Twisted Fate ( Rivamika Lemon...

By FefiprAnon

Eventual lemon, smut, angst,and a lot of fluff Eren and Levi share a secret about Mikasa's past. Mikasa confe... More

Beginnings
Off on the wrong Boot
Unraveling
kick-off
Shit
Bonds
Pact With The Devil
Consequences
Truths
All for One
Broken
Selfless
More stories

Unexpected

4.8K 135 560
By FefiprAnon

Levi P.O.V.

"Today we are going to practice Hand-to-Hand combat. We haven't done this in a while since is useless against Titans, but, now that we have the possibility of shifters hiding around us, we need to prepare. I know you have practiced this before so I will just pair you based on your abilities."

I started naming the pairs and realized that Armin Arlert wasn't around, "Yeager! Where is Arlert?!"

"He is with Erwin, he called him to his office to review the plan for our next expedition."

"Alright then, that changes the pairing, Blouse pair with Springer, Yeager go with Kristein, and I will pair with Ackerman."

At my last pairing announcement, I noticed that Yeager's posture stiffen.

"Do you have a problem with the pairings cadet?", I asked him.

"I can pair with Mikasa, we've been fighting together for a long time. I know how to fight against her.", he argued.

"As I said, I am pairing based on abilities, what makes you think you could fight against her when, even in your Titan form, she would totally kick your ass? She needs someone that can actually challenge her, not someone who will hold her back. Last time I checked, the only one who can kick her ass is me."

Clearly annoyed but out of arguments he went back into position.

I continued explaining, "First, I want to see you fight, then I will go against Ackerman. Start!"

As they started fighting I noticed that Connie Springer was clearly overpowering, Sasha Blouse. To make it a fairer fight I said, "Blouse! I heard that Springer was planning on stealing your bread at lunch!". Instantly she barged at him, throwing him on the floor while screaming, "Over my dead body!".

Good.

Kristein and Yeager were fairly balanced but to make it more interesting I said, "Kristein! I heard you planned on asking his SISTER out today!" Yeager jumped at him, punched him, but Kristein managed to defend himself kicking him on the ribs.

Not bad.

"Ackerman! Let's start!"

We stood in position and she started throwing punches, I was dodging and moving around to test her. She tried a couple of kicks but I dodge them. She was pretty fast, but there was still room for improvement. She threw a kick and I grabbed her leg, she turned to go for an elbow hit to my face and almost got me. In the end, I dropped her to the floor and pinned her down. With my hands holding down each of her wrists with her elbows slightly bent over her head.

Suddenly Sasha yelled, "Mika! Do my move!"

Confused, I slightly softened my grip against her wrists and she was able to move her arms to the sides and straightened them, with my hands still holding her wrists, her movement pulled me closer to her face.

What the fuck is going on?

She then started to get her face close to mine...

Is she going to kiss me!?

Confused at the move I pulled back a little and she took advantage of it. She released a leg, throwing me out of balance and rolling our bodies. She ended up on top of me smirking at my, still confused, face. Then she pulled closer to my ear and whispered "Humanity Strongest? More like Humanity Shortest."

Scheming little bitch.

Eren walked to stand right next to us and said, "So, you were saying Captain?"

Angry, I stared at Mikasa and said, "That was a dirty move Brat!"

She replied, "There is no right or wrong in war, the only important thing is to survive."

Amused I said, "You are so screwed, do you realize you can't use that trick twice with me right?"

"We'll see.", she replied.

"Oh really! Prove it!"

Eren yelled, "What?!"

Her eyes opened in shock and her, 'all-too-sure-I-beat-your-ass' stance changed to an 'oh-shit-I'm-screwed' one, that's more like it.

After I released her I said, "Come on Ackerman! Let's go at it again!"

This will be fast.

She stood up and threw a punch, I grabbed it turned my body while holding her arm making her lose balance as I pinned her to the floor again the same way. I moved my face closer to her until our noses were touching and I said, "Yeager! What do you think? Should she try her shitty little trick again?"

Angered Eren said, "Mikasa don't!", while she just stared at me trying to kill me with her eyes.

"And why is that Yeager!?", I asked.

"Because knowing you, I know you won't back out!", he said.

"Exactly! Not even if you end up kissing me, brat!", I said to her.

Author P.O.V.

Sasha walked to Connie while Levi and Mikasa were fighting.

"Exactly! Not even if you end up kissing me, brat!", Levi said to Mikasa.

"I wonder if he would say the same if it was one of the guys", Sasha whispered to Connie.

"We should make Jean try.", Connie said chuckling.

"You have a couple of hours before meeting back with me to discuss the details of our next expedition after lunch. You are all dismissed!", Levi said.

Eren walked to him and told him, "Do you really had to!?"

Levi turned to leave and as he was walking away responded, "There is no right or wrong in war, the only important thing is to survive."

---------------------

"For the hundredth time, no, I can't read his mind, I can't feel what he feels, I can't see ghosts, and I, for sure, can't teleport, otherwise, I wouldn't be here.", Mikasa said to Hanji.

"Are you sure? There is a reason Ackermans were almost eradicated, apart from their extraordinary abilities there are texts with theories of a bond. You have to give me something!", Hanji said.

"Where are that people that eradicated the clan now? I want to file a complaint, they forgot about Captain Annoying...", Mikasa sighed and continued, "Look, the only thing we share is a common hate for each other."

"Oh!", Hanji exclaimed excited while taking notes, "So have you guys ever been with opposite moods."

"What do you mean?"

"You know like, at the same time he is happy while you are not, different emotions from both of you at the same moment."

"How would I know if he is happy, sad, or anything? He always has this 'oh-I'm-so-high-and-mighty-that-everyone-annoys-me' face."

Hanji sighed frustrated, "Well if you feel anything that could be a clue let me know, I've been trying to test all of these theories for years now."

Annoyed Mikasa replied, "Can I go now?"

"Yes, you may leave."

Mikasa left Hanjis' office/laboratory and started walking through the narrow hall that leaded outside of the building. She walked with her head bowed down lost in thought when suddenly she almost crashed with Levi who was walking towards Hanji's. They stopped before crashing into each other and at the same time tried to move to the same side to let the other pass through. Then, they moved to the same side at the same time again.

"Ackerman! You go right and I go left, go!"

They moved again to the same side.

"Ackerman!"

