the feelings that we hide | S...

Від tecchouswife

TW// abuse, mentions of r*pe, murder, etc. Working at the FBI was probably the one thing interesting going on... Більше

00. cast
01. nightmares
02. consensual
03. elegant
04. undercover
05. old flames
06. toxic
07. dreams of you
08. the big game
09. sleep deprived
10. the both of us
11. just friends
12. wreck of our hearts
13. jones
14. profiling
15. vexatious
17. emergency room
18. unexpected visits
19. back again
20. girls night
PART TWO - S3
21. the phone call
22. restless derogatory
23. safe haven
24. infatuation
25. tick tock

16. just wanna be loved

605 27 4
Від tecchouswife

TW// abuse

The next morning when Vanessa woke up, she quickly got ready and dressed for the day—wearing a baby blue ribbed top with a slightly deep v neck and the sleeves cutting off just above her elbows, and black jeans with a pair of black combat boots with a thick heel. Her hair was curled, half of it tied up in a small bun.

When she arrived at work, she entered the bullpen, and walked over to her desk—setting her go bag under it, and taking off her long black peacoat and setting it on the side of her desk. She was extremely tired from what Spencer said to her last night. It really wasn't a big deal, he's having a hard time. But, it bothered her so much.

Vanessa was walking out of the office around the corner to get a snack from the vending machine before she saw Morgan and Reid standing right on the other side. She took a few steps back, hiding behind the side of the wall, not wanting to see Reid.

"Last night when we landed, Vanessa kept bugging me and making it seem like something was wrong with me," Spencer said with an irritated voice.

"She's just worried about you, that's all," Morgan started to defend.

"Okay? But doesn't it get annoying when she thinks she knows everything about us?"

Derek had a confused expression, wondering when she's ever done that, and why he's acting so rude towards her.

"It's like—" Spencer started again, moving his coffee to his other hand. "She wants us to confide in her just so she can feel better about her own problems."

What? She questioned to herself.

"Reid—" Derek stopped him. "This isn't right."

"What isn't?"

"You're trash talking the girl that literally cares the most about you...all of that is out of love..."

"If it was, she'd leave me alone."

Morgan's mouth hung open for a moment, not wanting to fight him on it anymore.

But, from where Vanessa was, she was completely crushed. She didn't think Spencer out of all people would've been the one to talk bad about her behind her back. Everything in her wanted to go over and smack him across the face, but she was too much of a coward to ever stick up for herself.

Starting to walk away, she took deep breaths, trying to calm herself from breaking. And while that was happening, Spencer and Morgan were making their way back. They both noticed her walking further away in front of them—both of them thinking different things. Derek wondering if she heard them, and Spencer not thinking anything, only that she just got to work.

The boys eventually got back, but when they were, Vanessa was in Hotch's office.

"Hey, Hotch?" She called at the door after knocking.

"Come in," he said, not looking up from his paperwork.

"I was wondering if I could take a couple days off?"

Aaron's eyes were up now. "What for?"

"My mom," she lied. "She's feeling really sick, and she has no one else there for her to help her with things."

Hotch nodded. "Just check in once in a while, and if you need extra days."

The girl gave him and grateful smile. "Thank you."

She walked out of his office, the smile quickly faded, and Emily saw that.

"You're leaving already?" Prentiss asked once she saw Vanessa putting her coat back on and picking up her go bag.

"I have to check on my mom," she replied, Morgan and Spencer now looking up at her.

"What's wrong?" Spencer asked her, but the girl sighed out.

"She's sick."

"Is she gonna be okay? A—Are you gonna be okay?"

Morgan gave him an even more perplexed look considering how he was just saying bad things about her.

"Mhm," Vanessa answered back, trying to sound nicer. She had to act this way. Even if she wanted to say other things, she had to stay under control. "Bye guys." She was already walking away, not waiting for them to say it back.

"That girl is so sketchy sometimes," Prentiss announced to the two boys—Morgan still looking at the door in case she came back in, and Spencer raising his brows for a second and getting back to work.

