Once Upon An Us || PJM ✔

By SunDazes_

✧ "Lilies were her favourite. It symbolized purity and refined beauty. Another specimen of her." ... More

❥ Prologue
❥ One - The hoodie girl
❥ Two - Everly Woods
❥ Three - Cupid in love
❥ Four - The D-day
❥ Five- The bad date
❥Six- Happiness comes with a price
❥Seven - Painful Reality
❥Eight - Confession & Heartbreak
❥Nine - Fault of Fate
❥Eleven - Dream
❥Twelve - Vacation
❥Thirteen- Be Your Moon
❥Fourteen - Written In The Stars
❥Fifteen - Goodbye, My Love
❥Epilouge
AFTERWORDS

❥Ten - Let Me Love You

59 13 11
By SunDazes_

Song recommendation - Only then(cover by Jungkook) listen on loop

°•¤•°

For the nth time, the call was forwarded to a voicemail. Frustration and uneasiness painted all over her face, Everly strode towards her uncle's cabin. Her uncle was enjoying a warm cup of tea when the door was slammed open, causing him to flinch at the action and burnt his lips.

He winced in pain brought by the dripping hot tea as he eyed his restless niece. "What happened, dear? Why aren't you resting right now?" he asked in confusion as he approached the ravenette.

"Uncle, I can't rest." She replied, earning a questioning look from the old latter. "Just what did you tell Jimin?" she asked.

"I don't know what you are getting at dear. Care to explain a little?" Everly groaned a little.

"I've been trying to call Jimin for so many times and he's not picking up. Are you sure you didn't tell him anything to scare him off? Or maybe about my... illness?" she asked hesitantly.

"I told you for so many time dear, I haven't said a word about it. Don't worry." George's eyes wavered a little as he lied but it went unnoticeable to Everly.

"Then why isn't he picking up my calls and not visiting me? After all he was the one who brought me to the hospital..." her voice trailed. Her uncle looked at her with great concern. "Right, I shouldn't be making it hard. It's best this way."

"Everly... What are you talking about? Jimin must be in his class and he just came to visit you few hours ago." The older latter's voice was just above whisper as he looked at his niece with great concern. He couldn't believe it. The symptoms were very progressive and it broke his heart to witness that. Everly was having partial memory loss.

Everly stood still, her heart and mind racing wildly. She forgot, her memory of few hours ago with Jimin was completely blacked out. She was stunned and overwhelmed. Every passing hours, minutes and even seconds were being the biggest proof that she were to die... soon.

---

Jimin got out of his classroom tardily. For the past few days he didn't have any enthusiasm and joyous vibe. He always had tedious look painted on his face. Ever since he had known about Everly's illness and that she had limited time, nothing made him feel better.

Although he felt horrible and miserable, he'd garnered up his courage and went to meet her this morning. He was in verge of breaking down just by seeing her pale face. And the moment she flashed a weak and feigned smile to assure him, his heart shattered into who knows how many pieces. But with much difficulty he had to act oblivious of the truth in front of her and smiled solemnly.

He didn't realized that his eyes were sweating until he felt his phone constantly buzzing. He quickly wiped his eyes and fished out his phone from the pocket and opened it to get spammed by the notifications. There were bunch of missed calls and they were all from Everly. He got nervous and worried to see that many missed calls from her. He couldn't help but think something might have happened to her.

He tried to call her back several times but she didn't pick up, which caused his anxiety to reach the top. Without having any second thoughts he ran towards the hospital.

By the time he reached the hospital, he was hyperventilating. He didn't even bother to take the cab and ran all the way to the hospital. He hastily opened the door of the room where Everly was staying. His blood went cold when an empty room was on his view. He searched every corner of the room, but Everly was nowhere to be seen.

Paranoia had gotten to him ever since he had learned about Everly's illness. He began to shed cold sweats, the colour on his face was lifted up and now replaced with dread. Without any thought, his frantic body made its way to George's cabin.