"Your left is my right and your right is my left sir!", Mikasa responded.

"Then, go to the other right! Just let me pass through!"

Mikasa smirked and said, "Alright" while she grabbed his shoulder, pushed him with all her strength to the side, making him hit the wall while passing through, leaving Levi stuck to the wall with a twitchy eye and fantasizing on all the possible ways he could kill her and get away with it.

---------

"I can't believe we are going on another expedition when we don't even know where Annie is.", Sasha said worriedly.

"So far there had been no sightings reported. We did the announcement, posted the wanted posters, and nothing. It feels like the earth just swallowed her.", Armin said frustrated.

"Do you think she would appear during the next expedition?", Connie asked.

"I doubt it, this expedition is highly classified, only the elite squad, Erwin and Hanji know about it. Also, we have wanted posters in every exit from the walls, and the Garrisons branch has been diligent with extra patrols and increased number of cadets on duty.", Armin said.

"So, the only way she could get out would be transforming inside and jump the walls right?", Jean asked Armin while raising a brow.

"That's correct, I think we will not see her around for a while. She is probably waiting for the extra measures to cool down.", Armin confirmed.

------

They met at the Castle's kitchen and sat on the same table while Levi handed them copies of the expedition details.

"The Garrison Branch notified us about a couple of abnormals that were sighted at the southwest area. They have been in the same area for days and are blocking the way to our outside post. We need to survey the area and get rid of them. This is the map of the route we will take.", he said showing them one of the papers that had the map.

"We will move as one unit but, we have assigned areas for each one of you. Even though we will be traveling close to each other is imperative that we stay within those boundaries. From left to right we will have Kristein, Arlert, Ackerman, me, Yeager, Blouse, and Springer.", he said by pointing to each assigned area in the diagram.

Then, he continued, "In case an emergency occurs, you can only move one area to either left or right for support. We want to avoid being all in the same area if a Titan ambush occurs. The only moment that we could break formation is if I order it. We leave tomorrow morning so I would suggest, you go to bed early."

Having finished with the details, he dismissed them and left.

"What do you think could happen if we get ambushed while being all at the same area", Sasha asked Jean.

"It would be the goriest all you can eat buffet for Titans, that's for sure.", he replied as they left to their rooms.

--------

Knock. Knock.

A sleepy yellow-haired boy opened the door.

"Armin!", Mikasa jumped to hug him, startling him. She gave him a kiss on his cheek before saying, "Happy Birthday!"

"Uh? Is it my birthday today?"

"How can you forget your birthday, here, this is for you. Open it!", Mikasa said showing him a gift-wrapped box with a ribbon on top.

While opening his gift he said, "Oh, you shouldn't have". He stopped talking when he saw the box contents and stared at Mikasa, in shock, he said, "Is this...!?"

"Yes! I know you always loved that book, back when we were kids you showed it to us all the time while talking about your dreams of discovering the world beyond the walls. I know you left it behind when we had to run to safety during the wall breach. So I went to the library and found a copy of it."

Armin's face lit up with a smile and hugged Mikasa as he said, "Thank You! Thank you! Thank You!"

"No need to thanks, is the least I can do, do you have plans after the expedition today?"

"Not really, I've been so busy helping Erwin with the whole ordeal that I even forgot that today was my birthday."

"Well, after the expedition, we can go to the city, I can take you to that library, they had other books with pictures from outside the walls there."

"Really!? Deal! We have to go!", Armin said excitedly.

Mikasa hugged him again and went to her dorm to get ready for the expedition.

-------

The team started their expedition and for a while, there were no titans sightings, which was uncommon due to the information received from the Garrison branch. Suddenly, two abnormals started sprinting towards Eren from behind a rock that worked as a hiding place for them.

The first abnormal grabbed Eren from his horse and started guiding him to its mouth. Mikasa, jumped past Levi to save Eren.

"Ackerman! Don't move from your area, is an order!", Levi shouted at her but she ignored him and kept moving towards Eren.

She cut the Titans hand that had him, and she started to sprint towards him once he was on the floor. While she was running to him the second abnormal grabbed her and started tightening the grip around her breaking her ODM gear. When she was about to get eaten, Captain Levi cut the Titan's hand and grabbed her with a firm hold of his arm around her waist. Then, he placed her on a tree branch and he moved to the tree next to it to cover his area.

"Ackerman! Follow your fucking orders", he yelled at her.

"Eren... Eren was going to die!"

Angry at her he said, "Look at the titan that grabbed him, look at it now!"

She looked at it and saw it lying on the ground, nape cut and already steaming its body out, right next to the dead body of the Titan that grabbed her.

"Sasha was in a better position than you and cut the nape as soon as it grabbed Eren, you put your life and mine in danger acting recklessly and it ended up fucking up your ODM gear! Trust your fucking orders! Cadet! He wasn't going to die he was already saved!"

Lecturing her made his focus on their surroundings less sharp when he noticed what was about to happen it was too late...

An abnormal titan was running towards the tree where Mikasa was standing, it crashed with it, breaking it, sending Mikasa to a free-fall straight into the titan's huge opened mouth.

His senses heightened watching every detail that was happening in slow motion, he watched her try to fire her ODM gear multiple times, her face flooded with fear as her body descended, her eyes locked onto his as she extended her arm to him, and even though he pushed his body to the limits of his speed he couldn't make it in time before the titan...

swallowed...

her...

up...

"Mikasa!", Eren screamed as he watched the scene unfolding in front of his eyes while Sasha, Connie, and Armin, ran to restrain him from approaching the creature.

Levi P.O.V.

Gone. Is she... gone? It swallowed her... swallowed... could it be?"

"Jean I will leave you in charge!... Take the team and retreat now! Is my last order!"

Scared, Jean responded, "What!? You are not coming with us?! Last order?!"

I jumped into the titan's mouth that had swallowed Mikasa while replying, "I am going to gamble!"

Author P.O.V.

"Levi! Stop! Are you crazy! No...", Jean yelled at Levi while he watched him falling down straight into the Titans' mouth.

With his last order in mind, and pushing his feelings aside, he approached the rest of the team and said, "We are retreating! Levi put me in charge! We are leaving now!"

"Let me go! It ate the Captain too, I will kill it!", Eren said while fighting against Sasha, Connie, and Armin's hold.

