Branch X Reader

By Multiplefandomsgirl

After the Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy and Y/N the happiest Trolls ever born, and the overly-cautious... More

Prologue
Shake Your Hair
The Party
Get Back Up Again
Bergen Town
Rescue Gone Wrong
True Colors
Can't stop the feeling
Trolls Holiday
Trolls Just Wanna Have Fun
Road Trip
The Country Trolls
Jazz Troll Encounter
The Ugly Truth
Captured
Just Sing
Trolls Holiday In Harmony

The Plan

4.4K 70 24
By Multiplefandomsgirl

In the Bergen Town Castle, Prince Gristle Jr., who is now King Gristle Jr., is an adult, wearing his same gold crown and red royal cape with white fur and black spots, but with a red and white striped short sleeved shirt that is too small for him, blue shorts, white toe socks, and yellow sandals on his feet. He lays across his throne, with Chad and Todd, his two Bergen guards, and an adult Bridget, who is vacuuming the floor with a handheld vacuum cleaner. He sighs and turns to his pet alligator with grey skin, pink hairs, and a spiked collar around his neck, Barnabas. "Oh, Barnabas. You're my only friend in this whole miserable world." King Gristle said. Barnabas just rolled his eyes. Gristle looks at the painting of his father looking happy. "Dad was right." He said. Gristle gets up on his throne and bangs his head on the headboard. "I'll never ever, never ever, never be happy." He said. He lays his head on the seat and mumbles. "Never." A mysterious voice echoes throughout the room. "Never say never." All of a sudden, Chef comes out from behind a plant, knocking it down in the process. Barnabas growls as the guards ready their spears. Chef just walks past them.

"Chad. Todd." She takes off her cape, having it hang on the spears. She steps on Bridget's vacuum, causing the nozzle to close. "Chef, where did you come from? My father banished you 20 years ago. Have you been standing behind that plant this whole time?" King Gristle asked. "If only, sire. No. I've been out in the wilderness, thinking of nothing but how I let you down. If only there was some way I could make you feel better." Chef said. "Well, fat chance! The only way I'll ever be happy is by eating a Troll, and that ain't gonna happen, thanks to you." King Gristle said. "Ah, but it just might. Thanks to me." She unzips her pouch to reveal the singing Trolls coming out. Everyone gasps in awe. Gristle stretches his hand out to grab one. "You found the Trolls." Chef slaps his hand. Gristle backs away. "Whoa.. Everyone retreats back into the pouch. "So this means I might actually get to be happy!" King Gristle said. "That's right." Chef said. The Trolls cower as she zips the pouch shut. "Of course, everyone else in Bergen Town will still be miserable, but that's not your concern." Chief said. "I am their king, so maybe it kinda is." King Gristle said. Chef runs to the arm of the chair. "What exactly are you proposing? Bringing back Trollstice? For everyone? Hmm..." Chef said. "Yes! That's exactly what I'm proposing." King Gristle said. "Great idea, sire. Absolutely brilliant. Aren't you smart?" Chef asked.

"I guess I am." King Gristle said. Chef carries him off the throne and sits down. "And I, your loyal chef, will be right behind you. Holding a knife." Chef said. "What's that?" King Gristle asked. "Holding a knife, a spoon, a ladle. She Pushes wooden spoon to his forehead. "I'm your chef, after all!" Chef said. "Yeah, you sure are!" King Gristle said. Chef, now clean, pushes the door to the kitchen. "I'm back!" She turns around and sees Bridget. "You, scullery maid, what's your name?" Chef asked. "Uh, Bridget." Bridget said, "Congratulations, Idget. You work for me now." She points to a pile of dirty dishes. "So you take those dishes downstairs and you start scrubbing." Chef said. "Yes, Chef. Thank you, Chef." Chef walks over to a cage, unzips her pouch, and empties the Trolls into the cage. Biggie makes hushing sounds to Mr. Dinkles who didn't show any emotion. "Shh. Don't cry, Mr. Dinkles. Shh! Guys, Mr. Dinkles is really freaking out!" Mr. Dinkles just squeaks. Creek gets everyone's attention. "Whoa, whoa! Everyone, we must all remain calm." Creek takes out a comb and slowly combs his hair. "Comb." He said. "That's right. A calm Troll is a tasty Troll." Everyone cowers as Chef takes out a cookbook on Trolls. "And you are a key ingredient in my recipe for success." Everyone gasps. "You see, he who controls the Trolls controls the kingdom. And I, I am that "he!" Chef said. "You're a dude?" Cooper asked.

