Twisted Fate ( Rivamika Lemon...

By FefiprAnon

Eventual lemon, smut, angst,and a lot of fluff Eren and Levi share a secret about Mikasa's past. Mikasa confe... More

Beginnings
Unraveling
kick-off
Unexpected
Shit
Bonds
Pact With The Devil
Consequences
Truths
All for One
Broken
Selfless
More stories

Off on the wrong Boot

4.1K 125 264
By FefiprAnon

Notes: Yes, Petra is in this story, no reason to panic there is no love interest between Levi and her. :)

-----------------------------------

Author P.O.V.

Arriving at Erwin's office and sitting on the chair across his desk, Levi asked, "What do you want to talk about?"

Erwin stared at him, and Levi already knew where this was going, "Mikasa Ackerman is one of the new recruits of the Survey Corps..."

"Tsc- the moody brat from the courtroom, right?"

"Yes. Eren's adoptive sister..."

Surprised by the unknown fact to him, he thought, Adoptive sister?

"She was top of her class; her skills and strength can be compared to 100 soldiers combined."

This sounds like bullshit, he thought, "So where are you going with this?"

Erwin sighed knowing that Levi was clearly annoyed at the topic.

"I heard about the interaction you two had the day of Eren's trial, it's evident the animosity between the two of you."

Clearly impatient, Levi said, "Again, where are you going with this?"

"Levi, she might not be in your squad yet-"

Shouting, with an incredulous look on his face, Levi cut him short, "Yet?!"

"Yes. Yet. She has the skill to be on the elite team, she would be a valuable addition in a near future."

"You can't be serious, that brat hates me, she would never follow my orders!"

"That is why I said 'Yet' I want you to work on fixing any animosity that exists between the two of you, whether you like it or not, she is a valuable asset against Titans, her skill and level, with training, can easily be compared to yours."

You gotta be fucking kidding me, Levi thought.

"About following orders", Erwin continued," she knew what she was getting into when she signed for the Survey Corps, orders are the base of everything, you will substitute her superior every once and a while to see how it goes."

"Interacting with that brat is going to be a pain in the ass."

"Don't underestimate the satisfaction of knowing that someone hates your guts but can't act on it because you are their superior. In the end, whether she likes it or not, she'll have to follow your orders. There lies the true test of objectivism, you don't need soldiers who act at every whim or emotion they feel at the moment. If she doesn't know how to be objective then, is YOUR job to show it to her."

Annoyed at the conversation and wanting to end it Levi asked, "Is that all?"

"One last thing... I need to make this perfectly clear..." he stared at Levi and with a serious tone he continued, "NO, you cannot kill her"- Erwin said.

Levi grunted in protest of his last words and left the office.

-----------------

The morning sun rays crept into her face through the window, waking her up. She stretched and sat on the side of the bed staring at the floor with sleepy eyes, it should be illegal to wake up this early, she thought. She groaned and stood up to get ready for the day when someone knocked at her door...

"Mikasa? Are you there?", at the sound of Eren's voice she ran to flew open the door and almost tackling him with a hug.

"Eren!! What are you doing here?!"- she asked, they have not seen each other since the trial.

He laughed and hugged her back tightly, "You might want to put some pants on. You know, since you are out of your room... in a public space."

She yelped, embarrassed she grabbed his hand and hurried him into her room, "I just... I was getting dressed, about to put my pants on when I heard your voice... I guess I just dropped them to run out to see you out of excitement" she sighed... "So, what are you doing here?" she asked him while she resumed dressing.

"Well, after the trial, Captain Lev-"

She cut him off, "You mean Captain asshole."

"Mikasa", he said giving her a warning look.

"Don't worry, is not like I will call him like that on his face" ...at least not with you around

Eren sighed, "Well, as I was saying, after the trial Captain Le-... asshole, put me on a rigid observation period to make sure that I could control the transformation. He told me yesterday that I was ready to start the daily routines like any regular cadet, so here I am."

"How did he know that you were ready?"

"Well, let's just say that he wasn't able to make me transform just out of rage."

"Are you saying that he was trying to make you angry all this time?"

"Sort off...", trying to change the topic Eren Asked, "Where is Armin's room? Let's go get him to go and have some breakfast."

Giving him a suspicious look, Mikasa replied, "okay, but you will have to explain to me later the 'making-you-angry' thing" ...he was probably beating the shit out of him during all this time.

"Just drop it, it's over, and I am here now, that's all that matters."

