Great Loss (a hotchniss story)

بواسطة lylovescm

Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he develope... المزيد

background
worry (emily's POV)
feelings (hotch's POV)
truth (emily's POV)
plead (hotch's POV)
confess (emily's POV)
rush (emily's POV)
gone (hotch's POV)
the letters
new start (emily's POV)
contemplate (hotch's POV)
anger (emily's POV)
secrets (hotch's POV)
aware (emily's POV)
odd (hotch's POV)
baby & death (emily's POV)
grieve (hotch's POV)
stress (emily's POV)
suspicions (hotch's POV)
new life (emily's POV)
Athena (narrator's POV)
unveil
encounter
a blast & its aftermath
trapped
too much?
a moment
family
a question
talks
perfect
epilogue

regret (hotch's POV)

1.6K 21 7
بواسطة lylovescm

I have everything I've ever wanted. A job that comes with family. A son who's doing great in school and seems happy. And the woman who I've always dreamed of.

"Cheesy much Aaron?"

As strict as I am at work, I've always had a soft side for the people I love and I adore. I'm content with life.

I walk in towards the BAU and the team's still gathered, giggling and chitchatting while giving stares towards me.

"Get back to work everyone, I want that paperwork done before a new case comes in," I say, watching them go back to their desks and offices. I head towards mine.

A couple minutes later, I see Emily walk through the doors and sit at her desk. My door's open so I see her look up at me, giving me a smile. Damn that smile.

It's almost 7pm. Everyone's slowly gathering their stuff and heading home. The only people left are Reid, Emily, and I. I see Reid and Emily chitchatting and they walk out together. Seems like she's dropping him off.

After I'm done, I pack up my things and turn the lights to my office. I head towards my car, and I enter and set my things down in the passenger seat.

"It's an early night. Maybe Emily might want to come over."

But Jack. He's home with Jessica. Is it time to introduce Emily as my girlfriend to him?

I pick up my phone and I call Emily.

"Hey Boss, what's up?" she says, hearing small giggles in the background.

I scoff, "Don't call me that, are you on speaker?"

"Bye Reid, see you." I hear her say. She heard the serious tone in my voice. "No, what's wrong?"

"Nothing I knew you would take me serious if I changed my tone." I hear her scoff. "Do you want to come over? I'm about to pick up some food."

"Um sure. Isn't Jack home?" she guessed.

"He is, but I was hoping to introduce you to him, since you are officially my girlfriend," I grinned.

Sounding uneasy, she says, "Okay, I'll be over soon, I'm just gonna change into something casual."

"Okay?" I say. "See you soon." She hangs up the phone.

Is something wrong with her?

I pick up two boxes of pizza. And I drive home. I open up the door and I see Jack jump from the couch. He's too fast that he got to me before I put down my things and the pizza.

I give him a big hug. "Hi buddy, did you miss me? How was it with Jessica?" I say, looking over at her, then to him.

"I did Daddy. And I had fun, we went to the park and  she helped me with my homework," he beamed.

I sigh, "I'm sorry for not being with you this weekend Buddy. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. It's my day off."

"YAY! Aunt Jessica did you hear that? Daddy's going to spend time with me!" he says, giving me another big hug.

"Jessica, you can go if you would like. Thank you for watching Jack. Grab a few slices of pizza before you leave," I say.

She gets up and picks up her purse. "Aaron, I told you. Anytime, I'm always here for you. We're family. I'm especially here for Jack. This is for Haley." She picks up a few slices before heading out. "Bye!"

I wave and I turn to Jack. He's already diving into the pizza.

"Slow down Bud. I need to talk to you about something. I have a friend from the BAU coming over. You might have seen her once or twice at Uncle Rossi's parties or dinners. Her name is Emily."

"Yes Daddy, I remember her. She's really nice." he says, with a mouth full of pizza.

I grab a napkin and I laugh, wiping the sauce from his mouth. "Before you take another bite, can you clean up your toys for me?"

"Okay. Don't eat my pizza Daddy," he states, running off to clean up his toys.

I smile and I walk over to the cabinets. I grab plates and drinks.

I hear a knock at the door. I walk over and I open it. "Hey Em. Come in, you look great," I smirk.

