Midnight Melodies [yulyen]

By izparklez

a sequel to try As time passes by, fate brought them together again. Only this time, what are they going to... More

Hello, rain - 1
3, flower - 2
Cut!, skies - 3
Also, all - 4
It, fountain - 5
Lights, Insane - 6
I, Else - 7
We, Walk - 8
So, Fools - 9
Good, Reforget - 10
Keys, Breakeven - 11
Night, Words - 12
Ride, I - 13
Sun , Need -14
Come , Go - 15
Can, Happier - 16
You , Peaceful - 17
Our, 1 - 18
Good, Night - 20

Miss , Sunflower - 19

272 15 1
By izparklez

-

"Miss me?"

"You thought you did something, didn't you..?"

"I hate you the same."

A car was parked near the the calm streets and the windows were rolled down, the conversation went mildly passive aggressive, like how friends who lived in different towns and see each other ever so often would do.

"So, why did call me? What does the great Ahn Yujin with a packed tight schedule have to do, Miss Choi Yena?"

"Simple, you have a better sense with this stuff than I do, judging from all the stories I've seen on Wonyoung's social."

"That was just a part of it to be exact."

Yujin was shrugging her shoulders like a true winner, she knew what Wonyoung likes and dislikes probably better than she does herself. The stories Yena was talking about were the presents she received from Yujin so often. So often in this case means every week..

"Alright, but we gotta make it quick, we're on a secret mission here."

Yena looked around like if she was a spy in a movie, before hopping in the seat next to Yujin on the car. The invisible timer was running, Yena had to make this trip quick before Yuri gets home. Today Yuri was suppose to come home early from work too, what a convenient day to go on a secret trip.

"Oh, okay. I see."

Yujin was lowering her eyelids and grinning like she knew something was up, and she was completely right. Something is up. Yena had a plan to do something today. Because tomorrow, seems to be somewhat special.

"But zip it up, all the way. Not wonyoung is allowed to know this, the plan will be ruined straight away. It is to be kept secret until Tomorrow."

This was probably the part Yena was concerned the most, knowing that Yuri and Wonyoung are still keeping in touch when they are both free. Nothing is stopping them from slipping words to each other like it was natural of best friends talking to each other.

-

"You think it'll suit her?"

"Judging from the colour I say it's okay. I'll consider it for like.. the third option?"

"I see an expert in choosing gifts.."

Yena muttered underneath her breath while she walks around a shop looking for the perfect gift. It had been hours and has caught her eyes just yet.

Then her eyes stumbled upon something at the corner of a small counter. It wasn't anything expensive or grand, but Yena couldn't take her eyes off them. The only picture in her mind right now, is Yuri. With this perfect gift in her hands, and how beautiful she would look in them.

"I see you've found quite a gem there, Yena. Take it?"

Yujin saw Yena that was starring at this item for a while now, so she walked closer to Yena only to see the object in her hand being perfect. At last nobody could choose a more fitting gift than the one who will be handing the gift to the receiver.

"I think I'm done.."

Yena was smiling like a crazy person, her eyes floating off into the air. Yujin actually found this fascinating and tried making weird jokes to Yena, but the only answer she gave back was some nodding and approves.

"So.. will you take all the items in your basket now too?"

"Yes..?"

"And this box too?"

"Of course why not!"

"Yesss.."

As the cashier scans the mystery box Yujin just tricked Yena into buying for her, she gains her consciousness back and looked at the labels again. Then her face suddenly changed into disappointment.

"Yujin you absolute-"

"Nope!"

Yena was trying to hit Yujin but Yujin flinched and avoided the small punch in time. Yujin was trying to trick Yena into buying her a new game console, and she successfully did just that.

-

"Pay me back too, you idiot!"

"Maybe!"

Yena shouted behind while Yujin ride her car away, leaving the small Yena with a heavy load to carry upstairs to their room. But when Yena looked up to the window, she saw that the lights in their room were on. That means someone got into the apartment before she did..

"Oh shit."

Yena sprinted back upstairs into her room. Breathless, she slowly pushes the door open. Reveling the empty room inside. Yena took a sigh, she then walks into her small studio leisurely. But when she walks back out, she almost tripped onto her own heartbeat.

