MHA oneshots

By _ImNotDaredevil_

A collection of one shots that come to me at random times. Mostly Kiribaku, with some cool AU stories in ther... More

Kiribaku
Dragon (Kiribaku)
UA Winter Dance
July 18th (Kiribaku)

Soulmates? (Kiribaku)

41 2 1
By _ImNotDaredevil_

Bakugou sat in his dorm room and stared blankly at his wall, trying to think. Even as one of the top students in his class, he couldn't seem to wrap his head around it. There was no damn way that stupid sh*tty hair was his soulmate.

In a world where people are born with superpowers, soulmates seem like just another normalcy. The way they worked was if your soulmate got hurt, a red mark imitating their injury would appear on your skin. You wouldn't feel the pain, but you'd feel a tingling sensation, and the mark would last as long as their wound did.

Bakugou also never noticed the tiny, almost invisible, red mark that had lived above his eye since he could remember. It matched perfectly with Kirishima's scar.

They were doing one on one training when Bakugou noticed it. Sero had taped up Kirishima, who ripped through the tape in order to attack, and Bakugou watched as the tape seemed to harm his left arm, maybe taking off some skin or ripping out hair.

Bakugou then noticed the tingling sensation in his own left arm. In the locker room, he stared in horror at the square red mark that he now bore, which matched Kirishima's injury.

He didn't know what to do. He couldn't let the red head see. Even an idiot could make the connection and figure things out. So, ever since school ended, Bakugou had been hiding in his room.

Then there was a knock at the door.

"Hey, blasty," said none other than the problem himself. "It's dinner, you gotta eat, man."

Of course. Of course! Kirishima, always putting Bakugou first, always watching out for his friends. Of course it had to be him of all people. Bakugou shook his head. No. It wasn't him. It couldn't be. There was a reasonable explanation for this. There had to be.

"Tch, I'm coming, hair for brains."

Bakugou composed himself and walked out into the hallway, meeting the smiley red head. The blonde shoved his hands into his pockets and walked while Kirishima talked as if they hadn't seen each other in ages.

"Man, your fight with Shoji was so cool! You've really improved your quirk and your abilities! I wish I was able to make such notable progress like you," Kirishima sighed at the end.

"Shut the hell up, sh*t face. You've progressed as much as the rest of us. Get that through your thick skull."

They entered the dining hall and sat down, waiting for the rest of their friends to show up. Kaminari was the first, followed by Sero and Mina.

Kirishima immediately clasped Sero's hand in his own. "Great match, dude!"

Sero mimicked the motion. "Next time you won't be so lucky," he smirked.

"You're on!"

There was friendly rivalry between the entire friend group. They cheered each other on, but if they were paired together, they never held back. It was a rule that was mainly enforced by Bakugou, but one they all respected nonetheless.

Kaminari smirked and playfully punched Kirishima in the shoulder. "I wanna have a swing at you, dude! What are you, like number five in hero training for our class?"

Bakugou ignored the tingling in his shoulder.

"I don't know what that match up would be like," Mina said. "Kiri, can you block the electricity with your quirk?"

Kirishima stared at Kaminari. "I don't think we've ever tried."

"Do it!" Mina smiled and stood up from her seat, edging the two boys on.

Kirishima hardened just his arm and held it out to Kaminari. 

"Hm, how about 200 volts?" The blonde smirked and let the electricity buzz to his hands.

He grabbed Kirishima's hardened arm, and both boys jumped when Kirishima yelped.

Bakugou ignored the tingling in his arm.

"Wonder why that is," Sero said. "He can avoid Bakugou's explosions but not Kaminari's electricity?"

"Because explosions only happen on the surface level, idiot," Bakugou finally spoke up.

"So you knew it wasn't gonna work, and you let him shock me?!" Kirishima faked being offended. "My own friend doesn't care about my well being! He likes seeing me in pain!"

"I wanna shock Bakugou now-"

"Try it and I'll blast you so far that you'll be nothing but a memory."

***

Bakugou had come up with the best plan he could. However, the boy had such little understandings of emotions that he didn't think through his friend's reactions to what he was going to do.

Bakugou has made sure the two were paired up for training that day, making sure nobody took Kirishima as a partner but him. He was going to make certain that this soulmate thing was a lie.

Kirishima smiled brightly as he jogged over to Bakugou's mat, taking a fighting stance. Bakugou didn't hesitate before he set off a large explosion, not giving the red head time to defend himself.

Kirishima yelped and stumbled backwards, holding his shoulder that was now singed. It wasn't bad, but the red head wasn't expecting it and was now in pain.

Bakugou got angrier when he felt the tingling on his shoulder.

Then he lost it, not thinking at all as he launched at the red head and mercilessly started to attack, losing sight of how scared and betrayed Kirishima looked. The blonde tackled Kirishima to the ground, sitting on his chest to force him to stay down while he yelled and kept trying to explode any part of Kirishima that he could. Kirishima had hit his head when he landed, so he was disoriented, but he managed to block his face with his hands and harden to protect himself.

