Just Smile: A Naruto Fanficti...

jarodlikestowrite által

"Just smile, Naruto!" When he was six years old, Naruto Namikaze's life changed forever when the Nine-Tailed... Több

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Friend
Chapter 3: Prospect
Chapter 4: Failure
Chapter 5: Start
Chapter 6: Slash
Chapter 7: Warm Up
Chapter 8: Genetics
Chapter 9: Uchiha
Chapter 10: Crack
Chapter 11: Shatter
Chapter 12: Promotion
Chapter 13: A Year Later
Chapter 14: Whirlpools
Chapter 15: Scream
Chapter 16: Cult
Chapter 17: Future
Chapter 18: Plot
Chapter 19: Death
Chapter 20: Bright
Chapter 21: Sparring
Chapter 22: C-Rank
Chapter 23: Belief
Chapter 24: Glimpse
Chapter 25: Blend
Chapter 26: Fortune
Chapter 27: Rescue Part 1
Chapter 28: Rescue #2/Hatred
Chapter 29: Exams
Chapter 30: Of the Sand
Chapter 31: Hint of War
Chapter 32: Underneath
Chapter 33: Burning Love
Chapter 34: Demon
Chapter 35: Funeral
Chapter 36: Farewells
Chapter 37: Shadows
Chapter 38: Questions
Chapter 39: Descent
Chapter 41: Memories of Help
Chapter 42: A Promise
Chapter 43: Abyss
Chapter 44: Revival
Chapter 45: The Akatsuki
Chapter 46: Kumo
Chapter 47: Kage Summit
Chapter 48: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 49: Battlefield
Chapter 50: Checked
Chapter 51: Burning Steel
Chapter 52: Legendary Battle
Chapter 53: Duel of Fates
Chapter 54: The Second Sage of Six Paths
Chapter 55: Brothers
Chapter 56: Resolve
Chapter 57: God
Epilogue

Chapter 40: Dark

4.7K 145 79
jarodlikestowrite által

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sai walked through the gates of Konoha with Sakura in Naruto's arms, Naruto still covered in blood. 

Not a word was said on the trip there after Naruto returned to Sasuke and Sai covered in blood, his eyes never looking up from the ground. 

Waiting for them at the gates stood Tsunade, Anko, and Kakashi. Tsunade saw the way Naruto was carrying and tears flowed freely out of her eyes, trailing down her cheeks as they hit the dirt below. Anko covered her mouth in shock as tears gathered in her eyes while Kakashi looked on with a sad look in his eyes.    

"Iwa shinobi," Naruto whispered in a low tone just loud enough for Tsunade to hear him. She noticed his bloodstained clothes. 

"You didn't. . ." She trailed off. Naruto looked up, his dull gaze meeting Tsunade's honey brown. 

"I did."

"But a war," She whispered in a weak voice. "We can't handle another war, Naruto. . ." She understood the feeling of wanting revenge against enemy shinobi, having lost her younger brother and her lover in the same war. 

"There will be no war," Naruto replied as he fell to his knees, all of the energy leaving his body. "Because Iwa can't declare war." 

Kakashi's eyes widened as he realized what Naruto was implying. "What did you do, Naruto?" Naruto's eyes trailed down to Sakura's face. 

"It looks like she's sleeping." He whispered. Kakashi rushed forward and grabbed his younger brother figure by the collar, desperation clinging in his tone. 

"What did you do?!" He shouted. 

"The Hidden Stone is no more." Kakashi took a step back, shocked to the core at what Naruto had just said, looking at the blonde with horror-filled eyes. 

"You destroyed Iwa?" Anko asked him. 

"Not a single survivor," Naruto confirmed in an emotionless tone. "They didn't deserve any mercy." 

"What about the civilians?" Tsunade suddenly questioned, trying to get control over her own emotions. 

"Dead," Naruto replied. 

"Why?"

"Because I had the power to do so," Naruto said as he stood up. "Because they murdered my daughter." He met Tsunade's eyes. "And I will not tolerate a single person hurting my precious people. Those who threaten them will deal with me." 

"But you just destroyed an entire village!" Kakashi shouted. "There are proper ways of doing things!" 

"No, there really isn't," Naruto whispered in an angry voice. "Just because you failed to take revenge for Rin and Obito doesn't mean I will follow in your footsteps." Kakashi's eyes widened as rage filled his entire system. 

He dashed forward and collided his fist with Naruto's jaw, but to his dismay, the man didn't even move an inch. Naruto rose an eyebrow. "Oh? Is it my turn now?" In a flash he set Sakura's body down on the ground and backhanded Kakashi into the gates, a crack appearing in the concrete. 

"Don't lecture me on right and wrong, Kakashi. I've been apart of this shinobi world the moment I was born. I was never destined to live a peaceful life," He monologues as he approached Kakashi, who had since taken himself out of the wall. "This world took many things from the both of us, but. . ." 

He grabbed Kakashi by the throat, his Sharingan activated as he lifted the grey-haired Jounin into the air. "I've lost more than you can even imagine. Who are you other than my older brother to say there are proper ways of doing things?" He turned to everyone else, releasing Kakashi who collapsed to the ground, gasping for air, his hand massaging his throat. 