Jean walked to him and with the back of his sword hit him on the head, knocking him out, "We are leaving now! Is Levis last order and I don't want anyone else dying on my watch! Armin! Guide Eren's horse while riding yours, I'll take Eren with me, we move now! Full Speed. Don't. Look. Back!"

Levi P.O.V.

"Levi! Stop! Are you crazy! Noooo...-", I stopped hearing him when I arrived in the Titans mouth.

Avoiding the teeth of the creature, I made it straight to the sticky and tight tube of the throat. I reached out my hand, stretching it the most I could, deeper into the beast. Without much air left, I found Mikasa's hand and grabbed it. I pulled her up, closer to me as I pulled my blade out to cut out of the creature from the inside. The Titan was regenerating almost as fast as my cuts. I was starting to feel the dizziness it comes before passing out and I thought, I guess this is the end for me...

Suddenly, I felt a spark of energy coming from her body into mine, giving me, what felt like, an inhumane strength, and almost out of air I started cutting faster, deeper, each cut causing more damage than the previous until I saw light creeping into the cut. Almost there. I kept going until the hole was big enough for both of us to fit and I fired my ODM gear to the nearest tree. We flew out from the inside part of the nape, killing the titan at the moment.

We landed on a tree branch, I was holding her body and picked her up bridal style while I rested my back against the tree, and slowly I slide down to sit.

I brought her closer to check her pulse, her heart is beating, then, I pulled my face closer to hers, she is breathing. I sighed in relief, she's alive.

We were both a mess, covered with blood, saliva and wall only know what other nasty titan body fluid was clinging to our bodies, I need a bath.

"Captain...." She said suddenly, making me look at her.

Then, she said,  "...you stink."

And just like that, things went back to normal, the feeling of peace and relief was suddenly changed with the, now too normal, constant desire to strangle the life out of her body.

"We are both covered with the same shit, I will make you do my laundry, brat!"

We need to get out of here before I waste my efforts of saving her by killing her with my own hands.

"Are you coherent enough to ride back?", I asked her.

She nodded, I carried her down the tree with my gear, we called the horses and rode back to the walls.

------

Eren P.O.V.

I opened my eyes, and my head hurt like hell, when I tried to move, I felt my hands restrained. I started to look around to make sense of what was happening. I was at the Infirmary, tied to the bed and Jean was sitting next to my bed. Hanji's voice made me look to the other side of the bed where she was looking at my head.

"You didn't hold back on this one huh!", she said to Jean.

"He had it coming for a while.", he responded.

Then, I remembered he knocked me out, and... Mikasa...

"Mikasa! What happened!?", I shouted.

"She is gone.", Jean said.

"No! The Captain had a plan! That's why he..."

"They are both gone, the Captain just lost the last of his sanity before he jumped in...", Jean replied.

"Did he really...", Hanji asked in disbelief.

"Yes, he jumped while yelling something about gambling, I am telling you, he lost it.", Jean said.

"Are the Garrisons aware of what happened?", Hanji asked.

"No, I just went straight here to restrain him before he could wake up.", he said while I was giving him a death stare.

"I've known Levi for years, if he said he was going to gamble, it means that he had a plan with a high probability of failure. Go to the Garrisons now and tell them that there is a possibility that Levi and Mikasa could be on their way back. I want them to keep watch so they can open the doors as soon as they spot them.", Hanji said.

"Do you really think that they could be alive?", Jean asked her incredulously.

"Just go and do that.", Hanji ordered.

Jean nodded and left.

"Hanji...", I said lost for words.

"Just trust your Captain, that crazy bastard wouldn't have jumped to the mouth of a Titan if he didn't have a plan on his mind. With all the crap he's been through without losing his sanity, it's highly unlikely that he would lose it now. Is a long shot but, all we can do now is to believe in him.", Hanji said.

Her words gave me hope, I never thought of the possibility of a life without her. She was always saving my ass, for me, it was a fact that I was going to die first. But this? Not having her around? I want her in my life, I NEED her in my life... How could I be so stupid to realize this now... I need you here with me.

Jean P.O.V.

"Keep an eye out for riders! There are two that might be on their way back! We need to spot them to open the doors!", I shouted to them. Great, here I am with hopes again about something that is impossible, I hope this crazy scientist is right.

"Two riders incoming!", one of the Garrisons shouted to the cadets in charge of the doors.

"What!", I exclaimed.

Suddenly the doors started opening...

Please be you, please be you, please be you...

The two riders covered in what looked like Titan goo entered the walls. I saw her and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and started running to them.

"Mikasa! Captain! You are alive!"

"Don't sound so surprised Kristein!", Levi replied.

"How!?", I asked lost for words.

"It looks like the Captain taste as he lives, causing indigestion to every living creature.", Mikasa said with a smirk.

"Go take a bath, you stink! I want to see you in my office after!", Levi said to her.

"Mikasa, I think you should go see Eren, he was so worried we had to restrain him so he wouldn't transform. Go, he is in the Infirmary, I will go to Erwin's and tell Armin, he is probably there.", I said as I ran to Erwin's office.

Author P.O.V.

Mikasa arrived at the Infirmary and headed to Eren's bed, he looked at her in shock lost for words.

"Is it you? Is it really you?!"

"No, I'm dead, and I decided to hunt you for the rest of your life because I don't have anything more interesting to do.", she answered mocking him.

"Stop playing around I thought you were dead!", Eren said angrily.

She started to undo his restraints and said, "You are staring, I know I am covered in titan stuff, you don't need to remind me."

"Is just... I thought I would never see you again."

Finishing untying him she said, "There, you are free. And next time you see me I will not be smelling like shit because I am going to take a bath NOW.", she turned to start walking away.

"But Mikasa... I want to talk...", Eren said trying to get her attention but as she kept walking she responded, "Titan goo out of my body is my priority right now, we can talk later, I am not dying any time soon."

-----------

"Erwin! Where's Armin?!", Jean asked as he arrived at his office.

"You just missed him, we went through the details of the expedition and then he excused himself. I think he wants to spend some time alone due to the losses we had...", Erwin said with a sad expression trying to hold back the tears.

"What losses!? They arrived they are alive!!", Jean said.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!', Erwin said, a little too loud for his own taste.

Jean looked at him confused, it was uncommon to hear the commander using such language.

