How I Met You

By modernism

"Hey." It all started with that three lettered word in a mysterious text from an unknown California... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six Teaser
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine

Chapter Twenty Seven

44.1K 970 141
By modernism

* * * PLEASE READ THE END OF THE A/N* * *

Hey, people :) Here's the next chapter ;)

-Chapter Twenty Seven-

"No?" he asked, standing up with confusion and sadness etched all over his face.

More tears slid down my face. See what Christian did to me? He made me afraid of falling in love with anyone else.

"I just can't. I'm so sorry, Jake-" I was cut off when two strong arms wrapped around me, and I was pulled into his embrace. I gasped in shock. This really surprised me the most, him giving me a hug.

I sniffled into his hard chest and wrapped my arms around him too. He rubbed my hair soothingly, trying to calm me down a bit. It somewhat worked, actually. I let my body relax into his, seeking comfort. I hugged him tightly.

"Why are you crying?" he whispered into my ear.

I sniffled a little. I probably looked like a hot mess right now. No, scratch that. I probably just looked like a mess. Nothing hot about me today.

"I'll tell you in a minute. Just a few more seconds." It felt too good to be in his arms to let go. I felt as if I could stay here for years, just holding him.

A few minutes later, we went up into the tree house again, and I sat on the small wooden bench.

"Do you want me to tell you now?"

He nodded. "Only if you really want to tell me. I won't make you if that's not what you want."

I gave him a small smile and patted the empty space next to me. He sat down, and the bech creaked as he did so.

"So. . . It happened a year ago. . ." I wiped at my eyes, and he gestured for me to continue. "That's when I got my heart broken."

More tears threatened to fall, but I kept them at bay. Why was I even crying? I thought I was over this stupid break up years ago!

I gave him a small smile. "Thanks, I appreciate that. But I'll tell you." I patted the empty spot next to me. "Sit." He obeyed, and the bench creaked as he sat down.

"Okay, well it happened a year ago. That's when my heart was broken for the first time. It was by this guy, Christian. We'd been dating for two years, and then he just. . . Broke my heart. Just like that." The tears began coming, but I kept them at bay. "He told me he loved me, and I thought that I. . . Loved him too, but-"

"Then he cheated on you," Jake finished for me.

"How did you know?"

"The same thing happened to London. . . And I know that you don't want to feel so broken again. She cried for weeks, but you know what? She got over it and moved on. You have to too."

"I know, Jake."

"Did you think I would do that to you, Alex?" This time, I stayed silent and played with my fingers as a distraction. He put a hand on my chin and made me look up into his green eyes. "Because I wouldn't. I wouldn't even think of doing that."

I searched his eyes for something, anything to say he was telling the truth. "Why wouldn't you?" I asked him.

"Because I'm not an idiot. Christian was. He gave up someone as beautiful as you for someone else who probably isn't even half as amazing as you are. You're beautiful, funny, and unique." Jake took my hand in his. "You don't deserve someone like him."

The tears were coming back now. Not because I was sad - why would I be? I was crying now because that was honestly the sweetest thing someone has said to me. Not even Christian could top that.

At that moment, I knew for a fact that I didn't want to let Jake go. He was sweet, funny, and super good looking. Not that looks really matter. It's just a bonus, you know? The thing that really matters is the personality.

Oh, and trust me, Jake is the guy I've been searching for. I am so glad that he accidentally texted me, or none of this would've happened.

I nodded at him, grinning from ear to ear. "Yes."

"Yes. . .?"

I leaned over and gave him a peck on the lips, short and sweet. I rested my own forehead against his and said those six words that have been dying to escape my lips.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

* * *

I was so happy now. I could literally scream in joy. Jake was my boyfriend now. I was his girlfriend. Isn't the world just a wonderful place?

Heck yes, it is!

I think it's absolutely crazy how one person could change my mood that fast. First, I felt like I a popular girl who got bumped down to the bottom of the popularity list and was drowning in my own tears, but now I feel like a pony that just went through an amazing transformation and turned into a rainbow unicorn that is filled with magical powers!