Still suspicious about it but not wanting to make him anxious, she dropped the subject, "Okay, I am ready, let's go get Armin."

Knocking on Armin's door Eren said, "Armin? Are you there? Make sure you have your pants on before opening the door!", he then stared at Mikasa and started laughing.

"You just had to..."- Mikasa said to him embarrassed.

Armin's door flew open, and he jumped at Eren to hug him "Eren! You are here!"

"Oi! What is wrong with you two and the lack of clothes!"- Eren said noticing that Armin was shirtless.

"Ah!", Armin screamed and ran back to his room, "Hurry! Get in!"

Inside of Armin's room, while putting his shirt on, he asked Eren, "So, what you've been doing all this time?"

"Getting beaten senselessly by the psychopathic Captain"- Mikasa replied.

"Mikasa!", Eren said giving her a warning look again.

Sensing the tension between the two Armin said, "Uhmm, you know what, I am really hungry, let's go to the mess hall to get some food" while he walked to the door.

When they arrived at the mess hall, everyone stared at them. This is the first time everyone saw Eren, out in the open, after he was discovered as a Titan shifter.

"Eren! Guys! Sit here with us!", Christa said pointing to her table where Connie, Sasha, Jean, and Ymir were seated.

They joined them at the table after grabbing food.

"Eren! Is it true that the military police wanted to make Titan flavored sushi out of you?", Sasha asked while biting her bread.

"Sasha!", everyone at the table screamed at her.

"What?! It was just an innocent question.", she said while shrugging.

"Oi Eren, so are you going to be able to spend more time with us now?", Connie asked.

"Yeah, outside of training and experiments time, I will be able to hang out with you guys!", Eren replied.

"Is there some special treatment for the elite team, you know, like more food and goodies?", Sasha asked.

"Yes Sasha, I will bring you some of the pastries.", Eren replied rolling his eyes.

"Yes!", Sasha replied throwing her hands to the air in a victorious pose.

"Oi! Jean! I heard you found some family members at the stables.", Eren said teasingly and laughing.

"Yeah! I also saw your mom there.", Jean replied.

"What did you just say horse face!", Eren shouted.

As they were about to start fighting, Connie interrupted them and said, "It only took 5 minutes, FIVE FUCKING MINUTES of Eren back with us for you two to start fighting!", pointing at Eren and Jean.

"I told you, pay up!"- Sasha said to Connie.

Annoyed at her Connie gave her his bread.

"Wait! You were betting on it?", Eren asked looking at them with an incredulous look on his face.

"Hey! Don't look at me! I wasn't the only one!", Connie said.

"That's right! Everyone else, pay up!", Sasha said with a huge grin on her face.

Armin, Christa, Ymir, and Mikasa started to pass their bread to Sasha with their heads bowed in shame.

When Eren saw Mikasa also giving away her bread he said, "No way! You too!?"

"Sorry Eren, I placed my bet thinking that you would last at least 20 minutes without fighting with Jean", she replied while pulling her scarf up her face to hide her shame.

"You guys are unbelievable", Eren said laughing, as Jean winked at Sasha making her laugh too.

"Have you seen Mikasa's skill on the new ODM gear training grounds?", Christa asked Eren.

"I haven't", he replied.

"We can go there after today's formation, I left the ODM straps in my room so I will have to go there now to get them", Mikasa said to Eren.

"Sounds good! I'll go with you.", Eren said while standing from the table.

Mikasa stood up and they started to walk to her room.

Reaching her door room, she opened it to let Eren through, and when he was about to get in...

"Oi! Oi! No men inside the lady's room!" Levi shouted walking down the hall towards them, "We still don't know if having sex will make you transform, I would hate if one of my cadets die, in such a horrible way, out of sheer horniness."

Scared and ashamed of the Captains' comment, Eren shouted in disbelief, "Captain! I wasn't -"

Levi cut him short, "I will tell Hanji to add that to the list of experiments she has for you, now, get out!"

"What! Uh, I mean... Yes sir!", Eren replied nervously.

I wonder if I could volunteer for that experiment, Mikasa thought.

Levi continued, "One last thing before you go, you will do the next two weeks of stable duty for trying to kill Ackerman."

Desperately trying to clear the situation Eren replied, "Captain! That is not what-"

Levi cut him short again to address Mikasa, "And Ackerman you will do two weeks of dish wash duty for letting him try to kill you."

"I am not that easy to kill", Mikasa answered in defiance.