On her way out, Garcia was coming out of her office.

"Where you off to, pumpkin?" She greeted, causing the two of them to stop once they met in the middle.

"My mom," Vanessa smiled, trying to play cool.

"She okay?"

"Umm—she's sick, but I'm just gonna go visit her for a bit."

"Aww. Send her my kisses," Garcia planted kisses on both sides of her cheeks, making Vanessa scrunch her nose and smile. "Have fun!" She continued her walk towards the bullpen, and Vanessa laughed slightly before heading for the elevator.

When she got to her car, she set her go back behind her seat and rested both of her hands on the steering wheel. Her eyes drifted up onto the 6th floor, feeling bad that she was lying to them. They're profilers, and they didn't think anything of it. Maybe she was just that good at hiding things.

She started the engine, and grabbed her phone while sitting in the parking lot for a moment. She decided she might as well go visit her mom since she took a week off, but she also didn't want to be a bother to her as well. Then it clicked in her head. There's only one person in the world who actually wants her right now. It was a stupid decision, but she did it anyway.

Driving to her destination, no regrets were running through her. She needed someone to comfort her, and she was only willing to do that with one person.

...

"Hi," she sighed out once someone came to answer the door. "Can I come back?" The guy in front of her nodded with a smile, opening the door wider for her to let her in.

They haven't seen each other in weeks, so it was sort of weird now that she was back.

"I'm off for a week," Vanessa announced to her boyfriend—boyfriend? Ex? It was all confusing.

"What'd you tell your boss?" Nathan asked her as they made their way over to the small island, them both sitting beside each other.

"That my mom was sick."

"Is she?"

She shook her head before intertwining her fingers together and setting them on the table. "Can we...you know..." Nathan furrowed his brow, not having any clue until she looked down at his crotch. "You know."

He laughed. "You want to have sex?"

"I've been having a bad week, okay?"

"Okay." A smirk grew on his face, getting off the stool and helping her up. "Where?"

"The bedroom."

Without hesitation, he engulfed her face with a rough kiss. His hands moved to cup her jaw, she almost broke the kiss away when he did that—it reminding her of the way Spencer had kissed her.

Nathan moved his hands to the end of her top, pulling it over her head—breaking the kiss for a second. Bringing her legs up, they wrapped around his waist as he brought her over to the room and onto the bed. Her pants came off by his hands, him taking his clothes off too and getting under the covers with her.

Her back laid against the bed, waiting for him. She started to feel it enter her, a quiet moan escaping before it was fully in. Vanessa tried to close her eyes, but the minute she did, Spencer was popping up. Her eyes shot open immediately, she wanted all of it to stop. She thought she wanted this, but she didn't anymore.

"Stop—" she breathed out while tapping onto his shoulders. "Nate, stop—" He wouldn't pull off of her. "Nathan!"

He stopped. It was still inside, but he stopped thrusting.

"What is it?" He asked, irritated that she had him stop. "Backing out? I thought you were whore? Didn't you like this stuff when we were dating?"

"Stop calling me that..."

"Talking back now?"

"No—I'm sorry—just..."

"I'm continuing whether you like it or not," Nathan said with a furious tone.

The whole thing was not enjoyable. She wasn't in the mood anymore and it all felt wrong. She didn't want this—she didn't want any part of this. Yet he was still going. Why? Because this would be better than him getting angry and hitting her. Small tears started to form at the corners of her eyes, but there weren't any sniffling—she really didn't want to upset him more.

His hands dug into hers and he went in and out of her. It was hurting her because he was being rough, but she didn't want to say anything and ruin his mood.

Not to long afterwards, Nathan came. They were using a condom, so no mess was made.

"Did you come?" He asked her with a breathy voice as he tied up the rubber.

Vanessa nodded, lying to him, and then getting up to use the restroom.

While she was in there, she looked into the mirror, contemplating everything.

What is wrong with me? I shouldn't be here...But I don't want to be alone.