Right now, Jake and I were walking down an isle in the local Walmart, hand in hand. Yes, I know, very classy. Vicky was in an oh-so-desperate need of milk, so she sent us right back out as soon as we got in to her house.

She just loves us so much.

We didn't even get to announce the good - no, amazing - news yet!

"What kind of milk does she usually get?" Jake asked, bringing me out of my little world.

"Uhm. Whole milk?" I guessed. I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff! It's milk! Who cares if you get two percent? I'm sure I wouldn't mind.

"Okay. Do you want to pick up anything else while we're here?"

I thought about it. Actually, yes, yes I do. My cheeks turned bright red. He doesn't need to know.

Pads. I need pads. There, I said it. Or thought it. . . ?

"Yeah. Um, here's an idea. How about you go pay for the milk and I'll meet you at the car?" I suggested.

"Why? What's the point in-"He stopped and smirked at me knowingly. Uh-oh, I think he caught on. "Sure. What do you need?"

I glared up at him. "Personal necessities. Now shoo!"

"Aw, I can't come with you?"

"No!"

He started laughing as I turned away and trekked to the feminine hygiene section. That was so embarrassing!

"Make sure you get the heavy duty ones in case of special emergencies!" he called after me.

I could feel my whole face heat up. He just loves embarrassing me, doesn't he?

Just when I was about ten feet away, he added, and I quote, "No need to be embarrassed, Miss Tomato. Every woman goes through this at some point in her life!"

. . . I'll take that as a yes.

* * *

"I can't believe you did that!" I exclaimed again, opening the front door to Vicky's house. Jake laughed the whole ride home. Sadly he didn't get any bugs in his mouth since we took Vicky's car instead.

Something about the milk not being able to fit on Jake's motorcycle? I don't know.

"Who did what?" Vicky asked, her sock covered feet padding into the foyer.

"I'll tell you some other time, Vic. Let's just say. . . Jake embarrassed me in the middle of a Walmart Supercenter." I pivoted on my left foot to glare at Jake once more.

He walked up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, kissing my cheek. "But you looked so adorable with your rosy red cheeks." Even though I wasn't really looking at him, I knew he would be smiling.

"Whoa, whoa, wait, whoa! He just kissed you!"

"So?" Jake questioned.

"Oh yeah," I took his hand and kissed the back of it. "We're together now." I smiled brightly at her.

"No way. Are you kidding? Tell me you're not kidding." Vicky was smiling too now.

"She's serious," Jake told her.

Her smile broadened (which I didn't even know was humanly possible). "Finally! Yay! I'm so excited!!"

"Why are you excited?" I asked her.

"I don't know! I'm just so happy! Oh my God! Hugs! Hugs for the both of you!!" She ran up to us and suffocated us with one of her signature bone crushing hugs.

Luckily, she pulled back a few seconds later, before she could kill us, and I regained my ability to breathe.

She muttered a curse. "What?" I asked.

"I owe Matt fifty dollars. . . Be right back!" She raced down the hallway and up the stairs.

"Vicky, you owe me four dollars-" Jake called after her. Too bad, she was long gone now. ". . . For the milk," he finished. He sighed. "Well, that sucks."

"It's only four dollars, Jake."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Oh! Let's go tell Danielle!" I exclaimed.

After we put the milk in the fridge, we went down to the basement to tell Danielle. Hopefully she's here. I can't wait to tell her! She'll go crazy!

The elevator doors opened on the basement level, and Jake and I walked out hand in hand.

"Danielle, you here?" I called out.

"In my room!"

I walked through her door that was wide open and smiled. I've been doing that a lot since the little scene in the tree house. I couldn't help it!

Danielle was just pulling a white camisole top over her head when we entered. I don't think Jake saw, though. If he did that'd be quite an awkward situation.

As soon as she saw Jake, she smiled. "Hey, Jake!!"

