I'm Breaking

By hagushzah

(If you wanna save yourself from the terrible writing of this you should go and read the rewritten version.) ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Authors Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors Note
Chapter 37
Authors Note
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Last Chapter

Chapter 16

803 40 5
By hagushzah

Alexia's POV:

School has begun. I was kind of excited but also not too much. I'd rather spend time with Hailey and my family but I guess that's done now.

I went there with my car and took Elena and Olivia with me. They have their own cars but it's easier and we save money for gas.

"I don't want to gooo." Olivia whined. She's been like that since we left.

"Liv shut up! You still have it easy." Elena exclaimed. Poor thing she has it hardest this year.

"Jeez chill." Olivia said quietly rolling her eyes.

"So you guys know where to go and I'll see you." I said. I love my sisters but that doesn't mean I have to stay with them at school.

I went to my homeroom and got my schedule. It was as expected only 2 classes. Easy.

"Oh my god Lexi!" Yelled my friend Riley.

"Hey Riles." I said and hugged her. I don't know her that long. I actually didn't have that many friends.

I was what people may call 'popular'. But I really didn't care about that. I always had people around but only a few of them I call actually friends and even those people I don't trust completely.

"So how was your summer break? How's Jacob?" She asked. Well now comes the breaking news.

"I broke up with him." I shrugged. Riley looked pretty funny, like jaw dropped.

"Why?" She asked after coming out of her daze.

"I just didn't like him like that anymore. It would be unfair to him." I said. She nodded in understanding.

Riley was the only one who I would consider a close friend. I almost trust her with everything. A few things I wouldn't wanna tell her yet. But I am sure she would never try to hurt me or my loved ones so she comes close to a best friend. But that is taken by Hailey.

"Well you don't need that bitch." She said with a shrug. I laughed and we checked each other's schedule. We had the same classes which was cool. But I don't talk a lot in class anyways.

"So I don't wanna upset you by asking but I heard Hailey is out?" She asked cautiously. Yeah she knows about Hailey. But she only knows what everyone knows.

"Yeah. She got out a few weeks ago." I said. She nodded and looked at me smirking. Gosh here we go again.

"So? Does little Alexia still have a crush on miss Collins?"

I rolled my eyes. I won't tell her because I didn't want to tell anyone at all.

"No." I answered shortly. She just nodded not believing me.

School came to an end and I waited in my car for Olivia and Elena.

But someone else sat next to me.

"Jacob? What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked aggressive.

"Why did you tell everyone you broke up with me?" He said. Is he stupid? Because I did.

"Well for starters I only told Riley and she wouldn't tell anyone. And secondly even if I did I wouldn't have done anything wrong because I did break up with you." I said. He looked really mad now. I'm a bit scared.

"You're playing a dangerous game." He said. I furrowed by brows in confusion.

"What are you talking about. Get out Jacob." I said. He scanned me before getting out.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. Just in time Olivia and Elena got in the car.

"Lexi are you alright?" Asked Elena. I guess I looked a bit startled.

"Yeah Yeah I'm fine." I said and drove out of the school parking lot.

Hailey's POV:

The girls all went to school. I decided for today to talk with Anne and James first about my companies and then about how I can help them.

So we were in their office talking about it.

"So Hailey let's get down to business. You already know your choices. I will now tell you what I would do but it of course is your decision." James started off. I think I already know what I will do.

I nodded for him to continue.

"So the merging thing could either go great or bad. It could be that people would dislike it. In fact your parents were kind of seen as rivals even though they were married. Or people who are against one company would maybe see it as better because the other is included now." He paused. I took in the information. It's exactly what I was thinking.

"So that's why merging wouldn't be my choice. However selling one of the companies wouldn't be a choice for me either. Leaving you with the choice to try and run both. That's what I would do. I'm sure you favor one of the companies. That would be your main focus and the other would be run by someone else but it's still completely yours." He finished.

Now that would be my choice normally. But I will probably merge with their company to help them. Like one of the companies I own will merge with them.

"You've made great points. I'm torn between 2 options. I will tell you after we've discussed a different matter." I started of.

Anne looked confused and James did as well.

"I have learned everything as you know. So I also know that you've encountered problems and are losing more and more money." I said. They looked now kinda sad and... embarrassed? That's nothing to be embarrassed of.

"So I wanna help you." I said. They looked at me weirdly.

"Hailey dear, that is very thoughtful but it's our problem you don't need to deal with that." Anne said. I shook my head.

"Yeah you don't need to deal with my PTSD as well but you still do. Consider that a thank you." I said.

"Hailey we can't accept that." James said.

"You know it's the least I could do. Do you even realize how much you helped me? You two are the parents I never had. James, you were the one who taught me how to repair a car even though I was only 11. Anne, you taught me how to cook. You guys did more for me than my parents ever did. It's not like I care about their companies. I'm grateful that I don't need to worry about money and a job but that's the only thing they ever did for me." I finished. They both had tears in their eyes.

They both hugged me and thanked me a lot.

After we hugged for a few minutes James spoke up.

"Well... how do you plan on helping us?" He asked. And I knew exactly how to answer.

"Well you guys can choose. You can either take one of their companies. Or merge with on of them. Which I wouldn't recommend. Or I could just invest in your company which would probably prompt a lot of other companies to do the same." I finished.

Not to brag but by the way my companies are now the biggest in this state.

Anne and James seemed to think.

"If it's alright with you it'd be great if you'd invest. I don't think it's smart to take on of your companies. And merging really could go wrong." Anne said.

"I would have chosen the same." I said.

So I finished it all and invested a lot in them.

After that James spoke up again.

"So what are you gonna do?" He said referring to the companies.

"Well my main focus will be my father's company. Mainly because my grandma is the one who made it one of the best. So in honour of her I will keep it great. My mother's company will still be run by the people who are in charge right now. They do a great job and I know them." I said.

They smiled at me.

"You're a great kid Hailey. I hope you know that." James said.

I hugged them again.

"So now I wanna ask you something I've been dying to know." James said excitedly.

I raised one eyebrow in question.

"Are you in love with Alexia?" He asked smirking. Anne smirked as well. Runs in the family I guess.

My eyes widened at the question.

"Uh..." I didn't know how to answer.

"I knew it! Don't worry Hails we'd be over the moon when you two get married." Anne said.

I choked on air. Married?

"Oh look she is all flustered." James teased.

That's all they did on the way back home. Tease me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726 5 18
Dee has always been that one weird kid. Nerdy, clumsy, awkward, has anxiety and hiding big secrets. When her older brother Patrick starts dating a gi...
86 0 42
In a dystopian world where society has long since evolved to perfection, those born are given an examination test to see if they pass the biological...
3.9K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
17.1K 749 25
Riley is that kind of girl that doesn't give a fuck about school or about what others think, that loves to do her own thing and that always gets in t...