His free limbs vigorously slammed the door open, which caused George to flinch who was enjoying his tea. And in the abrupt action, once again he burned his lips with dripping hot tea. He winced again, both in pain and annoyance. He gave the blonde latter a distressed look. He just wanted to enjoy a cup of his warm tea.

"What is it, Mr. Park?" he asked wiping his burned lips. He hadn't noticed the hysteric state of Jimin yet. So when Jimin slammed his hands on his desk, his eyes went to see him immediately leaving the old man appalled. He eyed the blonde male from head to toe. His blonde hair was disheveled, forehead filled with sweats, eyes frantic. A whole mess.

"Mr. Woods," Jimin began to speak, but his breathing was ragged because of all the running.

"Sit down and catch a breath. You look awful young man. I know you're young and full of energy but don't need to skite about it. Here join me in for a tea." He placed an empty cup in front of Jimin and proceeded to pour the hot liquid when a slender hand stopped him.

"No time, Mr. Woods." He said shaking his head, still breathing hard. "Everly, she's..." George eyed the blonde latter's fretful face, waiting for him to continue. He himself was getting concerned now that he mentioned Everly.

"She's not in her room. And I can't find her." Hearing that George let out a huge sigh of relief and plopped on his seat with a hand on his chest. "I was in class and didn't notice the calls from her. She didn't answer when I called back. And I ran here as soon as I can. So tell me, is she okay?"

The old latter chuckled heartly at the young male. He was astounded, to see how worried he got and came to the hospital in a flash. He could see how much his niece meant to the blonde male. Jimin looked at him with eyebrows creased. He didn't get why this old man was laughing.

"I'm dying over here and you're laughing. What's so funny here?" Jimin asked, stilling eyeing the older latter in judgemental way. And it made him chuckle more, which was irking Jimin.

"Okay, I see why you were so worried. And I'm sorry for laughing at you." He cleared his throat before maintaining his posture. "Everly is fine Jimin. Actually she was earlier here with me. She must be in the garden outside. And if something were to happen to her, there are tons of people in white coats and scrubs here. I get that you are head over heels for my niece but you need to relax."

Jimin sighed in relief upon hearing that Everly was fine. Of course she was in the hospital and he didn't need to fret that much but he was afraid. Afraid that he might be too late and may not be by her side.

"I know. But I just get over anxious when it's about her lately. I get paranoid and everything scares me, I feel like I'd lose my mind." Jimin stated as he gulped. His eyes now on his fidgeting hands placed on his laps.

"I understand. Better than anyone in fact. Just get your mind out of negativity and get your act together." George suggested as he approached the blonde male, with tea on his hands. "Just drink this warm tea and let it soothe your mind. It's lavender flavoured. Here, drink up."

"Later, Mr. Woods. I want to see, Everly." Jimin got up ignoring the offer. He could see how the old man's face fell at that. But he couldn't sit there drinking tea and relax. He wanted to make sure Everly was alright.

"Jimin, before you go to meet her I want you to know something." Jimin halted and waited for George to continue. By the look of his serious face, Jimin could tell it was something important and it was about Everly. So he sat down again and nodded his head to let the man know he was listening further.

"Everly... She had a partial memory loss." George observed Jimin's reaction but he got none. But he could see his adams apple going up and down. "I guess you already expected this."

Jimin just sat there speechless. After he found out about Everly's illness, he had searched up about it and had gathered up information about the illness so he knew it was bound to happen sooner or later and took the news well.

"It's all happening too fast than we suspected, Jimin. It's time we start treatment on her, but she's refusing. And what's more shocking is that she's stubborn about it." George sighed shaking his head. "We are doing our best to convince her but we feel defeated every time we see her. So Jimin, I know it's a difficult request but please try to coax her. If this keeps going on we'd run out of time and we'll be filled with guilt and regrets."

Jimin looked at the pain filled face of the older man in front of him. Looking at the defeated face of the renowned and successful doctor in front of him, he himself was letting his self-esteem go down. But he assembled himself. He nodded his head at George with a gentle smile, earning a dejected smile from him.

