Fading Into Darkness [ON HOLD]

By BackFromHell

After disobeying their parents' rules and crashing a party, twin sisters Bella and Paige are sent to St. Forr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Paige
Chapter 2: Bella
Chapter 3: Paige
Chapter 4: Bella
Chapter 5: Paige
Chapter 6: Bella
Chapter 7: Halloween [Part 2] Bella
Chapter 7: Halloween [Part 3] Paige
I M P O R T A N T N O T E

Chapter 7: Halloween [Part 1] Paige

446 18 12
By BackFromHell

A/N: Hello Everyone :) Sorry for the extreme late update. This time I’m not even going to say that I’ll update sooner next time—cause I always end up not doing it :/ Sorry once again. This is the first part to the Halloween chapter :D There will be 4-5 parts for the Halloween chapter.  I hope you like it...

  BTW, there is character banner of Bella on the multimedia :_)

V O T E

C O M M E N T

F A N

T E L L   O T H E R S

E N JO Y

________________________________________________

 Chapter 7: Halloween (Part 1)

-Paige’s POV-

Halloween. That was all people could talk about this week. The murmurs of anticipation that slipped out of people’s mouth as they endlessly chatted about the Halloween party. Apparently Halloween was a big deal for the students here. As I ambled through the corridors I could hear the animated conversations of the students.

  “So, Emily, what are you going to be?” A girl chirped.

  “A rabbit.” Another one replied.

  I didn’t know if that was sardonic comment or that she was actually thinking of dressing up like a rabbit. A rabbit? Who in the world would want to dress up as a rabbit? It was Halloween—an occasion where you dress up as horrific, terrifying things. Not rabbits! I swear, some people just don‘t get Halloween.

  Normally, every year for Halloween my friends and I would dress up as random things and then we’ll go to Jason Kane’s party. Jason and his brother would always throw a tremendous party for Halloween. They were legends at throwing parties. It was a privilege for even being able to attend the party. I, of course, was always invited.

  However, this year—due to certain circumstances (being sent to boarding school)—I won’t be able to attend his party. That truly sucks! Nevertheless, at least there is a party that I can go to. Kiara and I had already discussed what costumes we would be wearing. Like me, she was also very enthusiastic about Halloween. She had informed me about the previous Halloween costumes she had worn. And I must admit, I was impressed by her creativity. Last year she had gone as a zombie-ballerina. It was quite amazing. However, it definitely doesn’t beat my vampire-mermaid-pirate costume.

  Suddenly, I heard a crash, like someone had banged against the lockers. My eyes swiftly averted to a crowd that was forming. I quickly made my way there, shoving some people out the way. When I finally reached the centre I gasped. On the floor, almost bleeding to death was Michael Turner—a boy I met in my English class—and standing over him was Jake. He had a menacing glare, his eyes gleamed with anger as he towered the young defenceless boy.

  “You never say that again!” Jake growled, his voice dripping with venom. “Do you understand?!”

  Michael nodded, tears brimming at the end of his eyes. His hands trembled as he attempted to stand. However, the deadly glare that Jake was shooting at him pinned him down to the ground.

  I stared with wide eyes. How could Jake do that? I think he has some serious issues. I glanced around and noticed that everybody was rooted to their spot, and no one even tried to aid Michael, who was still cowering on the floor.

  “What happened?” I confidently said, striding over to Michael. Jake’s fury eyes flashed at me for a second. I knelt down next to Michael.

  “Are you okay?” I asked.

  People shot me incredulous looks. Jake looked absolutely murderous. I stared at him. His hands were clenched in a tight fist and his jaw was clenched.

  “What happened?” I asked again, this time looking directly into Jake’s fierce eyes.

  For a split second, I thought he was going to attack me. However, he somehow restrained himself from moving.

  “Paige,” Michael whispered, his voice was hoarse. I glanced at him. “We should go.” He said, his voice shaking.

  I aided Michael back to his feet. Jake had still not attempted to move; instead he fiercely glared at us. As soon as Michael was up, he whispered a little “Thanks,” and bolted away. The crowd had now dispersed, which left only me and Jake.

  “So, what happened?” I asked again, not willing to let this go.

  “That is none of you business,” He dangerously replied. However, I did not even flinch. He didn’t scare me.

  “I’ll ask you one last time, what happened?” I obdurately said, crossing my slender arms across my chest.

  He didn’t answer, nor did he move.

  “Okay the, don’t tell me!” I scowled. With one last, brief glance at him I sauntered away. I could feel his eyes on the back of my head, observing me. Next time, I’m not going to waste my time on him. He was nothing but a big bully.

**

  I entered my room. The first thing that came in sight was Kiara. She had on an elongated, ripped from the bottom, white dress with tow golden straps. Her hair was curled and tied into a rough bun. Her arms were covered in, what seemed like fake scars and scratches. Her lipstich were on anything but her lips and she had grey, piercing contact lenses.

  “Wow,” I immediately said. She glanced up from doing her half painted nails, while sitting on her bed. She smiled and jumped up to her feet.

  “So, how do I look?” She asked, twirling around, causing her dress to frail up a bit.

  “Stunning!” I grinned. “So, what are you meant to be?” I asked.

  “A Vengeful bride.” She replied. “So, do I look like one or not?” She asked.

  I nodded.

  “So, now let’s get you ready. What are you going to be again?”

**

  Kiara and I left our room at exactly eight o’ clock. We both checked once again that our costumes were alright and began making our way towards the party. Unlike last year, this year I decided to dress up as something simple. So, I settled on dressing up as a witch. I had a black, scruffy dress on, with matching black boots and a cloak draped around me. My face was pale white making my make up stand out.

