Great Loss (a hotchniss story)

By lylovescm

Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he develope... More

background
worry (emily's POV)
feelings (hotch's POV)
truth (emily's POV)
plead (hotch's POV)
confess (emily's POV)
regret (hotch's POV)
rush (emily's POV)
gone (hotch's POV)
the letters
contemplate (hotch's POV)
anger (emily's POV)
secrets (hotch's POV)
aware (emily's POV)
odd (hotch's POV)
baby & death (emily's POV)
grieve (hotch's POV)
stress (emily's POV)
suspicions (hotch's POV)
new life (emily's POV)
Athena (narrator's POV)
unveil
encounter
a blast & its aftermath
trapped
too much?
a moment
family
a question
talks
perfect
epilogue

new start (emily's POV)

1.2K 15 14
By lylovescm

*disclaimer: ill be mixing things and names around, you'll understand once you read this chapter.*

I'm really doing this.

Well I have to, I can't tell the pilot to turn around.

"It's for the greater good, for me and the baby. Wait a damn minute, am I even pregnant? I literally only took one test."

Looks like I have to get a test when I arrive.

The stewardess comes in, "Agent Prentiss, we are about to descend, please put on your seatbelt. We're here in London."

I look outside and wow, it's gorgeous. This is going to be our new home.

We land and the stewardess guides me to the door. It's been opened and the stairs leading down are already there. I look and I spot a car and the same concierge. My suitcases are already in the back. And we head off.

During the drive, I get stares from the concierge. I can see her from the corner of my eye. But within minutes, we're already at our destination. "We have arrived Agent," the concierge says.

She opens my door and I give her a smile, to make it seem like I won't bite her after catching her looking at me. She walks with me through the doors of Interpol. It's huge, tons of people are walking in and out of doors and in the main room, there's a big screen with a map.

I feel the urge to throw up. "Where's the nearest bathroom?" I ask. The concierge points to the right. I nod and I dash inside to a stall. I puke.

"Is this nervousness? Or morning sickness?"

I stay inside the bathroom for a while and then I clean myself up. I walk out and the concierge is still waiting. She perks up when she sees me.

The concierge directs me to an office with a black man standing in the corner, his back turned on his phone. I knock on the glass door and he signals for me to come in. The concierge walks in with me.

"She's here Walker," she says.

"Thank you, Greenaway. Both of you please sit," he nodded.

"Why does she need to sit with us? She's just the concierge? And why does her last name sound familiar?"

"I'm Stephen Walker, Chief of Interpol. Welcome Agent Prentiss," he states, as he glares at Elle.

She perks up, "How rude of me, I'm Elle Greenaway. One of the agents working along the side of Walker."

Once I hear her name, I realize. "The Elle Greenaway? Who worked at the BAU in Quantico? And the person I replaced because she shot somebody?"

She chuckles. "Well then I must be known back at the BAU."

"Why didn't you stop by the BAU and say hi? I'm pretty sure the team would love to see you," I ask.

"The BAU brings back memories that I don't want to remember. I moved here because of that. My love for crime has always stayed in my heart. And so I traveled the world till I found about Interpol," she explains. "Now here I am."

Walker looks bored. "Okay ladies, maybe you two can talk some other time. Agent Greenaway, may I speak to Agent Prentiss alone?" he asks her.

"Sure thing, I'll be right outside," she says. And she walks out.

"Agent Prentiss, we didn't expect you to come so early. We thought you would be here in a couple of weeks," he spoke.

"Some personal things occurred. And I knew I would be here soon, so here I am." I get closer to him. "You didn't need to bring a whole jet to pick me up. I would've done just fine on a regular flight," I whisper.

Walker chuckles, "It's our pleasure, we have taken one of Quantico BAU's members. You deserve it."

"I'm sorry, I just need to ask. Why me, a regular agent?" I ask.

"Agent Prentiss, you have done amazing work with crime. I know the BAU at Quantico wasn't your first job," he says but hesitates. "Your mom also recommended you. And so we looked into you."

My mom. Elizabeth Prentiss, an U.S ambassador. Before I did things on my own, like traveling the world, my mother and I got into a big argument. She wanted me to be a lawyer. But I was dedicated towards crime. I never wanted to see her ever again but she did this. All I wanted to do is say thank you and hug her. She's my mother after all.

"Well, um, thank you?" I chuckle. "You made a good decision despite my mother's actions, I am a hard worker and very dedicated toward my job.

