of Sophia.. I know.. I won't accept defeat " Mrs. James said by taking her seat.

All settled in their seats accepting defeat even though they are arguing about it.

" We won the challenge. You should agree with that.. no matter how it is. " Mr. James said.

I took a sip of my juice.

" Sophia wrote about a rare piece and we strained in searching for that... at last we found it. " Lisa yelled by pointing Sophia in tired mood.

Sophia handed her a glass of water.

" You need this Lisa.. or you may lose yourself " Sophia said quietly.

Lisa gazed at her and drank the glass full water.

Everyone laughed.

" May the best man wins and we won.. you guys should accept that" Sophia said.

" Don't get disappointed.. we didn't force you to pay the bill for this feast... please have your lunch" Mr. James said by joining a hand with Sophia.

We are speechless.

So we kept quiet.

" Everyday we are having formal lunch- " Kevin continuing with disappointment.

" What else you want!.. Do you want your lunch in bathroom or with Queen Elizabeth! " Lisa played a funny talk on Kevin.

Everyone chuckled.

" No-No-No.. I mean something else " Kevin is trying to complete his intention.

" Then.. Do you want lunch with sharks! " Lisa did it again.

We are pretending not to laugh louder.

She is roasting him.

Kevin hoisted white flag and Lisa calmed down.

" You continue Kevin " Mrs. James said by having juice.

" Let's play a game " he said.

" Shush.. this guy is really.... " Lisa yelled the first words and mumbled the last which we are unable to hear properly.

Kevin shockingly raised from his seat and leaned towards her face.

" Really.. " he seeks to continue.

" You won't deserve a full sentence Kevin. Please continue sharpening your childish mind. " she said.

" ... What am I saying!!! " he thought by leaning back to his seat.

Everyone gazed at him.

He continued.

" Pick a slip from this box one by one and read out the thing written in it... if anyone did the thing written in the slip.. then have a sip of cloudland drink infront of you.. if you never did that thing then stay quiet.. Are you guys ready? " he asked us with a doubtful look after explaining everything.

" That means you already wrote something in this slips.. so you are prepared for this " Lisa asked him and he gazed at her shockingly.

" Madam Lisa.. I just tried and are you guys ready for this or not! " he asked us about the final opinion.

Sophia nodded her head in order to say yes.

Everyone nodded their heads in same manner along with me.

" Then let's start with.... Mr. James.. " he said and I turned my head to him.

He cleared his throat and picked up a slip.

He slowly opened the slip and looked at us.

" Never had a crush on anyone before marriage " he read out the most words which paves a way for clashes between couples.

Uff!...

I observed everyone where Mr. James sat quiet and quickly Sophia along with Mrs. James and Kevin took a sip of cloudland.

" James you too loved someone before our marriage! " Mrs. James stared at him seriously and in doubtful manner.

Mr. James gazed at us and chuckled.

" She is my friend's friend.. At that time I had my heart at her " he said by escaping from Mrs. James look.

" But why didn't you told me about this before!! " Mrs. James asked him by holding a fork in her hand.

" I thought that it wasn't necessary" he lowered his voice by taking the fork from her hand.

Everyone is pretending not to laugh.

" Lisa.. you also had a crush! " Kevin asked her.

Sophia chuckled and sat quiet.

Lisa slowly turned her head to him.

" Yah!.. He is my college lecturer.. such a handsome, charming and cute looking but.. " she thought for a while.

" But.. " Kevin asked her with serious and disappointed look.

" But.. he is already married. So I dropped " she said.

Kevin released a relief sound.

" Then what about you two? " Lisa asked Nat and Quill.

" We aren't a married couple and we both are in love with each other.. so it's clear " Quill said and all of them turned their look to me and Sophia.

" Why are you quiet?.. Aren't you angry on him! " Lisa asked her.

She gazed at me.

" Why should I?.. no one can control heart from falling in love.. It's a wonderful feeling and who else hate that.. Also Steve told me everything before... What happened in past is just happened that's all.. But now they are changed and stood for us. So there isn't any use of getting angry on them" She replied and for a second I stood in shock 'cause I don't know that she completely understood me.

And she didn't over reacted.

" You are right dear " Mrs. James said.

" You said it right even though you are not aged much like us.. you have a great heart and I loved it " Mr. James said.

" Stay like this.. you both can deal with any hard clashes if you understand each other " Mrs. James said.

Sophia turned to me and smiled.

If I stop the time here then..

I won't think a second to erase that smile with a kiss.

Now it's Mrs. James turn.

She picked up a slip.

" Had a great secret of others " she read out.

Sophia took a sip of cloudland and everyone gazed at her.

