The Twin Rabbits (Yuki Sohma)

By larkobean

Katsumi Sohma is the little twin sister to Momiji Sohma, like her brother, she is possessed by the year of th... More

Prologue
How Do You Just Stop Talking?
YES, Please Cook!
I Too Am A Rodent.
Without You In It
Twins Are Cute
Sorry I Pissed You Off
Kyon-Kyon, Ich Liebe Dich
Garbage Collection Day?
Wen-Den, What?
Tomorrow, Then
What is That Look For?
Jason's Here?! (Part One)
Jason's Here?! (Part Two)
A Little Warning
No, You're Puurrfect.
Everyone's An Idiot...
Huh? 'They' Who?
Prove Your Prowess
To Thine Own Self Be True
At What Cost?
Sit There and Do Nothing
Yuki, Stop!
Ah Whatever, Come 'Ere Kid
Here For You!
Eat A Well Balanced Breakfast!
AUTHORS NOTE
How Could You Forget?
A Pitch Black World

You've Endured So Much Pain

5.2K 123 21
By larkobean

Katsumi leaned heavily against the wall as she made her way downstairs, her free arm hugging her ribs to try and minimize the pain. She let out a sigh of relief as she reached the bottom, and stumbled weakly into the living room where her family resided in. Her foot caught the corner of the mat, making her let out yelp of terror as she face-planted right in front of Yuki.

"Katsumi! What are you doing out of bed, you're supposed to be resting!" Her boyfriend shouted, pulling her gently into his lap. She smiled softly, and reached her hand up to softly caress his face.

"But I missed you," she remarked pleasantly despite the sharp pain that stabbed across her chest.

"Ugh, you're too stubborn." Yuki sighed, dropping his head against hers.

"Are you in any pain still?" Shigure asked, making her smile weakly over to him.

"Lots," she admitted cheerfully. The two men share a look of discontent at her perky attitude, but in all honesty she wasn't trying to act strong for them- she was just genuinely happy to be with her family.

"I'll call Hatori, you're running low on pain medication." Her elder cousin commented, shooting her a look of concern.

"Oh, don't be silly. I wouldn't want to be a bother, you two have done so much for me already..." Katsumi mumbled sadly, a look of guilt flashing in her large brown eyes.

"Nonsense, Akito didn't do anything to us." Shigure tried to reassure, but she could see past his lies. She knew that Akito flew into frenzied rage and struck the men, Katsumi knew Akito the best.

"Don't lie to me Shi-Chan, I know Akito better than anyone."  She spat spitefully, dropping her head weakly into Yuki shoulder.

"Either way my dear, what's done is done-"

"Grandpa collapsed? That's terrible! What happened? Is he going to be okay?" The three turned their heads towards the hall, surprised by Tohru's shouting.

"Oh. So then he'll recover?"

"Oh, yes. It's coming up pretty soon."

"No, it's fine! You don't need to worry about that, really. But, I would like to come visit hi-" Katsumi, and her boyfriend shared a worried look as their elder cousin got to his feet and walked over to Tohru and took the phone from her hands.

"Yes, why, hello there. Torhru's Aunty, I presume? Shigure Sohma, at your service."

"This can't be good, maybe we should go monitor him." Katsumi whispered to Yuki, who nodded in silent agreement. He swept her gently into his arms, and carried her into the hallway where the other two took hold.

"Yes. Yes, that's right."

"Uhm, Shigure?"

"Tohru," Katsumi called softly, reaching over to tug on her friends braid. "Is your Opa alright?"

"Oh, yes. He strained his back, but he should be okay." Tohru said quietly, turning around to smile sadly at her. "You're still in pain," she commented.

"That's a relief, and don't worry Tohru, I'll be okay! Nothing I can't handle." Katsumi reassured, sending her a brilliant smile.

"Goodbye, now." Shigure chirped, slamming the phone down.

"Shi-Chan!" Katsumi shouted, while Tohru shrieked.

"You can't just hang up on someone else's call!" Yuki scolded, while she nodded in agreement.

"Hmm? Everything's all set, so what's left to say?" Their elder cousin questioned, turning around with an odd look on his face. "Now, good news. Tohru, you can go visit your grandfather tomorrow."