Walker sighs and laughs too. He signals Elle to come in and she sits back into the seat. He looks at the time. "Well, the sun's about to be up. I think you should unpack your things."

"About that, where is all of my things? Strauss said that you'll be handling it so people came to my house and picked it up," I questioned.

Walker and Greenaway make eye contact. "Ah I see. Since you will be a great asset to our team and we're hoping you'll be here for a while, we set a place for you. The courtesy of Interpol. And it is temporary."

My jaw drops. "Are you serious? You didn't have to do that."

"It'll give you time to find your own desired place here in London. Elle will bring you there now, and please settle in. You still have a couple weeks before you start work. Explore London," Walker says as he stands up, sticking his hand out.

I stand up too along with Elle. "Yes Sir, I will do just that. Thank you so much." I say.

Elle and I walk out and we hop in the car we used earlier.

Elle starts talking, "So tell me a little bit about yourself. How's everyone at the BAU? How's my dad?"

"Well, I don't really like talking about myself so I'll talk about the BAU. I've been with them for a couple years now. And I'm assuming your dad is Rossi?" I guess.

"No, it's Gideon, it was an inside joke that Reid somewhat knows. Looks like he's not there anymore. Who's this Rossi?" Elle's voice raises.

"I've heard that he and Gideon started the BAU. But so far, everyone's been good from what I know." I say, looking outside. I miss my family so much.

Elle notices and continues talking, "How's Hotch? I heard he's Unit Chief or something like that? How's his family?"

Hotch. The love of my life. Tears start to develop. "Hotch...um...He's doing well. He's divorced and his ex wife died due to an unsub." Elle's eyes widen, trying not to freak out. "I don't know how much you remember about Jack though. He's grown up."

"Holy shit, I didn't even know. I hope he's doing good. Has he dated anyone else?" Elle keeps asking.

"Well, me but not anymore."

"Um...not that I know of. He keeps stuff to himself. He barely even smiles," I replied.

"He does smile Emily. With you. When he's with you. When he was with you..."

I snap out of my thoughts. "Based on the address, here we are. Your new casa."

We get out of the car and we walk up the stairs. It's a house but a very small house. Almost like a penthouse. Elle passes me the key and I open it up.

The interior is white and black, kind of like the exterior of the house. It's small but very spacious. One room, two bathrooms. Almost all of my things are here.

I slap my forehead. "Oh shit, I forgot. My big furniture isn't coming in until tomorrow." I mumble.

Elle heard me. "It's okay. You can come stay with me. I have an extra room."

We leave and I lock up the new place.

"New beginnings, Em. New beginnings."

I realize, "Wait could we stop somewhere? A pharmacy or anything like that?"

Elle looks at me weird but nods. We get to the pharmacy. I don't know where the tests are so I have to ask Elle. "Hey, do you know where the pregnancy tests are? I ask in a low voice.

Her eyes grow again and we get the pregnancy test. We pay and we get back in the car. The ride is silent until we get to the house.

We get there and it's very modern but old. It's a two story. "This is what Interpol got you?" I ask, staring in awe. Elle gets my suitcases.

"Nope, well kind of. I bought this myself, from the money I receive working with Interpol." she says, opening the door and turning on the lights. "The guest room is upstairs to the left. The other is mine. Make yourself at home."

She helps me drag my suitcase upstairs. I open up my room and it's very cozy. I even have my own bathroom. It's 8:00am. I take a shower and hop into pajamas. I walk downstairs and I smell food.

Elle's in the kitchen, cooking in her pajamas, her hair wet. "Hey, I made breakfast. Thought you were hungry," she smiles.

"Damn right, I might be eating for two now."

She sets plates on the dining table. And we both sit. We eat in silence before she starts talking.

"Can I call you Em?" I nod. "Okay I know, it's none of my buisness but what's up with the pregnancy test? I'm asking because you know Walker needs to know about this. He needs to limit your work if you are pregnant. And I'm considering us friends," she wondered. "And also, you were in the bathroom for way too long at Interpol."

I sigh. I needed to talk to someone about this. I start to tear up at the fact that I'm here now, thousands of miles away from my family.

Elle notices and grabs my hand. "Hey, don't cry. I'm sorry for asking. You okay?"

"Yeah, well no. It's just that a lot of stuff happened back home. And I really haven't told anyone about it," I sob, as I rub my stomach.

"I hope you see me as a new friend because I'll listen," she comforted.