He continued, "Are you telling me that Levi is alive and the bastard hasn't had the decency to tell his best friend that tiny little detail!", Noticing Jean's confused stance Erwin said, "Thanks for the information you are dismissed."

He then sat on his desk chair thinking about all the possible ways he could get back at him.

-----------

Knock. knock.

"Name and Purpose", Levi asked.

"Mikasa Ackerman, Sir! You asked to see me, Sir!"

"Did you bathe? I am not letting you in spreading filthy Titan goo all over my office!"

With a heavily sarcastic tone she said, "No, I stayed dirty on purpose because annoying you is more important than my hygiene." She rolled her eyes and continued, "Of course I bathe! And if you ask me if I followed the 'How to Clean Titan goo out of your body' section from your 'Clean or die' manual I swear to the walls I -" when Levi cut her short:

"Come in then."

She stepped in, closed the door behind her, and sat. For a moment it looked like a death stare contest, then Levi talked, "Ackerman you are banned from any future expedition outside the walls until further notice."

"What! No! You can't do that to me!", she protested.

"It's been decided as a consequence on your reckless behavior and lack of respect to your superiors", Levi responded.

"To my superiors? Or you? Is this some sort of personal vendetta? I will not accept it!", she said challenging him.

"No, until you show improvement and trust your orders you will not participate in any expedition, I will personally see through it!", he responded while clearly getting angrier by the minute.

"See! Is personal! This is unfair! You can't do this to me! If it is not personal, then, why?! Tell me! You can't treat me like this just because you hate me! I can't-"

Levi stood up from his chair feeling the rage flooding his body and punched the desk cutting her off, and shouted at her, "Because I can't trust you Mikasa!" while locking his eyes into hers.

Mikasa let out a gasp and felt the air being sucked out of her lungs. The strength of the words and the fact that he called her by her first name caught her by surprise. Levi took a deep breath and sat down again.

He continued, "I can't trust a comrade that acts erratically because of a lack of basic control of human emotions! I can't put the lives of the squad in danger because someone had a mood swing. Is not reliable, you are not reliable and your actions prove that you are a liability. If you can't control something as basic as human emotions, then you are no different from an animal!"

Feeling insulted Mikasa responded, "How can you talk about emotions when you are the first one with anger issues all the time?!"

"Have I act on them? Have I put your life or your comrades' life in danger because of it?"

"Excuse me?"

"How many times have I saved your ass on the field even though I hate your guts? Many! Why? Because however, I feel, I have to accept the fact that you are one of our more valuable cadets, worth a hundred soldiers. Is called being objective a concept that seems too complicated for your little stupid head to understand! I let my whole team die to save Eren, friends, people that I actually liked spending time with! On top of it, I ended risking my life to save yours because you did not follow my orders, AGAIN." He sighed before continuing, staring into her eyes "Do you think that is easy? Giving orders? Do you think that is some sort of power game? Do you think that is easy to make the decision that you know will end up killing people close to you for the sake of humanity?"

Mikasa felt a hole in her chest that grew bigger with every word he said. She felt like she was looking at him for the first time, actually knowing him for the first time. The memories of all the little things she oversaw from every expedition, the way he was always keeping track of the team, running to save any comrade in possible danger, his face with the realization that he can't save them all but still calculating and planning every move ahead of time to minimize the possibility of death.

Why I didn't see that? Was my anger for him so big to cloud my judgment? How could I have been so stupid? she thought.

"Eren is a cadet with a lot of room for growth, and you are holding him back with your overprotection and emotional crap, grow the fuck up you are a soldier fucking act like it!", he sighed trying to cool down and continued, "It is nonnegotiable, that is all cadet you may leave", he said while standing up to walk around his desk and opening the door for her.

With her fists clenched on a mix of anger and frustration, she left his office without saying a word with the sour taste of reality pounding in her head with a fact that she could no longer deny: he was right. She was angry and full of hate, but now, it wasn't directed at him, it was directed at herself.

She arrived at her dorm and threw herself to bed, the emotional and physical exhaustion of the day was starting to take its toll on her.

Maybe I'll just close my eyes for a moment, I need to find Armin to take him to the library, she thought as she fell asleep.

-------
Eren P.O.V.

She died. Dead. Gone, and now she's acting as if nothing happened? I thought as I sighed. I was walking down the hall on my way to the kitchen lost in thought.

I couldn't do anything to save her, she could be really gone. I have never even thought of the possibility of her out of my life... Or any other possibility of her always close to me.

"Eren, can we talk?", Armin approached me.

"Not now Armin, my head is not in the right place right now.", I answered as I turned to my room.

-----

Mikasa P.O.V.

She shot her eyes open, in panic.

No, no, no, no, no, how much time did I sleep!?

She looked to the window and thought, I still have time, I need to find Armin.

She walked out of her room looking for him and overheard the exchange between him and Eren.

"Eren, can we talk?", Armin said.

"Not now Armin, my head is not in the right place right now.", Eren answered.

She followed Armin behind, quietly in hopes to surprise him, but he reached for the door of his room, got in, and slammed the door on her face without ever knowing she was there. She just stood there frozen.

-------

Armin P.O.V.

I left Erwin's office with a hole on my chest, she is dead, I couldn't save her. I went to my room to find the book she gave me this morning with the promise of going to the library afterward, and now... she is not here... After a while I decided to talk with Eren, he probably feels the same, maybe sharing the pain somehow makes this easier, besides that's what she would've wanted us to do. I saw him down the hall...

"Eren, can we talk?", I asked.

"Not now Armin, my head is not in the right place right now.", he answered.

The pain of losing her overpowered me and I just ran to my dorm and slammed the door shut.

Author P.O.V.

When Armin arrived at his dorm he smashed his ODM gear into the wall. He started pacing, feeling anger boiling inside of him, he started to punch the wall while yelling,

"Useless!"

PUNCH. PUNCH.

"You are fucking useless!"

PUNCH. PUNCH. PUNCH.

"They have had to save you many times!"

PUNCH.PUNCH.

"Because you are weak!"

PUNCH.

"She died and you did nothing!"

PUNCH. PUNCH.

"Coward!"

PUNCH.

Panting, with his knuckles bleeding, he rested his back against the wall letting himself fall to the floor with his knees bent, he ran his fingers over his hair, and while feeling useless, weak, and lost, he started crying and sobbing in the darkness of his room alone.

