Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]

3.3K 186 15
By Vanshika231

"Caitlyn will serve me dinner." His voice boomed throughout the hall, breaking the glass silence. 

I was sitting leisurely at the dining table checking out the design of the hall of his - our house, as he says. I was waiting for the food to be served eagerly so that I can stop the grumbling of my starving stomach.

It was all peace. Until he opened his alligator sized mouth. 

"What did you say?" I spewed out in utter annoyance and pure disbelief.

Why in the world would I serve him?

"Serve me food." He ordered calmly again as it was the most obvious thing in the world, titling his head to the food.

"I am not your maid." I whistled coolly and shrugged. 

This whole day, whole day, I was going ballistic due to pain and anger. I only had breakfast with my brother and here he was ordering me around like I was his servant.

Fudging piece of shit.

"No, you are not. You are my wife." He shrugged casually while drumming his fingers on the table impatiently.

"It is not my work to serve you." I bit out, shaking my head as I licked my dry lips. The water was getting above my head now.

"It is your duty," He averted his gaze to maids around us, "Privacy."

They all left the area within a blink of eye.

I took the bowl of rice and served myself. And then, I took the bowl of curry and poured some into my bowl.

I took both of the bowls of curry and rice with myself to him. Actually, the dining table was very long so earlier I had seated myself far away from him. Seems like i shouldn't have.

I placed the bowls in front of him.

"Serve yourself." I turned with this to continue with my dinner.

A hand latched on my wrist, stopping me on my tracks. I closed my eyes to calm my nerves and smiled fakely.

"Leave my wrist." I spoke softly, looking him into the eyes.

And, he did.

But. There is always a but to a story.

He put his hand on my waist and with a strong pull, pulled me onto his lap. I squealed due to shock, grasping his shoulders with my hands.

"Are you out of your mind?" I shouted at him.

I tried to get out of his steal strength grip but it only resulted in him pulling me more tightly towards him. I gasped as our chests came in contact, making me immediately make some distance between us by putting my hands on his chest.

"You can act all strong you want but at the end you are a woman who needs the shoulder of her husband." he hissed.

I dumbly kept looking at him with my fierce gaze. I remembered my plan which I made. To act accordingly with the situation.

If situation demands to follow his commands, I will. If situation says to comeback with a fierce reply, I will.

"Leave me, please." I spoke humanly.

"I thought why not eat together today?" He spoke amusedly with the infamous smirk of his.

"Can I atleast sit on a chair?" I asked humbly, my face hurting from clenching my muscles. I tried hard to not to scowl and got almost successful. 

He narrowed his eyes instantly, arching his left eyebrow.

"Why are you acting all submissive wife, all so suddenly? Are you playing with me?" he asked in a low whisper darkly.

"I am hungry and tired." I sighed tiredly.

He said nothing but started serving food in his plate. He took out two spoons and handed me one.

I started eating without waiting for him. He took a minute gazing at me as I ate. I was nervously eating. I sighed in relief when he started eating. From the same plate as mine.

I was uncomfortable sitting in his lap. But I did not object. God knows, it may trigger him.

Luckily, we ate the food in silence. After that he gave me a napkin. I wiped my hands and face and looked at him because his hand was still at my waist.

"I am only your so called wife so, kindly leave me. I don't understand why the fuck did you even marry me?" I exhaled exhaustedly and glanced away,

His gaze hardened even more at my question. He turned his face to me, checking my face out.

"Go to sleep. You infuriate me everytime." He muttered under his breathe and left my waist.

I stood up instantly and huffed. This was a game which I had already begun Mr. Bradford and you would not even get a wiff of it till it comes to end.

♤■■■♤

I woke up all alone in a room. The only sign that he slept with me on bed was the remnants of his cologne on his side of bed.

I sighed happily, contented with my plan.

Today is an important day.

I checked the table beside my bed for water but there laid my phone with a note. Fucking Bradford.

'Do not forget to call m—our mother.'

This was the note. Eight words.

I rolled my eyes and get up to get ready for the day.

I threw the piece of paper in the dustbin and set the bathroom for my bath.

After a warm and relaxing bath, I was choosing my clothes. I pouted as I chose to wear a black colored off shoulder dress of mid - thigh length.

