21

Hey baby,
I hope my darling daughter is doing okay and having a lovely week. Heard a few tidbits about you and your activities as of late from a certain Professor and even your auntie. I will never get over the betrayal of you writing to your aunt Lil about your boy and not to your old dad.

Anyway, it's been a quiet one over here, other than James and his constant teasing that my little girl is dating a Hufflepuff. Work is busy as always but don't you worry I'm staying safe. I have a weekend off for the first time in a while and I'm planning a visit up to Hogwarts. Mainly to see Minnie as we have some things we need to discuss but I guess while I'm there I could probably fork out a few hours for you. Take you out to dinner perhaps? I would offer to bring the twins along but I have some pretty big news so I feel it may be best just us. I'd like to meet this Cedric boy too. I'm aware I've already met him but not when he was boyfriend Cedric only when he was flirty trying to get in my daughters pants Cedric. Anyway, I'll be over two week on Saturday if you could make the time to see your old man?

I've been speaking with Molly to make arrangements for your birthday, do let her know the guest list ASAP, she's trying to organise food and has no idea on the numbers.

Keep me in the loop with everything please, you know how I worry about you.

We all send our love and hugs, especially me. Looking forward to seeing you soon my gorgeous girl.

All my love, as always, - Dad xx

I smile brightly as I place the letter down, excited to hear I'll be seeing my dad so soon. "You are looking awful cheery," Ron comments. I had decided to join Harry, Ron and Hermione for breakfast in hopes to get away from the twins teasing about Cedric, not that it had done much good as the boys of the trio were just as relentless.

"Probably a love letter from Cedric," Harry smirks, making Ron laugh and even Hermione smirks slightly at his comment

"It's from my dad actually," I inform with a light eye roll

"Oh really? How is he?" Harry asks, sounding genuinely caring, despite the fact my dad writes to him as often as he writes me. Which goes for me with his parents too, me and Auntie Lil possibly even more as I tell her everything.

"He's well. Visiting in a fortnight," I grin

"It'll be nice to see him," Harry comments

"I'm sure he'll come and say hi to you," I shrug

"He better," Harry grins "are my parents coming with?"

"Not that he mentioned, I think it might be a work thing, he's only actually coming cause he needs to discuss something with Minnie. He's taking me out for dinner too but I shouldn't think you'll be joining as he said the twins can't. Apparently he has some big news he needs to tell me,"

"Wonder what it could be. He loves Fred and George and knows you guys are inseparable, it must be pretty massive for him to say they can't come," Harry ponders

"Yeah I guess so. Maybe he has a girlfriend," I suggest

"He's had girlfriends before though and never made it a big thing," Harry counters.

"I guess we will find out," I grin

"Good morning," Cedric's voice sounds, causing me to turn around