" You had a secret of others.. really! " Nat asked her.

She wiped her mouth and nodded her head.

" What is that? " Mr. James asked her.

Sophia gazed at him and turned her look to Lisa.

Lisa gazed at her and widened her eyes in shock.

Everyone is observing them.

Kevin arose up from his seat and moved on to the table towards them and went in between their looks.

" Is that about Lisa? " he asked Sophia and now he is lying on the table.

They turned their look to Kevin.

I chuckled and yanked him back.

" You can hear them from here " I said.

He gazed from me to Sophia.

Sophia laughed at him and turned her look to Lisa again.

Suddenly Lisa started laughing too.

We stared at them doubtfully.

" It's about grandma " Sophia said.

We stood in shock.

" Whose grandma? " Kevin asked her.

" Your grandma " Lisa said.

What's about grandma!.

" What?.. Oh my god!. Bro really... Do you believe this!. Granny is having a secret!!. God! I never thought that she really have a crush on me " Kevin said.

" Who told you that your granny is having a crush on you? " Lis asked him my question.

" I can guess it and you guys are going to say that.. aren't you?? " he asked them by folding hands on his chest.

" She is whishing to have a blind date" Sophia said.

" A blind date! " Kevin yelled and I stood in shock.

" With whom? " Kevin asked her.

" That's another secret and secrets shouldn't be revealed anymore " She said.

Everyone laughed and I laughed in myself.

" I wish that he couldn't be Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans " Kevin muttered.

Everyone laughed and it's Quill turn.

He picked up a slip.

" Pretended to like someone " he read out.

Only Nat and Quill took a sip of cloudland.

I know what Quill going to say.

But I am unable to guess what Nat is going to explain!

" You guys pretended to like someone!" Mrs. James asked them.

They stared at each other and nodded their heads.

" Yah! Mr. James asked me to know the details of Mr. Steve's next projects.. so, I pretended that I like Quill. But honestly I fell in love with him truly " Nat said and they turned their heads to Quill.

" I did the same with Nat 'cause Mr. Steve asked me to gather information about Mrs. James next project.. But me too fallen for her truly " he said.

Me and James gazed at each other and laughed.

" Business man minds are always alike but in our lives.. business is business and family is family.. " he said and we both exchanged a shake hand.

Now it's Nat turn.

She picked a slip.

" Had a great plan for future " she read out.

Me, Kevin and Quill took a sip of cloudloud.

It's amazing. I liked this drink.

" What's your plan for future? " Nat asked Quill.

" To have rest in Maldives for rest of my life " He said by imagining.

Nat patted him on his head.

" Is it a future plan! " she asked him.

" Of course.. my future plan, my wish " he said by continuing the imagination.

" What's yours? " Lisa asked Kevin.

" Ah!! To stay with my brother in every situation and to hold a family burden " he said and I turned my head to him.

" I won't leave you even you beg for a leave from me.. my brother " I said by patting on his shoulder.

" I know bro.. you can't do anything without my help. That's why I want to stay with you " he said.

I laughed.

" You know.. Kevin started accepting his drawbacks and also started daydreaming " Lisa said.

Everyone laughed.

" Lisaa.. " he yelled.

" Don't bother about her words.. I know that you only leading our company in no.1 position " I said.

Everyone laughed.

" Broo... " he yelled.

" Hey.. I am serious " I said and he came out from disappointment.

I chuckled.

" Then.. what about yours?.. Steve!" Mrs. James asked me.

" Not a big plan.. just to spend my life with my family having a cute daughter. And lead my life peacefully with no tensions, no worries, and no restrictions... Simply, just as like Robert uncle. " I said.

Everyone smiled.

Sophia stared at me and I observed that.

" Don't worry my boy.. you will soon be blessed with a child " Mr. James blessed me.

" You guys will have a cute daughter " Mrs. James said.

Everyone smiled along with Sophia.

It's Lisa's turn.

She picked up a slip.

" Ready to change a mistake done in past" she read out.

Mr. James and Lisa took a sip of cloudland.

" What you like to change Mr. James?" Nat asked him.

We turned our head to him.

I observed a sad look in Mrs. James.

" Actually.. I am the reason for my child death.. " he said and we stood in shock.

A tear escaped from Mrs. James eye.

" At that time.. she called me and informed that our child needs an emergency treatment. 'Cause he is suffering with a brain disorder. I quickly left for them but I am unable to reach them quickly and she didn't know how to drive. Also our house is away from hospitals and public... I called a specialist and he reached there but my child died. Before.. doctor asked me to take him to the specialist in the city but I neglected it because of heavy work as my company is going on an uneven crust.. It-It's my fault " he said by crying.