"Hey, Danielle," he replied. He gave her a one armed hug; his other hand was still holding mine.

"What up with the one armed hug?" she asked before glancing at our intertwined hands. "Le gasp! Seriously? Is this really happening?! Pinch me, I may be dreaming! Oh my God!"

"I'm not pinching you."

"This must be real then! Wait, what if this is a dream? Oh my gosh, the world might end in this dream! I tend to dream about the world ending a lot. I don't understand why! Then I usually meet a foreign lady who likes to give me candy. It's usually Starburst or chocolate. Oh! And then-"

I slapped her hard on her right cheek, making her stumble back a bit.

"What was that for!?" she exclaimed, rubbing her right cheek.

"You were babbling!"

"Oh. Sorry." She laughed nervously. "Anyways! I have to tell London! And Mason! And Vicky owes me twenty-five dollars." She ran out her door.

"Why is everyone betting on us?" Jake murmured into my ear.

I shrugged. "I guess it's because we're awesome."

"Agreed. So, now what shall we do?" he asked.

Just on cue, his phone 'dinged' in his pocket. He pulled it out, and his eyes scanned over what I'm assuming was a text message.

"London texted me. Here, read it." He handed me his phone, which I took in my small hands.

"Heard the news, Lil Bro ;) Meet me at Panera in ten. Kay?"

"How did Danielle manage to tell her that already?" I asked, clearly baffled.

"I have no idea. Well, I guess we better go down to Panera then, yeah?"

I nodded at him and walked out of Danielle's somewhat messy bedroom.

We got on his motorcycle and went down the street to the amazing restaurant with the name of 'Panera'. I loved this place. They have the best sandwiches here.

We walked into the building. The tiny bells above the door jingled, and the tantalizing aroma of fresh bread and steaming hot, ready-to-go sandwiches met my nostrils. I sighed. I would get everything on the menu of I could.

"There they are," Jake said, pointing a finger at Danielle and London seated in the back corner.

"Why, isn't it the fabulous twosome?" Danielle greeted us with a posh British accent and smile playing on her lips.

I smiled at her. "I am fabulous, aren't I?"

"Yes, yes you are indeed."

"Don't forget me!" Jake butted in, flipping his nonexistent hair over his shoulder.

London rolled her eyes. "I always knew you had a feminine side. . ."

He scoffed at his older sister, and did a fake, 'preppy' voice. "Whateves. My manicure is better than yours anyways."

"Jake, please stop. That's kind of creepy," I told him.

"I agree," Dan said.

"Mood killers."

I chuckled and turned my attention back to London. "Why did you call us here?"

"Number one, I wanted to get all the little details of this new relationship. Two, Lily has a secret, and she won't spill the beans."

Jake laughed. "Please. I know all of Lily's secrets. She's my best friend. She practically tells me everything."

"I doubt you know this one, Jake."

"Test me."

"She gave me a little hint. . ."

"And that is?" I drawled.

"All she told me is that it's about a guy."

- - - -

HEY GUYS! How did you like that? New relationship! YAY! I'm so happy. Jake and Alex can finally be together. Anyways, thanks for all the votes and comments on the previous chapter! I love you guys so much. And I didn't update as quickly because I had so many tests/quizzes that I needed to study for, and I had too much homework, and bleh. I don't like school.

Tell me what you guys though of that :D OH! And when I said 'the end is near' I meant the end of their friendzone relationship :D Once again, I love you all so much. You're the reason I keep updating. First comment = Dedication!

**IMPORTANT**

Okay. so someone asked me the other day if there were any other ways to get a dedication. So, as you all know, you can get the first comment. And if you make a cover, banner, or character banner (when I put the cast up) then you can also get one =)

~Storylover11~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 2.1K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
551K 16.8K 70
"I'm going to fart on your pillow," Glen promised her, crossing his arms. "Do that and I'll tell Francis that you broke his lucky chain." Hayes mirro...
33.7K 385 39
"We are just friends!", "You sure about that?"
293K 7.3K 105
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...