Love & Loss

By cannoness

ATTENTION: This is the SECOND book of my Vampire's Pet series and cannot be read as a stand alone book. ~~~ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
What's to Come
Update
Physical Copies!!

Chapter 79

120K 7.4K 3.9K
By cannoness

Khloe's POV:

"Wait what?" I questioned after hearing what the woman beside me said.

I was going to have to feed from Xander?

My face managed to warm through the constant chill my body now had at the thought.

The thought that the time for me to have to do this was finally here

This part of vampirism was the one I was dreading the most.

But my body was practically screaming at me that I needed it.

My newly acquired fangs were practically aching and my body throbbed in an uncomfortable hunger that I had never experienced before.

It was an awful feeling that seemed to slowly worsen and spread the more I did nothing about it and the only solution was clear on my mind.

"Say no more," Xander spoke without a single tinge of hesitation, rolling up the sleeves to his dress shirt.

My eyes widened at how easily he agreed.

Not that I was expecting him not to

I definitely didn't want to feed from a human, and I highly doubt that I ever will, I knew that I couldn't have Nico here, so Xander did feel like my best bet.

Still, the thought made me nervous.

Not just the feeding Xander thing, but having Nico's entire family here to watch.

I already felt weird about his parents watching over me during all hours of the day.

But in all honesty, it did feel better having him here.

He wasn't Nico, but he was still someone that I had grown close to.

I kept my eyes on him as he approached, a small smile lifting his lips.

"Why do you look so nervous?" He asked in that calming tone I'd heard from him before, "You know I owe you this." He finished with a knowing look.

I exhaled a small laugh while his parents sent each other a questioning look.

Trying to repress what I was feeling all over my body, I spoke.

"This is all just... new and a little scary," My voice couldn't come out nearly as powerful as I wanted it to.

All these new feelings, new senses, not to mention the claws that I just barely got to go away.

It was basically just a completely new body that I barely knew how to control.

His brows rose for just a second before he turned towards his parents.

"Can we get some privacy?" He asked.

They looked at each other for a couple seconds before his mother nodded, gesturing for him to take her place.

He did without another word, holding an arm around my shoulder, and I had to fight to contain myself again.

While the Lord went to retrieve Xander, Caroline explained that once those vampiric instincts get settled in my body, that all of this will actually get worse.

But she followed it up with that once the transformation was complete, I'd have Nico to help me physically through all of it.

I just need to stick thought it until then.

Caroline walked over towards her husband, interlocking their fingers before heading to the door.

"Take all the time you need, we'll be right out here when you're done." Was the last thing she said before shutting the door.

I felt myself physically deflate as she did, like I was holding together some sort of guise in front of them.

A guise of not freaking out 100% of the time.

Xander noticed this immediately, tightening his grip so that I was leaning against him.

I gripped his shirt on one hand as he even shifted my legs so that they were over one of his.

I first noticed that he too, was now ridiculously warm.

Xander made sure he had a secure hold on me as my internal panic and worries finally began to surface themselves.

I found myself practically clinging onto him as it progressed.

My need for familiarity while everything around me was changing momentarily overpowered my need for blood.

And luckily that comfort in this familiarity was enough for me not to lose control of my new senses.

"Talk me through this Khloe, I know this has to be terrifying for you but you can talk to me."

"I'm just really glad that you're here," I admitted, "All of these changes with two people that I didn't know well before all of this, the whole fiasco before all of this, Nico," my voice cracked at just saying his name, "Nico thinks I'm dead, I can barely control the changes of my body I just..." My words died and I just sat there as a sniffling mess while he lightly rubbed my arm.

"I'll be here as long as you need Khloe, while Nico's...unavailable, I've got you. I can't imagine what this must feel like, but trust me when I say that we'll all be here and take care of you through this until Nico can take his place."

I nodded against him, knowing that his words were true.

"But, until then," He paused, shifting the arm he wasn't holding me with towards me, rotated to that the bottom of his wrist was facing up, "I know you're not too hyped about this, but your body needs the blood and you'll absolutely feel better after that."

I eyed his wrist, tracing around my fangs with my tongue.

They were a lot sharper than I thought they'd be. I had already pierced the inside of my lip and tongue with them a couple times.

"I'll walk you through all of it."

I just nodded, shifting myself with Xander's aid into a straighter sitting position and lightly grabbing his arm.

This was still so weird. Holding someone with a beating heart, and knowing that they were your next meal.

Yet he was so calm about it.

"So... here?" I asked timidly, looking up to see his answer, as I traced the protruding vein on his arm.

"Mhm," He confirmed, "That would be your best bet unless you really want to get me back. You can always just bite me where I bit you." he said, a bit of sarcasm.

Shock hit me for just a moment before I actually found myself laughing.

Truly laughing, and having someone to laugh with.

It felt like something that I hadn't don't in forever despite it being only a couple days.

I hadn't yet done it with these new modifications to my body and it felt great.

"That feels like so long ago."

"And I've felt bad about it ever since."

I shook my head, looking up to meet his eyes, "Don't, especially not now."

His smile softened with his eyes.