"Okay, thanks!" Tohru chirped, smiling up at him brightly snapping quickly out of her trance.

"As for the parent-teacher conference. I shall be playing the roll of guardian." Shigure told her, crossing his arms as a pleased smile etched his face.

"Huh?" The two girls shriek, while Yuki looked at him in doubt.

"You. Huh. Right, because what could go wrong with that?" Her boyfriend deadpanned, while the older man just smiled pleasantly.

"Wait, what? I thought it was a brilliant idea, I already have to go in for Katsumi's." Their elder cousin pouted, holding up a finger.

"You what?!" Katsumi yowled, fighting against Yuki's tightening grip.

"Well, your father called me and asked if I would go in his place. He's much too busy that day." Shigure explained, while she just crossed her arms with a huff.

"Typical," she muttered her mood souring, "can't even show up for school stuff anymore. Bet he's going to Momiji's though, isn't he? Cause it's on a different day."

"Well, yes..." Her elder cousin said sympathetically, as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

"Sorry about papa, thanks Shi-Chan." Katsumi mumbled, ducking her head into Yuki's shoulder.

- - -

Katsumi sat on the deck sipping tea as she stared up at the stars, she had been in a bitter mood ever since finding out about her fathers deliberate change of guardianship at the school conference. He might as well have done it for good, she hasn't seen her father in years. She closed her eyes, and tilted her head back listening to the chirping of the crickets fill the silent night.

"It's starting to get cold," her boyfriend told her as he dropped a blanket around her shoulders.

"I suppose," she murmured quietly. "I'm going to school tomorrow, I've grown tired of sitting at home. Besides, I still have yet to see my brother."

"You're still not well, you've got stitches in your face." Yuki protested, before sitting down and pulling her into his arms so the two could snuggle beneath the blanket.

"I'm well enough," Katsumi sighed.

"Are you alright?" He asked, making her groan in response.

"No," she admitted, "why does papa hate me? Perhaps Momiji will know."

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you," Yuki tried to reassure, but it only made the pain in her chest aches more.

"I wish he would just surrender my guardianship to Shigure, he's always been more of a father figure to me." Katsumi murmured, leaning back into his arms as she spoke.

"You'd want Shigure to be your father?" Her boyfriend deadpanned, making her stifle her laughter.

"I know it seems farfetched, but he's done a lot for me. Enough about me, meine liebe, have you talked to your mutti about the conference?" Yuki buried his head into her hair, letting out a longer suffered sigh.

"I still have problems to deal with, questions to answer. I need to get to work. To figure out exactly where I stand, and where I go from here." He told her quietly, his voice sounded so unsure- and she knew, in her time away he had become broken once again.

"There are lots of questions we all have to deal with, but don't worry Yuki. Those answers will come with time, and while you remain unsure of who you are, or where life will take you- I will stay by your side, and love you, and support you with everything I have!" Katsumi chirped, twisting around to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Everything will work out, I promise."

- - -

The next day, Katsumi returned back to school despite the protests of literally everyone in the house. Since word had gotten out that she and Yuki were dating, there was no need to hide their relationship any longer. Although, Akito loathed the idea he hadn't made any further moves to end their romance.

"Oh, no! Your Opa injured his back? I'm so sorry to hear that!" Momiji apologized softly, clouded with worry as he hugged his stuffed rabbit. Katsumi curled up in Yuki's lap, only half listening as she dozed off in the sun.

"A man's back is everything to him," Haru replied monotonously. Frightening poor Tohru.

"Oh, wow. Is that true?" The girl fretted, clasping her hands together in worry.

"Just ignore them," Yuki sighed.

"Half of what comes out of Haru's mouth is complete nonsense," Katsumi agree with a slight nod. She leaned back into her boyfriends arms, letting out a slight whimper of pain.

"Hey, Honda? Where's Kyo?" Haru questioned, looking up momentarily from his video game.

"Um, I'm not sure exactly. But up on the roof would be my guess. He seemed pretty down lately, and that's where he goes to escape." Tohru said, her eyes gazing up at the school's roof as she spoke.

"Got a case of the man blues?" Haru assumed, turning his emotionless gaze towards her and Yuki.

"Haru..." Yuki growled, turning his head to glare at their cousin.