---

Everly stood in front of the garden filled with white lilies. A gentle and calm expression painted on her pale face, she leaned forward tucking back the long raven locks that had fell on her face and took in the sweet scent. It made her pale looking lips to curve up to form a smile.

Lilies were her favourite flowers.

It symbolized purity and refined beauty. Another specimen of Everly.

Jimin watched her from afar. His little heart doing multiple flips at the sight. It had been so long since he saw her earnest smile. Everly and lilies went so well together. He smiled at the thought. He could just stare at her for hours like that. He was somewhat at peace to see that Everly was fine. With gentle footsteps he made his way to her.

Everly who was unaware of Jimin's presence, stood there admiring the beauty of the lilies until a pair of arms draped around her from behind. She recognized the touch. The touch she had been longing to feel against her, the touch that had remained engraved in her after that date. It was her love, Jimin.

"Let me stay by your side." He whispered against her hair sending her goose bumps. She sucked in a breath and tried to set herself free from the hold but Jimin held her tightly.

"I don't believe what you said the other day. I know you didn't mean it." His every breath against her skin doing things to her heart. Not to mention she didn't mind it, at all. With her eyes closed she just listened, feeling his warmth against her.

"Don't I deserve a chance at least?" he urged. Now making her face him. He noticed how her face was flushed with red. He knew how his presence affected her too, just like how her's did to Jimin.

"Tell me, Everly. Don't you want me to stay by your side? Don't you want me too?" Jimin held Everly's face between his hands, so gently and carefully as if she was something so fragile and delicate. His golden eyes searched for her beautiful ocean ones. Everly couldn't look into his gentle eyes. Afraid he might be able read her emotions if he saw them.

Everly gulped before looking at his eyes. Her heart doing countless flips at the words he let out. Of course she wanted him, and wanted him to stay by her side. But as much as she wanted, she didn't have the courage to ask him to stay. Her eyes now brimmed with tears, brought by the pain in her heart. Jimin eyed her worriedly. His face changing its expression to a panicked one.

"You know it all, don't you?" Everly's voice just above whispered. "Don't try so hard. It's all obvious." Jimin looked at her monotonously, gulping hard.

"Why do you still want to be with me even though you know everything?" She probed. Jimin's eyes glistened as they deepened their gaze.

"I don't know, but I want to." He nodded before whispering.

"Even if it's going to hurt you in the end?" she asked getting closer.

"I don't care." He stated as he brought her close to him.

"Just why? Why do you want to take in the pain? What good is it going to do to you?" She placed her hands on his chest to stop going further. Eyes never leaving Jimin's.

"Because... I love you." his voice low and tender. He took her tiny hands in his slender ones and leaned forward with no haste. "And I don't want to regret not loving you while I still had the chance."

Their faces now inches apart, eyes stuck on each other. Jimin's eyes explored her beautiful face before his eyes landed on her lips, which were once pink and luscious and now awfully pale. But that didn't bother Jimin, it didn't make him want to kiss her any less.

"So let me love you and love me back. Hm?" he whispered before completely leaning in and closing the gap between them. Their lips finally met, instantly molding perfectly together as their eyes shed tears of pain, joy or whatever only they know. But one thing, it felt so right to both of them.

°•¤•°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.4K 42
[°•●3RD PLACE IN BTS SPRING AWARD●•°] "I don't know why am I doing this...". "I'll help you". ~ Park Jimin, a kind and sweet man. One day, his curren...
188K 8.6K 62
"This ground is ours at this time," Jimin says, "So you better fuck off." I chuckle and fold my arms, tilting my head as I look at him with a strong...
5.4K 246 15
It's hard coming to terms with unrequited love. past friend!myg x f!yn (ft. bff!pjm) college!au angst | fluff | smut 18+
32K 3.1K 51
He pinned her against the wall with his hand wrapped around her throat. She coughed and scratched at him, but all he did was glare. "Say that to my f...