I begin to talk about my life and the BAU, Hotch and our kiss, and us being together, my offer, him finding out about my decision, the arguments between Penelope, JJ, and I, the positive pregnancy test. And how I'm here in London, a couple weeks early.

"What the fuck Em? Hotch doesn't know about the baby? You never told him in the letter? And this has happened within 3 days? Damn, you're kinda living in a fantasy," Elle begins to slouch. We moved to the couch after eating because she was so interested in my story.

I nod and try to wipe away my tears. "Thank you Elle, I really needed this. Obviously, I couldn't talk about this with my best friends but I needed to let everything out." I scooch over to her and lean on her shoulder. "Don't be offended but I let you into my life pretty easily. I have lots of trust issues. But maybe I'm vulnerable right now because I'm a wreck."

She laughs and I laugh too. "Wait, the pregnancy test you got today, take it right now, and we'll know for sure if you're pregnant."

We both go upstairs and I take the pregnancy test with me into the bathroom. Elle's standing outside. A couple minutes later, I let Elle into the bathroom, as we wait for the results.

"If I am, I'm going to be happy. He/she has to live with the fact that its father isn't going to be in his life," I say, beginning to tear up.

Elle gives me a hug. "Hey, we don't worry until there's something to worry about." We hear beeps and we look at the test. It says POSITIVE.

"Well shit, looks like we have something to worry about," Elle complains, laughing.

I chuckle too. "What am I going to do? Am I a bad mother to keep my child away from her father? I can't handle being a single mother. Not like my mother." I tear up.

"Stop the f****** tears Em. Pull your s*** together. You got this. You won't be your mother, or maybe you will. She had this amazing daughter. And you will too, with your child." Elle exclaims. "I'm not letting you go through this alone. I'm going to be by your side."

I look up at her as I lean on the sink. "You will?" I squeaked.

She rolls her eyes. "Obviously. You told me so much about your life that I am now a part of. I'm basically your new best friend and like the second mom and cool aunt to your unborn child."

I laugh and sigh. "Maybe you are. But we have to answer this question. Will we let this baby know who his/her father is?"

Elle gets serious. "Em, that's your decision. I'll agree with whatever you want. You're the mother."

I think about my baby's future. My future. This is my new life. Living in London, working for Interpol.

"No, this baby won't learn who its father is." I declare.

Elle nods. "And will the father know that he has a baby with you."

I hesitate but I know my answer. "No, Hotch doesn't need to know. He doesn't have to know. I left everything behind the day I got onto the plane."

"Okay then, it's final." She comes up and hugs me again. "Let's celebrate!"

"With what?" I ask.

"Sleep, I'm so tired," she complains. "You need it too Mommy, a lot of it, especially in the future."

"Yes please," I agree. Elle walks out the room and waves. I wave back and I close the door. I close the blinds and hop into bed.

I stare at the ceiling. I think about my baby. Am I doing the right thing? A baby is in my stomach.

I can't sleep yet so I toss and turn. But I have an idea.

I look at my stomach, there's no visible bump yet. But I'll give it a try.

I start to talk to my stomach. "Hey little one. This is your mom talking. You may not hear me yet but you're stuck with me. Since you're in me for 9 months, I'll try to stop the cussing around me and I'll follow the rules when people are pregnant. Like not drinking wine. God I miss wine. Anyways, I wanted to say I'm sorry in advance. I'm not letting you meet your father or know who he is. I'm choosing to leave everything behind back home. What made me come here. It's just us, and Elle so far. I hope you know that everything I do is going to be for you and that if your daddy knew, he'd be so happy. I love you already." I conclude.

I turn to my side before closing my eyes.

"I'm a Mom."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Author's Note:
hey angels! i wanted to first say thank you for over 300 reads! this makes me really happy. and it's official, Em's pregnant! for this story, im using characters like Stephen Walker and Elle Greenaway. obviously these two have never met in the show but i just wanted to switch the characters and their stories up a little bit. so please don't be mad if im saying false information, im doing it on purpose!
anyways how do u guys think Hotch is while Em's in London? after his little incident with the alcohol? and what about our baby Reid? you'll have to find out soon ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 196 8
When Hotch's wife gets taken from their own home the team racks their brains together, trying to figure out how to get her home safely.
180K 3.8K 50
Aaron and Emily have always had feelings for each other. But, have never admitted to each other. Hotch is in a relationship with Beth. And Emily in a...
341K 6.3K 68
Jessie Grey just got hired in the BAU and feels like her life is finally getting in order. She finally found a way out of her old life and is more th...