Mikasa, standing at the other side of the door, having listened to everything, stood froze there. It wasn't until she felt her own tears fall that a sudden surge of anger overflowed her. She then left straight to Levi's office.

Levi P.O.V

I was there thinking about every word I told her, maybe I was too rough on her, I thought when suddenly she threw my door open with anger scaring the shit out of me. I wasn't rough enough, I see.

"What the fuck Acke-", I said but she cut me short.

"Where is he?!", she yelled at me.

"What? Who?! What are you -"

"Eren! Your precious Titan shifter, where is his room?"

"I already warned you, we haven't made the sex experi-"

"I don't give a fuck! The last thing I want to do to him right now is that, for fucks sake Levi! You can walk me there and stay while I talk to him if you are so concerned, I don't care that you even listen to the conversation!"

Did she call me Levi? And she is angry at... Eren? I wouldn't miss this show for anything.

Amused I agreed, "Alright, follow me."

Arriving at the door, she knocked, as soon as he opened it, she punched him in the face making him fall to the ground.

"Holy Shit!", the reaction escaped my mouth.

She grabbed him by the neck and threw him against the wall.

"Mikasa What the fuck are you doing!? Stop!", Eren yelled.

She pinned him against the wall and started punching him in the face while saying, "Since the only way you learn is with violence..."

PUNCH.

Oh, so now she understands.

"Captain!", Eren called for my help.

"Don't look at me, I am not going to help, I am here just for the show.", shit I should've brought popcorn.

"I will make you understand even if I have to beat the shit out of you!"

PUNCH.

"What the fuck are you talking about!", he pleaded.

She stopped and stared at him, when he noticed that she was crying he started worrying, "What... what happened Mikasa..."

"You! Being a dick! To one of the few people that have been there for you always!"

Angered he replied, "If this is because I've been ignoring you, you can-"

PUNCH.

"No! Listen to me you little piece of shit!"

Whoa, she is using my insults, I'm so proud...

"What I am about to tell you is bigger than me, bigger than you and your fucking ego!", she continued.

Worried again Eren asked, "What is it, Mikasa..."

She started crying and with her voice breaking, she replied, "Armin... he tried to talk to you... you ignored him! I listened... I was outside of his door! I listened... how he broke down hitting the walls of his room! I listened while he shouted about how useless he felt, how weak he felt because he couldn't protect us! "

"Armin...", Eren whispered.

"And I bet my neck! That you forgot... that today... today was his birthday!"

"I..."

"Shut the fuck up and listen to me now... if you value your fucking life, you will do as I say..."

Scared, Eren nodded.

"You will forget whatever ridiculous anger or problem you have with me, at least for the rest of the night, and you will help me bake a cake, decorate the mess hall, bring everyone in, so we can get him the fuck out of his room and surprise him."

"Do we have time for-"

"I don't care! If it takes us all the fucking night, then, so be it!"

"You know that we have to ask for permission, specifically now that the Captain knows what we are planning."

Mikasa stared at me throwing daggers out of her eyes, "Do you have a problem with that, Sir?!"

I sighed, this woman is going to be the end of me, I stared at her eyes tears still rolling down her cheeks, defeated I sighed again... "Let's go, I'll help", I answered.

-------------

Author P.O.V.

"Show me what you have so far.", Levi asked Mikasa.

She started reading a piece of paper she had with the work division for Armin's surprise party. "Well, I thought, for the cake, Sasha could help us bake it."

"Sasha! Are you out of your mind! If she gets close to the oven she will burn the whole base and we will all die. No! I will bake it. What's next?!"

Mikasa sighed, "For decorations, I thought Eren could help."

"Eren, the Titan shifter, decorating? Really? He will probably end up falling down and dying, put Sasha to do that task!"

Frustrated at him she started rewriting the tasks as he asked, "What's next there?"

"Reorganizing the tables, I thought Connie?", She said looking at him already expecting him to change her choice.

"Connie? He will probably try and rearrange everything ridiculously fast without even thinking about how it looks, and in the process, tripping with something to end up falling to the floor and dying. Why do your plans always end up killing some or all of us! Give me that!", he said as he snatched the list from her hands making her groan in frustration.

"Jean will reorganize the chairs and tables, he is good at leading and reorganizing the group out in the field. Sasha decorations, Eren, and Connie will go and grab everyone except Armin, of course. I will bake the cake, you can help me decorate it, and...", He was lost in thought then continued, "You should be the one who brings Armin here."

Defeated she said to Eren, "Alright, Eren, go get the guys and tell them about their tasks."

As Eren walked away Levi yelled at him, "Come on! Left. Right. Left. Right. Move those legs faster! I don't have all night for you, Yeager!"

And scared... Eren ran to complete his mission.

------------

Knock. Knock.

The yellow-haired boy opened the door, when he looked at the person in front of him he froze in shock.

"This is it, I lost it, I am officially crazy.", he said.

"It's me, Armin, I am really here..."

"Don't mess with me Mikasa's ghost!", his eyes watered as he said, "Is it really you?!"

She hugged him and said, "Yes, everything is Erens', fault he knew and he didn't tell you.", she said teasingly.

"No wonder why he seemed so relaxed! I was starting to think that he was a psychopath!", he said and chuckled as he held her tight, he continued, "Mika, I saw you die..."

"I know, I don't know how but, Captain Levi saved me."

Armin pulled back and stared at her, confused he asked, "How?"

"Well, I only remember when the Titans mouth closed with me inside, pulling me into its throat as I was gasping for air then, black. Later I opened my eyes and saw Captain Levi holding me and we were both covered in nasty Titan goo. Maybe that thing puked us out?"

Armin stared at her confused and said, "There is another option..."

Confused, Mikasa asked, "What?"

"That somehow Captain Levi found a way out of the Titans' ass."

(Authors note: Sorry! I had to!😂)

They both stared at each other and Mikasa said, "Now, I don't even want to know... Come with me."

"Wait! What!? Where to?"

"I want to show you something."

---------

"Shut up he's coming! He's coming!", Jean said.

"Yeager! Get down from there he is almost here!", Levi shouted as they turned off the lights.

"Mikasa, where are we going? The mess hall is so dark, where is the light switch?"

"Armin, be careful, we don't want to get caught.", Mikasa said.

"I don't even know what we are doing here, to begin with!"

"Shush just help me find the light switch."

