Great Loss (a hotchniss story)

Por lylovescm

Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he develope... Mais

background
worry (emily's POV)
feelings (hotch's POV)
truth (emily's POV)
plead (hotch's POV)
regret (hotch's POV)
rush (emily's POV)
gone (hotch's POV)
the letters
new start (emily's POV)
contemplate (hotch's POV)
anger (emily's POV)
secrets (hotch's POV)
aware (emily's POV)
odd (hotch's POV)
baby & death (emily's POV)
grieve (hotch's POV)
stress (emily's POV)
suspicions (hotch's POV)
new life (emily's POV)
Athena (narrator's POV)
unveil
encounter
a blast & its aftermath
trapped
too much?
a moment
family
a question
talks
perfect
epilogue

confess (emily's POV)

1.8K 21 14
Por lylovescm

"Damn it's bright."

I wake up to the sun shining on my face. I look over and I see Aaron sleeping. Rubbing my eyes, I pick up my phone.

"It's 7am? What the hell. What time did we go to sleep?"

I begin to gather my things. Before walking out of the room, I admire my shirtless hot man.

"Oh sh**, he's my boyfriend now!"

I put my shoes on and I run out of the house. It's finally sunny. It's going to be a good day. I start my car, and I drive off.

I reminisce about yesterday. We went out to eat. Hotch confessed his feelings. I hooked up with him, I became his girlfriend and I stayed the night at his.

"OMG, the offer. From Interpol."

I hear a honk. I press on the break hard. Coming out of my day dream, I realize that I almost ran a red light with a car in front of me. The car passes by, looking pissed off. I continue to drive, hoping no cops saw me.

I arrive home, dropping myself and things onto the couch. Walking to my bathroom, I turned on my shower, I began take off my clothes, actually Hotch's clothes. I forgot he let me wear them for the night. I rush to the laundry room, grabbing my wet clothes from yesterday. Before tossing them into the wash, I take a sniff of his clothes. Still smells like him. I toss our clothes in, putting detergent and pressing a couple buttons to start the wash. I run back and I hop into the shower.

"What am I going to do about the offer? I love my team but it's the best program in the world. F***, what about Hotch? Less than 24 hours ago, I said yes to being his girlfriend. I don't want to abandon him. You know what I'm avoiding him today."

After 15-20 min, I get out of the shower and I get dressed. I walk to the laundry room and I put Hotch's clothes into the dryer. I dash to the kitchen, super hungry.

"I need to go grocery shopping. There's nothing in here."

I sit down and go through a couple files. I pack new clothes and stocking up on essentials in my go bag, as I wait for our clothes to dry. As I hear the ding, I walk to the laundry room, glancing at the time. It's 8:30am.

"Sh**, I need to hurry up. If I'm not there by 9:30, I'll be late. And I need something to eat."

I quickly fold his clothes, leaving mine in the dryer. I stuff them into a separate bag and I dash out of the house, grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys.

I make a quick stop to the coffee shop, getting a croissant and a coffee. Making it back into my car, I glance at the time, it's 9:05. I drive off to the BAU, which is close by.

I walk through the doors, noticing everyone is a little busy. Morgan and Garcia are chatting/flirting. Boy Genius is reading his second book of the day. Rossi and JJ discussing evidence about a previous case. And Hotch staring at me through his door. He turns away quickly but I notice him.

I walk over to my desk, seeing a pile full of paperwork. I drop my bag and I start. After 30 min, I hear a booming voice.

"Prentiss, can I see you in my office?"

I grab the bag with his clothes and I walk over Hotch's office and I knock.

"Come in and close the door," he says.

"He better not do what I think he's going to do."

"I washed and dried the clothes you gave me last night. Thank you for yesterday, it was very eventful," I say, holding the bag up.

He grabs it and puts it down. He walks over to me. "No, thank you."

"Well I should go, I have a big pile of paperwork to do," I grin, turning around and walking towards the door.

I feel a hand grab my arm.

"What's wrong Em, I feel like you're avoiding me?" he complains.

Trying to hide the real reason (my decision about Interpol), I say, "I'm only doing that so no one suspects about us." I lean in to kiss him and he does the same.

I walk out of the office and I see Morgan and Reid starting on their paper work.

After a couple hours, I head towards the bathroom. I've been drinking so much coffee and water, I haven't had the time to go.

Coming out of the bathroom, I bump into someone, causing me to slip a little bit. They catch me and I look up. It's Hotch.

"What are you doing here? Were you waiting for me?" I ask, smoothing out my clothes.

"I was, I missed you," he grins, leaning in to kiss me.

"Aaron we can't do that. Someone might see us," I say, pushing him back.

Upset, he says, "No one's here. We can kiss if no one's around."

"Okay, fine," I agreed. "But you have to promise me, you have to be careful if you're going to be touchy. You're grabbing my ass right now."

"Sorry, I promise, you just look really good in those pants" he smiled, taking his hand off.

We both head back to our spots, every time I walk out of the room, he would follow me and sneak in a couple kisses.

Little did we know, that Penelope Garcia and Jennifer Jareau would come across us through security cameras.

"JJ, LOOK!" Garcia exclaims.

JJ turns and looks shocked, "Wait that's right outside your door."

They both rush to the door and opening it slightly, seeing Hotch and I giving each other kisses and making small talk. They shut the door.

"Did you hear that?" I say, concerned.

"No, but we should get back." he said.

We hold hands before separating them when walking through the doors of the BAU.

"No way! THEY'RE TOGETHER! HOTCH AND PRENTISS. They look good together. Their babies will look flawless," Garcia says, excited, bouncing up and down in her chair.

JJ rolls her eyes and holds down Garcia, moving her to face her. "Pen, we can't say anything yet. I don't think they wanted anyone to know. Remember we were just scrolling through the security cameras?"

"Okay fine..." Garcia sighs. "How long do you think they've been together?"

"Maybe recently, we've never seen them together until now. Haven't you noticed that Hotch has been avoiding her and now they're together? Don't you think that suspicious?" JJ says, looking over to Garcia. "Are you crying?"

Garcia wipes her tears. "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. I'm so happy for them. It never occurred to me that our Emily could find someone. Boss Man must make her really happy." She continues to sob.

As she collects herself, they both go back to work. Penelope decides to get another cup of coffee. As she walks through the doors, she spots me near the coffee.

"Hey PG, how's your day?" I say, pouring coffee into my cup and hers.

She smiles, "It's been pretty good. How have you been? Anyone new in your life? Are you dating anyone?"

I look up and she's still smiling. "What do you mean? I'm not dating anyone."

Garcia begins to tear up. "Emily Prentiss, I can't believe you would lie to me. I thought we were best friends," she whispers. "I saw you and Hotch kissing each other."

My eyes begin to grow. "How? We were being cautious. Who else knows?" I raise my voice quietly.

"Me and JJ were scrolling through the security cameras and um- we came across you both. I'm sorry," she whimpered.

I felt bad for raising my voice at her. "I'm sorry Pen. To make it up, I'll tell you and JJ everything later. Girls night soon?" She nods happily and I give her a hug. "Will JJ say anything?"

"She told me to not say anything. But I couldn't help myself. I'm so happy for you. And I hope he makes you happy," she says.

JJ enters and walks over to us. "What are we ladies talking about?"

Garcia closes her eyes and says, "I told her JJ." JJ raises her eyebrows. "And before you say anything, I know it was wrong but I couldn't wait."

JJ puts her arms out and gives me a hug. "We're
happy for you." Penelope joins in on the hug. So when is everyone going to know?" JJ says.

"Actually... give me one second, stay here you two, " I say, walking away from them.

I walk up to Hotch's office and I open his door. He begins to talk but I stop him.

"Don't say anything, let me talk. JJ and Penelope already know about us. They saw us and now I have the urge to tell everyone. We shouldn't keep any secrets from them. They're our family." I explained, putting out my hand for him to grab.

He stands up and grabs it. I open the door and we see JJ and Penelope by the coffee. And Morgan, Reid, and Rossi are near the desks.

"So..." I start looking at Hotch. "If you guys haven't figured out already. Hotch and I are together."

A silence occurs. Someone starts talking.

"Told you Rossi, something was happening between them. They kept sneaking off at the same time," Morgan states. "Pay up."

"Aw, really? You guys put money on us?" I laugh.

They nod. The guys look over to the girls, who are smiling. "Girls, you already knew about this and didn't bother to tell us? Babygirl?" Morgan asks.

"Sorry Chocolate Thunder, JJ told me not to say anything yet. But I had to ask Emily," she says, walking over to him. He puts his arm over her shoulder.

Rossi walks up the stairs, "We're happy for you both!" He kisses both of them on both cheeks.

Hotch is looking at someone near the door. I look over and I see Chief Strauss.

"Sh**."

"Agent Hotchner and Agent Prentiss. May I see you in my office?" she says, before walking out.

Everyone looks at us worried. Are we about to get in trouble? Or fired?

Hotch and I walk to her office, wondering what she's about to say. We enter and we see her sitting down.

"Come in and please sit," she says, gesturing towards the two empty seats in front of her desk.

She begins to talk, "So looks like you two are in a relationship. Congratulations. I hope you know when it comes to work, it will be strictly professional. Understand?"

We both nod and she continues. "I'm not making you sign anything but I hope you both follow these rules."

"Thank you Chief Strauss, we will," Hotch says, as glancing at each other, then we stand up.

"I actually need to talk to Agent Prentiss for a moment," Strauss states.

"Go ahead, I won't be long," I told him. He squeezes my hand and walks out, closing the door. I take a seat, knowing what she's going to say. Strauss begins to talk again.

"I wanted to talk about your offer. I assume Agent Hotchner told you about it." I nod. "It's a great offer. Have you made a decision?"

I hesitate before speaking, "Yes, I have."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Author's Note:
I made this chapter long because I won't be publishing a part until Thursday or this weekend. What do you guys think, what's Emily's decision? You'll have to wait :)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

126K 2.3K 29
Hotch x Reader You joined the BAU at a fairly young age, little did you know it would not only become your life but your family. When Jason left you...
158K 3K 39
On her 29th birthday, Eliza Carlisle meets one SSA Aaron Hotchner. The catch? Eliza happens to be Emily Prentiss' beautiful, rich, learned younger si...
336K 6.8K 21
Y/N begins to work at the BAU and is instantly interested in Aaron Hotchner. After several years and many crazy events, they try to work out their tr...
1.4K 53 11
❝ 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 ❞ After another argument, Emily and Aaron decided to break...