Bubbling over (Editing)

By bangtan_crackhouse

Kim Taehyung is a young man who desperately wants to save his laundromat. Y/N is a lawyer with a dark past... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 (Finale)
Ending Note

31

55 2 0
By bangtan_crackhouse

"What do I even wear?!" I exasperatedly yell, belly-flopping onto my bed. I am still in my pajamas and I had had breakfast a minute ago when Seolhee came over to help me. This is her first time back there since she moved in with Hoseok.

"Ahhh! I don't know how this kind of stuff works!" I continue to wail. I feel the bed dip on my right.

"Y/N, do you have to be this loud at nine in the morning?" Seolhee questions and lets out a yawn afterward. "Why didn't you think of this yesterday?" I roll onto my back and face Seolhee.

"I didn't think of it yesterday. I had a lot of work and I was just excited that I was even going on a date with Namjoon. I mean, me, on a date with him?"

She can't blame me for being so starstruck about this. It's Kim Namjoon we are talking about.

"What time is he picking you up for your date?"

"Eleven"

"AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS NOW?!" Seolhee screams and runs to my closet. She starts rummaging through it.

I thought that would give me plenty of time though? I guess not....Man, I'm rusty.

"There's no time to lose! I'll look for an outfit while you take a shower, I'm sure you don't want to go on a date with a tank and some basketball shorts." I look down at my black and white baggy attire.

She's not lying about that one. She didn't have to call me out like that though, I know I look undercooked.

"Alright, I'll be out in thirty." I get up off my bed and talk into my white marble bathroom that is connected to my bedroom. When I'm finished showering, I dry off and put on some undergarments and a bra and step back into my room. I look on my bed and see an outfit laid out for me. I look back to my white wooden desk, sitting in the matching chair is Seolhee who is pulling make-up out of a small bag.

"When you're done getting dressed I'll do your make-up," Seolhee says, still pulling out make-up.

Am I going to war or something?

"Is that necessary?" I ask.

"Yes, we are going to make sure you snag him. Brow gel, mascara, and chapstick can only get you so far." Seol looks up at me and deadpans.

"Fine," I say and stare at the clothes.

She threw something together that was somewhat decent.

I put on the clothes that were laid out for me and looked at myself in my full-length mirror. The light grey knit ribbed sweater made my torso look longer and cinched. For sure, the long-sleeved yet tight top was cozy and would keep me warm throughout the day. It was complemented with some medium wash mom jeans that were high waisted. On my neck was a simple gold necklace with one rhinestone in the shape of a diamond, along with the earrings dangling from my ears.

Seol, you did well.

"Yes, I know, I did that. Now come over here so I can do your make-up." Seolhee commands. I look over at her and she is now standing beside the chair with a brush in her hand. I walk over to her and sit down on the chair. I close my eyes and wait for her to do her magic. After twenty minutes of her doing my make-up and pep-talking me for my date, I can finally open my eyes. I glance at my reflection on my desk mirror.

I look....pretty.

I look back at my friend.

"Seol, this is just, wow. I look so pretty." I say in amazement.

"For your eyes, I gave you a little pink moment and blended out the ends with some dark brow. It gives you dimension but it's not as harsh as black. I was lighthanded with each color since it's a date, not a dinner, we don't want it to look like you're trying too hard do we? I added individual lashes, thin winged brown eyeliner on the top, and of course did your eyebrows. I added some concealer, contoured, and highlighted of course. To top it all off, I gave you a dusty pink lip. Namjoon won't know what hit him!" Seolhee boasts, clapping her hands. I stand up and hug her.

"Yes, you are the best!" I let go and walk to my bed to pick up my phone.

Ten Fifty? Time goes by quickly.

"I guess I should go now. Shoes?" I ask.

"By the door, along with your coat and purse," Seohlee says and smiles. "Have fun, go get you a man. I'm going back to my house in a bit, you know Hoseok misses me whenever I don't return."

"Okay, make sure to lock up. I'll give you the details when I get home." I walk down the steps and see some black leather ankle booties waiting for me in the foyer. Beside them on a coat rack is my black trench coat and a black Quilted Bag. Putting on my booties and coat, I check the time again, only five minutes have passed since the last time I checked. I grab my keys, lipstick, phone, and wallet from my pocket and plop them in my bag. The doorbell rings.

That's him. Here goes nothing.

__________________________________________________________________

I sit in Namjoon's car, staring at the fire-looking trees that past, admiring their beauty although almost bald now. Namjoon is the first to break the silence.

"I'm sorry I couldn't say it as soon as I saw you, the wind was knocked out of me. You look beautiful as always Y/N. Your style today is very elegant and different, I like that." Namjoon smiles at me through his mirror.

I don't even have to look at myself in the mirror, I KNOW that I'm blushing right now.

I collect myself and look at Namjoon in the mirror.

"Thanks, Joonie. You look quite handsome yourself." I say in a small voice. He's wearing more casual attire than what I usually see him wear. He's wearing a simple black sweater that has yellow writing with black slacks. He also has on black converse and a black quilted jacket around his shoulders.

"Thank you for your kindness but really, you outshined me, as usual."

I swear, if he keeps complimenting me like this I'm going to turn into a tomato.

"May I turn on the radio?" I ask, trying to prevent myself from saying something foolish.

"Of course, turn on what you like. We will arrive at our location in fifteen minutes."