" When I went home.. she sat near the wall and stared at him continuously without blinking eyes.. I lost him and also my wife. It was so hard to get her back... I can't forget that. Now... if I have a chance I will definitely change it. It's all my fault. I am the reason for the lost life.. " he said.

I quickly reached his side and calmed him down.

" It's better to live by realising that they are no more than to blame our self for lost life. We should overcome the pain and happiness to lead our lives. " I said by rubbing his shoulders.

" ..It's not your fault James... Don't blame yourself. Please " her wife calmed him down and they both wiped their tears.

" What about you Lisa? " Mrs. James asked her to divert Mr. James.

" ... I never spent my time with my dad... He left the world when I was a child. Robert uncle took care of me like my own father. He cared for me like his own daughter also gave more importance for me than Sophia... If I have a chance I will not let him to leave us. " she said and a tear escaped from Sophia's eyes.

Lisa is pretending not to cry.

Of course I know the relationship between Robert uncle and Lisa.

I observed many photographs of Sophia and Lisa along with Robert uncle in his room.

" God always be tough at happy people " Mr. James said and everyone sat quiet for seconds.

" Now it's my turn.. " Sophia yelled a little bit slow by wiping her tears.

She picked up a slip.

And stood by staring at the slip.

She then turned her head to Kevin.

" Had a worst experience with a stranger " she said and Kevin quickly changed his face.

I laughed and everyone is laughing at them.

" It's not what you think Mrs. Bro " he said and everyone laughing at him.

" Mrs. Bro! " Lisa yelled.

" It's better to call her as Mrs. Bro instead of sister-in-law " he said.

And Sophia turned her head to us with a smile.

I observed around and no one drank the cloudland means no one had a worst experience with any stranger.

It's Kevin turn.

He picked up a slip.

" Fooled when trying to fool others" he read out.

" Ha-ha.. I fooled you many times. No need of answering that question " Lisa muttered.

No one responded and it's my turn now.

I picked up a slip.

" Stolen something " I read out.

Everyone thought for a while.

Lisa and Nat took a sip of cloudland.

Kevin gazed at Lisa doubtfully and waiting for her to answer.

" What is it? " Kevin asked Lisa.

" ... " she kept quiet for seconds and cleared her throat.

" It's a toy and I theft it when me and my mom went to mall. I think I am 10years old " she replied.

" Ha-ha-ha.. seriously.. you theft a toy!" Kevin roasted her with his words by laughing.

" Hey.. it's in her childhood. Many are like that. We should not blame them because we also did it but forgotten about that. That's it " Mrs. James said and Kevin shuttered his mouth.

" Every one is blocking ways for me crush Lisa like a potato chip. I hate you guys " he mumbled.

" Stop trying to win over women. You can't triumph it " I said.

He gazed at me.

" Great brother " he replied and I chuckled.

We turned our heads to Natasha.

She stared at us for seconds and "Ah!... I theft a pen from my friend. That's my favourite pen which she stolen from me and again I had stolen it from her " she said and everyone chuckled.

We completed the game.

" I am hungry.. let's finish our lunch " Sophia said.

" Yes.. we had wasted our valuable time by playing stupid games from Kevin's list " Lisa said by stabbing the fish with fork.

Kevin observed that and drank the cloudland without dropping any drop and glass.

Sooner we completed our lunch.

And exchanged the clothes which we bought.

I arose up from my seat and walked towards the quail wall.

Never enjoyed this much.

The pleasant sea.

Beautiful climate.

Great and funny people around me.

And more over... my wife. It's a great feeling when I address her as my wife.

The way she understands me and the way her thoughts dig into my heart and brain to feel and think more about her.

I folded my hands and stared at the sea for minutes without thinking anything.

If I start thinking then Sophia will occupy my thoughts completely.

Suddenly a hand on my shoulder disturbed me.

I turned back where Sophia is staring at me with a doubtful look.

" What happened?.. why are you staring at me like that? " I asked her.

She took off her hand and stood aside of me.

" Nothing... I thought that you are calculating the length of sea.. Am I right! " she said and I chuckled by yanking her into my arms.

" Yeah!.. But you disturbed me princess " I said.

" Mmm.. beautiful couple in beautiful climate " Mr. James muttered loudly by joining us.

Slowly everyone joined us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 50K 52
1St in #possesive 1ST in #abuse 1ST in #arrangedmarriage 1ST in #hatelove 1ST in #rich 1ST in #tortured The next thing she knew was that she was sl...
168K 12.2K 74
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...
777 24 27
Aila Seymour, my life and my death. Touching her gives me life but she stares at me with her eyes brimming with tears. Her look of innocence will be...
394K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...