Angel On My Shoulder [Discont...

Galing kay IndigoIona

What happens when the number one vigilante gets a very sudden public debut on live television by being shot o... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Soooooo.....
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
I made a thing :)
Chapter 25
I'm late
Chapter 26
I could've been you...-Special-
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
A Quiet Christmas Night
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Sorry?
Announcement

Chapter 23

3.1K 139 72
Galing kay IndigoIona

[Reaper's Pov]

I groan in pain as go to wipe my eyes from the liquid dripping over them, its warm so I can assume it's blood. I try to move my arms but they are stuck to my sides.

I feel like I've just been run over by a lorry going seventy down the motorway. Everything is in pain and my head feels like it's going to explode which I'm not up for if this is how father wants kill me. I think I'm sick, I definitely have some sort of temperature because I'm really hot but I'm shivering and I can't tell if it's from a draft or just because I'm sick.

"Oh are you finally awake?" A voice calls out. My eyelids are still heavy but I manage to open one eye to look to where the voice came from. The grey walls merged with a white figure. Who was it? A ghost??? They were quite short and there is only one short man that wears all white that works in this building. It was the doctor.

A cold sweat starts running down my forehead and dripping into my eyes too which is just uncomfortable as I can't wipe it away.

"Afternoon Doctor, what did your grubby hands do to me this time?" I heard a snort of laughter behind me. I see his figure pause and slump slightly before letting out a big sigh.

"You should worry more about yourself there young Midoryia then what I can do to you currently as much as I'd love to." I bite my tongue to keep in the snarky remark that danced in my mind. Then I remember the events that just transpired.

I got my original quirk back.

Then what the hell is it?

"Well then, what's my quirk like then?" My eyes were slowly adjusting to the bright lights above. "I remember my quirk being taken you know, I just didn't understand what happened at the time, also it hurt just as much as I remember if it makes you happy." I hear another snort of laughter behind me, but it soon turns into a low giggle.

"So this is Izuku then doctor?" The girl's voice asks in a sickeningly sweet tone, dripping with a type of poison that I don't want to get any closer to. A cloth wipes the blood out of my eyes before another wet one is laid out on my forehead to cool my rising temperature. Thank you?

"Yes he is, what are you doing here miss? Shouldn't you be training for the upcoming mission?" Another giggle made me cringe back into the metal table.

"Yeah but, it's no fun alone, I want to play with the bosses old toy." The voice chipped. This voice did not belong to Toga so who the heck are you? Oh and once I find out I will send you to hell in the jaws of a hell hound.

"You know that he's not allowed to see you because then it would comprise your safety and overall completion of the mission and I don't have the tools necessary to remove those memories unless All for One did it for you but don't test him, you know that lass." Memory manipulation? That's what he used on mom isn't it all those years ago? Sneaky bastard.

"Please doctor, he's so cute, I just want to play with his-"

"No, don't finish that sentence."

"Fine, I'll go play with Toga, see you later my little angel." She sang as she skipped out the room letting the door clatter as she presumably exited leaving the doctor in a disappointed grumpy mess meaning I'm getting the needle.

"Mind telling me about the new girl? She seems unhinged by the sound of her, maybe as bad as Toga. Damn one of them was enough." The light shines on the lenses of the doctors goggles which only revealed a slither of his unimpressed glare.

"That's it, I'm putting you under, I really can't stand you and I would have fully turned you into one of my children already if it wasn't for your father." I forgot he calls nomus his children sometimes but that's a fun thought. He grabs a needle I immediately remember where I am and the fear returns.

I start thrashing in the restraints as the strap around my horns holds my head in place as yank against the cold steel feeling the bruises already forming under the pressure, on my wrists and ankles mainly. He walks over and calmly wraps a hand around my neck brushing some hair out he way as he brings the needle up to my neck. I shivered under his grip.

I feel the tip of the needle break the skin and a cold sensation flows down my neck as I see a twisted smile etching it's way onto the doctor's face.

Things start blurring and at that moment a sound of hope rang out as my eyes shut into the unconscious.

The alarms screamed a warning to the building.

"Heros have infiltrated the premises, evacuate immediately."

Bout time Aizawa, took you long enough.