She come out after peeing, laying down in bed next to Nathan. He was already asleep, so she cuddled up next to him and shut her eyes. Although the feeling of comfort wasn't there, she was glad to know someone still wanted her—even if they were hurting her the most.

...

During the middle of the night, Vanessa woke up to sound of her boyfriend screaming and shouting. She jumped up out of bed once he burst through the door. Fear arose in her as he start marching over to her, slamming her against the wall.

"Nathan—" She choked out. Her head was throbbing until a fist meet with her nose. She felt the bones crack and yelped in pain as blood started to flow out.

Gripping onto her nose, Nathan realized what he just did.

"Oh my god—" He breathed out. "Are you okay?"

Vanessa was wincing from the pain before she pulled her hand away letting him see it. "Are you drunk again?" She rushed to the restroom and looked at her nose seeing it out of shape. "I need to go to the hospital, Nate," she said while he was in the other room, but he was too drunk to drive her, and she wasn't going to able to do it from all the pain.

Someone had to take her. But she didn't want to be a bother, but if she also didn't tell anyone, her nose would be messed up forever.

Who would be up at this time? She tried thinking of any of her friends, but she didn't have any—besides the team. Hotch would probably be awake right now, but he has a baby and has to look after him. Garcia? She would question too much until she got the truth about the broken nose. Spencer? First off, she thinks he hates her, so that wouldn't be good idea. JJ, she'd also do the same as Garcia. Morgan, he shouldn't be doing anything, but he's also probably knocked out right now. Only one more person came to mind. Emily. She wouldn't tell anyone nor question it too much, right?

The girl came out of the restroom, hand still on her nose, and used her free hand to dial Emily's number—her picking up on the third ring.

"Nessa?" Prentiss questioned. "Is everything okay?"

"Umm, not really," she sighed out. "Are you busy right now?"

"No, did you need something?"

"Could you take me to the hospital?"

"The hospital?!" Emily's voice rose slightly. "What happened?"

"I um—I was working out and ran into a weight. I think I might've broke my nose..."

"At 3 in the morning?"

"Yes."

It was silent over the phone for a second. Emily did not believe that story of her working out in the middle of the night, but she didn't want to say anything to make Vanessa feel uncomfortable. "I'm on my way."

"Thank you," Vanessa smiled in relief before Emily hung up.

"Who was that?" Nathan asked once she put her phone down.

"Emily, she's taking me to the hospital," she replied back, getting a pair of sweats and a sweater.

"I can take you."

"No—you're drunk."

"I'm fine." He got up to wrap his arms around her, but she pushed him off.

"Don't touch me," she said quietly, not trying to provoke him.

"How do I know you're not just sneaking out to sleep with some guy?"

Vanessa turned around to look at him with wide eyes. "I have a broken nose, and you're worried I'm gonna go sleep with someone else?" Nathan shrugged in response, and she scoffed.

"Maybe that was actually Spencer and you're cheating on me, you know? Like you did last time."

"I didn't cheat on you..." Her voice was lower. "And besides, Spencer and I aren't speaking—stop worrying about that." She slipped on her sweater after her sweats and walked back over to the bed side table to grab her phone and her wallet.

Nathan's face came to a shock. "He's mad at you?" His voice was more satisfied than it should've been.

She nodded.

Not wanting to talk more about it, she walked out of the bedroom and opened the front door. Emily should be here in a few minutes, so she decided to wait outside.

Waiting outside in the dark in the middle of the night? Very smart of you, Vanessa. She thought to herself after walking out of her building. Anything was better than staying in that apartment with Nathan.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

478K 11.4K 72
"You work this case like you work any other" I tell him as I look up at his tall frame from my sitting position at my work desk. I look back down and...
452K 11.5K 26
||psychopathy|| a neuropsychiatric disorder marked by deficient emotional responses, lack of empathy, and poor behavioral controls, commonly resultin...
3.5K 112 13
* 1st Person POV * Arizona has been working at the BAU for some time now, two years. She had always kept the job strictly impersonal & professional...
232K 4.3K 18
You have just finished graduate school successfully double majoring in Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology. Along the way you had picked up an i...