Sixty-four Steps (drarry)

By liamwhatdoyoubring

A stormy sky, clouds and rain. As Harry looked, truly looked, into Draco's eyes he could begin to see a story... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 1

2.2K 44 188
By liamwhatdoyoubring

Warnings: abuse, suicidal actions, smut, molestation, homophobia, ED, and talk of killing oneself

~This is more about what happens once they get together, not completely about them getting together. They do get romantically involved pretty quickly  ~

I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring

'Finally' was the first thought to enter Harry's mind as he walked through the streets of his town, Little Whinging. The last year attending Hogwarts, finally. Harry loved the school as much as the next person, but this year being his last meant he could move away from his family. Therefore, he couldn't be much happier.

He had also made it all the way to seventh year without good 'ole Voldie killing him. Harry killed Voldemort before he had the chance to kill Harry. It was quite traumatic for everyone involved. The killing of Voldemort was never expected to be easy. Although no one expected it to be that hard.

The battle had left Harry more than traumatized.

Innocent lives had been taken on his behalf. Professor Lupin's wife had been taken from him because of Harry. Holding the knowledge that people died for you was not easy knowledge to bear.

Harry was now a sort of shell of who he was when he first came to school. The innocent starry eyed boy he had been was now only a memory.

Now, Harry was returning to Hogwarts after his awful summer with his revolting aunt and uncle. They had never treated him with even a drop of respect. Harry was absolutely sure they wished Voldemort had killed him along with his parents.

Hogwarts was his escape from all of that ugliness in his so called home. Harry was eternally grateful for his home away from home and the people who befriended him. Those people became his family. That place became his home. They were more of a family than his had ever been, that's for sure.

He left his 'home' on his own considering his aunt and uncle would never doing anything for him, the freak. The journey to the train station was not a simple one. The weather was quite shit in all honesty. It was cold and soggy. The only part Harry enjoyed from this journey was the smell of rain. The smell of the passing rain was still very apparent in the air.

Harry eventually arrived at platform 9 3/4 after a long and grueling walk. His shoes and the bottoms of his slacks were a bit wet from walking through puddles.

Harry shook off like a wet dog when he entered the building. He pushed past many people to reach his platform. Once he arrived at it he worked up courage to run through it.

Although he had done it many times before, it still rattled him to run through a brick wall. Harry always thought one time the brick wall just wouldn't let him through especially after the incident at the start second year. When the wall actually locked up.

He collected himself then looked to see his friends walking swiftly to him with their arms open. They reached him and pulled him into a hug. Harry held in a wince he was so tempted to let escape, the slightly aggressive embrace hurt the fresh bruises on his body.

"Harry I'm so glad you made it safely" Hermione said as she pulled away from the hug. Her eyes dropped to his pants, her face twisted into confusion. "Why are you soggy?"

Harry looked down at his clothing, then back up at his friends. He brushed it off with a chuckle and a subtle response. "Oh well, I got out of my aunt and uncles car, just to step in a large puddle!" He smiled throughout his sentence, as if he was telling a true funny story.

The other two laughed as well at Harry's supposed bad luck.

"Well mate you're finally here and that's all that matters, it took you long enough though" Ron brushed his red hair out of his eyes. "Well..my uncle and aunt were running late so it took a little for them to drive me here" He lied right through his teeth. "How are those old farts anyway?" Ron said, making his way through the crowd of students holding Hermione's hand.

Hermione and Ron had announced their relationship after the Battle of Hogwarts concluded. They had been hiding it from Harry for about two years. Harry was rather angry when he found out they were hiding from him. Once he got over his anger, it was replaced with happiness for his two best friends. Some sadness for the lonely life he lived.

"They're great, it's always pleasant seeing them" It pained him to lie to his friends but he would never want them to worry. Harry would never want to put his feelings before anyone else's. If he could hide the bad parts of his life from everyone forever, he would.

He was following the two of them when he bumped into someone. A tall person, platinum blonde hair, people dressed in green surrounding them. Although the people just looked like green blobs considering Harry's glasses had fallen off. A scent of vanilla lingered in the air. Harry sighed, he most likely just pissed off a Slytherin.

Draco was a bit stunned when someone bumped into him. He knew no one in their right mind would even attempt to come near him. Draco turned to look around, attempting to find the person who did it. Then his eyes fell to the floor, he found Harry Potter scrambling around for his glasses. Draco's heart skipped a beat when he saw how frantic and panicked he looked. He wanted to get down and help, but of course he didn't. He never did.

Harry thought, considering all the green it was most likely a posh and rude Slytherin. "Watch where you're going Potter." A velvety rude, yet familiar voice spilled into his ears. The person, who Harry had now identified to be a boy because of their voice was looking down at Harry where he was grabbing around for his glasses. "Aren't those glasses supposed to help you see better?" the boy chuckled and his friends laughed.

Harry got up to see who it was. Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. He wasn't very surprised to find Draco as the one he had bumped into. Considering Harry's luck, he figured it was Draco anyways.

