Beyond The Pale

By helenaxsofie

We're always drawn to something we can't have. I just happen to be drawn to a criminal, a man who is beyond... More

Beyond The Pale: Disclaimer
1. Beyond the pale
2. Curiosty Killed The Cat
3. Regretting it
5. Blood and Bodies
6. Code of Silence
7. Sanity lost
8. Conflict
9. Can't run now
10. Trusting him
11. Foolish
12. His Skeletons
13. His Boyfriend
14. Happiness
15. Drinks
16. A Trip for two
17. Virgin of love
18. His other side
19. Worries
20. Bipolar
21. Rafael
22. Mobster Party
23. Tyrant
24. Surprise
25. Let it go
26. Pillow talk
27. Dinner with parents
28. Male strippers
29. Twisted
30. Mistake
31. Abusive Don
32. Tiger
33. Mishappenings
34. Morning Shower
35. Watched
36. Dont stay away
37. Is This Where We End (Part One)
38. Is This Where We End? (Part two)
39. Not So Hidden

4. Haunted

252K 7.7K 2K
By helenaxsofie

Song above or on the side, is what I listened to during this chapter (: enjoy.

*******************************************

I woke up with a jolt, sitting up on my bed. My eyes searching around the darkroom. My face was flushed and the room felt a million degrees.

Rafael.

Was it a dream? I put my hand over my chest feeling my heartbeat a million times an hour.

God, was he really here. I looked over to my side, no one was there. And my alarm clock read 1 AM.

No Rafael.

The only sign that I had of him being here last night was my ripped underwear.

I flushed at the memory and even more at my dream.

Rafael completely naked in between my legs, sweat running down his forehead while he claimed our highs.

I was throbbing for him.

Get a grip, Christina. The man left as soon as you were unconscious.

Maybe something happened and he had to leave. Maybe he didn't want to wake me up because he was a gentleman.

Maybe he went to kill someone.

No, I'm sure there is an explanation. I leaned back on to my pillows, counting Rafaels.

I shook my head. I mean, counting sheep.

Hell, counting sheep never worked.

**

Realizing it's a Monday morning, usually makes it harder to roll yourself out of bed. But I was the type to wake up before my alarm, my sister hated my type. The health freak type.

Maybe she hated the fact that I had a different routine for each day of the week, she hated that I was so organized, that I was a neat freak.

Okay maybe I had a bit of an OCD problem, I couldn't help it.

I took a good 10-minute shower, trying hard to get the smell of Rafael off of me. It wasn't because he smelt bad, God, don't get me wrong- the man smelt amazing, so manly and exotic, like expensive foreign cologne. I could smell him still, and even worse; I could feel him. His warm, strong hands washing me.

Rafael.

I gasped, I was acting like a hørny, teenaged girl. I quickly got out of the shower, putting on black sweats, a white crop top, and a black hoodie on top.

I ate my wholegrain toast with scrambled eggs, avocado, and cooked tomato. With my green tea; my Monday's breakfast.

Before I could leave my apartment I noticed my broken window that led to the fire escape.

Rafael.

God, that man.

I rang the building's service line to inform them about the incident, but they claimed someone was already taking care of it.

Now I remember Rafael saying it would be fixed.

This isn't normal, you should be pressing charges against him.

Why? He gave me head and now he's getting my window fixed.

I grabbed my packed, duffle bag, and headed out of my apartment to work.

I wonder if Rafael frequently broke into girls' homes. I wonder how many of them got the same treatment as I did.

Amber would go nuts if I told her what happened, I cringed at how shit she would make me feel, about letting someone like him, do something like that, to me.

She wasn't going to find out. It was innocent.

Far from innocent.

I shook out my thoughts, once I made it through the doors of my work.

Not many people can say they found their dream job, but I can. I worked at a gym/dance studio as a dance teacher and personal trainer. My mother had me in ballet and Jazz classes since I started walking, one thing I'm happy she did.

"Hey, babe." Jade, my co-worker walked over to me, as bubbly as ever. Her skin was a dark chocolate color and I envied her hair, beautiful, dark, and curly. Did I mention her amazing blue eyes? It was rare to see a girl with a gorgeous combination of looks.

"Hey, Jade." I gave her a tight smile as I walked towards the studio rooms, if it was one thing Jade was good at, it was getting gossip out of people. I knew for sure she'd get something out of me.

"Some guy's still in studio B after the martial arts class, I suggest you kick him out." She caught up to me, walking awfully close, with a big smile on her face. my eyes studied her, quizzingly. "How did Leo like the Bōjutsu class?" She asked.

I stopped dead in my tracks, making myself crash into Jades' chest. "Bōjutsu?"

"I thought you knew." She frowned at me. I didn't exactly tell her that he dumped me. No one at work had to know my business. And no, I didn't know Leo had joined a martial arts class, at my gym. Why would I know? oh, now I was catching on. He's probably the guy Jade wants me to kick out.

"I do." I shook my head, lying, and continued to walk to my studio room. Loud rock-like music was playing from the room, and a man skillfully spinning a bō staff around his naked back, shoulders, and neck. He moved so quickly and gracefully.

Rafael.