Chef takes out a knife, cuts a lemon, and squirts it in Cooper's eyes. "Ah!" Chef puts away the knife in her holster which revealed her bare legs, making Biggie cover Mr. Dinkles' eyes. "Ooh." "By this time tomorrow, I'll be queen, and all of Bergen Town will get exactly what they deserve. True happiness!" Chef cackles as thunder and lightning boom outside and the frog-crow crows. In the castle halls, two Bergen guards left to secure the other hallways. After they left, it's revealed that the fire in the holster isn't actually a fire; it's yours, Poppy's and Branch's hair. Branch, you and Poppy swung your hair to a ceiling lamp, landing on a door frame. "So where do you think our friends are?" Poppy asked. "If I had to guess, I'd say in a Bergen's stomach." Branch said. "Could you try to be positive? Just once. You might like it." You said. "Okay. I'm sure they're not only alive, but about to be delivered to us on a silver platter." Branch gave you a fake smile. "Thank you. That wasn't so hard, was it?" Poppy asked. Branch was about to say something until a ding sound came from yours and Poppy's wristbands. You gasp. "Branch!" You said. "Hug time? Serious-" you shushed him. "Listen." You said. You listen for distant ding sounds In the dining hall, the cage that held the Trolls was being rolled over as Gristle and Chef entered. "This is gonna be the best Trollstice ever! Such a great idea I had." King Gristle said.

"Yes. Tomorrow is Trollstice, everyone. And it must be perfect!" Chef said. "Yes, Chef!" King Gristle said. "Feels great to be ordering everyone around again." Chef said. You, Poppy and Branch landed on one of the chandeliers.You and Poppy see the cage. "Branch, look!" Poppy said. "They're alive?" He asked. "And on a silver platter, too. We were both right." You said. Chef opens a small wooden box to reveal a Troll bib. "And to mark the occasion, Your Highness, look. I found your old Troll bib." Chef said. "Oh, wow! I bet you it still fits." King Gristle put it on, but he struggles to fully tie it. As it turns out, it was too tight on him, but he thought otherwise. "Like a glove!" It wasn't long until the bib ripped into many pieces. "Ahh..." Bridget said. Cooper laughs until everyone shushes him. Angered, Gristle walks over to the cage. "Oh, you think that's funny? We'll see who's laughing when I bite your yummy head off. When I bite all y'alls yummy heads off." Gristle suddenly realizes something. "Wait a minute. Chef, this isn't enough yummy heads to feed all of Bergen Town." He said. Chef gets nervous. "How are we supposed to have Trollstice if there's not enough Trolls?" King Gristle asked. "Oh, there's plenty more where that came from, sire." Chef said. As you, Poppy and Branch were watching from the chandelier, you get worried.

"Are you sure? Because I promised everyone a Troll." King Gristle said. "No, no, no, sire! Everything will be fine. If I were truly worried, would I be willing to do this?" Chef opens the cage and grabs Creek. "Creek!" You and Poppy shout. Branch grabs you and Poppy before you give away your hiding spot. Chef looks over at the chandelier but sees nothing. Gristle walks over to her. "Oh, my first Troll!" King Gristle said. Chef hands Creek to Gristle. "Go on, eat, King Gristle. Enjoy a taste of true happiness." Chef said. Creek struggles to get out of his grip. Everyone watches as Gristle is about to put Creek in his mouth, but stops. "Shouldn't we wait for Trollstice?" King Gristle asked. Everyone sighs in relief. "Sire, every day is Trollstice when you have Trolls." Chef said. You, Branch and Poppy look at each other in worry. Chef puts Creek inside a prepared taco shell and places the dish in front of Gristle. Gristle grabs the taco. "Yeah, I guess." He was about to put the taco in his mouth until he stops. "But my dad said the first time should be special." He said. Everyone was relieved that he didn't eat him again. Especially Creek. "Well, you're the king now." Chef puts hot sauce in the taco. "Yeah, I am the king." He starts to put the taco in his mouth again, but stops. "But I think I should share this moment with all the kingdom." He said.