Aizawa eventually had to use his quirk to break up the fight, sentencing Bakugou to detention and dismissing Kirishima to Recovery Girl's office. Kaminari sent a glare at Bakugou as he helped his friend out of the training center.

The class had gotten used to Bakugou's anger, especially after being in his class for two years, but they still moved out of the way as he exited the building, heading straight for the locker room.

He cursed himself out as he changed back into his school uniform. What was he thinking? He wanted to cause Kirishima pain, purposely, just to see if they were soulmates? What kind of selfish asshole was he? He had hurt his closest friend, his equal, and now he may never earn back his trust.

Maybe it was for the better. If Kirishima knew that they were soulmates nothing would be the same. Bakugou figured that Kirishima would cast him aside and tease him for thinking feelings would be reciprocated. Kirishima would never look at him again, and he'd lose the only person he ever respected.

Another awful part was that Bakugou knew he had feelings for his friend. He had worked so hard to suppress them and ignore how he wanted to smile when Kirishima was around. He ignored how loud his heartbeat got when Kirishima talked to him. He ignored how much he liked Kirishima's hair, up or down, and how it perfectly fell and framed his face after he got out of the shower. He ignored how much he had fallen for the red head in order to protect himself, but now he had done the worst thing.

He sighed as the rest of the boys pooled into the locker room. Sero went straight to his friend, questions on his mind.

"Hey, man, I know we don't hold back but-"

"Shut your face. I don't want to talk about it."

"No, actually. I mean, what happened? Did Kiri say something to you? You didn't even let him use his quirk."

Bakugou slammed his locker and stared at Sero angrily. "Because! I- f*ck!" He grabbed his back and left the room, heading to detention where he spent the next two hours.

***

Bakugou entered the dorm building and glanced at his classmates, who were seated around the living area in a circle. Then he spotted Kirishina, who had a bandage wrapped around his shoulder. Around his shirtless shoulder.

Bakugou couldn't take it.

He tried to quickly push past everyone but somebody called out his name, asking him to stay. Anyone would suspect Kirishima to do it, but it was in fact Midoriya, who was desperately trying to ease the tension in the room.

"Hey, Kachaan, do you want to play a game with us?"

Bakugou stared at his classmates, noticing a certain red head wasn't staring back. Mina was sitting next to Kirishima, looking angry and sad, and whispering in his ear.

Bakugou got jealous.

"Fine, whatever."

He joined the circle, sitting away from his usual friends and instead next to Todoroki, who he could endure for the most part.

"Oh! I have a question," Yaoyurozu smiled and clasped her hands together. "Do you think we have any soulmate pairs in the class?"

Of course she had to ask that question. Bakugou's stomach churned as he thought of what to do. The easiest thing would be to just stay silent, and stay neutral. So Bakugou scowled and watched the scene unfold.

"I have a suspicion," Kaminari smirked as he smacked himself in the face.

Most of the kids gasped at his actions, and somebody laughed when they noticed a red hand print appear on Jirou's face.

"Kaminari!" The purple hair girl scolded as the class cooed.

It was all in good fun though, and she wasn't too mad for too long. Bakugou was lost in his thought while a game of truth or dare started. He was only pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his name.

"Kirishima," Uraraka smiled, "do you have a crush?" She wiggled her eyebrows and the rest of the girls giggled.

Even though he wasn't as good looking as Todorki, Kirishima did still have admirers. Maybe a few girls in the class hoped that he would confess to them right then and there.

Kirishima was clearly flustered as he looked at Kaminari. "Oh, uh. Y-yeah," he chuckled awkwardly.

Bakugou scowled as he watched. It was Kaminari? Is that who Kirishima liked? A low life, dunce who didn't know what he was doing half of the time? Part of Bakugou was furious, but the other part was sad. What? Did he expect Kirishima to like him of all people? His anger issues and his superiority complex? The one who just beat him up for no reason?

Before he knew what was happening, Bakugou stood up and walked to his room, ignoring the protests of his classmates behind him. He didn't hear Kirishima, so he figured his hypothesis was correct. He was stupid, and now he had lost his soulmate.

***

One week passed and Kirishima and Bakugou hadn't talked. Bakugou was pretty sure the rest of Kirishima's friends were making sure there was no interaction, which made him angry. The rest of the class noticed too, how the red head didn't smile and greet him or mess with him at his desk, and they noticed how Bakugou seemed even angrier.

Midoriya even told Iida that this was comparable to their middle school days, when Bakugou was insanely egotistical and had no respect for anyone but himself. The class was scared of this new dynamic, but Mina, Kaminari, ans Sero had planted their feet.

Aizawa didn't let the two work together either, in an attempt to protect Kirishima. Bakugou watched angrily as Kirishima got ready for a practice fight with Tokoyami.

He shot a quick glare at Kaminari. It didn't make sense to him, somehow. Kaminari had confirmed he was soulmates with Jirou, yet Kirishima still liked him? Anger bubbled in his throat as he turned to watch the fight.

