The Geek's Game | NaLu Fan Fi...

By Infinite_Midnight

★Modern AU★ Lucy and Natsu are long time best friends. Natsu is the star basketball player and Lucy is a shad... More

New School Year New Beginnings!
The Business Project and Moving In With the Dragneel's
Cheer Captain Tries To Change The Game
A Walk in the Dark...
The Basketball Star and the Cheer Captain?!
The First Game
A Change of the Mind a Change of the Heart
Returned and Ready for Battle!
His Lucky Jacket
Caught! And secrets revealed!
Lisanna's Surprise and Lucy's Triumph!
Sting Eucliffe and Lisanna Strauss Leaked!
Wendy Meets Romeo! And Lucy's Unwanted Family Reunion
Flashback
A Thanksgiving To Forever Remember
She Is Only Evil
Investigation
Civil Unrest! Natsu is a Star!
A Winter Dream, A Kiss of Snow
Hide and Seek: Best Played at Night
She's Off Limits
Sting and Lisanna are a Team
It Happened
Breakdown
A Day in the Kitchen
Christmas with the Dragneel's!
New Year New Surprises
Can I Trust Her?
The Darker Side of His Life
An Announcement
Wendy and Romeo?!
Welcome To The Real World
Wedding Bells Ring!
The Rain
A gift for YOU!
A gift for you: part 2
Fairy Tail Watty Awards?!
Voting~
Voting Part 2
Notice !!!
Thank You
Epilogue

School is back, so is she

26.8K 859 985
By Infinite_Midnight

Chapter 27 - recap

I heard Wendy calling my name so I got up and went out into the hallway. She was all dressed to go outside with her sled in hand. She had a playful smile on her face.

"Wanna go sledding?" She asks. I smile and nod. I grab my coat and pull on my boots, gloves and hat. Then we head out onto the mountains of white.

• * •

Chapter 28 - School is back, so is she

I let go of Natsu's hand as I left for my class. I found myself subconsciously reaching for my locket over and over again. As I practiced in choir and theatre, as I sat with him in FACS. I looked at him and my stomach exploded into butterflies and my face grew red. It was as if I'd never get used to that fact that he loves me, and that he is mine. I held the locket again.

"Hey, is something wrong? You keep reaching for your neck..." He trailed off when he saw my red face.

"What's with the cute face?" He asked which made me get a little redder.

"Nothing..." I mumble.

I tapped my pencil restlessly. I was waiting for the bell to ring to release us for lunch. When it finally did we all leapt up and put our things away, hurrying from the room. I found Levy in the hall who was walking with Gajeel. I smiled at them.

"Aw, you guys are cute!" I gush. Levy blushes.

"I have to go Shrimp, I'll see you later," Gajeel kissed her and headed down the hall. I looked to Levy who was very red.

"Don't say a word," she threatens. I laugh and hold my hands up.

"GaLe," I snicker before running from Levy.

After lunch I headed through the rest of the day hiding from Levy. When I got out in the hall the noise was crazy.
"Freakazoid! Give me my hat!" Someone shouted by me and I jumped. I saw Natsu who laughed at me and I glared at him.

"Scaredy cat," he teased.

"Shut up!" I whine. He laughs harder and I storm away. He catches me from behind and pulls me back to him.

"Don't make me embarrass you," he threatens in a low intimidating voice. I swallow nervously.

"Yeah yeah, like you would do anything that could embarrass me," I roll my eyes.

"Do you dare me?" He questions.

"No..but I don't think you could-mph!" My voice was muffled by a very passionate kiss. I felt heat rising to my cheeks and I struggled to push him away.

"Oo look at the love birds!" Someone sighed.

"They are so cute!" Another voice gushed.

"N-Natsu?" A surprised and soft voice said from nearby. Natsu pulled away and looked in the direction of the voice, and so did I. Our eyes fell upon Lisanna. My eyes immediately fell into a scowl. Natsu grabbed my hand.

"What Lisanna?" He asked steadily.

"I...I want to apologize...for how I've acted. I was childish, and horrible to you. Both of you. I'm sorry," she looked down. I felt pity rise in my throat.

"Just don't ever try it again," I say before pulling Natsu away. I grab my coat from my locker and set my bag inside. I pull on the sleeves and then grab my bag. Natsu was leaning on the wall messing with his phone before I tapped his nose to catch his attention.

"Let's go," I smile.

"Wait," a guy's voice said. I shuddered, knowing who it was.

"Sting...I thought you where a jailbird by now," Natsu growled. I still hadn't turned around.

"Hah! Like I'd get caught up in the system," Sting laughed.

"Dirty bastard..." Natsu murmured.

"Natsu," I call his name gently, "let's go."

"Ah, the Angel speaks!" Sting sighs.

"Shut up!" I snap. I grab Natsu's hand and hurry away. Quiet tears fell down my face once more. The man who had tried to molest me was free, and even worse back at school. Natsu was muttering something under his breath. Probably curses not meant to grace my ears.

Lisanna passed us as we walked, and she gave me a weak smile. I barely returned it before looking away. I wasn't sure where this new Lisanna came from, but I didn't trust her. Not one single fiber of my being thought she was being one hundred percent truthful. Who in their right mind would so soon after what happened?

Natsu grabbed my hand and held it in his. The gesture was small, but enough for me. I leaned my head on his shoulder as my smaller strides kept up with his larger ones. I thought about how he was always so much bigger than me, at least after I saw him for the last time in the summer of seventh grade. That whole year he had to be with his dad, learning the ropes of the business.

That was the summer I fell apart, because it was the summer I moved out to be on my own. Wendy came to visit me often, and we bonded and became close. I remember the day Natsu came back, clear as day. It was the day he decided to move out with me, and get the apartment next to mine. And ever since then...

I look up at him. His face was softer now, and he wasn't looking at me so I could see his profile clearly. He suddenly looked my direction and I quickly looked away after a tiny gasp. I heard him chuckle.

"Get enough of me yet?" He joked.

"Like I need more of you, Mr. Star Basketball Player," I grumble.

"Of course you do. You're madly in love with me!" He suddenly lifted me into his arms.

"I am not--put me down!" I cry in protest.

"Why would you want to leave the arms of the man you love?" He asked with fake innocence.

"Let me go you Ego-Fluffing-Jock!" I pouted.

"Awe, don't make such a cute face. I can't resist it," he sighed.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah sure, whatever. Just put me down..."

"Alright," he set me down. But he placed me right before him. He leaned in and kissed me quickly before we finished our walk back to the mansion.

• * •

Chapter 29 - Can I Trust Her? - preview

"Maybe she's really trying to change," Levy shrugged.

I sighed and leaned on my hand as I played with my food. "Yeah, maybe."

Levy patted my head softly before taking another bite of her sandwich. I worried about Natsu, but I knew he would be okay back home. I watched as Lisanna was laughing and talking with a few other cheerleaders.

Can I trust her...?

• * •

Sorry for the long break between updates! I've had a rough few weeks, and so has my sister... Long story short, there was fighting and heartbreak...and lots and lots of school work... (`∧')

But I am back in the swing of things! I have a three day weekend, plenty of time to write and watch some anime!
♪( '▽`)

Again, so sorry for the lack of presence and updates!

-ҡɛłs-¢ħåƞ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 5.8K 20
[COMPLETED] When Lucy Heartfilia, a confident Celestial Wizard, is completely dumped from her beloved 'Team Natsu' and replaced by Lisanna, Natsu's f...
16.8K 609 40
[Completed] ✓ Lucy grew up loved dearly by not only her parents, but the entire kingdom of Fiore. Her mother, the queen, was close friends with the D...
25.8K 740 10
The guild is wondering who would make Natsu's perfect match: his best friend or his childhood friend? Lucy and Lisanna are forced into a competition...
16.7K 287 12
Natsu and Lucy are in love with each other, but fail to realize their feelings. This all changes when one of the best friends, Lucy, has a dream. The...