"Eat it!" She forces the taco in his mouth. Everyone gasps in horror as Gristle was enjoying the taste. "Oh, my god!" You and Poppy runs to the edge of the chandelier. "No!" You and Poppy shout. "Yes!" Chef snaps her fingers and all of a sudden, Gristle was in a sombrero and holding maracas while the guards were playing mariachi music. They spun Gristle around with the taco still in his mouth. Chef walks towards the doors until she turns to Bridget. "Idget, lock these Trolls in your room and guard them with your life." She throws her wooden spoon at her and hits Bridget. "Yes, Chef." She said. Gristle moans after all that spinning. "Yes. Yes, I know." Chef leads Gristle out of the room. "Branch, we have to save him!" Poppy said. Branch grabs Poppy. "Save him from what? His stomach?" He asked. "We didn't see him chew. We didn't see him swallow!" You said. "Face it, guys. Sometimes people go into other people's mouths, and they don't come out. If we go after Creek now, we're going to get eaten. I'm sorry, but it's too late for him." Branch said. You look over the edge and see Bridget pushing the cart that held the cage that was covered with a sheet. You suddenly get an idea and jump off the chandelier. Branch runs over to the edge where you jumped. "Y/N!" He said. You slide down the ladder, jump on a spoon, and slide across the table. You extend your hair to a broomstick and swing onto Bridget's tied apron. Poppy does the same. Branch jumps off the chandelier, hops on the guards' hats, and swings over to where you and Poppy were holding onto.

Once Bridget gets to her bedroom, you, Poppy and Branch hop off of her and hide. Bridget places the cage on her table until she hears Chef calling through a tunnel from the ceiling. " Scullery maid!" Pots and pans fall down from the tunnel, pilling all over Bridget. "Wash these pots and pans for Trollstice. You, Poppy and Branch sneak to another part of the room in order to get closer to the cage. "The king's inviting everyone. Except you." A spoon hits Bridget's head. At that last part, Bridget finally broke down. You, Poppy and Branch observe Bridget as she jumps on her bed, crying. She opens a small curtain to reveal a magazine of King Gristle over other cutouts of him. Bridget sings as she cuts out a picture of him from the magazine. "I've been alone with you inside my mind." She imagines herself kissing King Gristle's photo, but it breaks apart. "And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times." She starts to remember all the times she's admired King Gristle from afar. "I sometimes see you pass outside my door

Bridget

Hello

Is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes

I can see it in your smile

You're all I've ever wanted

And my arms are open wide

'Cause you know just what to say

Bridget remembers the time when she was picking up after Gristle while he shouts at Chad and Todd. "And you know just what to do. "And I want to tell you so much." She caresses a pillow she stuck King Gristle's picture on. "I love you." She cries into the pillow until she suddenly falls asleep. "Oh, she's in love with the king." Poppy said. "What are you talking about? Bergens don't have feelings." Branch said. "Well, maybe you don't know everything about the Bergens. Now let's go." You said. You run towards the cage while Bridget sleeps. You climb up the table and Branch takes the cover off of the cage. You and Poppy are glad to see that your friends are ok. "Guys!" Poppy said. "Poppy! Y/N! Celebrate good times, come on!" The snack pack sung.

You

It's a celebration!

