Midnight Melodies [yulyen]

By izparklez

a sequel to try As time passes by, fate brought them together again. Only this time, what are they going to... More

Hello, rain - 1
3, flower - 2
Cut!, skies - 3
Also, all - 4
It, fountain - 5
Lights, Insane - 6
I, Else - 7
We, Walk - 8
So, Fools - 9
Good, Reforget - 10
Keys, Breakeven - 11
Night, Words - 12
Ride, I - 13
Sun , Need -14
Come , Go - 15
Can, Happier - 16
You , Peaceful - 17
Our, 1 - 18
Miss , Sunflower - 19

Good, Night - 20

446 18 2
By izparklez

-

"Good?"

"Good? This is like more grand than my parties, nice job, Yena."

"Coming from Wonyoung .. I'm proud, like seriously."

"Oh Yena shut up, you've been busy doing the exact same thing for like an hour now."

"It wouldn't take an hour if you would get up and help us.. Yujin."

In a small clustered apartment no bigger than 800 square foot, 3 people were decorating the dull place to get a little more lively. But mostly it was Yena and Wonyoung who was doing their jobs properly. Yujin was just messing around and playing on Yena's computer at that time.

She was suppose to be cheering them on, but when she got bored she went raiding their fridge and scavenge into different rooms to find something to interest her. Yena knew this was going to happen so she had already locked the door to the studio. She doesn't want anything to be damaged there the most.

"Alright, all we have to do now is hide and wait.."

Yena said this but had to stop halfway through, at this point she realized all this time she was looking upwards to 2 giraffes. Yena then just shove both of them in a different room. Leaving Yena alone in the living room where everything was decorated, she turned off the lights and close the curtains. Yena then squeezes herself in between the gap behind the sofa.

Almost immediately, small noises could be heard from the other side of the front door.

The door opened slowly, followed by a sigh. Shoes were getting thrown on the floor, before the click of the light switched on, signaling that it was time to come out from their hiding spots.

"Surprise!"

The three hiding suddenly jumped out and completely shocked Yuri. Of course she wasn't expecting all this, and she wasn't even slightly prepared for a surprise party.

"Uhh, I think we broke her."

"Yuri..?"

"Yujin its your fault."

"Yena.. why did you say that?!"

While the three were still arguing over their failed(?) attempt of surprising Yuri, her round curious eyes were already sparkling onto the decorations and food on the table.

"Ohhh this is so nice, thank you everyone!"

She was tired from all the people she had to dealt with today, but somehow all of it got washed away in seconds of seeing this moment. Yuri ran towards the various things hanging up on the walls, most of them were phots taken together with each other. She scanned through each one while trying to think of the events happening on that day. Some gave a smile to Yuri, and some drained the smiles away.

-

"So, I'll go first."

"Alright miss Jang Wonyoung, take the stage then."

Everyone was assembled onto the dining table, after already finishing their deserved meal that Wonyoung kindly made. Yujin and Yena were forced out of the kitchen at that point onwards. If they were to even enter the kitchen Wonyoung was afraid all the food would be gone before then.

"Yuri, we've been friends for a long time and I'm grateful that we still are. You've probably already received my long message last night but there was one bit that I still didn't mention."

Wonyoung didn't look at Yuri when she said the last sentence, but instead the shy puppy that was opposite of her.

"Just thank me for being the best cupid and go, Wonyoung."

Yuri crossed her arms and leaned back onto chair. She was raising her eyebrows in proudness and was rolling her eyes over and over again.

"Okay enough my turn now,,"

Yujin who still haven't recovered from what Wonyoung just did, how dare she said that Yuri was how they both met, of course they were already fated.

The tall puppy struggled up from her seat. She finally got herself together and took a deep breath and put her hands together in a speech manner.

"Well, Yuri obviously is a good friend I guess, she's nice and helpful. She was always there when I was in crisis. Also a really good adviser too. Nothing much, just wish you to have a good life I guess, you deserve it."

"Lies, all lies. Secretly you wanna hit me so bad."

Yuri stuck her tongue out, and that was when Yujin couldn't keep it together anymore. She charged forward with a loose fist and hit Yuri in the head, but still being careful to hit her not too hard.

"Now that's what you get ungrateful person."

Yujin stuck her tongue out in return. They made faces towards each other making the other 2 guests in this show laugh until their stomach hurts.

"Enough, oh gosh. A mess."

"Alright then, you go up Yena."

Yena was trying to stop the two from fighting, until Yujin challenged Yena to go up and speak. But Yena just stood up calmly and sat next to Yuri's seat. She slowly grabbed her hands and slides her finger naturally into each other's.

"Yuri, first of all, happy birthday. It's my first time celebrating with you so I thought it should be special. Thank you for bearing with me through all this time. I know it would be worth it in the end. And lastly, I love you, Yuri."

"I love you too."

Yuri scoops up a small amount of cream from the cake and puts it on Yena's nose. She chuckled and then she laughed, so hard that Yena had time to do the exact same thing back.

"Aha, now we're equal."

All the way through, they didn't even think of letting each other's hands go.

The party was small so there wasn't very much activities to do. Most of the time they would take turns on the various games Yena had, but it seems like it was just Yena and Yujin that was playing. Yuri and Wonyoung just sat on the sofa next to them chatting. But mostly they just watched the two having fun, that easily made them have fun too.

-

"Thank you for inviting us, we enjoyed it."

"We'll see you again pretty soon anyways."

"See ya later losers!"

"You're the loser!"