Kirishima had gotten quicker, and was able to maneuver around and away from Dark Shadow with more ease than he normally would. He still wore a small bandage on his shoulder, but he was completely mobile.

He ducked and rolled as Dark Shadow lurches coward, grabbing his hair. He winced as the shadow pulled him forward, trying to push him out of bounds. Kirishima hardened and dug his heels into the ground, but it was still hard to fight a shadow.

Bakugou scowled as he felt the tingling in his scalp.

Tokoyami was extremely powerful, but he still relied on his quirk, even in his second year. Kirishima just had to sneak around somehow. Dark Shadow didn't make the task easy, and he eventually grabbed Kirishima by the leg, forcing him out of bounds.

The red head panted as he shook Tokoyami's hand, congratulating him and complimenting his fighting. Aizawa gave notes while Kirishima grabbed a drink, talking to Mina.

Bakugou thought he saw the red head looking at him for a second, but as soon as he looked back, Kirishima's gaze was focused on Mina again.

Bakugou was up next, fighting against Yaoyurozu. Aizawa warned him before they fought, telling the blonde that if he tried anything he'd be reprimanded.

Bakugou tried to set off an explosion, but Yaoyurozu has managed to make a shield just in time. He growled and charged forward, using his quirk to propel him. He winced when the girl whacked him in the side with a baton she had made.

Kirishima's eyes widened as his side tingled.

Bakugou was up fast, deciding to force Yaoyurozu into close combat. She quickly lost her upper hand and was immobilized. Bakugou walked off the mat and caught Kirishima's eyes. They stared at each other for a moment before Mina grabbed Kirishima's arm and whispered something to him.

***

At dinner, Bakugou day by himself. He tried not to feel too lonely and ignored the laughter of his soulmate coming from across the room. His heart ached, and he hated being apart from him. His feelings were getting Harding to understand, and the blonde was worried he would explode again. He wasn't great at expressing his emotions, and since he'd already messed up so badly the first time, he decided to never try to express them again.

Then again, he wasn't expressing them. He was doing an experiment at the price of friendship and he neglected a plan. He just simply didn't think. Maybe if Bakugou had just asked this wouldn't have happened. But of course, he made a mess of things and screwed everything up.

Midoriya tried to talk with his childhood friend, but he was brushed off. The green haired boy knew that something was off, but he could only pester so much without being threatened with his life.

Bakugou was pushing everyone away like he had for years. He figured if nobody was around him, then nobody could get hurt. Yet stupid sh*tty hair had made sure he stayed, and now he was gone. Because of Bakugou.

He frowned as he buried his head in his hands, trying to stop himself from yelling or crying. He just wanted his friend back. He didn't care if it pained him to be around the red head, always longing for more, he just wanted Kirishima to acknowledge him again.

He looked up, noticing Mina and Kaminari we're gone, throwing away trash or something. His breath hitched in his throat as he watched Sero also leave the table. His legs just brought him to the red head without a thought. He had planned to be gentle, but that didn't happen.

Bakugou grabbed Kirishima by the shirt. "Outside. Now," he whispered.

The blonde didn't turn to see if his soulmate was following him as he left the cafeteria. He turned left, standing on the side of the building and waiting. A few seconds later, he heard the door close and saw Kirishina, looking confused and hurt.

"What the hell is this all about?" The red head demanded. "I...what's with you? Do you hate me so much that you were actually trying to injure me during training?"

Bakugou watched his friend continue to rant.

"I wanna make up with you but they won't let me. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but you're acting like I was Midoryia. You've never treated me like that. I thought that I was your friend, your equal-"

Bakugou pinched his arm before looking at Kirishima, who's eyes widened as he watched the blonde.

"What are you doing?"

"Arm," Bakugou demanded and held out his hand to take Kirishima's arm.

The red head for defensive, holding his arm tightly with his other hand and shaking his head.

Bakugou was quick, and shoved Kirishina up against the wall. He then carefully took Kirishima's arm and looked it over, seeing the small red mark that had appeared.

"No," Kirishima shook his head, "we're not-"

Bakugou didn't let him finish, but kissed him. He didn't know why, but it had just happened. He felt sparks, like something had finally clicked in his brain. This felt right. He was even more surprised when Kirishima kissed back, placing his hands on Bakugou's waist to pull him closer.

The kiss ended and Kirishima was the first to speak.

"I've liked you since first year!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.2K 1.2K 11
|| request status : closed!! || here are some bnha one shots, including ships and reader inserts :) hope u enjoy! DISCLAIMER: I do not own the charac...
57.9K 433 11
stop requesting. i will block you. most of these are sad or have serious themes because I like reading and writing angst. - I do not own BNHA or any...
38.6K 335 22
a collection of bnha oneshots / imagines :) > some headcannons and preferences too requests open! fluff, angst, lime, crack and others! (no smut, so...
877 18 9
My Hero Academia Boys x Reader One Shots Collection. Warnings ⚠: • Contains curse words • If you don't want to ruin your perspective of the characte...