Crossing his arms and raising a brow while staring at her, Levi replied, "We'll see about that", then, he turned on his heels, and while leaving he said, "I want to see the stables and the dishes cleaned using the cleaning manual process." while walking away he thought, adoptive sister my ass.

---------

Arriving at his office Levi stopped when...

"Captain!", Oluo approached him.

Opening the door to his office Levi addressed the cadet, "Oluo! What can I help you with?" He said while holding the door of his office open for the cadet to go in.

Oluo entered his office and sat at the chair in front of the desk while Levi followed closing the door behind him and sitting on his chair.

"Well... you know... me and Petra have been dating for a while and... I thought... that maybe...", nervous he reached to his pocket and pulled out a little box and placed it on the desk, "... I think its time for me to propose to her... my mother gave me this ring that has been a family heirloom for years..."

Levi looked at the little ring case saying, "Oh! I've known the two of you for quite a while, I am confident enough to say that she will say yes."

"I hope so, I wanted to ask for advice on how to go through with it."

"You mean, how to propose?"

"Yes, I thought... maybe... you could help me think on a good idea of how to go through with it"

Amused Levi asked, "From all the people, that are much more qualified for this sort of thing, why on earth would you choose to ask me?"

"Well... you see, you are good with planning our missions... and I thought... maybe we can approach this the same way, also... if she says yes... I would like you to be my best man."

Levi opened his eyes surprised at his request, "Oluo, it would be an honor", he then crossed his arms over his chest and stared at the little box loss in thought, and said, "Ok, I think we can look at it with at least three different plans of action. In case one scenario fails due to an unforeseen issue we would have another plan to fall back to, also, we could use the help of other cadets and plan their positions on the field at the moment of action.", he grabbed a pen and a paper and started taking notes of his thoughts, "We will want to talk with Erwin also, he can review the plans and see if I overlooked anything.", he stared again at the little box, "The first thing you would like to do, if you agree, I could hide the box here under a locked drawer to avoid Petra finding it, if she even gets the slightest suspicion of what is going to happen she will probably start looking for it, you know how curious she is."

---FlashBack---

Levi is about to open the door of his office, but he stopped in front of it when he listened to the sounds of steps coming from behind the door. That's odd, I wonder who has the guts to broke into my office expecting not getting caught. With that thought in mind, Levi flew open the door with anger.

Startled at the sudden sound, Petra jumped while she yelped. Shaking with nerves and hiding something behind her back she tried to explain herself, "Captain! I... um... I was... CLEANING! That's it! I was cleaning your office, Sir!"

Levi raised a brow while staring at her with a suspicious look, "Cleaning huh?! And that explains the folder that you are trying to hide behind your back?", he said while he stared at the nervous wreck that was the girl standing in front of him.

"I... I...-"

Cutting her short he said, "Give me that!", extending his arm asking for the folder.

Ashamed, with her head bowed, Petra put the folder in the hands of the Captain.

Amused, Levi said, "Oluos' file?"

"Captain! I... I...", she started trying to explain herself while blushing and avoiding his eyes, "Oluo asked me out, and I like him a lot... but... I don't know much about him so... I just wanted to know what he likes... because...", ashamed and blushing even more, with a lower voice she finished, "I really want him to like me too..."

Levi sighed and raised a hand to his forehead as a sign of frustration, "Petra... I think that if he asked you out is BECAUSE he already likes you...", he sighed again and looked at her, "Just be yourself, you don't want to put a fake act to make someone to like you, it is not healthy to start a relationship with such lies." 

Petra, ashamed, replied, "I... I'm sorry Captain, I guess... curiosity took the best of me... you are right..."

"I know, now get your ass out of my office before I decide to report you for breaking and entering!"

Petra jumped and yelped again at the realization of his words and said, "Yes sir!", and rushed to get out.

---End of FlashBack---

Oluo laughed and responded, "Too curious... thanks, Captain... I knew you would be the best person to ask."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.", Levi said in a fast-dismissive tone then, he continued, "give me that thing, we have a lot to plan." while writing all the possible scenarios that came to his mind.

----------

As the evening arrived the cadets rushed to the center ground of the field to stand in formation and wait for future orders or announcements from their superiors.

Erwin Smith stood in front of the formation to face the cadets. With a strong and loud voice he started addressing them, "The date for our next expedition has been set for next week, it will be a reconnaissance mission to assess the northern territory.", he paused for a moment, "this is the first expedition that will include Eren's titan shifting ability as part of the risk mitigation plan... with that in mind... we will set the team's field distribution positions with the greatest secure area as the center, where we will place Eren.", he paused again and continued, "In the upcoming days, we will have a team meeting to explain the details of every cadet position on the field." He paused and sighed, "I will leave you with Captain Levi now.", he then nodded to Levi in acknowledgment and left.

Levi P.O.V.

I started walking through the formation lines staring at the cadets one by one. I guess I tend to do this sort of thing to make them realize the seriousness of an expedition, and also because is fun to scare the shit out of them.

I started talking while walking through the formation and said: "The difference in judgment between you and me originates from different rules derived from experience."

I stopped in front of Mikasa Ackerman, the girl supposed to be worth 100 soldiers. I stared at her looking straight into her eyes for a moment, not even once she showed any hint of fear or intimidation, instead her eyes looked at mine with rage and defiance, challenging me back. This brat is going to be a pain in the ass. Without moving, still staring at her but addressing everyone, I said: "You will all respect and follow the orders of your superiors, this is non-negotiable, failing to follow orders can have deadly consequences out on the field". I saw her stiff her stance without breaking eye contact with me, I knew she was angrier, that was the point. I smirked at her and turn to the side to continue my speech...

...as I gave the first step away from her, I heard her mumbling something that I couldn't quite understand fully but I heard something along the lines of "shorty" and "ass".

I turned back to stare at her and said, "I thought I heard dirt moving around in the shape of an idiot. So, it was you?", I asked her.

"No Sir! I don't know what you are talking about, Sir!", she replied.

Does she really think she can get away with this?  "Yeager!", I shouted, calling him, and as expected, her eyes started to show a hint of fear, "follow me to the front of formation!", I finished, while walking to the front of the formation lines with him following me.

Mikasa P.O.V.

He called Eren to the front of the formation. What the fuck is this psychopathic maniac trying to prove?

When they arrived at the front, Levi grabbed Eren and with a fast movement, he threw him to the floor and put his boot over the side of his head pressuring it against the ground.

Is he really? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM!

He then started shouting while staring at me...

"Do not!"

He added more pressure against Erens head...

"Challenge!"

PRESSURE

"Me!"

PRESSURE

I was about to barge in when I remembered my promise to Eren "Anyone but Levi. PROMISE!"

Then, I saw the pain on Erens' face, his temple pressed against the rough ground. Blood started to drop out of it increasing the flow with each added pressure of the Captains' boot. I was shaking with anger, frustrated at the feeling of helplessness.

Without breaking eye contact with me he continued, "Here at the Survey Corps, you can be a woman or a man, it makes no difference, everyone will be disciplined with the same intensity, DO NOT EXPECT ANY SORT OF SPECIAL TREATMENT, for now on you are neither men nor women, you are just some brats that I will beat the shit out of if discipline is needed."

With that statement, he proceeded to remove his boot from Erens's head, as he finished with "You are all dismissed", and left.

After he left,  Armin and I ran to Eren, "Eren! Eren! Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine..."

I placed my hands at the sides of his head to assess the injury, "You should go to the Infirmary, it doesn't look good."

"I can feel it already healing... perks of being a Titan shifter.", Eren responded.

"Eren you still should-", I said in protest when he cut me off slapping my hands away from his face.

"I DON'T need protection, I am FINE! Stop treating me like an overprotective mother! I AM NOT A CHILD!", he shouted at me, making the tears that I was trying to hold back, fall out of my eyes.

"Eren, she is only trying to help!", Armin intervened.

"SHE IS PROBABLY THE REASON WHY HE DID THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE! What did you do Mikasa, huh?! You had to be so stupid to confront him in some way!?", he yelled at me, "You know what! Don't even answer, I am done with your crap!", he stood up and left to his dorm...

That's when I realized, that I fucked up...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 6.3K 41
~Levi X Bullied Reader ~(F/N) (L/N) is the last girl any Scouting Legion Squad Leader would want to have on their ranks. She is very timid, shy, quie...
1.7K 96 24
Levi Ackerman has always been fascinated with a fiery but somewhat charming boy that shares the same maths class as him. Not a day goes by without hi...
17K 528 60
Growing up together in the Underground, Anya and Levi had been together ever since they could remember. Fate tore them apart, and kept them apart, ag...
11.4K 402 10
You are a third year veteran in the Survey Corps with a long-time crush on Captain Levi. The night of your 18th birthday, you run into Levi at the ba...