Twisted Fate (Twisted Series...

By YdoRiaOAR

Anaria Elouise had the perfect life. She had everything she wanted eversince she took her first steps. from T... More

Prologue
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14
#15
#16
#17
#18
#19
#20
#21
#22
#23
#24
#25
#26
#27
#28
#29
#30
#31
#32
#33
#34
#35
#36
#37
#38
#39
#40
#41
#42
#43
#44
#45
#46
DICE #1
#48
#49
#50
#51
#52
#53
#54
#55
#56
#57
#58
#59
#60
#61
#62
#63
#64
#65
#66
#67
#68
#69
#70
#71
#72
#73
#74
#75
#76
#77
#78
#79
#80
Author's note

DICE #2

33 2 0
By YdoRiaOAR

EPILOGUE

"4 months ka na agad dito doc! Ang bilis naman ng oras."

I scanned the chart that Angelique handed me, I guess i have 2 scheduled minor operations today. "Ay doc, wala si Dr. Mercadez ngayon may emergency daw. Fill in ka muna sa isang check up niya ha."

My brows furrowed as I stopped walking, i looked at neobe who gave me a peace sign while smiling innocently. She's the head nurse of the Cardiology department, she's the one adjusting our schedules.

Dr. Mercadez really liked passing down his work huh? I should talk about it with my brother sometimes, he could get fired for dereliction of duty.

I asked her the time for the appointment and she told me that it was scheduled at 11 AM. it was already 10:30 on my watch, i decided to finish my rounds so i would be able to go to my office. I was alone inside the elevator when my phone rang—it was my younger brother, calling.

"I keep on telling you, I can't leave this hospital." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

[Then send some other doctors here. I'm a neurologist, i studied Neurology yet i keep on overseeing 4 different departments! I'm still a fellow you know?] It was his 3rd call this week.

The hospital in Tenejero was newly built so it still lacked staffs, we're planning on sending reinforcements but the board still hasn't decided on who will be able to go. I can't come, not at how the chief head is always like this. The cardiology department will be in chaos.

"Talk to kuya." I ended the call when the elevator opened. The nurses stopped and lowered their heads as a sign of respect, i didn't bother returning their gesture. I ignored all the eyes—including the eyes of patients and visitors.

I squinted my eyes a bit so that i'll be able to see the faces of the two people standing infront of my office, i guess they were Dr. Mercadez' patients; the one Angelique told me.

My eyes widened when the lady turned around to look at me. As if all the blood in her body disappeared, she looked dead pale. I could somehow tell how her eyes were a little teary, in just a matter of seconds i was able to completely study her features.

I didn't know what expression i made but i was surprised. She's the last person that i expected to see today—to see for the rest of my life, even. My mind became wrecked, back to how it was years ago when i was at my most vulnerable state.

She looked more mature, more beautiful. She was a goddess in a formal clothing. She got taller and her features were less softer, she looked intimidating.

Our eyes locked on each other but i was the first one to look away. I asked the man she was with instead, i felt like i wouldn't be able to mutter a single word if i ever talked to her. My heart was racing like hell.

Her voice was as soft and melodic as ever. It was the voice that i got addicted to back then—until now.

I guess she didn't really expect to see me, not until she saw the name outside my office. I've been using my mother's surname, i didn't want to have any special treatments when i started working here. I want to see how they really work and not only because i'm here—not because the son of the owner is also working here.

When she unconsciously called my name i was shocked. She sounded like she was pleading, her voice sounded sad. I wanted to ask her why, i wanted to ask her the reason why she was feeling like that—i wanted to ask her if her feelings remained the same.

But i didn't.

I was too afraid of the answer that my mouth just spouted mean nonsense. She was with a man so i couldn't bring my self to ask about it, specially when he told me that he was her fiancee. I guess the deities could make every man on earth her fiancee except for me, huh?

I became Asher's personal doctor. I accepted it because of her, i wanted to avoid her so bad but i just couldn't bring my self to reject him. i couldn't bring my self to turn a blind eye when she's right there, within my reach.

"You're okay." I said once i saw him open his eyes. I had to head straight to their home when his secretary called me, telling me that he suddenly collapsed. The room was full of guards... not that i really cared though.

