Fight to the Edge!

By Idolwhisper

On November 6th, 2022, there has been a release of a huge Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Rolepl... More

Fight to the Edge!
2: Meeting a new friend!
3: Log out button missing?
4: We're Trapped!
5: Survive this game
6: Central Tolbana Plaza
7: Discussion with Kayaba
8: Activating the Pillars
9: We're Twins Kirito...
10: Raid Meeting
11: The night, before the Boss
12: Floor Dungeon
13: Defeat the Boss!
14 | Ongoing to Level 2!

1: Beginnings of Sword. Art. Online

54 2 0
By Idolwhisper

Ever since the accident of her parents, she has suffered the chosen fate that her aunt and uncle; didn't want to take her in, due to house is small, and it lacks bedrooms. It was her decision to make instead of Sharing a room with her twin brother Kazuto Kirigaya. She stayed at a local orphanage, run by her and Kazuto's uncle. Well not directly in the orphanage in a separate hotel room attached to it. She requested it at age thirteen to give her brother the room, a year ago.

Reiko felt sort of free, However, She does help out around the orphanage and get paid to do it. However she constantly despises a certain orphan girl, who loves to make her miserable even, if she does her work properly. She never listens to her so the adults have to step in, to help.

Although what Reiko had always felt happy is by play games mmo, the matter of fact. She recently got accepted to beta test a new up and coming game which will soon to be released. She was thrilled when the game arrived with a headgear and didn't hesitate to set everything up. Unfortunately she didn't select Kiriko as a name. It will confuse new players she felt at the time. Reiko had a life within a virtual game and enjoying play- testing features. However, things will soon come to the end of the beta testing this game.

Reiko blinked opening her eyes, as she was just listening to the latest live stream for Sword Art Online as she was wearing her headset, Reiko was currently on break. looking at her laptop was lounging on the sofa in the tiny apartment in a sitting position. The apartment had no kitchen, or what she calls a kitchen? Just a living/tatami space. The futon wasn't rolled up, it was still laying flat near the wall. She was also multitasking by flipping through an SAO manual, about the game. Reiko closed her eyes again, thinking. Boy, SAO seems to be off without a hitch, this game was just released and now it seems to become popular... "It was sold out" she voiced softly

"Earth to Reiko Kirigaya!"

Suddenly something yanked her headphones off her ears and she yelled out loud, turning to whoever did that. "What the Hell! " she screamed facing the girl holding her headphones. "did you get in my apartment or even no, actually I don't want to know how you got in!"

Reiko faced one of the so-called popular orphans, who have entered her room and her eyes flicker straight to where the helmet was placed, just near where her plushes are placed, she received over the years when she visits Midori's and her cousin's home. that has NerveGear on it and inside herself, excitement bubbled up, knowing that she can not wait until she can enter the world of Sword Art Online to see all of the new Players. It got pretty boring, knowing they were just 1,000 players who were chosen to beta test the game, before the release date. Reiko soon focused her gaze on the girl, better to get this over with, so she can log into Sword Art Online, So maybe she can see her twin brother again.

This girl who calls herself "her friend" with who I and she merely are acquaintances, I had no idea why I said that we were friends?... When she always tormented her, only because she recently discovered that I actually had family and somehow she saw her leave with her uncle and return constantly...

Sometimes I wish, I could get away from all of the pain. As I thought looking at the nerve gear on the shelf.

"Yes, Kiriya Sakura-san, what do you want?" Reiko replied sitting up "what are you even doing in my apartment? and I don't work today"

"you have a package!" she yelled throwing it at me, before turning around and heading out the door.

It landed on the floor in front of her. Reiko blinked out of it shocked at Sakura and she got up from the bed, to pick it up from the floor. "will you stop throwing packages at me! It could be dangerous!" she yelled putting it on a shelf. "And can't you bother knocking first off!"