"Okay," I say and turn to a song I like on the radio.

Fly me to the moon.

I sit back in my chair and continue to stare out the window.

I feel eyes on me every couple minutes and turn to look to my left when we stop at a light. Namjoon and I lock eyes and after a few moments, he smiles warmly at me. I quickly turn back to the window.

My heart almost exploded. No more locking eyes for a bit.

I sigh and calm down.

I wonder where we are going.

__________________________________________________________________

We pull into a parking lot and get out of the car. I follow Namjoon to a building that architecture resembles a Roman temple. We walk closer and I can see the name of the building more closely.

So, he brought me to a Museum? Interesting.

We walk to a small booth and Namjoon hands two tickets to the employee behind it. The woman rips a piece off of both tickets and hands them back to Namjoon.

"You may go in, have a wonderful time." The woman smiles at us and we enter the building.

"I didn't think an art museum would be the place you'd take me on our date," I remark.

"What's with that comment Miss Y/N?" He raises a brow.

"Most people come to a museum when they are on a school trip. It's not exactly my first choice." I say truthfully.

The real reason is I'm too lazy to walk around. Also, I'm afraid my clumsy ass will break something.

"It's not all that bad, you just haven't had the right person to bring you. I'll show you what you've been missing. Follow me." He smiles and directs us to a painting called "The Flatterers" by Pieter Brueghel the Younger, 1592. We both stare at the artwork.

"What do you see?" Namjoon asks me.

"Men and women climbing in a man's rear end." I voice in disgust.

This is a weird-ass picture.

"Ah, you're a literalist. That explains a lot."

What?

"Excuse me?" I turn to him and he does the same.

"In college and high school, I studied psychology for a bit. A literalist is someone who sees things very explicitly. Things are as they are. It isn't a bad trait, it is helpful in some situations. However, in an art museum, it hinders the enjoyment of the pieces."

That makes sense.

"What should I do then? How do I reset myself?" I question.

"Look back at the painting. No one wants to crawl into someone's backside. Why do you think they would go so far?" We both look back at the piece.

There's something in the man's hand.

"To get what's in his hand?"

"Precisely," Namjoon says in excitement. "The piece is called 'The Flatterers' because the artist is trying to depict suck up or more so known as ass kissers. It shows that some people will try so hard to please an individual just so that they can get what they want from him."

He looks cute when he is explaining concepts.

"I didn't think of it like that, what an interesting sentiment." I smile.

"There's another way to look at this that you might find more relatable."

"How?"

"The verbatim of babysitting."

We look at each other and burst out in a fit of laughter.

He has a peculiar kind of humor, it compels me.

"Let's keep walking shall we?" Namjoon says after our laughter dies down a bit. I nod and follow him to another piece. I read the gold label underneath the painting, 'A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte' painted by Georges Seurat.

"Where is the deeper meaning in this one oh wise Mr.Kim," I remark and look back at him.

"I don't have a deep concept for you this time. How about a game?" Namjoon asks, smiling at me.

"What kind of game?"

"A scavenger hunt."

"Haven't you been here before? That's cheating!" I cross my arms.

"I'm not playing, I will be timing you."

"And why should I play?"

"It's fun."

"I need more than that Joonie." I raise a brow.

"How about a wish? I'll grant any wish you ask of me to the best of my ability." I smile widely at his proposal.

"Anything I want?" I tilt my head to the side playfully and ask.

"Yes, I am a man of my word." Namjoon chuckles and does a casual salute.

"Alright what do I have to find?"

"Close your eyes." I do as he says. "A pink umbrella, a black cane, a white boat, a little girl, a cat, and a couple about to kiss."

"That's not too bad. How much time do I have?"

"Fifteen seconds."

I open my eyes and shoot them at him.

"Come again."

"You heard me, now close your eyes." He laughs and instructs again. I sigh and comply. "Are you ready?" I nod. "Three, two, one start." My eyes shoot open and I start to spot various objects.

"Done!" I shout as soon as I finish.

"Wow, you're much quicker than I expected. I thought you weren't good at these things. No fair!" Namjoon playfully says.

"I'll admit, it was fun. I was more so driven by that wish I'd get." I smile.

I wonder what I'll ask for? It has to be a good one.

"That scares me a bit. What is it?"

"That's for me to think about and for you to patiently wait for." I poke him in his chest with a confident attitude.

Damn, I didn't know his chest was that hard though.

"Okay, I'll be more patient. Let's continue?" I nod and follow him to another painting. 'Idleness' by John William Godward, 1900.

"She's really pretty, isn't she." I sigh in amazement.

"Not as pretty as the woman standing next to me."

I swear he's going to kill me one day with all these compliments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 356 21
SHIPS: Hoseok x Reader and Jungkook x Reader and very minor Yoongi x Reader Summary: Y/n is a young new doctor at a well known mental hospital. She i...
201K 9.1K 30
Park Jimin is a college student. Normally friends. Normal life. But little does he know that he has two secret admirers who are willing to do anythin...
16.4K 603 33
Where Park Jimin is unsatisfied with his single life and stumbles upon a cute looking Kim Namjoon through online dating. texting chapters but mainly...
50K 1.6K 37
Y/n is a weak girl with a strong mindset. Her life is miserable but she believes that she can pull through anything if she keeps herself together. Ju...