A small figure was standing at the balcony, her hair flows through the wind, but she didn't bother to tuck them behind her ears. The golden rays from the sky reflected light off her caramel brown hair, making her shine a little. She haven't said a word since Yena had walked in, Yena knew exactly what she had done wrong. She pushed down the ball of guilt in her throat, and walked towards her.

"Yuri, I'm sorry baby."

Yena hugged Yuri from behind, she couldn't see Yuri's face properly, so she went with the softest approach possible, hoping that her punishment would be reduced. But of course Yuri still didn't do anything. This is for having her waiting for Yena to come back, Yena had to wait too.

"Come on, it doesn't have to be like this,, answer me pleaseee."

Yena was whining like a baby, she knew she was bad at time management, and she predicted that she won't come back in time against someone who is really strict with timings like Yuri.

On the other hand, Yuri was trying to hold it in as much as possible, on the outside she looks like she isn't responding to Yena's actions, but on the inside, her heart was already racing to the edges of the world. She didn't mind Yena coming home late, but she kept it together, just to hear Yena's cute whines.

"Babieee I'm sowwyy talk to me, talk to me?"

Yena was reallly trying her hardest to make Yuri happy and talk to her again, little did she know, Yuri already gave up this act the moment Yena cuddled her and bury her fluffy cheeks onto her shoulders.

"Fine. What did you go and do? That was so important? More important than our movie date?"

Yuri went straight onto the point, still keeping her monotone voice. She wanted to know what Yena went and do, though it didn't really matter too much.

"Uhh well.. I went and saw Yujin? We went to play games together and hung out!"

Yena didn't lie, they did technically played a game together, and the car ride was the hung out part. She just didn't tell the whole story that's it. But Yuri found this suspicious, Yena normally wouldn't stutter. Especially when she knows she had to tell the truth.

"And? Continue the story please."

Yuri crossed her arms together, ears peeled to listen to what Yena was going to do next. Make excuses? Or think up of something really quickly? Spoiler alert, it was not both..

"I went and buy this console game.. it was on sale.. and I promise I'm sharing it with Yujin too.."

Yena looked down at her feet, her hands hung tight with each other and repeatedly making small bows to Yuri.

Yuri's expression suddenly changed, she didn't saw this one coming.

"Alright, that's it. If you wanna buy something like that better off sleeping on the sofa for a few weeks right? The heat from the console is probably enough to keep you warm."

Yuri did a concluding face then walked back into the apartment, making Yena stood there with her hands trying to gran Yuri's. But she didn't, Yuri purposely avoided Yena's hands.

"Yuriiiiii, it isn't mine. It's Yujin's, she just accidentally put it in my bag.."

Yena closed the balcony from the cold wind, leaving only the heat from this conversation floating in the room. She followed Yuri and sat down next to her on the sofa.

"Hey, I promise I won't buy unnecessary things again. Yujin was pranking me to buying this, I'll give it back to her AND get the money back in no time."

Yena got into serious mode, she was even more serious when they asked each other out for the first time. This turned out to be the funniest part for Yuri. She couldn't hold her the happiness anymore and ended up hitting the pillow several times while her cheeks puffed up and let out some chuckles.

"Wait.. Yuri..? You were.."

Yena was in shock for a few seconds, she got pranked twice today. First time by her best friend, and second time by her girlfriend. Today was surely a good day for Yena..

Yena was glad that Yuri didn't find out about what her main goal was today, and she kind of thanked Yujin for pulling that stupid prank on her.

"You already knew I will never be mad at you, Yena."

"I should have known better."

Yena sighed and said in a tired voice, then she leaned onto Yuri's arms and hugged her tight.

"You know I was worried right? Because when you don't smile, the sun stops shining too."

Rather that the sun, Yuri was now like a tomato. She didn't stop her smiles anymore, she just lets them all out like how she normally would when she is with Yena. Somehow when they are together, the sun never stops shining.

-

♪ Rex Orange County - Sunflower ♪
- Yuri

-

We're all finding out tomorrow like Yuri,, </3
I wonder what it might be~

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1.2K 38
#106 in Freddy Starter November 23rd, 2016 Finished : April 2nd, 2017 I have always had a huge crush on freddy.But he never even acknowledges me...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
258K 5.9K 57
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc