Henrietta

By Ortiz-Novels

Henrietta serves the riches and cruelest man in all of Theodosia. After having lost his wife during child bir... More

Copyright © 2015 by Mara L. Ortiz
~Prologue~
Ettie
Mother Figure
To Encourage
Interviews
Unfair
Bewitched
Confused
Farewell
Accused
Escape
Rain and Sunshine
Kiddnapped
The Hole
Negotiations
The Truth Unfolds
Betrayed
The Old Farm
Recovery
The Curse
Answers
The Plan
Now or Never
To Love

~Epilogue~

37.3K 1.7K 174
By Ortiz-Novels

~Epilogue~

Country Lands of Theodosia

Calvin attuned his black vest, and made certain that the bow was well adjusted. The nerves quaking in his gut could not be contained and neither could the smile. He ran a comb through his hair to slick it back, bringing the green from his eyes an intense bright color. He let out a heavy exhalation and made certain to add a bit of Harland cypress to his skin. The smell was masculine and spicy; a minty fresh scent that he hoped enchanted Ettie. His wedding was to take place a little to an hour and he still could not stop thinking about how nervous he was.

So many questions flooded his mind as he began to pace his chamber bed. What if he failed to be a great husband? Would Ettie leave him? The thought of her no longer feeling anything for him made Calvin a bit edgy.

There was no one there to say any encouraging words to him, not his brother Nathaniel, nor his mother. His family was a bit too uptight but Calvin could understand why. After his father had been buried, they had held a grudge against him for not showing his face. However, none of them knew what Calvin had gone through nor would he try to explain. What mattered now was that he was about to start his life over, and he hoped that it consisted of a good future.

The grand clock in his room ticked, and each clicking of the hand made him want to run in the direction of the church. What followed after was a knock putting Calvin in the brink of sweating his nerves out. When a maid entered to say that his chariot awaited he simply nodded and pulled on his white gloves, ready to exit. He waited to hear her fading footsteps and then opened the door to exit. His eyes grew wide to see Ettie standing there, her body wrapped in a robe. Her hair cascaded down her shoulders, her face a mess of tears.

"Henrietta...what is the meaning of this?" he asked a bit dumbfounded.

She turned to look over her shoulder, pushed him inside, her face flushing a bright pink as she locked the door, and stood there unable to look at him.

"Is everything alright?" he asked.

"I must confess something...I feel the need to tell you this." she muttered.

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked.

"Calvin...that day...at the barn. I felt my life slipping from me, I felt the wave of darkness overcome me, enveloping me in a cloud of daze." She whispered.

Calvin marched up to Ettie and turned her to face him, his eyes searching her own.

"I don't understand." He replied.

"In the pit of all the darkness a light shone brightly, and that's when I saw her. Lydia appeared to be lost, weeping in deep sorrow as she ventured past me as if I was not there. I understood, for some reason I understood what was happening without explanations. I allowed her to take my place. My first thought was of you, I thought this would please you if I had died and she returned."

"You switched placed with Lydia?" he whispered.

"Yes, I came to find later when she slept that I could hear your voice, I was still trapped in my own body, but unable to take command of it. It was then when I heard you say such beautiful words and utter my name what a fool I had been." She confessed.

"Oh Henrietta your heart is bigger than I imagined, but I care little if you think you made a fool of yourself. What matters is that you are here, and soon you will become my wife. I fell in love with you the moment I took notice. For all that is worth forgive me, for having you a mere foot from me and never realizing that the love of my life was you. You managed to kill all the bitter and sour loneliness inside my heart."

Calvin kissed her tenderly and urged her to dress, for he could not wait another moment. When he climbed into his carriage Henry sat dressed in an adoring suit, his hair combed to a side. His arms crossed in front of his chest, a pout on his lips.

"Why do you look so displeased son." Calvin chuckled.

"That old hag Mrs. Sally refused to listen to reason. I do not like my hair this way, I specifically asked for it to be combed exactly like yours. I'm not a child." He complained.

"Once you realize your childhood has slipped you by and you find yourself an old man then you will miss these free spirited days." He replied.

"Father, forgive my awful attitude, it's just that this day means so much to me. Now I am able to have the mother I've always wanted, and I'd like to look the part of a good son." He muttered.

"You have been Henrietta's everything from the moment you were born, it matters little to her if you try to compose your outer self to please her. She sees who you really are inside, and it is what drives her to love you and care for you." He confessed.

Henry gave a small chuckle, as he looked off into the distance his mind no doubt projecting a loving image of his future mother. "You are right father, was I not right when I told you it would take little effort to love her?" he asked.

"Yes son, you were absolutely right." Calvin whispered.

He embraced his son and planted a warm kiss unto his head, holding him tight. After all they had been through the universe was finally rewarding them. Calvin felt his gut knot as he felt the faint tug of the carriage carry onward toward the church. His jaw clenched as his grip around Henry tightened, making the small child look up at him.

"You will not fail...I have absolute faith in you." Henry whispered.

Calvin Potent could not have asked for anyone more deserving to stand at his side today as he chuckled and agreed to his sons encouraging words.

***

~One Year Later~

Calvin removed the ruffled necktie from around his neck and tossed it aside as he went to remove his shin high boots. The day had been long, hot, and stressful. The only thing he wanted to achieve at the moment was to remove his clothing and submerge himself from head to toe in a refreshing tub. When he accomplished to lean his back against the fresh metal tub, he let out a relaxing exhalation. He went about gathering a cloth unto his hand and scrubbed every inch of his muscular frame. When the sun had finally set he felt a smug grin reach his lips pulling from the water while wrapping a towel around his waist.

Just as he slipped from the washroom, Ettie entered closing the door shyly behind her.

"Has he fallen asleep?" he asked.

She sighed, gently tucking the lose strings of her brown hair behind her ears. "Our son is asleep." She chuckled.

One foot moved in front of the other and Ettie eyed him suspiciously, as he suddenly lifted her off her feet. She gave a chocked scream as she stared at Calvin wide eyed.

"What do you intend?" she asked.

"Are you aware that today marks the day when you and I became husband and wife?" he asked. In his tone, she could hear the husky masculine dominion and she blushed as she looked away from him.

"I concur." She whispered.

Calvin walked to the edge of the bed and set Ettie down as her hands gently ran down the massive frame of his torso, water still dripping from his skin. His gut knotted and he loved the effect she had on him every time she did this. His large hands cupped her face and with such soothing skills, his fingers tangled in her hair. Swiftly he undid the lose braid she wore every night to sleep and loved how the scent of lilac radiated off her hair, giving his manhood a rush of adrenaline he treasured.

His nose inhaled her skin as he gently pressed it to her neck letting his hands massage her shoulders undoing the bows off the gown. Ettie shivered as the cotton white material gently flowed from her shoulders, past her belly, unto a pile around her feet.

"Calvin." She whispered, as his lips took the fragile flesh of her neck gently suckling it.

Her hands pressed against his chest and he groaned stepping closer to the warmth of her body. The room grew pacifying as his hands roamed her tanned flesh covering every inch of anatomy. Her fingers curled into the fastened towel around his waist and tugged it free.

There was no other place in the world she would rather be than in his arms, feeling the world melt around her as he made love to her. The very first night she had given herself to Calvin he had been such a gentleman but tonight she desired something more intense. A single touch was the only seduction she needed to make Calvin curl around her finger. She inched him closer to the bed and in a defeated groan, he clutched a hand full of her hair and mashed his mouth to hers. Calvin's free hand wrapped around the small of her back feeling the naked flesh of her body ignite him. On the tip of her toes she stood, pressing her fragile form against his body. The room reeked of her scented skin, dazing their minds as they attempted to pleasure one another.

Their mouths danced together, as Calvin took dominion over the inner silk of her mouth, stroking and suckling her tongue in erotic and slick motions.

Ettie's rational thinking was replaced by waves of pleasure as Calvin fondled her mounds in gentle and hypnotic strokes. When the edge of the bed touched the back of her thighs, Ettie felt the heat overwhelm her. Settling down she felt the fresh sheets invoke a moan from her mouth as she framed her tights around his waist. He lifted her so that she fell settled into the center of the large massive bed. His mouth tasted her skin, nipping and suckling past her neck, down the valley of her breast to her navel. As he worked his way up she arched for him, determined to make the moment last as long as possible.

Sweat of anticipation formed on his brow as he took her swelled lips and kissed her once again. Then Ettie felt the penetrating of his firm flesh invade the saturated folds of her femininity, and in solid and lengthy prods, Calvin began to make love to her.

The feeling was unlike any other as the large chamber bedstead creaked with every adept drive of his hips. The chamber infused with sensuality keens and cries as they elevated in their love making losing control of time. Calvin soared as he lifted her hips and lolled his head back, relishing the constriction of her folds around his firm flesh. Each thrust took him higher and higher escalading in a fulfilling pleasure he poured out in a blissful groan. He kept up momentum until she too whimpered out in pleasure, the waves of the aftermath hitting him in satisfying ways.

Calvin withdrew from her and crumpled unto the bed in heavy pants next to her. The aftermath of their lovemaking still soared like an electric shock through their bodies. Even after he felt his heart settle just a little, he wanted her still. Gathering Ettie into his embrace Calvin sought to reignite the fire in her as he touched the warmth of her body. The soft chuckle of her laughter made him realize, just how had he ever done without her. Henrietta had managed to complete him as a man. In just the nick of time Calvin had fallen deeply in love with her, turning the brute of a beast he once was, to a man that melted at her feet, controlling him in carnal ways he approved he could always lose himself to. His mouth lavished the back of her shoulder as his hand wrapped around her flat belly, settling her right where he wanted her. Her legs responded and he gladly accepted the position as he proceeded to satisfy their desires all through the night.

"I'll always love you." He whispered, as Ettie melted into him, her sighs of provocation being her reply.

He knew like her there would be no other, and he thanked fate for sealing their encounter together. As Ettie arched her head over his shoulder, her mouth agape, and tears of enjoyment flowing from her eyes, her hand reached back to his own wrapping a firm grip on his arm. He loved the way she was flushed with their lovemaking; he loved her replies that drove him even deeper. However, aside from how much he adored everything about Henrietta, he loved that she of all maidens in Theodosia wore the gold band that mated her to him for all eternity.

The End.

To Henrietta's Fans,

Thank you sincerely, for reading, voting, and commenting on this story. I hope it was worth the read and that the end was to your liking. Henrietta was a story that came to mind one day while watching the autumn leaves of October slowly fall to the ground. If you took notice, it is where it mostly takes place. The ride home had me quickly climbing off my car in hopes of jotting down the ideas that had come to mind. I am proud of this story and am satisfied how it turned out. It was a great journey.

Sincerely,

Mara.

P.S,

If anyone has any more questions please comment below and I will do my best to reply.

------------------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

831 63 31
When his desire is all you have... Serena loved Darien at first sight, but she discovered that he only married her to save her father's company. She...
1.3K 22 23
h.s. [au] Kassie was enjoying the last few days of her summer break at the beach with her boyfriend and best friends then going back to school for he...
224K 3.4K 18
A young widower comes to terms with his lack of faith as a young woman looks for the love she so desires. This is a sequel to Spiritual Networking.
79.7K 2.6K 28
Taylor's world is turned upside down by the death of her mom. Her, her dad and bothers move to New Jersey in hopes of starting fresh. But little did...