In Paris 1723

By FullyUnknown

"It's basically just a nice way to say that she can control minds-" "You're telling me this now! She hates me... More

Note
Part Zero
[0.1]
[0.2]
[0.3]
[0.4]
[0.5]
[0.6]
Part One
Twilight Cast
[1.1]
[1.2]
[1.3]
[1.4]
[1.5]
[1.6]
[1.7]
[1.8]
[1.9]
[1.10]
[1.11]
[1.12]
[1.13]
[1.14]
[1.15]
[1.16]
[1.17]
[1.18]
[1.19]
[1.20]
[1.21]
[1.22]
[1.24]
[1.25]
[1.26]
Part Two
Twilight: New Moon Cast
[2.1]
[2.2]
[2.3]
[2.4]
[2.5]
[2.6]
[2.7]
[2.8]
[2.9]
[2.10]
[2.11]
[2.12]
[2.13]
Part 3
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Part 4
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Part 5
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five

[1.23]

2.2K 62 4
By FullyUnknown

↑Genevieve's ring ↑

______________________

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

______________________

*Genevieve*

After a few days, we had finally gotten back into a normal routine. Edward spent almost all of his time with Bella, who was on her way home from the hospital. Carlisle quickly reapplied to work at the local hospital, with his paperwork being approved on the spot. It was clear to everyone that the hospital was happy to have Carlisle- who was easily their best doctor- back in town.

Rose and Emmett had taken a surprise trip back to South Africa, spending all of their free time in the savannah. Emmett cheerily called us every few days to boast about the different wild game that he had taken down. Rose had sent me an endless amount of photographs from the trip, all of which she had proudly taken. From the seemingly endless pile of photographs that we had, a small handful were chosen by Esme to be blown up and hung artfully around the house, a fact that had Rose beaming for days on end. The remaining pile of photographs were set to the side of Theo and I's room, allowing for a constant flow of inspiration that helped to create a new batch of paintings.

Esme happily fluttered around the house, rearranging the entire house, switching out the furniture, and happily taking my new paintings and hanging them up all around the house. She even went as far as to ask me to paint something custom for her, which I did with a smile on my face, happy to see her happy.

Theo and I had stayed home, having 'graduated' from school the year before with Rose and Emmett. Theo decided to do online school, majoring in Plant Science, which I had never heard of before, fully believing that he was making it up until he showed me the course.

Even after Edward and Theo had their major fight in the yard, there still seemed to be some unresolved tension between the two. Theo grumbled curses under his breath anytime that Edward entered a room. A few times he even went so far as to leave the room anytime Edward entered, making sure to roughly bump his shoulder on the way out. Anytime they were forced together, Edward opted to stay silent, lurking away from the family in the corners of the room and looking rather uncomfortable being anywhere near Theo. 

According to Jasper, Edward was still shaking leaves- and even the rare twig- out of his overly gelled hair. After a few days, Edward had- somehow- gotten Theo to forgive him, even going so far as to send him a monthly plant and succulent subscription box- which I didn't even know was a thing until the first box appeared on the front door- to truly cement that they were indeed 'okay' with each other.

______________________

For the first time in, what seemed to me like forever, the house was completely silent.

The entire family had left early in the morning. Rose and Alice were going shopping, Esme was walking around some interior decorating store that was a few hours away, Carlisle was at work, Jasper and Emmett were out hunting, and Theo was somewhere in the house watering the countless plants that he bought. The sudden- but welcome- free time allowed me to catch up on my painting, which I had been forced to abandon for a few weeks due to the Bella situation.

I leaned back in my chair and looked at the canvas that sat in front of me, splashes of paint having been splattered across it. The colors contrasting enough that it made it look interesting, but not too overbearing to look at. After letting it dry, I looked over at the cans of paintbrushes, carefully running my fingers over the bristles until I found the brush that I was looking for. I picked it up and twirled the new, unused paintbrush in my hand as I thought about what it needed. Slowly dipping it into the bucket of blue paint, and beginning to drag the paint along the top of the canvas, watching as it dripped down and slowly began to dry.

"Looks good," Theo says, causing me to jump slightly.

"I didn't know you were standing there," I say, watching as he chuckled slightly. After a few seconds, he- almost hesitantly- steps into the room and slowly makes his way over towards me, stopping when he is right behind my chair. He looks over at the painting for a moment before carefully placing his hand on top of mine, guiding a new bush into the bucket of black paint and brushing it across the canvas. After finishing, he pulled our hands away, both of us silently watching as the paint slowly dripped down the canvas.

"Come downstairs with me. I have a surprise for you," Theo whispered into my ear. A shiver ran up my spine when his breath hit my ear. I carefully put down my brush and stood up. Grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the still dripping wet paints, but not in the direction of the door. Quickly pulling him into the bed and straddling his waist, promptly attacking his lips with mine.

______________________

After a few hours, I rolled over and laid on top of Theo's chest, resting my chin on my hands as I smirked down at him. I raised my eyebrow as he wrapped his arm around my back, carefully turning as he grabbed something from the side table before turning back towards me and smiling softly.

"What?" I chuckle, looking at his golden eyes. "Theo. What is it?"

He carefully took my hand and placed the small velvet box in it, making me look down in confusion, not understanding what it was.

"What! What is it?"

"Open it," he pressed gently, watching my face carefully. I sighed as I sat up, gently opening the box and looking at the ring that was carefully nestled inside.

"Theodore Sallow," I gasped, looking from the box back up to him.

"I know how heartbroken you were when it broke, so I got the band fixed. I- um updated it a little too, not too much though," he whispered, "I- I actually, um, I had this whole plan on how I was going to show it to you and repropose to you... but we kinda got sidetracked."

I smiled sheepishly at him and chuckled, "whoops."

He just smiled down at me, gently taking the ring out of its box and holding it.

"Genevieve Foix Denali Cullen, would you do me the honor and pleasure of marrying me... again?" He asked, his eyes shining with amusement, knowing that I would say 'yes' no matter what.

I smiled as I happily nodded my head, reaching my hand out and watching as he carefully slipped the ring on. I looked at him with a loving smile, throwing my arms around him when he had finished.

"I love it, thank you," I whispered to him. Feeling his chest vibrant with his laughing.

"You haven't even properly looked at it," he said.

I threw my head back as I let out a laugh, lifting my hand and looking at the ring as it glittered in the light. "It's beautiful," I say, smiling back down at him. "I love it. I didn't even know that you were getting it fixed... thank you."

______________________

Leaving the room, I eagerly dragged Theo down the stairs, wanting to talk to Rose about it. Quickly seeing her sitting on the couch reading through the newspaper. Squealing as I sat down next to her, Theo lumbering off to talk to Emmett or Jasper.

"Did he do it?" Rose asked, happily throwing aside the paper and reaching for my hand, carefully looking over the ring. "He got this back in the 60s, right?"

"While you were all out, and yes." I sang happily, Rose chuckled as she leaned back against the couch. 

"Well, he did good back then," she mused, raising an eyebrow as she smirked at me. "When's the wedding date?"

"Wedding?" Alice asked, her eyes glowing at the sound of a party. "What wedding? Are we planning a wedding? Whose wedding? I didn't know of any wedding?"

I chuckled at her as I held up my hand, showing off the ring. Alice let out a squeal of excitement as she rushed over, taking my hand in hers and quickly babbling off her numerous questions.

"I have no idea," I said, smiling at her as I chuckled. "We have all the time in the world to get married."

Alice let out an annoyed huff, crossing her arms as she raised her eyebrows. "Do you at least know where you want to get married?" 

"Denali," I say simply, watching as she nods her head and promptly bounds out of the room, no doubt already starting to plan the wedding in her head. Rose clicked her tongue as she looked at me, a knowing smile on her face.

"Good luck with that," she joked, getting up and giving me another genuine smile before leaving the room. "Congratulations again, Evie."

______________________

Theo and I quickly told the rest of the family, who all congratulated us as well, with enthusiastic smiles on everyone's faces. Esme pulled me into a tight motherly hug as she congratulated me, while Carlise pulled me into a hug and shook Theo's hand, offering him an excited nod.

After a few hours, we all separated and went to do our own things around the house.

Rose was back to fixing up one of the cars in the garage.

Carlisle was doing paperwork in his office with Esme offering to keep him company, taking her countless journals up to the office with a giddy smile.

Jasper and Emmett were playing video games upstairs.

Edward, who was at the house for the first time forever, was playing the piano in his room.

While Alice was reorganizing her closet, getting rid of her 'out of season' clothes to make room for the new clothes that she was planning to buy the next time that we would go into town to shop.

Theo and I quickly settled onto the couch and called Tanya and the rest of the Denalis, updating them on our re-engagement. Almost immediately, I had to pull the phone away as Tanya let out a joyous screech, both of us wincing as we listened to her. Looking over at Theo I let out a chuckle as I listened to her slowly back down, demanding to know all the details and playfully ripping Theo apart for not telling her his plans. 

Kate, Irina, Carmen, and Eleazar all sent us a wave of congratulations and wished us good luck on dealing with Tanya before quickly leaving the room, their laughter echoing through the phone as Tanya let out a huff, most likely rolling her eyes before going back to interrogating us about our plans.

Leaning back against the couch, trying to get comfortable, both of us knowing that we were in for a long night. Continuing to listen to Tanya rattle off about her excitement for the wedding, cheerfully talking about calling Alice to help plan it. Both of us shared a glance, knowing that the two of them together would make both the Denali's and the Cullen's go mad. 

______________________

After a few more hours, the moon had fallen and the sun had risen, and Tanya still continued to talk into the phone. Theo had halfheartedly plugged the phone in hours ago, neither of us having the heart to end the call. I decided to just ride it out, never expecting us to still be sitting in the same spot hours later.

"I was thinking, that maybe after you guys get married, you could stay here for a lit-" Tanya said, pausing as she quietly talked off the phone. She sighed as her voice became clear once more. "I have to go, Kate wants me to go hunting with her...apparently Irina is too enamored with Laurent to go with her."

"Laurent is with you guys?" I ask, my interest peaking as I hear of the vampire's whereabouts for the first time. "When did he arrive?"

"Oh a few weeks ago... Irina's over the moon," Tanya chirped, obviously happy for her sister.

"It's actually quite disgusting to be around," Kate cut in. The two sisters bickered back and forth for a few seconds before Tanya sighed and returned to the phone.

"I gotta go... Kate's being needy and she doesn't want to go anywhere near Irina and Laurent..."

"We'll let you go then," Theo said, smiling with relief as he glanced over at me.

"Wipe that smile off your face Theodore... I'll call you two in a few hours," Tanya hissed.

"I wasn't doing anything!" Theo said defensively.

"Oh please! Your tone tells me otherwise!" Tanya retorted. Theo grumbled as he took the phone off speaker, holding it up to his ear as he continued to playfully bicker with Tanya.

Standing up, he started out of the room before pausing, turning around pressing a quick kiss on my cheek, and continuing his conversation.

"- please! There is no way that you can even tell what my face is doing based solely on my tone, Tanya! That's. Not. Possible!"

I shake my head in disbelief as he walks out of the room, continuing to argue with Tanya as he bounded up the stairs.

"JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY IT'S TRUE DOESN'T ACTUALLY MEAN THAT IT'S TRUE!"

I scoff as I look over at Esme, who had bounded happily into the room a few minutes after Theo had exited. "I'm engaged to a plant-loving, tree-hugger of a child!"

"I HUGGED THAT TREE ONE TIME, G! ONE TIME!" Theo bellowed.

"You don't get a say you, TREE HUGGER!" I scream back, ignoring the look that Esme gave me from her spot at the kitchen counter.

"Lower the volume please," she chided, rubbing her temples as she looked down at her diagrams.

_______

-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 4K 38
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. Apathetic- showing or feeling no interest, concern, or emotion. Or The story of L...
65.5K 1.4K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
2.9M 76.9K 111
She's got the eyes of innocence, The face of an angel, A personality of a dreamer And a smile that hides more pain, Than you can ever imagine. #1 bel...
1.1M 29.8K 45
"𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑖 𝑚𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟...𝑔𝑜𝑑 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑟" 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢...