In Paris 1723

By FullyUnknown

"It's basically just a nice way to say that she can control minds-" "You're telling me this now! She hates me... More

Note
Part Zero
[0.2]
[0.3]
[0.4]
[0.5]
[0.6]
Part One
Twilight Cast
[1.1]
[1.2]
[1.3]
[1.4]
[1.5]
[1.6]
[1.7]
[1.8]
[1.9]
[1.10]
[1.11]
[1.12]
[1.13]
[1.14]
[1.15]
[1.16]
[1.17]
[1.18]
[1.19]
[1.20]
[1.21]
[1.22]
[1.23]
[1.24]
[1.25]
[1.26]
Part Two
Twilight: New Moon Cast
[2.1]
[2.2]
[2.3]
[2.4]
[2.5]
[2.6]
[2.7]
[2.8]
[2.9]
[2.10]
[2.11]
[2.12]
[2.13]
Part 3
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Part 4
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Part 5
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five

[0.1]

11.1K 146 2
By FullyUnknown

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐏𝐫𝐞-𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐙𝐞𝐫𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

______________________

*Genevieve*

It was nearing sunset in Paris, France. The sky was illuminated with vibrant yellows and oranges that gave the city a warm glow. The city residents happily showed off their wealth. Pearls and other fine jewels hung from the necks of beautiful, young women. Carriages carried the ultra-rich, the sound of their footmen racing about yelling filling the already noisy streets, while they laughed happily and talked loudly about the latest gossip.

In 1723 there wasn't much to gossip about, the biggest news that was being talked about was the new king. 

For me, I was still happily celebrating my 21st birthday with my good friend, Eléonore, who was happily walking alongside me as we strolled through the streets of Paris. Our cheerful voices echoed off the tall buildings, while our glittering jewels hung around our necks, showing off to the rest of the town where we both sat on the ever-important social ladder.

"J'ai entendu dire par un petit oiseau que tu vas à la fête demain. Est-ce vrai?" Eléonore asked, her icy blue eyes looking over my face. [I heard from a little bird that you are going to the party tomorrow. Is it true?]

I let out a little sigh as I thought about the party, knowing that Mother was already planning which other noble families we would talk to when we arrived.

"Oui... oh s'il vous plaît dites-moi que vous y allez aussi!" I said, giving her a pleading look. [Yes...oh please tell me that you're going as well!]

She gave me a smile and happily nodded her head, her eyes shimmering with excitement. "Oui!"
[Yes!]

We both let out a sigh of relief knowing that we had at least one person, who we liked that was attending the party. 

We both knew why we were going to the party. Our parents had been attempting to arrange arranged marriages for the two of us between the other noble houses of France. We were supposed to arrive and charm our way into a marriage. That was how it was done in the past, and that is how it will continue to be done for the foreseeable future.

______________________

As I finished getting dressed, I sat down on the end of my bed and quickly slipped on my shoes before standing back up and walking around my room, my heels tapping on the wooden floors, as I made my way toward my dresser.

I paused, standing in front of my dresser and opening my jewelry box, looking down at it for a second before running my hand carefully over the multitude of glittering necklaces, bracelets, and earrings that had been so carefully placed inside. 

With some mindless care, I picked up one of my most elegant and expensive necklaces and placed it on my neck, clasping it closed. The cold metal made me shiver slightly as it fell against my skin.

I took a second, staring at myself in the mirror before continuing to get ready, adding a few rings to my long thin fingers, which I inherited from my mother.

She had always been a beautiful woman, born into a rich and well-known noble family in England before her parents moved to Paris. Soon after, she met my father, and the two married, originally it had been not out of love, but rather a mutual agreement that it would help to cement a strong and rich connection between the two families. It was a few years after they had married that they actually fell in love.

My older brother, Sébastien, was born first, much to the delight of both families, they had gotten their male heir, the male that would carry on the Foix name. After only a few weeks of life, however, he died suddenly. No one really knows what happened, some say it was a curse that was put on our family, while others have dismissed it and just believe he wasn't as strong as he needed to be. It tore my mother apart, driving to her leave Paris for a few months to try and grieve the loss of her child without having to hear the nasty gossip. Eventually, though, she came back and had me.

When I was born it was another welcomed surprise, a few had hoped that I would have been a boy, but my mother was just happy to have another child in her life. I was the apple of her eye, always dressed up in the finest clothes, my beautiful dark brown hair always perfectly styled, not a strand out of place. As I grew up, I had only gotten more beautiful, taking after my mother in looks and my father in height, standing only a few inches shorter than him.

As I got older, I was quickly thrown into the world of nobility, rising in the ranks of popularity, much to my mother's joy. My name brought whispers through the crowds of any party I attended, which was quite a few, all at my mother's insistence. I had never been a big party person, not seeing the point in dressing up, and forcing smiles and polite chatter, only to have people talk about you behind your back the next day.

The world of nobility, while filled with glittering jewels and pretty parties, was just a game of survival. One where you used anyone and everyone that you could to propel yourself to the top.

______________________

I don't remember leaving my house, but somehow I had ended up in front of the Beauchamp Manor. The sound of laughing and lively chatter echoed from the open doors, while the sounds of carriage wheels stopping and starting reverberated from behind me.

"Geneviève!" someone squealed behind me, I blinked a few times before turning around, plastering on a beaming smile.

