Darling - Cedric Diggory

By lottiebagley

Darling, I could get used to him calling me that. Cedric Diggory x OC More

DISCLAIMERS
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Thank you
Right so
1

3

21.1K 457 1.6K
By lottiebagley

The library is once again loud as I wait outside for Cedric.

"Hey mini pads," uncle Remus' voice calls down the hall

"Afternoon professor," I joke as he scoffs rolling his eyes and pulling me into a tight hug that I happily return.

"So I got an interesting letter from your dad today," he smiles warmly down to me

"Oh really?" I question in fake surprise

"Yes it informed me that you're picking the family holiday spot for the year,"

"Yes Uncle Rem i do believe I was aware of that,"

"Now sweetie, my lovely niece. I promise you infinite chocolate in return you let me help pick," he bargains

"Unfortunately. You can't buy me. I've already chosen and set the letter to Auntie Lil to organise today," I smile

"You're absolutely useless. At least tell me where you picked,"

"You'll find out at the barbecue like everyone else. You'll like it though I promise," I assure him

"Just give me a-" he's cut off by Cedric who sprints directly into him

"Oh shit, sorry, I shouldn't have sworn. Sorry professor I'm running late to meet a friend and-" he finally looks up to see me stood smirking

"Quite alright Diggory," he goes to move out of the way and allow him into the library

"I'm the friend," I inform my uncle watching as the cogs in his head start spinning.

"Okay, well have fun kids, Miss Black should you chance your mind-"

"Uncle Remus I will not tell you where I picked for the family holiday. You'll like it. I promise. And if you don't what's one week of your life," I grin. He rolls his eyes but chuckles

"See you around kids," he smiles

"Sorry again professor," Cedric apologises to which Remus shrugs him off before leaving.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys," Cedric smiles

"No, you're a regular knight in shining armour, he was attempting to get the holiday destination out of me,"

"Well in that case follow me beautiful damsel," he grins walking in the opposite direction to the library we are right in front of. I raise my eyebrows in question to which he simply smiles

"You trust me, right darling?"

"Yeah,"

"Come on then," he says wrapping his arm round my shoulder and steering me outside. We talk about our days as he leads me through the grounds and to a large tree tucked round the back of the lake that's quiet and peaceful. Secluded.

There's a blanket set up. Water bottle and pumpkin juice and some snacks and a mountain of books that clearly accommodate any subject I pick to study.

"Thankyou Cedric," I smile, planting a soft kiss on his cheek and moving to sit on the blanket. It's impossible to ignore his bright red flush.

"So where is the holiday?" He questions

Just like that we slip into an easy conversation and zero studying gets done. By the end of the night (which goes way past curfew and ends with us sneaking in and almost getting caught by Mrs Norris) I could safely say he is a friend, a close friend and I can't deny the butterflies in my stomach when he smiles at me. I'm fucked.

******

Four weeks have passed since the first night we hung out and didn't study. We have seen each other every night since  and he's quickly become one of my closest friends. It's often after curfew when one of us has Quidditch practice to which I tease him for breaking the rules when he is supposed to be the 'golden boy' he laughs in response and replies with 'it's worth and trouble it could cause to see you' and my heart erupts in my chest. It's always the same place. It's perfect.

The morning of the last day of school rolls around quicker than I would have liked but I can't help the excitement as I think about the summer I have ahead.

"Morning sunshine," Cedric grins falling into step next to me "hi girls," he grins to Katie, Alice  and Angelina who are walking by my side

"Morning Diggory," Angelina states her face in a perfect line. Angelina is my closest girl friend and is insanely protective. She's yet to trust Cedric.

"Oh come off it Angie. We will give you guys some space. Have a good summer Cedric," Katie laughs lightly pulling Alice and a scowling Angelina with her

"How do I get her to like me?" He questions desperately making me laugh

"I wouldn't panic over it Ceddy, she'll come around. Boys use me a lot, of say we are friends and make moves and it's sometimes very uncomfortable. She's just looking out for me,"

"Hey you know that I have nothing but pure intentions and a happy friendship right?"

"Course I do," I smile back. Friendship. That damn word again.