"No, I believe it may be my fault." Katsumi murmured sadly, clasping her hands together as she spoke. "Because I have returned home, Akito was withdrawn from the deal we made. His future, is once again set in stone."

"Kyo's down, but that doesn't mean you two have to be sad too, right?" Momiji spoke, handing his bunny to her. "So come on! Let's get a drink!"

"Okay," Tohru agreed with a smile.

"You come too!" Her brother chirped, turning to look at the three of them perched on the bench.

"Okay," Yuki agreed.

"Coming!" Katsumi called, pushing herself weakly up from Yuki. Her boyfriend caught her elbow, letting her lean into his side for support.

"Katsumi, let me piggyback you." He fussed, crouching down so she could hop on.

"Yuki, I can walk." Katsumi protested, crossing her arms with a pout.

"Please," Yuki begged getting up and circling his arms around her waist. "I'm worried, you're already pushing yourself. Just let me help you."

"Fine," she sighed, pressing her forehead against his. He smiled softly, before letting go and allowing her to hop on.

"Momiji is a walking air purifier," Haru stated as he stuffed his hand in his pocket.

"He doesn't like conflict, it reminds him of our childhood." Katsumi explained, fiddling with strands of Yuki's soft hair.

"Haru, how are things with you and Rin? Any progress?" Yuki asked, smiling as Katsumi reached down and caressed his cheek.

"Nope, none at all. Why?" The boy turned to look at them, his eyes glinting with curiosity.

"Well, it's just... Rin seems pretty stubborn, but I thought, maybe, with enough time..." Her boyfriend trails off, letting out a soft sigh.

"Yeah, I get it. But honestly, I'm starting to think she really meant it. What she said. For the longest time, I didn't want to, but, well... Rin has a sharp tongue. She doesn't sugarcoat things. But, she also doesn't say stuff to protect herself. I don't know what to think anymore. Is that how she feels? Maybe. Or maybe I'm just scared. Whatever it is, it hurts-"

"Rin..." Katsumi murmured softly, her gaze becoming far away as she remembered that fateful day. "She would never do anything to hurt you on purpose, she loves you Haru, she's protecting you. Akito... He's... He's... Slipping, he's become more hysterical...More, delusional. He's feelings our bonds begin to slip. But, Hatsuharu, you don't just fall out of love- not when you're in love like she is. So please, let her do what she has to, because she'll come back to you when the time is right. Have faith."

- - -

The school day had come to a close, much to Katsumi's excitement. Her body begun to ache, she needed her medication or else she was soon to collapse.

"Go on home without me," Yuki told her and Tohru. Katsumi turned around, her face clouded with concern.

"Yuki, where is it you're going?" She asked, hopping over to cling onto his arm.

"My parents, to drop off the parent-teacher conference letter." He told her, placing his hand softly atop her head as he smiled down at her.

"I'll come!" She chirped, grinning pleasantly at him.

"I think you'd best not, it's almost time for your pain medication." Yuki denied, shaking his head slightly.

"Please don't push me away," she whispered feeling anxiety weld in her chest, "you always want to face these things alone. You won't let me help you, but it pains me to see you return home with that haunted look in your eyes."

"You aren't in any pain?" He asked, as he reached down to tuck her hair behind her ear.

"None at all!" Katsumi lied, sending him a radiant smile.

"I suppose it's alright, perhaps we should stop at Hatori's on our way home to see how you're doing." Yuki voiced, as he took her hand and turned back to look at Tohru. "Sorry Tohru, go home without us. We'll be home for dinner."

"It's alright! See you guys at home!" Their friend chirped, giving them a slight wave before she left. The couple walks aside one another, hand in hand, both making idle chatter as they enjoyed soaking in the sun's warmth. The pair stopped short as they faced the gates to the inner part of the estate, both fighting the fear that rose in their chests.

"We'll be alright," Yuki reassured her tightening his grip on her hand as he said that.

"We will," she agreed, returning the favour. The walk to Yuki's parents house was short, leaving her boyfriend hardly anytime to mentally prepare. The couple give a slight knock before entering the home, only to be greeted by two surprised maids.

"Oh, this is quite a surprise, Yuki." One said, doing her best to suppress her utter shock.

"And Katsumi, too? So nice to see you two." The other added, bowing to them.