After saying some partings, which they knew is not going to be too long. Yena and Yuri were faced with the consequences of tidying.

"Yena you go do the dishes, I'll clean the living room."

"It's your birthday, you go rest, please Yuri. Also I made this mess, I can clean all of it by myself."

Yuri knew Yena's intent, she was just being the Yena she always knew. Kind and wonderful. But Yuri was too happy to sit around doing nothing, after all, the person who enjoyed this party the most was herself.

It was the best birthday Yuri ever had.

"Oh yeah, you can go open the present corner if you want."

Yena shouted from the kitchen while she was cleaning the dishes.

Yuri's ears were so sensitive to the word present, her eyes widen even more from excitement. She quickly ran to the small corner of the living room, scattering around all the colorful boxes she received this year. As she opens each box, she gets even more exited for the next.

She spent the evening looking through every box reading through every cards and trying all the different gifts. Until she went through everything in that corner and it was left empty like before. Then she realizes something.

Her smile faded and her shoulders dropped down. Her lips started pouting and her eyes were blurry from all the feelings she had ready to burst out into tiny drops of rain.

She found out that Yena's present wasn't there.

"Yuri.. I know what you're thinking.."

Yena walked out from the kitchen and towards the small ball of sadness in the corner of the living room. Yena sat down on the floor and slowly turned Yuri around so they would face each other.

"Yuri, give me your hands."

Yuri shook her head and continued to look towards the ground. She was disappointed about what happened, but knowing Yena, she always have something up her sleeves.

Yena could only took a sigh, but after that she smiled softly. She reached into her pockets and grabbed out a small white box.

"Yuri.. I know what you're thinking. I wanted this to be special as I said, that's why I didn't put in the pile with everything else, as much as this is a birthday present. I felt like it was more than that."

Yuri didn't look up because she was being sad recently, but now she didn't look up because she was too embarrassed about her face being all red and her heart was beating too fast she was afraid Yena could hear it. And most of all, she was hiding her widest smile.

"Now give me your hand, please."

Yuri untied her crossed arms and offered Yena her right. Yena took it gently, opening her small box on her lap.

She carefully slides in a small siver ring. It sits in perfectly, like it was meant for Yuri all along. It had four hearts on it. Facing out each other to make a clover.

Yuri's heart was beating fast, is it truly because of the present Yena gave.. or is it because of Yena's warm touch that is gently holding her hands tight. Never letting go of it again.

"May I ask, why a clover? Yena."

"Because you're my lucky charm. Meeting you, I mean I basically won life, Yuri. Now please look up to me, you always look great anyways."

Yuri finally looked up, and hugged Yena tight immediately. Yena hugged back, while she slowly comforted Yuri by patting her head softly.

"We're both equal now, right?"

"Yes, yes we are. We've always been equal."

"You made a forever promise with me, and now I'll make a forever promise with you. On this day onwards and no matter how many years may pass, I'll love you, Yuri."

"I'll love you too."

They both let go of each other's embrace, heart pounding at the same beat. Starring into each other's eyes and were smiling at all the times they've spent together.

"So what did you wish for anyways."

"If I tell you it won't come true, Yena."

"Awww that's not fair, tell me a part of it at least?"

"No!"

Yuri got up and ran away from Yena, but of course Yena was way faster than her. So she got caught in no time. Yuri was wrapped inside Yena's warm hug in the end.

"Let me go!"

"Not until you tell me what you wished for."

Yuri was trying to escape Yena's grasp by moving around, but she failed badly. Not because of Yena's strengths of holding Yuri tight, but because of the fact that they were millimeters off each other's sweet touch. Yuri starred at the treat that was whining in front of her. Yuri's head suddenly turned blank, and a sentence escaped her mouth.

"You have a bit of cream on your mouth, Yena."

"Oh really? Would you mind wiping it off for me? Your hands are free."

Yuri didn't need her hands to wipe them off, in fact there was actually nothing on Yena's mouth in the first place.

The strawberry shortcake that was supposed to be the sweetest thing on the menu tonight. But maybe Yuri had found something even sweeter than that. Something only her can get a chance to taste.

-

"Done."

"Ahh, I'll let you go now."

Yena was flustered about what had just happened but she decided to follow her instincts and stood away from Yuri for a while.
"This woman is dangerous, stay away from her at all costs, no matter how cuddly she looks right now." Was what Yena was thinking.

The night continued on, Yena finally finished clearing up everything, including all the decorations on the wall earlier. She sat down on the sofa, and fell asleep immediately because of the tiredness from today.

Yuri who went to kitchen to grab some water, walked out and saw her sleeping duck lying down peacefully. Yuri's head brighten up and she decided to do something.

"Well, I'll tell you what I wished for, Yena.

I wish to have these birthdays with you, for as long as I could. For as long as our midnight melodies ring the same heartbeat as each other.

I love you, Yena. I'll wish for the same thing every year from now on."

Yuri leaned in and kissed Yena gently on her forehead, and walked back out from the living room.
Little did she knew, after she left. Yena was smiling.

-

♪ FINNEAS - Let's fall in Love for the Night ♪

-

We're done!
Thank you for bearing with my words that are getting longer and longer ;O;
Told you it would have a good end -3-

Thank you everyone truly for reading this you deserve another star uwu ☆
And bonus for those who listened to the songs here's another star! ☆
I love you all dearly,,

See you next time bai bai (*'▽'*)

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231 79 6
Everything in Shan's relationship with Khal, his boyfriend, is almost perfect. But as things turned out, everything was a complete mess. Until in the...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...