Eléonore quickly walked up to me, her own jewels glittering on her body. She quickly gave me a hug, kissing my cheeks before smiling at me. "Comment avez-vous été? Vous avez l'air absolument magnifique!" [How have you been? You look absolutely gorgeous!]

I smiled and quickly kissed her cheeks in greeting, "J'ai été bien, merci. Tu es magnifique aussi. Prêt à entrer?" [I've been good, thank you. You look gorgeous as well. Ready to go in?]

She nodded her head and we both began the walk toward the large wooden doors. Walking in, we both immediately sucked in a breath at the sight of men and women all standing around the manor, talking and drinking.

I quickly walked with Eléonore through the crowds, hoping to make it to the back of the room before someone noticed me, and I was inevitably dragged into a conversation that would never end. Sadly, my hope was misplaced, not only being noticed before I could hide out in the back of the room but also having my name called out from across the room. Which caused the rest of the party-goers to pause and turn their attention to me. 

I quickly muttered a curse under my breath, standing straight up and plastering on my blinding smile once more, looking around for whoever called my name. 

Out of the crowds, a tall, hefty man came through, dragging his son with him as he walked over to me. I immediately noticed that it was Etienne Laval, one of the most influential and powerful men at the time. His son, Emeric, was set to take over from him, which would immediately make him even more sought after than he was now.

I was promptly pulled into a hug, Etienne pulling away and placing a kiss on each cheek. I smiled up at him and quickly began to chatter away, watching as he was easily entranced by my words, nodding along and adding his own thoughts every once in a while.

"Geneviève, avez-vous déjà rencontré mon fils Emeric? Il a à peu près votre âge," he asked, motioning towards his son, who looked like he would rather be anywhere but here. Something that I understood entirely. [Geneviève, have you ever met my son Emeric? He's about your age,]

I shook my head and quickly introduced myself to him, fully aware of the exciting look that found its way onto Etienne's face. I spoke to Emeric for a few more minutes, much to the delight of Etienne, who ushered us towards a more private part of the manor. Emeic and I both ignored the whispers that followed us as we walked through the crowds together.

As we walked into one of the more secluded rooms, we both fell silent, deciding against speaking for the most part. I turned around and looked at the paintings that decorated the walls, which only showed off the affluence and rich history that the manor had.

"Vous êtes assez intelligent. Charmant et incitant tous ces gens à croire ce que vous voulez." Emeric said. I froze, turning around and looking at him. [You're quite smart. Charming and tricking all these people into believing what you want.]

"Pardon?" I say, chuckling as I watch him, a smirk appearing on his face as he steps closer to me. [Excuse me?]

Stopping only when he is right in front of me, "vous pensez que je ne vous ai pas remarqué? Geneviève Foix, la femme pour laquelle les hommes se disputent. Toujours au centre de l'attention à chaque fête à laquelle vous assistez. C'est plutôt intelligent, l'utiliser à votre avantage." [you think that I haven't noticed you? Geneviève Foix, the woman that men fight over. Always the center of attention at every single party you attend. It's rather smart, using it for your advantage.]

I scoff as I look up at him, my own smirk taking over my face. "Eh bien, je suis sûr que vous aussi. Avec le nombre de femmes qui se pâment sur vous chaque fois qu'elles en ont l'occasion. Je veux dire, avec la notoriété que vous avez acquise au fil du temps, alors que votre père est devenu plus riche et plus riche. Vous devez aimer la popularité. Les filles qui feraient n'importe quoi pour être la prochaine madame Emeric Laval." [Well, I'm sure you do too. With the number of women swooning over you whenever they get the chance. I mean, with the notoriety you've gained over time, as your father got richer and richer. You must love the popularity. The girls who would do anything to be the next Mrs. Emeric Laval.]

By the time I finished talking, our lips were nearly touching. It would've only one of us to lean forward to close the gap. I can see the lust flare up in his blue eyes, his smirk ever present on his face. He slowly raises his hand, gently tucking a piece of stray hair behind my ear. Both of us were silent, unwilling to break for the other.

"Jusqu'à la prochaine fois, Geneviève," he whispers, his lips barely brushing mine as he spoke. He quickly scans my face once more before spinning on his heel and exiting the room. [Until next time, Geneviève,]

______________________

I wish that I could say that I had only spoken to Emeric Laval once, but I would be lying if I did. 

We continued to meet at the high society parties that never seemed to end, our flirtatious banter seemingly getting more and more provocative as time went on- much to the satisfaction of our respective families, who were excited to see a potential marriage in the future, a union of two of the richest families in Paris.

By the end of that month, we were engaged.

_______

sorry if the translations are incorrect, i used google. let me know if they are and i'll change them.

don't forget to comment and vote!
-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 6.6K 27
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have gotten inside him, or into the air all around him. She had be...
1.3M 34.5K 56
[COMPLETED] โคท แดแด€แด…แด‡สŸสษด ๊œฑแดกแด€ษด & ษดแด€แด›สœแด€ษดษชแด‡สŸ แด„แดœสŸสŸแด‡ษด I don't own the Twilight Saga, only my OCs and their plot. I also don't own any media I use in the stor...
610K 20.3K 80
โ›fight so dirty, but you love so sweet, talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth!โœ โ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ”โ”โ” ๐•ฝebekah ๐•ฎullen, the youngest of the Cu...
2.6K 71 11
Xephra was a unique girl. She was a balance of childish and responsible. This is about her life as Charlie Swan's daughter and how she lived before a...