Road Trip

"Alright. In a short 456 pages, I'm gonna know how to fly this thing." Branch said as he opened a manual on how to fly a hot air balloon. "Branch, we don't need a giant, comprehensive manual." You said as you grabbed the book and threw the book out of the hot air ballon. Branch gasped and tried to reach for it. "How hard can it be?" You walked up to the controllers and started to push a few buttons, which caused the hot air balloon to fly really fast and in different directions. You finally stopped a few seconds later. "Alright, Y/N! Easy on the buttons!" The hot air balloon said. "Sorry." You said. "Shh. What was that?" Branch asked as you hear snoring. You looked toward the cotton candy pile and walked toward it.

You moved the cotton candy to see Biggie and Mr. Dinkles sleeping, who is covered in cotton candy. "Biggie?" Poppy asked. Biggie woke up and looked at the three of you. "Oh, hello. Sorry. I couldn't help myself. You know how I am around cotton candy." He said. Mr. Dinkles was stuck to Biggie. "Oh, dear. Now looks what's happened. Mr. Dinkles got all gummed up." Biggie said as he tried to get Mr. Dinkles off him. Mr. Dinkles was now stuck to Biggie's hand. Biggie shook his hand really hard and Mr. Dinkles goes flying off the hot air balloon. "Mr. Dinkles!"  Biggie said as he ran to the edge of the hot air balloon. He looked down to see Mr. Dinkles stuck on the side of the hot air balloon. "Oh, there you are. I thought you were... Oh. Right, then. we'll just be on our way..." Biggie stopped when he realized that they are high in the sky in a hot air balloon.

"Poppy, Y/N, where are you balloon-flying us to?" Biggie asked. "We're on a mission to help Barb untie the Trolls, and I'm so glad you're coming with us." You said. "I did what in the who now?" Biggie asked. "Hey, man, join the club." Branch said sarcastically. "And I hope you didn't eat all the cotton candy, because Barb is gonna love it." Poppy said. You looked at Branch to see him messing with a basket. "Branch?" You asked. "Yes, Y/N?" Branch asked nervously. "What is this?" You asked. "Oh it's nothing, nothing. That's just my man stuff." Branch said as he stood in front of the basket. "I love man stuff!" You said as you opened the basket to reveal rocks and sharp sticks.

"Weapons? For shame." Poppy said as she looked at Branch. "Well. Uh..." Branch said. "Violence never solves a problem, Branch." You said as you threw the stick which went into Mr. Dinkles's mouth. Biggie gasped and pushed it out and Branch caught it. "I'm not saying we have to use them. I'm just saying it's better to be prepared in case we need them." Branch said. "We won't need them unless these pointy sticks help you listen or these rocks help you put yourself in someone else's shoes." Poppy said. "Or what about these?! Is this some kind of jewel- oh it's actually kind of cool looking. Oh." You said as you admired it. "Give me that!" Branch said as he snatched it away. "We don't even know what's out there." Branch said. It was quiet for a little until Poppy kicked the basket out of the hot air balloon. "Wait! N- Oh, man. By the way, I whittled those for hours." Branch said. "Branch, the only weapons we need are this guy and this guy, for hugs." Poppy said as she held her arms out. "Uh, you may want to take a look at this." Biggie said as he pointed to something in the distance. You looked to see a destroyed village.

"This is gonna take a lot of hugs." Branch said. You land in the village and look around. "Whoa." You said as you looked around. "Something gnarly happened here." Branch said. "Hello?" A little voice said. "Who said that? Identify yourself." Branch said to the voice. "Uh, are you nice or are you mean?" The voice asked. "We're nice. We're really nice." You said. "Yeah, but not too nice. So don't even try it." Branch said nervously. "Okay." The voice said as a flute peaked out from behind a pile of sand. You ran to it and picked it up gently. "What is this place?" Poppy asked as she stood beside you. "It used to be called Symphonyville. Where the Classical Music Trolls lived. But that was in the before." The flute said. "What happened here?" You asked. "Well, it was the most wonderful place you ever did see. It was a place where all of the Classical Music Trolls could live in perfect harmony. Wherever the conductor led, we followed. But then Queen Barb showed up. She took our string. Our music. She took everyone. We lost everything." The flute said. "Barb doesn't want to unite us. She wants to destroy us." Poppy said. You kneeled down, and the flute hopped out of your hands and onto the ground.

"We need to make sure our own string is safe." Branch said as he walked up to you and Poppy. "Our string is safe." You said before pulling the Pop string out of your blue hair. "What?! Y/N are you crazy?" Branch asked. "I thought it was a good idea at the time. I can't believe another queen would use her power for evil." You said. "Okay. Change of plans. We need to get home as fast as we can and get everyone in the bunker." Branch said. "Uh, no. Change of plans. We have to stop Barb from destroying all music. If we don't stop her, who will?" Poppy asked. "Poppy, you said this could be handled with hugs. How are we gonna hug our way out of this one?" Biggie asked as he started to freak out. "It's okay, Biggie." You said. "Really? It's okay to be terrified? When am I gonna learn to stay away from the cotton candy?!" Biggie asked. "No. As your queen, I promise that I will protect you, no matter what. I... pinky promise." Poppy said as she has her pinky out. Biggie gasped as he turned around to face Poppy. "Poppy, you know you can't go back on a pinky promise." Biggie said. "Never did, never will." Poppy said. Biggie and Poppy link pinkies together and they levitated as pink glitter appeared around them. The pink glitter blowed everywhere, causing the hot air balloon to fly off.

The glitter disappeared and Biggie and Poppy land back on the ground. "Let it be so." Poppy said. "And so it is." Biggie said. Branch just sighed in annoyance. "This just got real." The flute said as you opened a map of Troll Kingdom and placed it on the ground. "We have to get to the Country Music Trolls in Lonesome Flats before Barb does." You said. You turned around and looked at the flute. "Will you come with us?" You asked. "Oh, no. Someone has to rebuild. And Pennywhistle is that woodwind for the job." The flute said. Poppy walked over and put a construction builder's hat on Pennywhistle. "Good luck, little Pennywhistle." She said. "Goodbye, Poppy." Pennywhistle said. You start walking towards the County Trolls.