  Unfortunately, my sister could not make it to the party; she had detention. What a lousy night to get detention on. Every time, either Kiara or I even utter the word “Halloween”, Bella would grunt in annoyance. It’s not like she likes Halloween; in fact I think she hates it.

  “This is so exciting!” Kiara exclaimed.

 “Why?” I asked. “You go every year.”

“I know that,” she said. “However, unlike all the other times, I actually have a female friend to o with. Normally it’s just Spencer.”

  “What’s wrong with him?” I asked.

  “Nothing, it’s just that he goes off and dances with other girls and leaves me on my own.”

  “Is someone jealous,” I teased, smirking. She flushed.

  “No!” She yelled, flustered. “Ewww. That is disgusting. He is like a brother to me.” She said, her face scrunched up in utter disgust. I laughed.

  “I was joking,” I chuckled.

  “Good.”

  “What about Sam?” I questioned, suddenly remembering our fourth roommate.

  “She doesn’t like Halloween.” Kiara replied, a frown on her face.

  “Why?”

  “She has bad memories,” Kiara shortly said. Bad memories? What did Kiara mean?

  After walking for awhile, we finally reached the auditorium, where the party would be held. Kiara opened the door and we entered in, greeting my ears with the noise of loud music. Students—even some teachers—were clattered around, swaying to the music. Some were wildly dancing. I heard Kiara squeal next to me, she grabbed my arm and dragged me to the dance floor.

  We danced for awhile, a couple of other class mates joining in every now and then. Spencer was nowhere in sight. Where could he be?

  “Where’s Spencer?” I shouted through the deafening music.

  “What?” Kiara yelled back.

  “Where’s Spencer?” I repeated, this time louder. She had finally seemed to hear me as she gave a shrug for a response.

  “Suddenly, from behind me, I felt two firm hands envelop my waist and rapidly pull me of from my feet. I shrieked in surprise, my heart speeding up. I heard a soft chuckle from behind me as I was slowly put back to my feet. I swiftly turned around to see a boy—Spencer to be exact—wearing a zombie mask. I wanted to smack that mask right off of his face.

  “Prick!” I exclaimed, doubting he even heard it. This made him howl in laughter.

  “Don’t worry Paige, he does that to everybody!” Kiara shouted.

  “Sorry,” Spencer apologized. However, I didn’t think he meant it as I could blatantly see the smile behind his mask.

  After finally getting over the small incident—if you could even call it that—Spencer joined us. As I glanced around the room, my eyes locked with Jake’s. He was standing next to the drinks, with a drink in his own hand. His mouth was set in a straight line, as usual. After a moment, he gave a fierce glare behind me. I turned around, my eyes landing on Kiara and Spencer dancing. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

  That’s it; I needed to know answers—now!

  I jolted towards Spencer and swiftly grabbed his arm, dragging him away from

Kiara.

  “Let’s dance!” I yelled, giving a fake grin.

  “Okay,” He replied, somewhat baffled.

  “Can, I ask you a question?” I asked. Before he could answer, I quickly said, “Tell me why you hate Jake.”

  He gave me a startled look. He certainly was not expecting that. After some time, he sighed. He gave a quick glance at Kiara before beckoning me to follow me. I trailed after him as he lead me out of the auditorium.

  “So, what do you want to know?” He asked, taking his mask off, revealing his solemn face and dishevelled hair.

  “I want to know why you hate Jake.”

  He sighed. “He used to date Kiara,” He finally said, running a hand through his hair, making it messier than it already was. I raised my eyebrows.

  “Is that it?” I dubiously asked. “So what, were you jealous or something.”

  He shook his head.

  “No. I just didn’t like the guy. He was new at our school a few years ago. He was labelled as the “Bad Boy” and apparently had a liking to Kiara.”

  “Is that a bad thing?”

  “Stop interrupting.” He chided. “Anyways, after a few weeks, he asked her out and she said yes. She obviously came and talked to me about it first. I strongly disagreed with it, however I couldn’t make the decisions for her, and it’s her life. So, I let her say yes. Bid mistake there!”

  “They dated for a few months—and she was happy.”

  “What happened then?”

  “He then got really violent. He used to get into fights—still does—almost twice a day. His attitude completely changed, according Kiara. I really didn’t know the guy to tell if it changed or not.”

  “So, Kiara broke up with him and that is why you hate him?”

  “No. There’s more.” He said. “Kiara didn’t have the nerve to break up with him, she liked him too much.” He added, making a face of sheer disgust.

  “And then, one day, in front of everyone, he decided to break up with her.” He said as his hands clenched into a tight fist. His face hardened, it looked like he could possibly murder someone. “He called her a slut, a whore and other horrible things. He wasn’t even ashamed of saying it. And she just stood there, taking it all in.”

  I stared at him, aghast. How could someone do that?

  “Unfortunately, I wasn’t there. But if I was, I would have seriously ended up murdering someone.” He strictly said. “So, now you know why I hate him.” Without another word he stalked away, possibly back to his own room.

______________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this part. In the next part you will get to see more of Chester! Thank you for reading and I would really love some feedback. :D

  So, now what do you think of Jake?

  What would you have done if you were in Kiara’s position?

V O T E

C O M M E N T

F A N

T E L L   O T H E R S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 41 18
this story is about two twins and they are transferred to an unusual school will they meet friends? or will they make foes? I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE PI...
52 14 13
The world is ending. The Earth is painted with the blood of humans. Only zombies and monsters roam the lands now. But in the last standing building...
94.2K 6.1K 30
It was 1965 on a late fall night a family just came back from dinner when they were slaughtered by two twin boys who died in that same house on that...
10.1K 521 12
Cassandra has lost her mom then her dad in a way and now her boyfriend what else could go wrong? Also she is starting at a new private school as her...