"There is no proper way of doing things in a world filled with such deceit and hatred that course through everyone's veins. Hatred doesn't stop flowing through a shinobi's veins just as blood doesn't stop being pumped by the heart. This is the nature of the shinobi, to kill or be killed." 

Anko walked up to Naruto and grabbed the Jounin in a hug, her head resting under his chin. "It'll be alright, Naruto-kun." She whispered to him. Naruto's eyes widened as the sudden contact with his girlfriend and like a dam, he broke.

"Why?" He croaked out, tears streaming down his face. "Why does everyone I love die?" Anko tightened her grip around the blonde. 

"I don't know," She answered honestly. "I'm so sorry, Naruto-kun." Naruto began sobbing uncontrollably as he clutched Anko as a lifeline, and in many ways, she was. Anko was his lifeline. 

Sasuke looked at Sakura's body and immediately fled, not wanting anyone to see him wallowing in sadness. Sai watched his adoptive father cry and felt tears prickle in his own eyes. He slowly raised his shaking hand and touched the tears that crawled down his face. 

'So this is sadness. It feels like getting hit by Sakura when she's angry.'  He thought to himself before turning to the Hokage, who watched solemnly as Naruto wept. "Hokage-sama," He began. "Please arrange the best funeral for my younger sister. She deserves it." 

"Of course, Sai." Sai then walked home to go bury himself in bed and sort these new feelings out. The feeling of sadness that lingered deep inside his chest, like a weight that kept adding more pressure with each passing second. 

Naruto sat on the couch, looking at a black t.v. screen as the sound of rain hitting the living room window filled Naruto's ears.

Sakura's funeral had ended five hours ago and yet he hadn't moved from this couch since he had gotten back. Why did fate hate him? Why was he so unlucky to be cursed with the death of all his friends. 

Why? 

Laying down on his side, Naruto closed his long since dry eyes, having wept all the tears he could hours earlier. He then let the darkness known as sleep consume his being and drifted into sleep. 

Naruto opened his eyes and found himself in the same grassy plains he had been dreaming of when he saw Sakura get crushed by two boulders. Had he seen the future? 

Then he saw Anko standing in the plains with a sad smile spread across her face. "Don't you dare take her away from me!" He suddenly screamed as he burst forward. He grabbed Anko, who didn't even react to his presence and began running. "Wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up!" He repeated over and over again as he ran in a random direction. 

He ran for miles, not stopping as he held Anko close to his chest. After what felt like hours of running, Naruto stopped, panting slightly as he fell to his knees, still holding Anko. 

Then, a thick mist encased both of the Jounin and Naruto's eyes widened as the implications. Mist? Why Mist? 

Mist loved him? So why would Mist try and kill Anko? 

The mist began swirling around him like a tornado with several people crying and wailing in the background, but no one that Naruto could hear. He clenched Anko tighter to his chest but found she was no longer there. 

"No!" He shouted hysterically as he went to perform a jutsu, but his own chakra chains sprouted from his back and wrapped themselves around the blonde as he struggled helplessly. "NO!" He screamed in agony. 

Then, as soon as it came, the mist faded from existence and Naruto was left wrapped in his chains with Anko's dead body laying right in front of him. Naruto's eyes widened, his pupils shrinking as his eyes turned bloodshot, his Mangeykou activating as he furiously struggled against the chains. 

"NO!" He protested as he jerked back and forth. "Please, don't take her from me! She's my salvation! Please don't take her from me! Please don't! I love her please don't take her from me!" He screamed, his voice turning hoarse from the sheer intensity of his volume. 

He fell to his knees and looked at Anko's body with tears falling out of his eyes. "No, please!" 

Naruto sat up from the couch, panting hard as sweat trailed along his forehead. He gripped the cushions of the couch and grit his teeth, pain echoing throughout his heart. "I will save you, Anko-chan." He whispered. 

"I promise. I'll do whatever it takes to save you!" 

And done. How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me! 

ALSO 

I'm about to stream some Minecraft Twitch, so if you wanna watch then follow this link: twitch.tv/jarodlikestowrite

If you don't feel like watching, a follow would be appreciated greatly! I want to reach fifty followers before I go to bed today, which is in like sixteenish hours? So yeah. 

Please go follow me on twitch, you don't have to watch but I'd love you forever if you were to follow me! Who am I kidding I already love all 4,566 of you! 

Thanks for reading my stories and please follow me on twitch! 

Anyway, enough self promo time to publish. heh heh

Til next time my lil demons! 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

71K 1.7K 47
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
112K 2.5K 34
It's been 19 years since that tragic incident....19 years since Menma and Narumi were known to be the only children of Minato and Kushina. But on a f...
609K 14K 68
Cover made by: DarkRose--Chan What if there's finally someone who cares about Naruto? Like a friend? Or a twin sister? ----------------- Twelve years...
355K 8.5K 32
Fake emotions Fake smiles And a mask All of them hide the pain and suffering I went through and the loneliness I feel. My name is Naruto Uzumaki, a...