***

[Hawk's Pov]

I started to stir from my nap and looked at the empty bag of haribo at the foot of the bed I was laying on. Dabi was passed out on a stool on the edge of the bed. I chuckled to myself as I remembered our friendly conversation.

Then I realised. I'm alone. Outside of my cell. With no quirk blocking cuffs.

I need to get out of here.

I carefully slip out of the thin sheets onto wobbly feet before adjusting my balance. Then my senses go haywire. Something is approaching fast.

A huge explosion is set off in the neighboring room and the sound of heavy footing. Dabi woke up from the explosion and when I turn around he was up and losing his balance and tumbles off his stool onto his ass.

"Heros have infiltrated the premises, evacuate immediately."

Dabi and I meet eyes before we exchange knowing smiles. This is what we had been waiting for, the hero's came. He starts running down the hall yelling after him.

"Follow me!" I chase after him as fast as my legs can carry me and stumble after him. A loud explosion echos behind us as well as the screams of the villains.

We make our way to the infirmary and Dabi swiftly kicks the door down with me by his side to see the doctor swiftly packing his items and Kurogiri unlocking the chains of a very pale and sick looking Izuku. While spinner was burning some papers to keep the heros from getting their hands on it.

It was then that I realised the situation me and Dabi were in, I had just blown his cover hadn't I?

Everyone paused for a second. Dabi swore.

"Fuck."

"You fucking traitor!" Spinner grabbed a dagger on his person and ran straight at Dabi. I acted quickly and shot out some feathers, they swiftly disarmed him and pinned him to the ground and Dabi sighed before running over to battle Kurogiri.

I heard a large bang and screams from the hall and knew I had to act fast, I need to get Izuku out of here. As I crouch down to spring up but a large rough hand grabs the scruff of my neck and throws me out of the room in one smooth movement.

I crash through the double doors and hit something causing that to topple over under me. I groaned and pushed myself off it before jumping off of whatever it was and raced back towards the doors. Turns out that something was Fat Gum. But just as I jump back up something wraps around my waist yanking me back.

"What th-"

"Hawks! What are you doing? Get out you look like shit, we're getting out of here so move your ass!" A pair of red eyes with my golden ones. Erasurehead. But he was the least of my worries currently.

"They're going to escape, we have to get Reaper back now!" I pulled myself forward out of the cloth resistants knocking Erasurehead over and kicked open the door to see my brother in the arms of his father. The head villain turned around, now facing me with a maniacal grin stretched across his face which was splattered in blood. Dabi's blood.

Dabi was beaten badly and unconscious. His leg had been badly broken, looks like someone had just folded it in half. A burnt Spinner was holding the man's black hair while patting out the small blue flames on his costume with a large scowl on his face.

"Goodbye Takami, I'll look after Izuku from here." All for One said as sweetly as he could muster which was enough to give anyone nightmares. A purple portal twisted into existence behind them as Kurogiri pulled two girls into the portal, one was Toga. The other I've never seen before, I didn't see their face only the chestnut coloured hair as they jumped away. Shigaraki was no where to be seen but I watched in horror as Erasurehead restrained me again pulling back, away from my friends. All for One grinned wider and walked through the portal alongside the other villains.

"Reaper!"

The portal closed.

I heard cheering down the hall, celebrations from the successful raid with almost zero hero casualties.

Everything but one.

I lost him.

I lost Dabi too.

But I lost my brother.

I feel the cloth around my waist slowly unravel and let my wings droop as I felt my legs buckle beneath me.

"Hawks!"

I'm so sorry Izuku.

***

[Dabi's Pov]

It's been about thirteen hours since my capture and Izuku's failed escape. We are in a wearhouse I don't recognise and we are both chained up.

"So, Dabi was a traitor this whole time?" Muffled voices spoke. I had been tied down and nailed to the inside of a large wooden crate. Izuku opposite me also in a similar state just without the black eye, broken rib, fractured jaw and folded leg.

"I told you guys he was the traitor, yet you didn't take me seriously."

"Shut up you over grown geko."

The doc gave me some sort of painkiller so I don't die but I don't trust it though. It's doing it's job well cause I don't feel any pain but I don't know when it will wear off. Thankfully I passed out after the second blow to the temple though I felt the ribs and heard the jaw crunch. I don't remember the leg part though, I'm glad about that but this is definitely a safety precaution so I don't try running out.

"I say we drown him in the crate."

"Let him bleed out. I want to see blood!"

"Mail him in parts to Hawks."

Oh, so they were deciding on how to kill me, great. I hear muffled heavy breathing and look up to the open top, they hadn't bothered nailing the top on because we can't climb out exactly, to see a pair of brown eyes staring at the unconscious Izuku with a glint of something dangerous shining.

"Hello?" They squealed knowing they had been seen and hopped away which confused me more, who was that? I hadn't seen them before.

"Dabi?" A quiet voice mumbles out. My head snaps back to Izuku. He was waking from his sleep. I watched him pause and look at our surroundings. At my chains, my injuries, our makeshift prison cell and finally his own cuffs.

His halo started flashing faintly almost like a subtle warning as he pursed his lips and observed his cuffs seeing the thin metal quirk blocking chocker around our necks. Our wrists and ankles were being bound by rope this time. He worked fast.

He as quietly as possible using the heel of his second hand trainers dig a small ledge in the chipboard by the corner next to the nails where we were trapped next to. He shuffled over and carefully wrapped his rope binding around the nail and started filing away the rope.

After twenty minutes his ropes were free and he was quickly pulled off the ropes and ripped off the choker before crushing it in the plan of his hand.

He looked over to me and pauses for a second before attempting to untie the knots by hand.

I rest my head on the wall as I filter though my thoughts and plans to escape and get him home. I'm still not sure about myself but I'll be fine, probably.

"Did anyone tell you what quirk I got Touya?" Did he not know yet?

"Pyrokinesis."

...

"Of. Fucking. Course." I snort, I guess he had a right to be pissed, the reason for all his past suffering was because of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He could have lived a perfectly normal life, become a hero but he didn't. He saw the worst people had to offer and survived till now, well most of the way but we can gloss over that part.

He paused for a moment and seemed to be in deep thought till he closed his eyes and closed his fist and it burst into flames. He quickly opened his eyes and freaked out, shaking his hand and the fire dispersed almost instantaneously. It took him a sec to calm down then went to try again. He inhaled focusing on his quirk and as he exhaled he held his hand out and a small spark danced into a small flame on the tip of his finger. Flames licked his finger but no burns were being made and he watched carefully as he noticed the zero pain response. Using this small fire he leaned forward and very carefully burnt away the the ropes careful not to burn my skin and burnt away all the restraints and took a second to breathe before relaxing and sitting down next to me.

"Ready to get out of here?" He said his head resting against my shoulder. He was obviously still tired and sickly. He had beads of sweat dripping down his face and bags under his eyes. You could argue they were worse then mine.

"Hell yeah." He raised a hand over his mouth lazily.

"Attempt #2 is a go." He said jokingly mimicking a radio transmission. He looked at my jacked up leg and pondered a way to get out. He once made a makeshift splint when we went camping and I managed to break my leg, don't ask how because I will not share. We don't have anything to help with us anyway.

Also the villains were pricks and took my favourite jacket so I'm salty as all hell about that.

"How about we just," Izuku pointed to an open window above us." Fly out?"

"Seems easy enough, can you carry me though?" Izuku sniggered before tapping the side of his head by his temple and a small smile grew.

"I'd say this is a life or death situation so, telekinesis okay with you? I'll still hold you in case but it'll make you as light as a feather."

"As long as it doesn't hurt you or make you get a major migraine then I'm fine." From what I understand about Izuku's telekinesis quirk and from what I've seen he could easily lift a jumbo jet before the drawbacks set in. Izuku has to use almost his full concentration constantly other wise his grip on the object will drop. He doesn't even need to have it in his line of sight for the object to stay under his control.

He was trained so aggressively and extensively he could at one point use it for almost twelve hours straight before he passed out from immense pain and a burst blood vessel in his brain which almost killed him. Seeing as it's been a two years I'd say he could probably use it for maximum a few hours before killing himself.

The drawbacks are basically gradually increasingly painful migraines which also cause him to forget how to breathe sometimes because he's so focused on the task, it's was pretty scary to see. Also nose bleeds, they act as warning to when he needs to take a break so once the nosebleed starts, you stop.

"I'll be fine, I promise." I hum my response knowing full well he would throw away that promise the moment I get hurt and ready myself. I watch as he slowly unlocks the window latch using his quirk on the window above us with a small click that thankfully went unnoticed. Once he opened it fully, I gave him a nod before felt him pick me up with his telekinesis.

I floated up slightly and carefully Reaper wrapped an arm around my torso and held on tight but not enough to hurt. Thankfully he has managed to avoid the possible fractured ribs. We have seconds to make this work.

"I'll go check to the prisoners." We both panic but Izuku slowly crouched down before jumping.

"Oi!" It's now or never. Izuku pulls me up to land on a support beam before swinging off it with me in his free hand and crash out the window, glass raining below us like hail.

We hear a loud scream of anger as Izuku pulls me up in the sky next to him. I see Toga by the window and see a sparkle of sliver fly towards us. I spin around in his grip while accelerating upwards and create a large blast of blue fire which seems to incinerate the projectile into nothing but molten metal.

That could have gone badly, would have nailed him in the back. I look up to him to see beads of sweat dripping down his face, he's pushing himself, seeing as he doesn't train his telekinesis anymore, maybe we have less time then I thought.

I feel myself start to get heavier and my acsent starts to slow. We enter the clouds and Izuku is panting, face scrunched in pain. He's sick so he shouldn't even be moving but look at me. My leg has been folded like paper. Fucked up origami.

We level out and the lack of oxygen becomes apparent very quickly as his breath gets heavy and quicker just like mine. He has small oxygen tanks in his mask which stores and uses oxygen constantly so he can be in the clouds for about seven minutes last time I tuned in to his ramblings. But he sadly doesn't have that luxury currently.

He grabs around my chest holding his wrists tight as he slowly releases the hold on his telekinesis on me. We're chest to back so I'm facing the ground which is definitely a thing I don't ever want to do again.

"Ladies and gentlemen we are going to experience some turbulence on the descent so please re-buckle your seat belt and don't scream in the captain's ear. Thank you." Izuku says in his best scratchy radio voice again which makes me chuckle and at the sudden movement of my laughter I feel his grip slip slightly which makes me stop and give him a glance. He chuckles nervously and takes a deep breath and folds his wings.

We dive at a 45° angle straight at the ground and to saw I was scared was an understatement. I don't know who Hawks or Izuku do this on a daily basis and we aren't wearing masks over our eyes so they are watering like crazy. I believe Izuku had single handedly cut a decade of my life with that scare.

We head straight to the main city since we came form the outskirts , hopefully we can get immediate hero assistance there. He spreads his wings as we swoop up between the buildings but I can tell that it's not easy carrying another body when flying especially in Izuku's state.

We start dipping when we head for a crash collision straight towards a skyscraper. I grab onto his arm as he drops a wing and sweeps left turning down a main street.

I hear the shouts of the crowds below us as they look up at us. A surge of pain rushes through my leg as it knocks against Izuku's and I let out a groan as I hear a 'sorry' from Izuku which I wave off.

We head towards the south of the city, I don't think Izuku knows where we are going because he's straining to even stay up in the air now, we have been airborne for about fifteen minutes now. His face is contorted in a mixture of strain and pain.

We start dipping towards the ground after another minute and I see Izuku's eyes start fluttering shut and we drop. He's passing out. That's really not good we are still about seven storeys up. I'm not letting his last words be 'sorry' either.

I look at the ground and look for a safe place to crash land. I guess either the trees or onto of that incoming truck though we could roll of and become easy roadkill as neither of us seem to be able to move very well. I start shaking Izuku to keep him awake.

A horrific scream behind us wakes Izuku up and turns around to identify where it came from and I only see a look of pure tired terror on his face.

Then out of nowhere he twists dangerously to make me face the oncoming danger and my eyes widened at the sight of a screeching winged nomu flying straight at us with an open jagged toothed jaw. I release a blast of blue fire to incinerate the nomu but it flys straight through only somehow grazing it and grabs my arm and yanks me away from Izuku with a twisted cry.

It tosses me into a building and I fly straight through the glass windows into an office building. I crash through the second storey window straight through many, many office cubicles and end in some poor guys computer. We share a second of eye contact but once he looks at my scars he screams in fear and waddles away screaming the word villain over and over. Great. I hear flames roaring and screams of pain from both parties outside and I push myself from the crushed desk but collapse in pain as my leg is heavily bleeding and a bone is now pierced the skin.

He needs my help, he's sick and needs to get to safety and has no mask on. All bad. Especially the mask he never went out without it apart from to the library before his vigilante deal, ya know like four years ago.

I summoned all the strength and remaining willpower I had remained and pulled myself to my feet. I gasped at the sudden wait being place on my leg. It was excruciatingly painful. I paused for a moment to catch my breath then slowly limped my way forward towards the fight feeling tears well up in my eyes.

A couple more steps, just a few more. As I reached the shattered window I looked out to see Izuku hunched over coughing up blood with a small black rag wrapped around his nose and mouth dripping blood. It was saturated in red, he probably ripped it off his shirt as a makeshift mask. I hear a helicopter in the distance which is definitely the news coming to get a piece of the action.

Why are there no heros here yet? The nomu stole me away from my thoughts as it squealed and on all fours ran at Izuku. Please be fire proof against my flames Izuku. I raised my arm right as I leant against the bent steel frame from the broken window for the preparation for the recoil and exhaustion.

"Move Reaper!" He snapped his attention to me in my bloody state and quickly spread his wings and nodded. I let all my remaining strength into this shot and released. Reaper shot up out the way and the nomu screamed in pain at the heat which I made as hot as I could handle. Surrounding material melted or exploded from intense heat, I watched, stunned at my own power for a moment as I see the nomu scream one last time as it starts melting and turning to ash. I continued the stream of turquoise flames untill I felt my own skin start to burn. Fully cremated.

Reaper landed on a street lamp but the heat from the fire made it fold and he had to jump back to another lamppost. I hazily saw that he was heavily breathing and I could see he was in great pain. He was holding his left side and his head had a nasty gash oozing blood, his halo was dimly flickering. Once I dropped my hand I slumped down to the ground and felt my conscious start to fade into black.

I glance over to Izuku as he's not doing any better then me. I see the sweat saturate his clothes along side blood, too much blood.

I see him raise his head and in what's most likely his final wave of energy raise his right hand above his head and holds it up with his left. His halo flashes a warning and he creates a small spark in his plan which slowly ignites into a bigger and bigger flame till it fully explodes and a pillar of crimson fire spirals into the sky. Now that would definitely get the hero's attention and the villains.

The pillars heat is keeping me from falling asleep which is probably a good thing. I see the stream start to weaken as I see a flash of red in the distance. And a crowd of heros running around the corners. Reaper turns to me and gives a weak smile and slowly spreads his now mucky wings and flies over and lands on the same floor and his knees buckle next to me and he topples over. I weakly pat him on the shoulder as he passes out and I see a red feather fly through the broken window and float in front of us.

"Hey Hawks." I start to pass out as I hear the shouts of heros below as the public cheers in the background.

The last thing is see is Keigo swoop in looking like hell and runs over.

We got out.

✳️✴️✳️✴️✳️

Oh my goodness, that took so long and is more than double my normal average word count of 2,200 words.

I hope you enjoyed the great escape and look forward for more. I've officially published all my prewritten chapters so I hope you look forward to the special coming soon.

It's a big boi.

Till then, I hope you have a good day or night cause I'm getting up at 5:00am tomorrow to finish projects, yay.

I'm not even a a week in. (-_-;)

I just want to go to sleep.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

73.5K 3K 64
Death. Blood. Villains. Trust. Love. Friends. Izuku had forgotten the real meaning of those words. All of them had combined into a weird mixture by...
9K 456 9
Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless. Has been his entire life. Always will be. And yet, that's not all. He's bullied. Despite the impressively shitty hand lif...
193K 9.3K 51
DISCLAIMER: MHA doesn't belong to me but Kohei Horikoshi This books contains strong language, blood, abuse, depressing topics(self harm, suicide atte...
445K 15K 51
Both of Izuku's parents abandon him and he's forced to go to an abusive orphanage. What happens when he gets adopted by criminals just to escape duri...