"I wish we had known you were coming. I'm sure your mother would have stayed home if she had expected you. She won't be back until this evening I'm afraid." Katsumi huffed, turning her head to the side as she hid her distain for Yuki's mother. That was a blatant lie, and the two teenagers knew it.

"Here, please make sure that she gets this. Thanks a lot." Yuki muttered, an annoyed look on his face as he reached into his bag and pulled out the letter.

"Oh, but... You're welcome to wait until her return." The eldest maid said, stepping forward slightly. Katsumi turned her head, a dark glare settling on her face as she sent the maid a sickly sweet smile.

"Thanks, but we have elsewhere to be." She hissed, waving her hand to them as they exited the house. That woman... Katsumi thought, she's done enough to him. Tears suddenly sprung to her eyes as she thought about all that Yuki had to endure from that woman, only to be sold off to Akito. She placed her free hand to her chest, as her heart ached. Tears trickled down her cheeks, and no matter how many times she tried to wipe them away, more fell.

"Katsumi?" Yuki called, coming to a sudden stop. "What's the matter?"

"I-" She broke down into gut wrenching sobs, as Yuki wrapped her tightly into his arms.

"Are you in pain?!" He fret, pulling her back and holding her at arms length to inspect her. Katsumi shook her head frantically, before throwing herself into his chest and holding him tight. "Then what's the matter?"

"Y-You've endured so much p-pain," she sobbed her voice muffled by his shirt. "I-I want to make it stop, Yuki, I-I wish I could change the past. I'm r-really sorry but I h-hate your mutti."

Yuki felt tears prick at his own eyes, as his girlfriend sobbed into his chest. He had never in a million years would have thought someone would cry this much for him, he dropped his head into her shoulder wishing he could take away the sadness that she felt for him right now.

"If things hadn't happened the way they did, then I wouldn't have been this close to you. So, while I wish things didn't happen the way they did- In the end, I got to fall in love with you. So, it's alright. Katsumi, please dry your eyes." He whispered, using the sleeve of his coat to wipe away her tears. She sniffled, her large brown eyes staring up at him filled with so much love.

"I love you, Yuki." Katsumi murmured, resting her head gently against his chest.

"I love you too, Katsumi-"

"Yun-Chan, Sumi-Chan!" Katsumi's bunny ears popped out, as she quickly scrubbed at her eyes and spun around. "Now that's a shock, you two never come here."

"Gura-Chan!" Katsumi called, a giddy grin appearing on her face.

"You heading home? How was class?" Yuki asked, placing his hand lightly on her shoulder to keep her calm.

"No clue, I ditched today. I was just out on a walk." Kagura sing-songed, crossing her arms lightly behind her back.

"Good timing then. Can I ask, is Rin still living at your place?" He asked, making their elder cousin tilt her head to the side in confusion.

"Mhm!" She confirmed, though her expression did not match her tone.

"You think we could see her?" Katsumi asked, catching onto what Yuki had been thinking.

"Hmm, I'm not sure about that. She doesn't even bother to come home a lot of the time. Doesn't go to school much, either. Who knows what she's up to?" Kagura explained, as the three made their way to Hatori's house.

"Too bad," Yuki sighed.

"Why do you wanna see her? I didn't think the three of you were close." Katsumi knew in fact that Rin may fear seeing Katsumi, well, more fear the memories that Katsumi brought with her presence.

"I just wanted to talk to her, that's all-"

"Yuuuki, you stay here and talk to Gura-Chan! I'm going to see Tori and get all fixed up!" Katsumi chirped, before skipping off to her elder cousins house. She leaned agains the door, pushing the doorbell as she waited. Finally, she allowed herself to succumb to the true pain she was feeling. Hatori opened the door, his eyes widening immediately as he laid eyes on her. Katsumi was pale, and panted as beads of sweat ran down her forehead.

"Katsumi, what happened?" Her elder cousin questioned, as he quickly ushered her in.

"Nothing, I skipped my after school pain meds. I wanted to come to the estate with Yuki, he was going to see his mutti after all. However, as you can see- I'm still in a lot of pain." Hatori sighed, pressing a cold cloth to her forehead.

"Katsumi, you need to take better care of yourself. Stop worrying so much about other people." He scolded, having his maids bring him a glass of water for her medication.