"I don't care, what you are doing? I don't care if you are on break.....Well it's addressed to you isn't it!" she yelled back tossing back the headphones which landed on the floor, and Reiko didn't have time to catch them.

"yeah so-" Reiko started, but she cut her off.

"Sometimes I wonder, what the hell are you still doing here!" she yelled

"Just leave!" yelled Reiko

Sakura then turned around and shut the door to Reiko's apartment. to where Reiko sat on her bed, shutting down her laptop.

She made a good point... however I chose to live away from my aunt and uncle temporarily of course... did my colleagues tell her to bring my package up and over here... gosh that orphan pisses me off.. to the brim...Reiko glanced over to at the Nervegear and smiled.. "I haven't checked in today." she quietly replied looking at it, feeling the excitement swell in her chest,  before her attention caught sight of the package. It was a brown box, ' I don't want to open it right now... Reiko first tidied up, moved some of her things into the small closet. Reiko then fluffed up the pillow grabbed the NerveGear helmet and plugged it into the land phone cable outlet, grinning happily.

Suddenly she heard a loud banging heavily against her door. Reiko sat down with her legs stretched out ignoring the banging on her room door.

"Reiko Kirigaya open up! I want to talk to you!"

The voice came from her uncle. "It's important!"

Reiko adjusted her pigtails from being high up to on the sides of her head. sighing putting her helmet on her lap, "what do you want now uncle!" She yelled, "I'm busy!"

"Open the door, so I can tell you!" he said

"No! Whatever you have to say, say it to me with the door closed!"

Reiko fixed the remaining pigtail. The voice went quiet on the other side of the door. With a determined nod of her head. She then chose to put on the NerveGear helmet on and put on the safety strap under her chin, clicking the strap in place.

Once the NerveGear was safely secured on her head. Reiko laid down on the futon. putting her head on her pillow, she stretched out on her bed, slowly let out a grin as she closed her eyes.

"LINK START!"  Reiko yelled out in excitement in her mind. Flashing Five Sense check, came flashing by her eyes, as she got transported into the world of sword art online.

"Welcome back, Fellow SAO beta tester, in the finished outlook of the MMORPG"

Rozari, felt her heart skip a beat, as she opened her eyes. Noticing her surroundings, around her she spotted other players mingling and yet not Kirito. He was usually near the teleport gate, during the beta, to welcome her. However he isn't there to greet her, this time. maybe he is out grinding on the plains or a floor.

At first glance, she looked down at her hands, heart pounding. She felt determined as she clutched her fist, Rozari suddenly gasping hoping off of the podium and she looked up scanning the center and the other players. She had a purple beginner outfit with black armour ontop and leggings meeting tied up steal toed boots. Then her irl appearance she even has purple hair in pigtails. She chose the name Rozari over her nicknames, Rei or Kiriko. Rozari didn't tell Kirito about her choice. She would rather blend in over being known of being Kirito's twin sister.

Something lit inside her as she grinned with excitement. god I love my uncle... and my orphan friends... but sometimes it's mesmerizing in this game...

Rozari's avatar is like the avatar, she chose and selected during the Beta Tester round. that makes it seem like she looks very tall and slim, not like her original appearance. She also chose purple with black, shoulder, chest and knee armor. She processes a blue double-ended sword with a simple Rose Bow as an extra. For now, she chose solo player, to keep her guild options open.  Reiko chose to have her avatar hair purple, in the same pigtails as she had in the real world, instead the elastic bands have little crowns attached to them. even though she took out her hair ponytails before logging in.

Glancing over at an incoming message, she selected it and it was from Kirito. She smiled with his location and a simple message. letting her know where he is.

***

Hello, Virtual world I have missed you... Rozari grinned briefly, reaching to where the small cafe is and outside sitting on the bench, sat her twin brother. She grinned and waved "YA-hoo, Kirito" she raced over to where Kirito was.

Kirito turned his head, looking up, hearing Rozari's voice and he smiled at her. "Welcome back Rozari?"