"Thanks, Doc." He said, smiling. He laughed at his foolishness— apparently, he mistook coffee for cocoa that's why he suddenly palpitated and soon passed out. "She's not here?" I asked, adjusting his IV. He looked at me, the side of his slips slowly rising. I don't know if i asked the right question, but i wanted to feed my curiosity. It's not wrong to ask about her right? Does he know that i was her fiancee's ex boyfriend?

Then he suddenly decided to tell me that he's not her fiancee. "I'm her older brother, half-brother." He casually said, as if joking about being her fiancee was funny at all. I wanted to inject him a needle when he was laughing so hard, good thing i didnt.

I was told that she was in Leyte at the moment, that's why she wasn't home. I was fine with it since i won't be able to see her... and she won't see me too and make that same painful expression again.

"Oppa! Jo wasseo. I'm here... kuya."

I just got out of the bathroom when she barged in, her face was covered in tears as she ran towards her brother. She looked really frantic.., did she come here straight from Leyte?

One moment she was crying terribly, the next thing she was fuming with anger. It's just like her to show so many emotions. That side of her will never changed.

Looks like she didn't notice my presence up until she turned around, i could see nervousness from her face. She was frozen. I somehow wanted to laugh at her, she looked cute. I saw how she was having her crisis on how she would approach me, a small smirk formed on my face-good thing i was facing the IV stand so no one was able to see it.

"Thank you for taking care of my brother." why are you talking to me with a smile when i can clearly see stains of tears on your cheeks? Why did you cry, love?

"You're still inlove with my sister aren't you?" i was surprised of the sudden question Asher blurted out. So he knows about us, huh? I didn't answer and instead sipped on my coffee. I had my right to remain silent.

"But can i ask a favor? you know, since were both guys and me also being her brother." I raised my brow, waiting for him to continue speaking. Elouise wasn't there, she was upstairs—she was in a foul mood earlier, i wonder why.

"Don't hurt my sister anymore." I wanted to laugh but i felt a sting on my chest. Was i really hurting her? Are the words i say inflict pain? I know that it did but i just couldn't do anything about it.

"Why did you become a doctor?"

It was so i could forget about you, dummy.

She begged me for a few times, she wanted to talk. I didn't. I couldn't bear seeing her cry and yet she did—numerous times. I told her painful things, i don't know why.

maybe because i was afraid. I was afraid of her, she's the only fear i had right now. She could break me so easily. She could break me again like how she did years ago.

I could feel it, one more blow and i'll actually fall this time. I'm on the verge of completely shattering, as if i'm standing on a thin string that determines my life. For 9 years, i've lived my life just to be present. I didn't feel alive at all. There was never a time where i felt like i was really living.

but despite all those thoughts, her lips were as soft and alluring as ever. I just couldn't stop my self even though we're in the middle of a argument. I was not in my right mind and she still dared to be alone with me in a room. I felt furious, how can she have that kind of courage now when she couldn't even fight for us in the past?

Was i really mad at her? I don't know. Maybe i am. She's the reason why i've had sleepless nights. She's my nightmare, she's my fear.

Every part of her affected me.

When i decided to tell her my thoughts, she cried with me. She cried for me, she conveyed the pain i couldn't let out. I didn't break alone, and so did she. The both of us shattered since that day.

"Stop making a fool of yourself Selena." I furrowed my brows and made sure my words were clear. I couldn't raise my hand at her, i didn't even want to touch her. She was still a woman, it will only backfire to me. I had to be calm.

I was shocked when she kissed me, good thing i was able to look away so she kissed the side of my lips instead. "I love you, Dice. What more should i do?!" She angrily pleaded. She's been barging in my office since she found out that i came back here in the Philippines, that was last year. This is the first time she became this agressive.

I realized how desperate i was, how desperate i've become when i waited for her outside their house despite the storm. I'm not the Dethrion Isaac everyone thought of, i honestly didn't know anything about my self anymore. The only thing i know is that i love her—and that she's already my life.

i knew that if she disappears again, i wouldn't be able to take it this time.

But she's the risk i'll be willing to blindly take. No matter what, and no matter how fragile my stability became.

I felt alive again when we started going out, it was the first time in years that i actually felt happy. I knew how to smile again. She gave me my life, she made me feel the worth of existing.

Her parents also gave us their blessing. It was all too good to be true and yet here we are, in our own reality. Her parents' blessing was all that i cared about, i didn't care if my parents still couldn't accept us.