Am I late?

Hope not so.

Jesus, please, please only today save me from Jake. I will do anything but please save me.

Then a idea struck my mind. Why not call Cassandra and ask her to seduce her husband on phone?! She would help me change the mood of Jake.

I switched on my phone to see a message from Jake ' Waiting ' .

You can wait all you want. You love being in office. Your wife will change this today. You would be dying to go home and I would not allow.

I grinned happily and evily as I thought about my plan. I see, I'm getting pro at making plans.

I wore my sandle fastly. Picking up the watch from nightstand, I clutched its strapper on my left wrist.

I exited the room and the house in one go without looking anywhere. I rolled my eyes at him. My priorities, he would not tell me. I don't allow.

Dominant man.

I entered my car and called Cassandra. She picked on the second ring and I grinned restlessly.

"Hello, sweetheart. How are you?" her sweet voice greeted my ears.

"Hello Sandra, I'm all fine. What about you? How is the jelly belly?" I asked smiling in adoration.

"Well, I am fine. And about him, he is also fine. Just finds one or two things to amuse us. Jake is always so busy. Sometimes with his work and mostly adoring our son.", she complained through the phone.

"Oh poor." I grimaced.

Now I could understand, why Jake was getting moddy these days. Well, seemingly he was not getting any burn in calories from his wife.

"I am planning to lecture him one day. I am really gonna stop talking to him if he behaves like that. It is like he only wants our child, not me. Not like I don't love Adrian but I am upset with Jake.", She sounded hurt while my evil mind worked on its accord.

"Sandra, I have a plan." I chuckled and dug myself back into the seat, sighing.

"What plan?" I could hear her frown in curiosity. 

"Seduce him on the phone. Just now in the morning. And I will not allow him to leave the office before night. Trust me, this will work. But, do not seduce him when he is home. When he comes, you just go to sleep. Don't let him get his way with you." I narrated my plan to her.

"You are late for office today also, aren't you? That's why you called me, you clever bitch. Am I not right? Tell me." she guessed through the phone.

"Maybe you are right. Will you help me,please?" I shrugged and requested knowing she would already help me. She is such a sweetheart. She never denies to help.

And this time, she has to seduce her husband, Jake.

"I will do it just away. Talk to you later. It is time to do some actions rather than taking." she bid her bye in her silvery voice.

I tapped my foot impatiently, suddenly wanting to reach office just now to see Jake's reaction.

I started engine of my car and drove to the office, listening and humming to the songs on the radio station.

♤■■■♤

I entered my office and ringed the bell to Jake's office. He was taking his sweet time in coming. And I exactly knew why.

I ringed the bell twice, taping my foot and nails impatiently on my desk.

I waited and after five minutes Jake entered, blushing. He was blushing hard.

I bit my lips to stop the smile that threatened to escape my lips.

There were beads of sweat on his forehead and neck. He had his suit off, leaving him in shirt and under coat.

I was enjoying the view more than I should but it doesn't matter. The guy needs to learn to loosen up sometime.

"You are already here Cait? I think I am late today. Sorry I had some work in my cabin. I had many files to look into. I am being so lazy these days, I think." he started blabbering in nervousness like I had caught him having sex with his wife.

I bit my lip and inner cheeks to stop my lips from curving up.

"Jake, relax. It is not like you were doing something wrong that you should not do in office." I exclaimed sizing up his expressions.

As these words left my mouth, Jake's eyes widened for a second before regaining their normal size.

I laughed mentally at his reaction.

"Oh y-yeah. You a-are rig-right." he stuttered while rolling his hairs backward. 

I watched amusingly as he closed his eyes and opened again to regain his hard composture.

"I think I am unwell today, Cait. I should go home today. I know you can easily deal with those Japanese investors." he suggested confidentially.

I raised my eyebrows in mock surprise and changed my facial expressions to the caring one.

"What happened, Jake? Are you alright? " I asked knowing very well what has happened to him. Fever of someone. His wife.

"Nothing. Just a little fever. I should head home now. Bye." he sounded in a hurry and was about to exit from my office when I stooped him, almost pitying him. Almost.

"Jake, I'm not ready for the meeting. You were gonna do the meeting. Remember? " I talked in a professional voice.