Branch shushed you and everyone else. "There's a party going on right here." They whisper sung. "No! There is not a party going on right here." Branch takes out a pair of scissors from Poppy's hair and uses them to unlock the cage. Branch gives the scissors, which are now bent, back to Poppy. "The sooner we get you guys out of here..." "The sooner we can save Creek!" Poppy said. "What?!" Branch asked. Bridget wakes up. "Hello?" She asked. Everyone gasps, afraid what she'll do to them, but Bridget falls back to sleep. "Is it me you're looking for?" She asked. Everyone sighs in relief. Branch opens the cage. "Poppy, I know you and your sister are looking for the cupcakes and rainbows here, but let's face it, Creek's been eaten." Branch said. Everyone steps out of the cage. "They put him in a taco!" Biggie said. "It was horrible." Cooper said. "Sorry, Poppy. Creek's gone." Guy Diamond said. "Poppy, how could you possibly think Creek's still alive?" Branch asked. "I don't think he's alive. I hope he's alive, and that's enough." Poppy said. "How do you always look on the bright side? There is no bright side here. None!" Branch said. "There's always a bright side." You said. All of a sudden, a light shines on all of them. Bridget finally woke up to see what was going on. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Bridget asked.

Everyone screams and runs away from her. Bridget tries to catch them, but Guy Diamond uses his glitter to blind her. "Glitter!" Bridget runs over to a rack where some of the Trolls ran into. "No! Get back in your cage!" She tries to catch them, but it just turned into a game of whack-a-mole. "Chef's gonna be so mad!" Biggie runs away from her. "No!" Bridget sees him hide behind a basket, so she goes after him, until Branch comes out, using a fork as a weapon. Bridget finds a pan and was about to whack him until Poppy calls her. "Bridget, stop! You're in love with King Gristle." Poppy said. "Um, I don't know what you're talking about." Bridget said. Poppy opens the curtain to show a whole collage of pictures of King Gristle. "Uh, excuse me!" Bridget runs over to cover it up. "That's not mine." You open a small part of the curtain to show a wedding picture with her and Gristle's head taped on the body. Bridget gives up. "What does it matter? It's not like he even knows I'm alive." Bridget said. "Bridget, we can help you! What if there was a way we could both get what we want?" You asked. Bridget puts her hand on the ledge. "You love Gristle, too? You'd better back off, girlfriend!" Bridget makes awkward hissing noises. You and Poppy just gave her weird looks.

"No. Bridget, no. That Troll King Gristle put in his mouth, that's Creek. And we would do anything to save him." Poppy said. "The only problem is. We can't get anywhere near the king without him eating us." You said. "Oh." Bridget said. "But... You can. You can walk right up to him and tell him how you feel." Poppy said. "As if. I can't just walk right up to the king. His royal awesomeness would never talk to a scullery maid like me." Bridget said. "What if he didn't know you were a scullery maid? What if he thought you were this total babe?" You asked. "What kind of total babe would be dressed like a scullery maid? I smell like gravy." Bridget said. "What if we made you a new outfit?" Satin asked. "I'm thinking..." Chenille said. "Jumpsuit!" Satin and Chenille said together. "What's the point of a jumping suit if I still have this hair?" Bridget asked. "Oh, we can fix that." You said. "What's the point of a new outfit and new hair if I don't even know what a total babe would ever say?" Bridget asked. "We can help with that too." Poppy said. Bridget gets close to you and Poppy. "Really?" She asked. "What do you say, Bridget? You get us Creek, and we'll get you a date with the king." You said. Bridget looks down at the Snack Pack and then to her collage. "Let's do it?" She asked. "A 5, 6, 7, 8..." Poppy sung. Everyone grabs her make-up and sing.