"Always a pleasure Malfoy" He rolled his eyes and walked away. Harry was not going to put up with Draco's shenanigans this year. He wanted to have a slightly calm or mildly quiet year. There hadn't been real peace for Harry since first year.

He could feel Draco's eyes burning holes into the back of his head. Harry wanted to turn back and say something rude, but he didn't. He couldn't even bring himself to be genuinely rude to Draco for some reason. Harry promised himself he would stay to himself, be calm and quiet. Harry was so lost in his head he hadn't even noticed Ron and Hermione waiting for him.

"Another run in with that twat Malfoy." Ron scoffed and rolled his eyes just as Harry had a few moments earlier. "Let's just ignore him, I want to enjoy myself this year... Voldie's gone so maybe I can actually enjoy the school year. I want to have some peace for once" Harry stated, because well he really did want a calm peaceful year.

It had been hard to have any sense of serenity or safety with Voldemort out for him.  With Voldemort out of the way Harry felt free. There was no big bad evil force out to kill him anymore. Knowing that he was safe lifted a very heavy weight off of his shoulders.

He boarded the train with his friends and finally relaxed for the first time since school let out before summer. This summer had been the worst in a few years. His so very loving aunt and uncle had been worse than ever. Not to mention his cousin was a twat as usual. He had been hit, treated like a slave, shoved in a cupboard, although that part was normal, and used. Used by his uncle.

Aunt Petunia would yell at him or slap him if dinner was cold or prepared later then she wanted. Dudley was just plain rude, he would make fun of Harry for being a 'freak' he would bring up Harry's dead parents every now and then. Although they were nothing compared to his Uncle Vernon. His Uncle Vernon was a monster. He had done unspeakable things to Harry countless times. That whole family was toxic, manipulative, and disgusting. Harry had hoped that soon he could scrounge up enough money to move out or maybe find somewhere else to stay.

The thoughts of his family made him look down to his sweater sleeves that covered his arms. He would never let his friends or anyone find out what he was doing to himself. It was one of the only ways he felt any release. Harry knew it was bad but he didn't care anymore. He had tried stopping a couple of times, but when things would get rough he would start again. It was the worst habit Harry had ever picked up.

Dumbledore was no help either. The Headmaster of this great establishment, wasn't as great as Hogwarts itself was. Harry could never fully grasp how a school so majestic and beautiful could be lead by such an incompetent man.

Harry was lost deep in thought when Ron snapped him out of it. "Harry I've been calling your name for the past 2 minutes mate" Ron said, clearly annoyed "Sorry I was just thinking about the.. classes I took this year."

Hermione glanced at Harry as if she didn't believe him, but she let it slide. "So Harry I'm pretty sure you've already been notified about head boy yeah?" Hermione asked with a smile.

"I haven't actually, well for that matter no one except the head boy has been notified. He's the only one who gets to know. You should know that" He looked at her, scanning over her shocked face.

He didn't even bother asking how she knew who head boy was because somehow Hermione just knew everything.

"Harry it's you, I found out because Dumbledore said you hadn't responded to him yet, but congratulations" she continued looking at Harry while Ron looked completely dumbfounded as if he had no idea what they were talking about. "Oh I did get a letter I just never got around to reading it." He shrugged. Harry hadn't read it because he saw who it was from. Usually when he would get letters from Dumbledore, it was bad news. "Who's head girl?" He asked, wanting to know who he would be sharing a dormitory with.

"For once I actually don't have an answer" Hermione said, looking defeated. "I don't care about head boy or girl or whatever I'm just hungry" Ron said looking down at his stomach. Ron had given up on his dreams of being head boy a while ago.

"When are you not hungry Ron?" Hermione looked over at him laughing. "Ha Ha very funny 'Mione" he said sarcastically.

Harry smiled and turned his attention to the glass and wood that separated his seating area from the narrow hallway on the train. Draco passed by, he never did that. Not that Harry was paying attention to Draco or anything. As he passed by, he looked down to Harry. Draco would not make eye contact, he looked at Harry's nose instead. Harry watched Draco's every move in that moment. It was so intriguing to watch Draco try to find somewhere to look.

Draco narrowed his eyes and made a rude gesture with his hand. Harry rolled his eyes and turned back to his friends. Draco continued walking.

The train came to a halt at Hogwarts. They had finally arrived. Harry couldn't be more excited to get into his new dorm. Considering he was head boy his dorm would be larger but also smaller with just two bedrooms, one common room, and a study. Harry liked the thought of having his own quarters. Not having to share with anyone. The only thing nagging at him was the question of 'Who is head girl?'

They got off of the train, grabbed their stuff, and made their way up to the Gryffindor dorms. Harry saw one of the only openly gay couples holding hands, Louis and Harry, a Gryffindor and a Slytherin. Harry never understood how one could have so much courage. To be so open.