He turned his face to me almost frustrated with my presence.

"You can do that. I know. Please do it today. I'm not feeling well today. I can also work on sunday if you want but not today." he countered desperate to reach his home.

I chuckled lightly and he raised his eyebrow at me.

"See, I am not going to do the meeting. I have other works. You handle this meeting and afterwards we have to discuss some important things regarding increament of employees. On your work now." I ordered biting my cheeks and opened my laptop to divert my gaze.

"Fuck you Cassandra." he cursed harshly. Loud enough for me to hear.

"Where did Cassandra come here from?" I asked in fake suspicion.

"My phone." after yelling this he left my cabin to work upon things I told him.

I laughed heartily after he left the office. I mentally praised Cassandra for making him this desperate. God knows, what did she say to him?

My phone ringed showing the name of Cassandra on caller's ID. I picked up the call on the first ring. I was desperate to know what she did.

"What did you to him?" I asked curiously as I wiggled my eyebrows, as if she was sitting in front of me.

"Wait! First tell me his reaction." she argued.

"He was blushing and stuttering like hell. What did you do?" I asked impatiently.

"Nothing more, just sent him some pictures of mine in lingere and had a nice dirty talk." she shrugged off in her pleasantly voice.

"Wow!" I breathed out.

"When I called him, he said he is a little busy and will call me later and then he cut the call. Then, I sent him some pics, after which you should have seen with the speed he called me back." she sounded so happy over the phone.

"Lucky me, I got saved from him today. Otherwise he would have lectured me like my dad." I said sighing in relief and contentment.

"Will you keep him there till night?" she asked sadly. I could tell her lips were pouted.

"I'm not keeping him here. He is just doing his work, as he says.," I said amusedly. I added in feign surprise and mocked, "Do you know he said he has a slight fever due to which he wanted to go earlier today, in months?!"

I laughed maniacally remembering the blushing Jake once again.

Along with me, Cassandra also laughed on the other side. But her laugh cut off in between by the voices of cries beside her.

"Sorry, sweety. But I will talk to you later. Adrian is feeling jealous of you. You are taking his time with his mother, after all." she said apologetically and chuckling at the end.

"No problem. Take care. And one more thing, just wait till Jake gets his hands on you tonight." I hung up after teasing her. She would surely be blushing now.

I averted my gaze to the walls and racks of my room. I pouted as I thought to have a meeting soon to know about the traitor who is helping Bradfords.

I wanted my parent's papers back without letting them know. I wanted my brother's innocence proofs. My phone ringed showing unknown caller ID. I thought for a second and picked up the call, exhaling loudly.

"Hello?" I asked in a professional voice.

"Did you call mother?" came a gruff, sexy voice.

I frowned confusedly as to guess who called me. Then it stuck my mind. Bradford.

"I was just about to." I said in a bored and innocent voice.

"You would have done, if you had her number, which you don't. And you say you were about to call her. Do you take me for a fool?" He asked furiously on the phone.

"Listen, just send me the number and I will call. There is no need for you to make this an issue." I said frustratedly in a stiff voice.

"Don't play with me, Mrs.Bradford. I know what you are playing at. I'm an old player, you will not be winning this time." He threatened.

"We will see." I challenged.

"Indeed, we will see. Call mother soon. You have two minutes." He ordered in his rough voice.

He hung up the call without listening to my answer.

I'm already done with his bullshits. I would have to do something fast. I cannot live with this person anymore, otherwise, I would go mad.

Soon, a message popped on my screen showing a number, which I saved in my phone and called without wasting any time.

And also I really felt bad for shouting at that sweet woman. I did wrong. But I have no guilt for doubting the upbringing of her son.

Soon, she picked up.

♤■■■♤

Some questions for you guys:

1. What rating would you give from one to ten?
2. What will you choose, Black or Red ?

Vote and comment, please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 49.4K 78
{COMPLETE} Kyla is arranged to be married to Vixen, a powerful mafia boss with an unbroken reputation. To the outside world, he's cold, hard, ruthles...
65.9K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
203K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
1.6M 50.7K 43
Isla King grew up wealthy, but not as wealthy as Billionaire playboy Arturo Calendri. The family company was being taken over by Arturo's greedy fath...