"Nein, I may consider it for others perhaps; but, never Yuki. I love him too much." She protested, crossing her arms stubbornly over her chest. The man sighed, knowing that this was an argument he would never win. Being that it as one that they had been having since she was just a young child.

- - -

Katsumi hummed a happy tune as she and Yuki climbed the stairs to return home, she had been feeling much better since her visit to Hatori's. The couple came to a dead stop, as Rin quickly dashed from their sight. The two share a look, before dropping their bags and chasing after her.

"Rin!" Yuki called, running quite a bit a head of Katsumi.

"Rin! Hold on!" She shouted, trying her best to catch up. Finally, he caught her by the wrist.

"Stop!" Yuki shouted, an annoyed tone evident in his voice. "Rin, whats going on? Why are you here?" The dark haired girl growled, attempting to rip her arm away from him. Katsumi caught up, gasping for breath as her ribs screamed in protest.

"Please, wait! We only wanna talk to you." Katsumi demanded, making Rin stop struggling and stand straight.

"Rin, were you serious when you dumped Haru? He told us about it, your relationship and the break up. That got me thinking, and I remembered something. Back when I was still trapped in that room, you and Haru used to come visit me sometimes. You would abruptly leave, and take Haru with you. It took me a while, but I finally realized. Every time, not long after you left, someone would come to check on me. Visitors? Akito would have forbidden them. I was isolated for a reason. But even so, Haru came. And you. You were protecting him. You kept watch, stay by the door so you'd know if anyone was coming. That way, you could keep Haru out of trouble. At the time, I didn't understand. But I see it now, thanks to Katsumi. You're doing it again. You broke up with Haru to protect him, didn't you?" Yuki questioned, letting of of her arm as he spoke. Katsumi suddenly had a gutted feeling deep in her stomach, Yuki still had visitors? She saw no one other than Akito, Yuki, Kureno, Shigure, and Hatori.

"This is what you wanted to talk about? How ridiculous. Like I'd remember that, something so long ago. And I really don't care what happens to Haru. I'm sick of all your questions. I told you to mind your damn business. And besides, even if I did talk to you, what good would that do me? Your just an ignorant idiot-"

"Rin!" Katsumi snapped, stepping forward only to be held back by Yuki.

"Yuki, Gure came one day and asked if you wanted to go live with him. Do you know why? He did it because of Haru. He begged Gure to get you out of there. Begged him to save you. Gure said sure, but only if he'd start calling him 'Sensei.' He was just joking, but Haru, like the moron he is, still calls him that. But you, you're an even bigger moron than Haru is. You should just go and enjoy your careless schoolboy life, or whatever, like the idiot you are. Don't bother me again, shithead!" Yuki's grip around her loosened, as tears started to trickle down his cheeks. Katsumi, on the other hand, had never felt such a violent anger. She let out a low snarl, before lunging herself viciously towards Rin. Surprising both of them. Normally, she was such a quiet, kind, and obedient girl. She tackled Rin to the ground, before slapping her cousin in the face.

"I've had enough of this!" She shouted, leaving the two speechless. "You act like it's Yuki's fault that he's out of that hellhole, but it was really no trouble for anyone! Who the hell cares what Haru calls Shigure, it's just another name! Why is it suddenly the end of the ficken world! Haru wasn't hurt, Shigure wasn't hurt, you weren't hurt! So why are you so mad?" Katsumi spat, her once kind brown eyes dark. "You know who had to pay for everything? ME! I took over Akito's abuse, when Yuki left, and when he found out about you and Haru! I've had to pay for every single one of your actions, so stop acting like Yuki's the only one who's caused problems for everyone. I've had enough of you, acting so high and mighty. So why don't you just shut your goddamn whiney, manipulative mouth before I start calling you Akito!" She fell silent, before removing herself from her cousin.

"K-Katsumi," Rin muttered her dark brown eye's widened in surprise.

"Calling someone a shithead? That really isn't nice. Hi, Rin." Haru muttered, walking over to them. Yuki rushed over, and grabbed Katsumi by the shoulders pulling her tightly to his chest.

"Haru, why are you here?" Her boyfriend ask, his arms trembling around her.

"I came over to hang out at Sensei's, here you two dropped these." He said, handing Katsumi the two bags.