SNACK PACK

When you look in the mirror

Let it disappear

All your insecurities

"Wait!" Bridget points to Branch. "Why isn't this one singing?" She asked. "Come on, Branch. Sing with us!" Cooper said. "Yeah, Branch, sing with us!" Biggie said. "Oh, no. That's okay." Branch said. "You don't think this will work?" Bridget asked. "Oh, no, no. It's not that. I just don't sing." Branch said. "Branch!" You said. "No. He's right. This idea is stupid. King Gristle will never love me!" She cries on her bed. As she's crying, everyone tries to comfort her. "Come on. Hey, hey. What's all this?" Biggie asked. "That's right, Bridget. Just let it all out." DJ Suki said. "Bridget, let it go. Just have a good cry. Go, girl!" Biggie said. Bridget cries more than necessary. "Okay, now bring it back in. Reel it in." Biggie said. Branch was getting tired of watching all of this, so he climbs on the curtain. You and Poppy follow. "Branch, what are you doing? You have to sing!" Poppy said. "I told you, I don't sing." Branch said. "Well, you have to!" You said. "I'm sorry. I can't." Branch said. "No, you can. You just won't." Poppy said. You three finally make it up to the window as Branch tries to open it. "Fine. I just won't." Branch said. "You have to!" You said. "No!" Branch said. "Yes!" Poppy said. "No!" Branch said. "Why not? Why won't you sing?" You asked. "Because singing killed my grandma, okay?" Branch asked. "Leave me alone." Branch walks over to the corner of the windowsill. You and Poppy were shocked after what Branch said. Everyone went silent. "My uncle broke his neck tap dancing once." Cooper said to Biggie. You and Poppy walk over to Branch. "How did singing kill your grandma? What song was she singing?" Poppy asked. "I was the one singing." Branch said.

~Flashback~

A blue Troll boy, Branch at a young age, was singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" while using a rose as a microphone.

Young Branch

And I need you now tonight. And I need you more than ever

"That day, I was so lost in song... I didn't hear my grandma trying to warn me." Branch said. Branch's grandma was hanging clothes until she saw Chef coming. "Branch! Watch out!" She starts running towards him.

Young Branch

And we'll only be making it right

"Watch out, Branch!" Branch sees Chef about to grab him, but his grandma pushes him out of the way, so she was the one that got captured. Branch fell off and landed on the ground. He heard his grandma scream. "Grandma!" Branch said. By the time his grandma was gone, he lost his blue and turned gray.

~Present moment~

Snack Pack

"Once upon a time

There was light in his life

But now there's only love in the dark

Nothing he can say

Bridget comes up to where everyone was at and finishes the song. "A total eclipse of the heart." Bridget sung. "I haven't sung a note since." Branch said. "I'm so sorry, Branch. I had no idea. I just assumed you had a terrible voice." You said. "No, no, it was like an angel's. At least, that's what Grandma used to say." Branch said. You walked over and hugged him. "Whoa, whoa. What are you doing? It's not Hug Time." Branch said. "I just thought you could use one." You said. Soon, everyone joined in on the hug, even Bridget. Branch gets out of the hug. "Okay. Okay, I'll help. But I'm still not singing." Branch said. "Okay, people. Hair we go!" Poppy said. The Trolls get on Bridget's head as they extend their hair.

You, Poppy, Cooper, Biggie, Satin, Chenille, DJ, Smidge, Guy Diamond

I'm coming. I'm... coming... out. I'm coming. I'm... coming... out. I'm coming.

Bridget

Yo! I'm coming out like the sun after rain. Ready to shine. No time to be playing. Feeling good. Gonna get get what I, what I want. Gonna show every-everybody how I, how I flaunt. Look at me now, confidence is soaring. Dudes be impressed with the points I'm scoring like that ain't boring. And it just don't quit. Watch the king drop his jaw when I'm shaking my hips. I'm saying.

You, Poppy, Cooper, Biggie, Satin, Chenille, DJ, Guy Diamond, Smidge

She's coming out.

Biggie

She's coming.

You, Poppy, Bridget

It's time to take a stand and show the world that I'm coming out.

You and Bridget high five at the end of the song. Bridget notices that she was standing on an alligator, and decided to feed it the sandwich.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 160 12
The Lost Trolls have finally made peace with the six other troll tribes and everyone is living in the harmony that they always wanted. But as secrets...
86 5 4
When their fellow Trolls are captured by hungry Bergens, upbeat Princess Poppy, her grouchy pal Branch and his worried Sister Daisy embark on the adv...
51.5K 1K 22
Val is the only troll-sized human in the world of trolls. She doesn't remember where she's from and lives alone. One night, a colorless troll named B...
1.8K 46 16
A world of Trolls where bergens doesn't exist. And all trolls continued living in harmony. An unknown adventure awaits for two trolls. They didn't kn...