"Oh stop it, it's just jeans and a hoodie," she says walking in.

I close the door. "Hey Jack I want you to say hi to someone. This is Emily."

"Hi Emily, you're Daddy's friend so you're my friend. Look at my Darth Vader," he replied.

Emily smiles, "That's so cool. Can I play with you after we eat because I'm super hungry."

He beams and we all walk over to the table. I look over at them both and I admire them. Emily begins to play with Jack and his toys as we're eating.

"What?" she says.

"I never knew you were so good with kids," I say.

She admits, "I never knew either. Maybe Jack's warming up to me."

I grab her hand and I squeeze it. Two of my favorite people bonding. We begin to eat the pizza. Us three almost finish the box but Jack is occupied with Darth Vader.

As we begin to finish, I begin to talk, "Hey Buddy. I need to talk to you. Emily's not just my friend. She's a special friend. She's my girlfriend."

His head perks up, "What's a girlfriend?"

"A girlfriend is someone who you really like. I really like Emily," I grin.

"Was Mommy your girlfriend?" he asks, not making eye contact.

I explain, "Mommy was my wife. A wife is someone who you get married to."

Jack looks at Emily, "Are you going to become my mommy?"

Em looks up at me and starts to talk, "I won't become your mommy because she's your mommy. I will be here for you though if you need anything."

"YAY! Let's watch a movie Daddy. Star Wars and popcorn please! Emmy come sit next to me!" he exclaims, jumping out of his seat.

"Looks like his new nickname for you is Emmy. Hope that's okay. I'll clean up, can you start it up?" I ask, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She smirks, "I like the nickname. Only he gets to call me that though."

The movie starts and the most excited one is Jack. But within 30 minutes, he's asleep. His head laying on Emily's shoulder.

She gets a pillow from the side of her and puts it on her lap. Emily slowly brings Jack's head towards the pillow. He adjusts as he's still asleep. Emily too begins to doze off.

Letting the movie run till it ends, I clean up, looking over and admiring them as they both slept. I look at the time, and it's past 10pm.

I nudge Emily just a little bit, "Hey Em, you fell asleep. Do you want to go home or stay here?"

"I think I'll head home. I kind of miss my bed," she says, looking around, then realizing Jack's on her lap. "I can carry him to his room, just show me where."

She slides off to the side. She stands up and picks up Jack. He puts his head on her shoulder as she walks to his room, her hair brushing up on his head. She follows me as I point to his room, I stand at the door way. Emily begins to lay his head down, then his body. But she feels a tug on her hoodie.

"Mommy," he mumbled, leaving Hotch and Emily speechless. She runs her fingers through his hair and kisses him good night. Hotch closes the door and leads her toward the door.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that. I didn't know he was going to say that." I say.

She sighs, "No it's okay, we both didn't expect that. He must miss Haley a lot."

"Yeah, the only maternal figure in his life right now is Jessica, but she's only with him when I can't be with him," I explained.

I give her a hug. "Thank you for tonight, it made Jack happy. Even I was happy."

"Of course, let me know if he wants to watch more movies. I'll be happy to come over," Emily says, walking out the door.

"I love you," I call out.

She stops. "You what?"

"I love you. When we were talking with Jack about girlfriends and wives, I realized I love you, and hopefully someday we'll spend our lives together, married."

"Aaron... I love you too. And I love Jack. I know we just started dating literally yesterday. But I love you both," she exclaims, running up to me.

I pull her in, and I give her a kiss. She kisses me back.

After our little make out session, we pull away.

"Good night, baby," I call out as she walks to her car.

God, I love that woman so much.

After 2 weeks, Emily and I have slowly been spending more time with each other. With Jack or on dates. I'm amazed at how she's bonded with Jack so quickly. Usually he's shy but he's warmed up to her fast.

So far we only had two cases which took up a couple of our days but it doesn't stop us from spending time with each other. Ranging from sleeping with her in the hotel room, or holding her hand while driving in the SVU, I'm always with her.

She's the one. It's always been her. She makes me so happy, I haven't been this happy in a while. Even the team notices it. Before walking into the round table room, I hear whispers amongst the team.

"Babygirl, have you noticed how happy Hotch has been?" Morgan glances at her.

"Yes I have Chocolate Thunder, do you even know me? I radiate happiness which means I can detect it. It all started when our beloved Prentiss and Boss Man announced that they're a thing. My heart exploded when I caught them kissing," she exclaimed.

I smile before heading into the room. "What are we talking about Garcia, it better be about the case."

"Sorry Sir," she says, giggling.

But Emily has been avoiding me. For what reason? I don't know. So I invite her over to my house, Jack's at a sleepover so it'll just be me and her.

I open the door, "Hey, come in."

She sets down her bag and takes off her scarf. "Thank you, you said you wanted to talk about something?" she says, a little worried.

"Em, why have you been avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" I ask.

She scoffs, "Dammit Aaron, have you not realized? It's about to be a month. Anything come into your mind?"

Right then, I finally realize. The offer from Interpol.

I say, "What about the offer from Interpol? You didn't take it?" She stands in silence. "Right?"

"Let's take a seat, baby," she says, walking towards the couch.

We both sit down and she begins to talk.

"The day we announced our relationship, Strauss called us to her office and we talked about being professional at work. But she wanted me to stay behind so she can talk to me about the offer," she sighs. "She wanted an answer and I stayed in her office contemplating whether I should take it or not. So I gave her an answer. I said yes."

I look up from the ground and my eyes met hers. She was serious. "You... you said yes?" I get up and I pace around. "Why Emily? Is this why you didn't want me to go to your place! You're already packing? Why didn't you talk to me about this?"

"It's not your decision to make, it's mine!" she blurts out. "I knew you weren't going to like it but it's an amazing offer. The best program in the world. Aren't you happy for me?"

"I obviously am but how could you do this? A day after we start dating, you take an offer and you can't discuss it with me?" I shout.

Her eyes begin to fill with tears. "What would you do, Aaron? What about Jack, don't you want him to get the best he deserves? I want the best," her voice cracking.

"What about me Emily? And Jack? The BAU? Me?" I say.

"I was caught up in the moment. I wanted to spend time with you. And time came too fast," she gulped, beginning to cry.

My anger fills inside me. "Emily, what about us? You're just going to leave us behind? YOU CAN'T. I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO LET YOU GO. I LOST HALEY AND I CAN'T LOSE YOU TO INTERPOL!" I shout. "You made the mistake of taking that offer. And I made the mistake of falling in love with you."

As the words came out of my mouth, I regretted instantly. I look up and her eyes are filled with even more tears. She gets up, grabs her things, and opens the door and runs out.

"EMILY, I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I WAS CAUGHT UP IN THE MOMENT," I yell out.

I know she heard me because she hesitates before running to her car. She starts it and takes off.

"I'M SORRY. I LOVE YOU," I scream, running out to the road.

She's gone. I begin to walk up the driveway. I notice a fabric underneath my car. I look down and I grab it. It's Emily's scarf. I walk inside. I shut the door. And I lean against it. I begin to cry.

I take a sniff her scarf. It smells just like her.

What have I done?

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Author's Note:
hi angels! im currently writing this on monday. i should be asleep right now because it's literally midnight and i have school the next day. i planned on sleeping early but i wanted to finish this part. im too excited about this story so i decided to upload today (tuesday). i was planning on doing it on wednesday but if you want another part before the weekend, just comment :) ill try to not keep u waiting. how do u guys like it? hotch basically drove emily away? how do u feel about this situation. see u in the next part!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

74.7K 1.2K 21
Emily and Aaron have always had hidden feelings for each other. But, Emily is already in a committed relationship with Andrew Mendoza. What happens w...
158K 3K 39
On her 29th birthday, Eliza Carlisle meets one SSA Aaron Hotchner. The catch? Eliza happens to be Emily Prentiss' beautiful, rich, learned younger si...
5.5K 92 17
After Penelope chooses to leave the BAU, Emily and JJ get closer. JJ is still facing the consequences of confessing her love to Spencer but no one k...
5.9K 116 12
This is a Jeid, Hotchniss, and Morcia story. If you don't like one of the ships don't read. *Completed*