"So," he smiles as we arrive outside the hall, he leans against it allowing me to stand in front of him as he smiles down at me

"So?"

"Tonight, looks like we can't hang out," he looks let down and it makes my heart fly. He really wants to see me.

"Well who says we can't hang out at the party," I shrug

"I just assumed you'd be busy,"

"Never too busy for you," I grin bopping his nose lightly "see you there?" I question walking backward to hold eye contact. He nods in agreement sending me his usual charming grin before I round the corner and decide to join Harry, Ron and Hermione for breakfast.

***

I check myself out in the mirror. I have straightened my natural loose waves and the dark brown gleams as it hangs down behind me. My makeup is done to perfection a smokey fox eye look with a red gloss. My dress is gorgeous and simple. It's short only coming to my upper mid thigh, a body con that hugs my curves beautifully with a low cut halter neck pushing my boobs together and making them look great. The material is black satin and paired with my red heels my long legs finish the look.

I head downstairs to meet the twins, who had promised to wait even though I was late, a half
drank bottle of fire whiskey in hand. The others in our group had left a while back. Having had plenty of pres with the girls while getting ready I'm already tipsy and stumbling slightly due to my heals.

"Hot damn!" George shouts while Fred let's out a loud wolf whistle when I come into view.

"Oh stop," I laugh

"No I'm not kidding. You look insane," George grins

"Diggory won't know what hit him," Fred laughs out

"Me and Cedric are just friends," I reprimand as we walk out of the near empty common room and slip down into a secret passage. It's past curfew.

"No one in the entire castle believes that," Fred teases shoving me lightly but grabbing my hand to save me when he notices my balance is more off that he had realised

"You're a prick," I grin

"Oh I know," he laughs back.

George pushes the door to the room of requirement open and a few people are immediately staring, I'm glad I'm already drinking, makes me less nervous.

The room is at the bottom of a large staircase, dark up the front aside from flashing lights where people are dancing but with bright coloured lights illuminating both the stair case and the back half of the large room where there's sofas and bean bags that some people are lounging on. It's all of 5th, 6th and 7th year and a few 4th years scattered about.

While stood at the top of the stairs you can see the faces of the people in the back half clearly. I scan the room "back left hand side, stood up from his seat," George grins to me, shouting over the loud music, I follow his instructions my eyes landing on him.

He looks great, like most the guys he's in casual clothes as opposed to all the girls in dresses. He's wearing a white T-shirt with dark jeans and a light was denim jacket. His hair is perfect. He looks like a god.

He's stood up and is staring at me with wide eyes that are subconsciously scanning my body his mouth in a little 'o'. He grins when we make eye contact and I smile back happily.

"Come on Black," George shouts pulling my hand into the centre of the dance floor where our friends are dancing. The girls and Lee are quick to compliment me making the twins complain until i tell them they're beautiful. We jump around, laughing and downing our drinks. A few guys make inappropriate moves on me and the twins are quick to sort them out.

"Hey can we go talk!" Lee shouts over the music, I nod and he grabs my hand to not loose me in the crowd pulling me into the back half.

God knows how it works but the back half is quieter, you can still hear the music and a buzz of chatting teens but you can speak without having to shout.

He sits me down on a sofa, sitting next to me with his arm round my shoulder.

"You look really fit tonight," he smiles

"Thankyou Lee," I smile back. Internally I'm begging him not to flirt with me. I don't want him. I want Cedric.

We talk for a while. I drink a lot. He flirts and I shoot him down. Until I see it. Cho Chang, who looks gorgeous in a blue midi dress with a sweetheart neckline and floaty sleeves. She looks like a princess. I look like a slut. All my confidence has left my body. I know the difference. Everyone is calling her beautiful. Even Lee, a kind and respectful guy said fit. And she's with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 1.3K 40
under editing. this story includes : - fluff - angst - crack - au ------- 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 : #14 on draco #18 on hufflepuff #369 on wattpad ...
9.5K 299 15
A Harry Potter based reader insert fanfic that also serves as a Neville x Reader x Draco because there's not many of these and I'm triggered about it
793 29 25
and strangers again. mattheo riddle x oc
344K 4.2K 67
draco x reader. ➥ COMPLETED