The time i spent in New York softened my father's heart. He started being warm towards me, he started treating me like a son. Though that doesn't change anything to me, the scar is already there—i've already arrived at the point where i couldn't care less. I just went on with their whims, i didn't have any plans for myself.

i guess it was because i finally followed his orders. i didn't care anyway, finishing med school made me divert my attention so i could say that i also gained from it.

"You're with her again?" Kuya asked, we were on our way to Frion. I heard that he threw a childish tantrum on their phone call. That kid.

"Yeah." I gave a short answer. I was the one driving. I could tell that he's still not fine because of the recent breakup with her girlfriend. He was even planning on proposing, i guess she wasn't ready for marriage just yet.

"Did I hear it right? Ate Elouise is back?" Frion asked, his eyes widened. He was close with Elouise when he was still a teenager, he grew really fond of her.

"Gusto mo ba sama namin siya dito next time?" Our youngest suddenly stayed silent by my brother's offer. He looked down and sighed, shaking his head.

He still felt guilty because of what he did that time. I knew that he called Elouise, I heard him speak to her through the phone— though i believed Elouise won't settle for that but for the first time, i was wrong.

Frion didn't want to face her.., no one was blaming him but he blamed himself. I've told him many times that it wasn't his fault. It will never be his fault, he just wanted what he thought was best for me.

He was the reason why i had to delay my proposal. I had to drive to Tenejero and cancel our flight because Ashton told me that our youngest didn't want to come. I also heard from Ryce that some of the arrangements had certain delays so i actually had to ask Asher for help. Thanks to him we got to send Elouise to Taiwan and do some unnecessary errands.

"She's not mad at you."

"Are you sure, kuya?"

"She never got mad at you." I smiled and messed my brother's hair. He was still hesitant even though we're already heading towards the museum.

Elouise was the most beautiful bride. My bride. My most beautiful angel. My princess. My angelic goddess. Words couldn't describe how majestic she was in color white. As if everything was made specifically just for her.

I love every part of her, inside and out.

She was the family i couldn't have in the past. When i am with her, i feel whole. I could feel my heart beating voluntarily again.

She was my home, she was the epitome of my life.

Literal na sa babaeng iyon na lamang umiikot ang mundo ko.

We moved in to my house, now our home. I actually had it made for us, not like i actually expected her to come back but i took the chances. The house felt complete now, i could actually finally call it home. It gives me warmth, coming home every night where my wife would wait for me. Sometimes i would wait for her.

We both had our jobs and busy times but that doesn't stop us from having mini dates, or that's what she would call it. We tried to be as flexible as we could with our schedules, hell i would gamble anything just to be with her 24/7. Every second i've spent with my wife felt so euphoric.

the time spent with her felt so fast, as if i just blinked and there she was—holding the small hand of our daughter, who is the exact copy of my missus.

"Daddy!" My 2 year old daughter ran towards me, i immediately catched her before she could even fall. I expected her to cry when i was able to carry her on my arms, but instead she gave me a really cute grin.

My lovely wife walked towards us, chuckling because of our energetic baby. She wasn't a princess now, she was a queen. This bubbly child in my arms is now my new princess. My daughter, My Athanasia Crescent Chase Laurence.

"Welcome home love." I couldn't be anymore happier with this two sunshines greeting me every time i arrive. I couldn't ask for more, a life with them is a life well spent. A love from them is a miracle from the heavens,

I looked at my wife who had her unfading smile,

words couldn't be enough anymore.

I kissed her on the lips which made her a little surprised, i just laughed as a reply. "I love you." I mouthed so that our child wouldn't be able to hear it.

I love you, my wife.

Always, Anaria Elouise. In all ways.

[Always (adv.); at all times.]

============================================================================

Fin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 8.8K 23
The background changes. One day I'm at school. The other day I'm at the playground. The trees disappeared, the flower withered and died. I saw him sm...
7.7M 222K 52
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...
8.7K 1.4K 118
Nowadays teenagers are tend to be more suffocated in their lives. They think that doing wrong things can make their problems easier. It ain't easy to...
2.7M 170K 57
As far as she remembers, she's the obsessed one. Laila does some crazy things while secretly fangirling over the campus semi-cal cutie, Asher James P...