Kirito and Rozari chose to split up for a minute, since he was planning on visiting the town streets as she went out on the Origin Plains. "now let's go grind?"

Rozari grinned and nodded.

[An Hour Later]

On the origin plains grinding those Frenzy Boars. When one of those Boars noticed Rozari and started attacking her in between of slashing the one. Rozari aimed and turned her sword and rammed it into the head, killing it. She embraced herself and launched over doing a flip to swipe at the other, killing that.

Once those two Frenzy boars vanished in pixels. Rozari instantly felt something hit her in the back and She soon heard a very familiar voice, telling her to run.

Rozari turned around and saw another Frenzy Boar about to strike again. its beady eyes glaring at her, on its back legs.

Rozari stood frozen in fear.

In a quick instant, a male figure jumped in front of Rozari pushing her away from it and instantly killed it. She recognized the male figure as Kirito and Rozari clutched the middle section of her plain double-ended sword.

Rozari, stood back up, gaining the reality after taking a few breaths, letting out a sharp cry and chose to help Kirito. Side by side, She and Kirito defeated the Frenzy boar and a couple of Stinging Wasps, who got in the way. When most of the Frenzy boars in the area are gone, well those that are around them.

"Rozari, better keep your guard up? I can't be near you every second when you are grinding?"

Kirito decided to face Rozari and she blinked in shock, she didn't get a good look earlier, on his appearance, during the beta, she had rarely even crossed paths with him, let alone hang out; since they are both solo players; so she just now noticed his appearance, a tall boy with black hair, his hair strands are somewhat on his face and he looks to be older than her, his armor is blue to black. However, the appearance can always come off as deceiving. Since she knew him in real life, as a short, messy black hair that is always in his eyes. wearing a black shirt and navy jeans and black shoes. almost always cooped up in his bedroom and on the computer when or after she visits, his house.

"I should have been looking at my surroundings? I can not thank you enough" replied Rozari truly sorry, bowing "Thank you Kirito"

"Next time Rozari please make sure you work on your swordsman skills because no wonder why you were stuck on Floor 4, during the beta"

"I will Kirito" Rozari smiled.

"Also why did you choose a double-ended sword? Those swords aren't that great even for a beta tester" he chuckled teasing a little.

"!"  Rozari's eyes went wide in shock after Kirito said that. Kirito... is it, you?... my twin brother...

"Will you?-"  paused Rozari

"Relax, I was only teasing you" he chuckled putting his sword over his shoulder and back in its sheath.

Rozari blinked and placed her double-ended sword on her back, in its holder. "I see do you this often?" Rozari asked with her hand at her chin, trying to sound nonchalantly and less obvious... I do not want Kirito to realize that I may be his twin sister... if he is Kazuto...

Kirito's eyes went wide shocked at what Rozari just said... "Maybe maybe not..." he said in defense.

"Just think on toning the teasing down, only because you might make other players angry at you" I smirked putting my hand at my waist

"I will try" he nodded, quickly grabbing Rozari's wrist. but no promises... " I think you should head straight to the Merchant in the nearby district, before you annihilate a player with that sword of yours"

"Wait wait, excuse me?" she asked as Kirlto grabbed a hold of her wrist.

"What's wrong with my sword?!"

Kirito looked at her, as he let go.  Rozari raced after him, confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82 1 6
Reeling from the aftermath of the SAO incident Ronnan found himself back in a VR game, trying to put the incident behind him and move on. However thi...
39.1K 752 22
Y/n was lucky to beta test the new game Sword art online. She loved it and was one of the strongest players in the beta reaching higher floors. She w...
19.9K 432 24
The new VR world of Sword Art Online enthralled all the people of the world, until a dark twist emerges. The Ten-Thousand players who logged in first...
2.3K 80 4
The floating castle of Aincrad is a wonderful place. It's filled with people and monsters who were designed for others to enjoy, to fulfil the desir...