"Wait I think is this one-"

Armin turned the light on and everyone jumped while screaming, "Happy Birthday Armin!", scaring the shit out of him.

"Wait! What?!! You guys did this... For me?!"

"You are the reason we are all here today, to begin with!", Levi said.

"Captain! You too!?"

"I couldn't let them burn the whole base trying to make a cake."

"Armin! Make a wish! Blow the candles!", Sasha said.

"Shut up! Let him do it at his own pace you just want to start eating cake already!", Jean said to Sasha.

"Someone put the leash on Sasha! We don't want her to take the whole cake for herself!", Connie said.

"You guys...", Armin said still in shock.

"I don't know why you are so surprised, as I said you are the reason why all of us are here today.", Levi said.

"What do you mean?", Armin said confused.

Jean started talking, "First, two expeditions ago you were the one who figured out what the female Titan was, that information saved our asses."

Connie continued, "Also, you started working with Erwin giving input in important formation alignments, and in the end, it saved us too."

"You have saved more asses with your brain than me cutting up Titans napes. I am proud to have you on my squad brat!", Levi said.

At his words, Armin couldn't contain the tears and said, "Thank you guys... is nice to hear that..."

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.", Levi said dismissively, "I don't give compliments often so don't get used to it! Now, come here and blow those candles because I want some cake!"

Everyone laughed and Armin closed his eyes as he wished, I wish to never lose them, he opened his eyes and blew the candles.

--------

"So what do you want to talk about?", Eren asked Armin back in his room.

"I am okay now, the guys' words helped... What about you?", Armin asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been acting weird, care to fill me in?"

Eren sighed, "I just can't stop thinking about what could've happened if Mikasa died. I've never imagined a life without her. I think... I know, I have pushed her away but thinking about a life without her is almost unbearable. She told me how she felt before the Female Titan expedition, she said she loved me and I just rejected her and walked away... Now she is acting so different around me, I miss her..."

"You grew up used to the constant presence of Mikasa, nothing ever threatened her attention away from you. She was that constant figure in your life that you knew you could always count on, no matter what. No matter how much you pushed her away, or hurt her, she was always there, and even though she just told you about it a couple of months ago, you knew, deep down you knew that she loved you that way, and that, made you take her for granted.", Armin responded.

"I know, I'm so fucking stupid, I had to see her die to even think of the possibility of a future where she is not there.", Eren said frustrated.

"Eren, what type of friend do you want me to be right now, the type that agrees with you about everything or the type that tells you the truth even though it might hurt you?", Armin asked.

"What kind of question is that?! Of course, I want you to tell me the truth."

"Then, after I am finished you don't have the right to throw a tantrum at me or get mad at me, I am warning you.", Armin said with a serious tone.

Scared and confused Eren said, "Go on..."

Armin sighed and started talking, "I know Eren, I know about that night...", Erens' eyes shot open with surprise, as Armin continued, "I don't know if you remember but, back when we were trainees, my room was on the same hall as Mikasas'. That night I couldn't sleep, I guess I was anxious about the expedition we were going on the next day. I walked out of my room and saw Mikasa walking down the hall barefoot. It got me curious, so I followed her...", he sighed and continued, "She stopped by a tree and started crying, I thought she was anxious about the expedition and maybe she needed time alone, so I walked back to my room when I saw you sneaking out of hers, shirtless with your shirt on the hand, pants barely closed, and it was kind of obvious."

"She was crying!?"

"Yes, what did you do to her?!"

"Nothing! Is not like I forced her!"

"So you are saying that you didn't even give her even a little insinuation that you wanted her to have sex with you? That you at least asked if she wanted?"

"I... Uhhh..."

"She was so codependent of you since you saved her all those years ago that she always wanted to please you. Every whim, every wish she was there to make it happen. You made sure that she didn't felt obligated to please you that night?!"

Looking at Eren, he saw the frustration and guilt on his face, and he sighed.

Armin continued, "Look, she is strong and she loves you but she is also human, there is a limit to how much a person can take", he paused and continued, "Just, fix this, whatever that means, if fixing it means letting her go or fight for her, just fix it, I would hate to be in the middle of a fight between my two best friends. I will not choose a side, so this doesn't only affect you, if you don't fix this, we will all end up alone."

Eren sighed holding the tears of guilt in his eyes and said, "Armin... I might be a titan shifter, and Mikasa might be worth a hundred soldiers, but you, you keep us grounded. You have the wisdom of a thousand men, you are the best from all of us. We would probably be dead long ago if it weren't for you... Thank You...", he stood up and left the room.

------The next day---------

Knock. Knock.

"Leviiii"

"What do you want shitty glasses!", Levi said.

Hanji opened the door to his office and let herself in "I take that as a 'yes come in'"

"Tsc... what do you want?"

"Yesterday was the first expedition we had with zero casualties!!", Hanji exclaimed jumping from excitement.

He suddenly realized that he didn't even notice it. He was so angry at Mikasa's actions that he totally overlooked the fact that, for the first time since he has been in the Survey Corps, everyone returned alive from an expedition. No dead bodies or body parts to bring back, no grievance, all had made it back alive.

"So..." Hanji continued, "after discussing it with Erwin, I decided that we should do a celebration for the team. Something simple, to boost the morale since we finally have a win after all these years of loss."

"But the mission wasn't a success and I almost ended up as Titans' poop alongside Mikasa", Levi said confused.

"That's where you are wrong, you see after you guys killed those three abnormals, the path to the outside post has been cleared. It turns out, those abnormals were the ones attracting all the other regular ones to that area.", Hanji explained.

"I can't believe that we finally had luck on a mission."

"So, I think the team deserves the celebration!"

"Sounds reasonable"

"So the celebration will be tonight in the mess hall. Drinks are on Pixis!"

Giving Hanji an incredulous look, Levi said, "Dot Pixis, the Highest Ranking Commander of the Southern Territory, willingly agreed to share his precious alcohol?!"

"Well, he doesn't know it yet, but we already took it", Hanji answered with a devilish smile.

"As long as my name is out of whatever plan you pulled to do that, I don't have a problem. Anything else?"

"Well..."

"Spit it out I don't have all day"

"Are you going?"

"Where?"

"To the celebration!"

"No."

"Levi... " Hanji approached with true concern for his friend. Even though Levi was the book definition of a dick, he and Erwin were her oldest comrades who were still alive. They've shared losses, grief, pain, together and even though he doesn't show it, she knows that he also considers her his friend, sometimes reaching out to her when the need to vent overwhelms his pride.

"Don't"

"I am worried about you! Ever since..." – she couldn't continue with the weight of the rest of the words that carried her sentence. Ever since you lost everyone from your last crew. Hanji knew Levi, and she knew that he blamed himself for it, even though she had tried to make him understand that there was nothing he could've done, she knows, that deep down he will never stop blaming himself for it.

"Hanji... is too soon..."

"Well, the least I can do is give you a few bottles of Pixis stol- I mean, donated cargo."

"Now, we are talking about business."

--------

"A party!?", Sasha exclaimed.

"Yeah, Hanji told me about it today while she was doing some experiments.", Eren replied.

"Have the experiments gotten less painful on you?", Mikasa asked Eren.

"I guess, you kind of get used to it, today I told her about one of my theories and she seemed interested"

"Really! About what?", Armin asked with curiosity booming from his eyes.

"Well, I have a theory, we all know that being a titan shifter gives you some strengths, abilities, and improvements in your body" Eren started, earning the curiosity of everyone in the group, "Well" he continued, "Maybe it also improves the brain."

At his last statement, everyone rolled their eyes making a unified groan of disappointment.

"Eren, not this again!", Connie said.

"Being a titan shifter doesn't make you smarter!", Jean shouted.

"Of course it does! Transformation gives me a bigger brain!", Eren responded.

"What's the point of bigger if you don't know how to use it?!", Jean said.

"Your mom never complained.", Eren replied teasingly with a wide grin.

"What did you just say?!", Jean shouted as everyone was bracing themselves for another, usually common, fight between them.

Just when Jean was about to punch Eren in the face, a sudden scream was heard, freezing everyone in the mess hall. Everyone looked at the direction it came.

Hanji entered running to the mess hall screaming "Move! He is gonna get me!" while pushing aside any cadet that stood in her way. "He is angry! Run!", she yelled while she got out of the mess hall from the back door.

Everyone stood still not knowing what was happening until another scream came from the same direction where Hanji arrived.

"HANJIIII I AM GONNA MAKE TITAN POOP OUT OF YOU!!", Levi screamed running through the mess hall, shirtless, with a piece of cloth that looked like a shirt rolled into a ball in his hand.

"WHERE IS SHE?!", he asked and everyone just stared at him in shock.

"WHERE. IS. SHE!"

His angry eyes scanning the room stopped at the most scared cadet at that moment. "YOU! IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE TELL ME WHERE SHE WENT!"

The trembling soldier responded "Sir... Uhm... Captain.. she got out from the back door!"

As soon as he said that, Hanji screamed from the back "YOU LITTLE RAT!", and she started to run away again.

Levi gave the cadet an evil smile and ran after her while mumbling "I will make you eat it".

After an awkward moment of silence, that seemed like an eternity, someone started laughing from one of the tables at the corner.

Everyone looked at the person who was laughing to find a very amused Erwin Smith almost crying with laughter and saying "I guess some things will never change." which made the cadets relax at the realization that there was no danger to be afraid of, at least, for them, Hanji,
well...

"What was that about?!", asked Sasha with the same confused face that everyone had.

"What do you think could've happened that ended up with the Captain, shirtless, running around screaming like an angry maniac?", Jean asked.

"Well, noting that the person he was angry at was Hanji, I would say the answer lies in the realm of everything is possible", Armin said.

"Maybe she tried one of her crazy experiments on him", Eren said with a shrug.

"As long as it doesn't make him angrier than what he already is towards us I don't mind", Sasha said while stuffing a piece of bread from Jean's plate into her mouth.

"Is that even possible?", Mikasa asked making everyone laugh.

------------

Back at her dorm, Mikasa stared at her clothes deciding what to wear for the celebration. Her thoughts had been drifting all day to the last conversation she had with Levi...

"you are not reliable"

"you are a liability"

"If you can't control something as basic as human emotions, then you are no different from an animal!"

"You are holding him back!"

The sound of someone knocking at her door brought her back to reality.

"Mikasa! Are you ready?!", Sasha said.

"Come on in!", Mikasa replied.

Sasha entered the room and closed the door behind her.

"You are not even dressed yet!", Sasha exclaimed.

"I don't even know if I want to go."

"What's the problem? Talk!", Sasha said as she jumped to her bed.

"I can't stop thinking about the last conversation with the Captain."

"The one where he insulted the shit out of you and ended up calling you an animal?", Sasha asked her.

"It didn't even bother me the insults...", Mikasa said and sighed, "Worst than being slapped on the face with the truth is that the person that slapped you is someone you hate."

"Well, I heard there would be alcohol at the party so, that might be just what you need right now."

"Do you think? I've never been drunk, I guess I never even tried before."

"What! I will make sure that you get wasted tonight! You will forget all about Levi in no time!"

"I guess it doesn't hurt to try."

As they walked to leave for the party Sasha said, "Well, at least there is a part of him worth remembering, did you see those abs!?"

Mikasa rolled her eyes and said, "Sasha! Let's just go!"

Sasha chuckled and said, "I know you saw them too!"

----------At the party--------

"Who do you think will end up doing the walk of shame tomorrow?", Connie asked Jean.

"Probably Sasha.", Jean replied.

"Speaking of the devil look who just arrived!", Connie said.

"Is she with Mikasa!?", Jean exclaimed.

"It seems like it, do you want me to pull Sasha away so you can have a conversation with her and finally tell her how you feel?"

"It didn't go well last time."

"Oh! You mean that morning you sat down with her during breakfast and just went completely awkward and didn't said a thing?", Connie sighed, "Look, maybe alcohol will help you talk tonight."

--Time skip after a couple of glasses of rum--

"Everything is moving Sasha! Is this normal?", Mikasa said.

"That's part of the fun!", Sasha said.

Suddenly, Jean stood on a table and screamed, "Mikasaaa! I want you to have my babies!"

"What did you just say!?", Eren screamed at him.

"Oh there's Eren I haven't seen him since Armin's bday last night.", Mikasa said.

"You totally ignored what Jean said right?", Sasha said.

"What did he said?"

Sasha rolled her eyes and laughed.

Mikasa walked to where Eren was fighting Jean, as usual.

"Eren let him go!", Armin said.

"Eren are you alright?", Mikasa asked him.

Eren looked at Mikasa and just walked away.

"Armin, what is wrong with him?"

"Just, I'll take care of it, you just, have fun.", Armin said.

Mikasa looked back to were Sasha was and saw her dancing with Connie, Jean was wasted on the floor, and everyone else seemed to be having a good time with each other. She sighed, as she saw one of the bottles of rum at the table of the punch, she walked to it, grabbed it, and left the party.

"I told you to fix things not to ignore her!", Armin said to Eren.

"I just... With everything you told me last night, I don't even know how to react around her! I need to figure this out!", Eren said.

Armin looked at the room and watched Mikasa leaving, "Great! She just left, you probably pissed her off again. Great job fixing things!", he said to Eren with a sarcastic tone.

-----------

Levi P.O.V.

I was walking through the empty open yard, lost in thought when I saw her, she was crying, sitting on the floor, alone, with a bottle of rum. So she is the type of person that cries when drunk? How annoying.

Approaching her I said, "Oi! I didn't know demons could cry"

She gave me a warning stare but said nothing.

I kept pushing, "What are you doing out past curfew time, go to your room now if you don't want more extra chores, Brat!"

She didn't even look at me and kept silent. 

Great, now I will have to also be a psychologist with these brats

Author P.O.V.

She didn't move, ignoring Levi and his gaze, and giving another sip to the rum straight from the bottle.

He sighed defeated, sat next to her, and said, "What happened? Did your good for nothing boyfriend finally found how annoying you are and left?"

Without looking at him Mikasa replied, "I am not in the mood for your senseless crap, so I would appreciate if you left me alone."

He replied, "You must definitely be drunk to talk to me like that." while reaching to grab the bottle of rum to take it away from her.

She gripped the bottle harder to prevent him from taking it and she shouted, "Don't you dare take it away from me!"

Levi just pulled the bottle harder. Mikasa, without losing her grip, threw a punch to his face but ended failing miserably.

"You are definitely drunk if you miss my face even though I am not moving at all.", he said teasingly.

"Because you are so sober, right?", she responded.

"More than you, yes"

"Wanna bet?"

"Excuse me?"

"Fight me!"

Levi looked at her confused and said, "You know that to fight drunken style you don't actually have to be drunk, right?"

"What! Are you scared that I would beat your ass?"

He stared at her defiant eyes and stood up, finding his balance in his drunk state and replied, "Bring it! While we are at it, you can tell me what the fuck is going on with you!"

She stood up in front of him, ready to attack. She threw a punch and nearly missed him, Levi moved to avoid it messing his balance but recovering quickly, damn I really am drunk, he thought. Throwing more punches and moving around she started talking,

"I failed to protect my father", she said while she tried to throw a kick without losing much balance but Levi avoided it.

"I failed to protect my mother", she threw an uppercut.

"Life gave me a second chance of a family", she threw two consecutive punches,

"...and I failed to protect them too..."

Kick. Punch.

"...now, the only family that I have left..."

Punch. Punch. Kick.

"is either avoiding me or treating me like shit!"

Punch...

"I can't stop the nightmares..."

Kick...

"..of watching them die, over and over again..."

Uppercut...

"I just want a moment of peace, a moment where I can just forget..."

Levi moved from a defensive stance to an attacking one, he swooped her legs, threw her to the floor, and pinned her down. Then, he noticed that she stopped fighting. He stared at her and said, "Alcohol is the worst idea if what you want is just to forget".

Why is the floor moving? Is she moving, shit I am so drunk, he thought.

"Listen, brat, I also have recurring nightmares about watching people die, there is no way around that, I still don't know if there is a way to forget about it, even if it's just for a moment."

He closed their distance, placed his forehead against hers, and close his eyes, "If someday, you find a way, let me know... but for now... we can only try..." He opened his eyes and looked at her, he didn't realize how close they were until now, "I've tried many things..." he moved his eyes to her lips, "...and I just realized... that there is still one thing that I haven't tried yet..."

Staring at him and unconsciously licking her lips she whispered, "...which is?"

He closed the distance between them and kissed her on the lips, Mikasa moved her arms to wrap them around the back of his neck and kissed him back. Their kisses started slow, and a warm feeling was taking control of them making them kiss more passionate. He picked her up and pinned her against the nearest wall tightening his grip around her waist.

He stopped kissing her to start kissing her neck, and between kissing and soft bites he told her "If you want me to stop, say it!"

She ran her fingers through his head and pushed her hips forward to feel him, making him groan, then she whispered to his ear, "Don't you fucking dare to stop, make me forget!".

He ground against her hips and said: "I'll make you forget that he even exists".

Then, he picked her legs up and wrapped them around his waist while she held on to him with her arms around his neck he started walking her to his office.

He slammed open his office door and pinned her to the wall, while she started kissing his neck, he closed the door. Breathing heavily, Mikasa bit his lower lip causing him to bleed, and pushed him away.

He stared at her, cleaned the blood with his hand, and looked at it raising a brow.

She said, "This doesn't change the fact that I hate you." while staring at him with a smirk.

He pushed her back against the wall, restraining both of her wrists up against it with one hand, and tightening the grip around her waist with the other. He kicked her legs open and placed himself in the middle while he whispered to her ear, "Trust me..." then pushing his hips against hers harder so she could feel his entire hardened length "I fucking hate you more." At his words, she let out a moan that made him grind against her harder. She started kissing and biting his neck while he extended his hand to the door to put the lock on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 402 10
You are a third year veteran in the Survey Corps with a long-time crush on Captain Levi. The night of your 18th birthday, you run into Levi at the ba...
222K 6.3K 41
~Levi X Bullied Reader ~(F/N) (L/N) is the last girl any Scouting Legion Squad Leader would want to have on their ranks. She is very timid, shy, quie...
174K 3.7K 16
you finally get a chance to be alone with your crush. and well... things escalate from there. ________ • mikasa ackerman x fem reader! • *THIS STOR...
10.3K 309 58
Nº1 #Leviackermanxreader 14.01.2024 Nº1 #LeviAckerman 14.01.2024 Nº1 #Leviackermanxoc 14.01.2024 Nº1 #aotfanfic 20.01.2024 N°1 #levixoc 20.04.2024 It...