"Thanks..." She muttered, turning her sharp gaze away from them. Haru walked over to Rin, reaching his hand out to place it on her face- but she flinched back.

"Don't touch me, don't come near me." She spat, her eyes narrowing.

"So... You really don't need me. I guess that's, that. Whether I like it or not. Well, I might as well die then." Haru sighed, turning slight from her. Katsumi dropped her bags, turning to nuzzle into Yuki's chest.

"I'm sorry," she murmured quietly. He ran his fingers through her long hair, before kissing the top of her head.

"For what?" He asked, squeezing her tighter.

"I shouldn't have lost my temper, but I swear I won't let anyone hurt you anymore." Katsumi told him, reaching up to place her hand against his cheek.

"Don't apologize, not to me at least." Yuki told her softly, placing his hand over top of hers. "It was surprising to see you so mad, but it made me realize how much you care."

"It's a lot," she told him with a nod, "I care about you a lot." Yuki tilted her chin up, a soft smile curling his lips. He brushed the hair from her eyes, before placing a meaningful kiss to her lips.

"I know you do," he murmured. A loud slapping sounded echoed through the forest, startling the couple from their conversation. They look over to the two teens, where Rin still had her hand raised as she panted for breath. She quickly turned on her heels, and darted out of sight.

"Uh. Rin!" Yuki shouted, while Katsumi let go of him and gently placed a hand on Haur's shoulder.

"Those tears, did I misunderstand?" He asked her, looking down at her as he spoke.

"Haru? Should you go after her?" Yuki asked, making Haru grunt.

"There's no way I could catch up, if she's going all out. The whole horse thing." Yuki sweatdropped, making her giggle slightly.

"You seem pretty relaxed about this."

"No, I wouldn't say that. I realized something, that's all. By the way, sorry you fell victim to Rins sharp tongue." Haru said, ruffling her hair with a laugh. "Though apparently she triggers Katsumi's."

"Shut up," she hissed, swatting away his hand. "I shouldn't have said such terrible things."

"No, it's good. Someone needed to stand up for Yuki. Besides, she has caused you a lot of problems with Akito. Myself, too apparently. Sorry about that Sumi." Her cousin said, his shoulders dropping.

"I deserved it," Yuki muttered quietly, making the two turn to him.

"Yuki. I'm the one who needs to get it together right now, and take care of Rin. You don't have to worry about her. Leave her to me. You've got your own stuff to deal with, like student council and taking care of Katsumi. I'm glad you're doing that by the way, both of those. Trying out new things, I think it's good for you. Really good." Haru said, making Katsumi smile softly.

"Do you? You think it's alright? You think it's a good thing, me always putting myself first? Not that, maybe, I should think of someone else for a change? I can't even stand on my own. I always have to lean on other people, especially you and Katsumi. But you want me to put myself first, even though I given nothing back yet?" Yuki questioned, his voice filled with self-loathing.

"You think too much. Yuki, you're fragile. Yuki, you're kind. Yuki, you've been hurt my so much in your life. It's okay, to put your self first! It's okay, okay to lean on us. It's okay! Cause, I lean on you too. Stop stalling. Go take risks, and find the place where you really wanna be. It's out there! I'll always be here to support you, I'll always be by your side." Katsumi told him, as she placed herself in his arms with a sad smile.

"You're too nice, you know that? Too me, anyway" He teased, placing a soft kiss to her forehead. All the while, tears streaming down his face.

"We'll be okay Yuki, let's just go home." She whispered, taking his hand softly into hers. For now, she thought, we just need to get from day to day, until they can really open the lid and set free their past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 16.2K 105
completed── :: 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒♡ ︵ . ▸紫呉. . . ❀︵︵ ↴ [Kira had a taste of betrayal as she witnessed her own twin sister sleep with the...
106K 3K 20
When Yuki's twin sister, Yumi returns to Japan after 3 years in America things start to change. Both in good ways and bad. With her recent past catch...
165K 4K 45
"So, you like drawing rats?" "I guess, from all the animals, I like drawing the rat the most" Mizuki Hirose, foster sister of Tohru Honda. Afraid of...
4.5K 124 19
The Sakamaki's are living there lives in peace with there new guest until they are forced to move. Regretfully leaving everything behind. But rest a...