Harry wasn't put in his new dorm because the feast in the Great Hall where the announcement of Head boy and girl hadn't happened yet.  Ron and Hermione unpacked and got comfortable.

Harry did not, considering he wouldn't be staying there. He just wandered around the housing he had called home for so many years. It hurt him to have to leave it, but it was also so freeing to know he would have his own dorm. Well sort of his own dorm. The thought of being without his friends scared him. Harry never really enjoyed meeting new people. Having to live with a new person was most definitely going to be quite an adjustment for Harry.

What if this person was secretly evil and plotting Harry's demise? What if this person acts like a friend just to betray him? What if this person just doesn't like Harry?

Those were some of the many questions running through the miraculous mind of Harry Potter in that moment.

They put their robes on and lounged around the Gryffindor common room until it was time for the feast. "I'm gonna miss having you as a roommate Harry" Ron said looking up at the ceiling.

"Ron don't go all sappy on me...but I must admit I'm going to miss being your roommate as well" Harry smiled and adjusted his glasses. Ron and Hermione both looked a bit sad which was understandable. They were upset because they knew that they couldn't be with Harry as much, but they were also so extremely happy for him. "The feast is starting in approximately 7 minutes we should start making our way to the Great Hall" Hermione said getting up and fixing her robes. "Finally I'm starved" Ron said walking ahead of Hermione and Harry.

They arrived in the great hall and took their seats. They had arrived just in time. Dumbledore had just finished giving one of his boring speeches to the first years. Harry caught a glance of the Slytherin table where he met eyes with a certain Slytherin, Malfoy, who was staring at him with a look of arrogance as always. Harry found himself admiring the platinum blonde hair atop his head and his rosy red lips. He caught himself and tore his gaze away from Malfoy. Harry was straight. Right?

He looked back to his own table questioning what the bloody hell he had just done. It was odd how often Harry caught himself taking a peek at the Slytherin Table. It's not like it was for anyone certain. Harry looked back to see if they were causing any trouble. Yeah that was it, that was the excuse Harry was going to go with for today.

Harry cleared his head and began talking to Hermione and Ron. Well sort of Ron, it was a tad bit difficult to talk to him because he was too busy shoving food into his face like his life depended on it. Harry looked up at the front of the hall to see Professor Mcgonagall, Flitwick, Snape, Sprout, and Dumbledore. Hagrid was also sitting up there in between Snape and Mcgonagall. The Head's of all the houses, Hagrid, and of course Headmaster.

Dumbledore finally spoke again and everyone looked up and silenced. "I will now be announcing this year's head boy and girl." There was a pause so everyone could cheer for the headmaster. Dumbledore bowed his head graciously and adjusted his glasses.

"Except this year it seems we have a dilemma, or shall I say a..slight change" Dumbledore looked around at all of the children staring back at him. The students all quietly murmured amongst themselves.

"Calm your murmurs students..this year we don't have a head girl.." the students were now completely confused and lost.

Harry was questioning what was happening?

Would he have his own dorm?

Would he have to be all alone?

Harry could not stand to be alone. He also could not stand to meet new people. It was a constant internal battle within Harry. Meet new people, or be alone. He could never decide

His thoughts were interrupted by Dumbledore.

"..It seems we have two head boys." Hermione, Ron, Harry, and just about the rest of the Hall gasped. "Yes, yes I know it is surprising but this is the decision we've made." Dumbledore spoke. "Now for who they are..We have.." The whole hall was watching Dumbledore impatiently. "Mr. Harry Potter"

There was a pause for applause. Harry couldn't even begin to care about the applause he just needed to know who the other boy was. Hopefully not some insufferable git. With his luck it most likely would indeed be some insufferable git. Probably some Slytherin who loves to wreak havoc and bully people. Harry prayed it wouldn't be a Slytherin. Anything but Slytherin.

"The other boy is.." Dumbledore had all the student's full attention. He paused a moment to create a murderous suspense, which indeed was killing Harry. Students were murmuring, like usual extremely confused. Dumbledore usually left the whole hall completely confused. His words were always riddles. The hall fell silent again when Dumbledore cleared his throat to continue speaking.

"..The other head boy... is Draco Malfoy"

~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:

Hi ! This is my first story I hope you are enjoying it so far !! This chapter is short because it's sort of an introduction chapter for the story! the other chapters are much longer!! Okay that's all have fun reading !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 845 28
I do not own Harry Potter. This is HarryxDraco fanfic. It's a DRARRY if you don't like it then please don't read it. ***** "Harry?" Draco called out...
3.6K 163 21
"Wishing on dandelions all of the time" After the war, Harry is alone and headed back to finish his last year of school at Hogwarts while feeling not...
20.7K 452 14
Completed!!!! A sequel will be delivered if you wish for one. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters nor The Battle Of Hogwarts. Nor do I ow...
170K 5.2K 26
"Umm I-I was uhh j-just leaving" I stuttered. {why am I having trouble speaking? especially to Malfoy!} He looks me up and down and I some how feel e...