"I'll accept your forgiveness as soon as you take my blood."

I took in a deep breath, both to calm myself and to keep the bloodthirst back.

"So I just... Bite?"

"You're gonna want to try to bite right at the middle of the vein, and you can actually feel the pulse against the skin through your fangs. Even if you're off by a bit, it'll be fine. Then, to give the blood an escape route, you can twish your head forward or back. The wounds will stay open as long as your fangs are in."

I listened to each of his words carefully, already trying to plan out how I was going to do this.

But knowing what I did already, bloodlust tends to take over once you get that first bit of blood in your mouth.

I swallowed hard, prepping myself as I stared down at his wrist again.

"A-and how much?"

"As much as you need," He consoled, rubbing his hand against my shoulder now, "I don't exactly run out so... You'll know once you've had what you need."

I bit my bottom lip, carefully avoiding the fangs that replaced my canines as I continued to mentally prepare myself.

Finally, I slowly brought his wrist to where I could reach it.

And I guess he could feel some tension building in my body because his free hand lifted to gently pet my head.

"Relax dear, it's just a vampire bite."

I breathed out a laugh at the familiar words, but completely different circumstance.

It oddly worked in easing my nerves just a small bit.

With that, I opened my mouth and tried to find the vein we had set on.

My bloodthirst nearly took over again the second my fangs hit his skin, but I miraculously managed to hold it back for just a little longer.

Just like he had said, I could feel his pulse. It was like feeling his heartbeat going through my fangs and up to my brain, and it grew stronger until I found what I believed was the center of the vein.

I squeezed my eyes shut, having dreaded this pet more than the rest, before biting down.

I felt the muscles in his arms tighten, but he didn't make a sound as my fangs pierced into his skin.

Just the feeling itself relieved the ache in them, but the action still twisted my stomach.

Xander's hand ran up and down my back as I took a few seconds to prepare for the next step.

After a short countdown in my head, I jerked my head forward just a bit and felt as the first drop of blood hit my tongue.

My whole body tightened at the first sip of its newfound life source, my hands tightening on his arm as I took more.

The blood didn't have the metallic taste that I had experienced in the past, it tasted like something that I can't even begin to explain, but had a tinge of sweetness to it.

I could feel my heart begin to race, and my mind to become clearer and the aches and pains throughout my body steadily disappeared.

With every swallow I could almost feel it's warmth spreading across my body, filling it with the energy that I had lost.

Then filling my body with a strength I never knew I had.

For or a second it felt like this body was one that I fit in.

For a second, everything felt like it was okay.

Whatever this blood was doing to my body acted fast, and even forced my body to relax as the moments passed.

If this was what it felt to drink from a live source, I could see how people would get addicted to it.

I stayed like that for what had to have been a couple minutes, desperately gulping at his blood until I felt like I had gotten enough.

Carefully, I extracted my fangs, taking a moment to close the wounds the way Nico had done many times before.

After that I just sat there, my breaths heavy as I thought over what I had just done.

I just drank blood...

Like... A lot.

I looked down at where I had bit, picking my bottom lip and Xander healed the wound completely.

"Better?" He asked.

I just barely noticed how he wasn't holding me anymore. That I was effortlessly supporting myself.

"Yeah," I breathed out, still trying to process what had happened to my body during that, "That was... Wow..."

I couldn't even begin to explain it.

"Well, you certainly look better, plus the red eyes look good on you."

My head shot up towards the mirror on the side wall.

Xander's eyes followed, and he acted before I could say anything.

He stood and stepped in front of me, extending both of his hands, "Wanna see?"

I grabbed his hands almost instantly, hesitating for a second given the fact that I hadn't stood since this process began.

But, when he pulled me up, I only faltered for a second before standing on my own.

I wouldn't even think of that 10 minutes ago.

The power of blood for vampires I guess.

"Woah," Xander began, cutting me from my thoughts, "You got taller."

I looked up from my feet to see him, surprised to immediately notice that he was right.

By how much, I couldn't tell exactly, but enough to notice.

"Holy crap..."

This was so much to take in.

Even so, I walked with Xander over to the mirror, seeing how my eyes matched the color I had seen on the both of them.

Deep Crimson swirling within a pool of red.

Wow...

"Matches your hair almost perfectly," He pointed out.

I turned towards him, wrapping my arms around him again.

I wasn't as cold now, but he was still warmer.

"Thank you. For helping me today."

He returned the favor, holding me tight.

"If I'm the one who has to keep you and Nico going during this than I'll be honored to do so."

A small pin stung in my chest at his name.

"Take care of him," my voice came out quiet, "Please."

"I will," He assured, " I won't let anything get in the way of being able to call you my sister."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 628 23
She had lived a life that wasn't her own. Every decision was made for her. At the end of the day though, she was still the one with the blood on her...
122K 3.2K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
10.3K 436 24
He had lived every day as the one before. One after the last the days blurred together. He wanted nothing more than to find something to live for. To...
2K 76 37
(( NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY ON AMAZON)) Vampire love story with lots of twists and turns, I hope you enjoy it!! Life wasn't too bad for Willow, she had j...