"God, he's sexy. Isn't he?" Jade nudged my shoulder, making me quickly shut my mouth, that was hanging open. Rafael was solely focused at the mirror in front of him, his dark eyebrows furrowed together while he spun, stroked, and whipped the air. He looked even more intimidating.

The man could kill, without a gun.

He stopped into a strong stance, the muscles in his shoulders that were covered in sweat, heaved up and down. My eyes found their way to the tattoo that covered down half of his back. I could only capture an image of a tiger before he spun around to look at me and Jade, drooling.

His eyes looked lost and pained before he covered it with a smirk towards us. "Ladies." He greeted. "It's rude to drool."

"Sorry." Jade blushed, backing away from the doorway. The fact that Rafael had an effect on the most chatty and confident girl I knew, astonished me.

I stood still, watching his muscles ripple while he stalked towards me, his eyes stared right at me with unspoken anger. "Dios, Is your new hobby to stalk me, Christina?" I released a breath of air that I didn't know I was holding once he bent down to his bag to grab a towel and put the bō staff down.

"No." I defended, feeling insulted. He dried the sweat off of his neck and face but my eyes kept drifting down to his torso and v line. Another tattoo was peaking beneath his shorts.

To his-

"Then why are you here?" His voice broke me out of my thoughts, when i looked up to his face he was smirking again. Shit, he caught me staring.

Embarrass yourself, even more, Christina.

I cleared my throat, looking away. "I work here, actually."

"And here I thought you wanted more of me." A beautiful smile broke on his face, and it wasn't near a smirk.

"Don't flatter yourself," I muttered, walking over to the table that had the stereo system on it, and turned the still blasting music off. "Do you always sneak out, once girls are unconscious?" I blurted, acting busy by putting my duffle bag on the table.

"No actually, they're always conscious." He laughed, standing next to me and leaning on the table. "Why, did you miss me?"

'They're' as in there's been a lot of concious ones? Jesus, how much did he get around.

Look at the guy, he screams sęx.

"No, I didn't miss you." I scoffed. Why did it feel extremely hot in here? I turned away from his gaze, unzipping my jacket. I hated feeling concious of his eyes.

"Bella, we could repeat last night if you want?" His voice tickled my shoulder, last night? I flushed. But soon gasped, when he grabbed my hips, pulling my back, flush against his chest. I was considerably shorter than him, I'd only just be able to peak over his shoulder if I was turned around. "I could skip the foreplay, bend you over this table, and slide into you." He whispered, grinding himself into my lower back.

"No, thank you." I squeaked, pushing away from him, so he wasn't touching me. I had to, for my own sake. Even smelling him, made me aroused. "You're really talented with a bō staff."

Perfect, change the subject.

"Gracias, I've been doing martial arts since I was 8." He coughed, walking back to his bag to put a shirt on. It's like he felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. But it was hard for me to imagine an 8-year-old Rafael doing karate as a kid. "So, what are you? a receptionist?" He chuckled.

Could he be any more insulting?

"No, I'm a dance teacher and personal trainer." I muttered, annoyed, taking my iPod out. "Mi amor." I mocked him, under my breath.

"Por supuesto, that explains why you have such a sexy body." He murmured, standing next to me again with his duffle bag on his shoulder. Sexy body? Jesus, he really knows how to make my face red. "I'm rubbing off on you, aren't I? Mi amor."

He has the hearing of a goddamn Owl.

"Shouldn't you be somewhere? I don't know, threatening girls, hanging around murder scenes?"

Okay, I regretted all of that, as soon as it came out of my mouth. I didn't dare look at him, but I could sure sense him stiffen.

"Watch that tongue of yours." Rafael grunted, "Someone might want to cut it off one day." and with that, Rafael's presence was gone. I guess threatening me was his way of answering my question.

I must have hit his fuse.

Stop letting him haunt you.

I'll try to. I plugged my iPod in, letting Kelly Clarkson's Because of you, play through the speakers.

I did the same contemporary dance to this song every Monday morning, call me crazy but when i was 17 I was supposed to perform this exact dance at a showcase competition. I began to release my energy in my dance moves. I moved around the room with grace, my movements were strong, straight, and confident. But soon my sense of mind, made my rhythm disheartened.

That exact moment in the song, was where my dream was shattered with a shoulder injury. I collapsed myself on the floor, my arms keeping myself up as my breathing became uneven.

I hated that I couldn't dance the way I wanted to, for too long, or my shoulder would hurt or be injured again. That's why I became a dance teacher.

But no one could understand the hurt, the hurt of being a finalist but injuring yourself before you could even try to win. To make your parents proud.

There's nothing you can do.

Exactly, that was the harsh truth.

"Are you okay?" A strong arm lifted me up, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up at those same dark eyes, concern written all over him.

Rafael.

He never left.

I stumbled, making Rafael, grip and tighten both arms around me.

"I'm fine." I shook my head, grabbing his forearms so he would stop holding me so close.

"That was an amazing dance." He murmured, letting me walk away from him so I could turn off the music that was beginning to irritate me.

"You were watching me the whole time?" I scoffed, what a rude invasion of privacy.

"Only fair, since you watched me." He shrugged, giving me a toothy grin. "Is there a meaning to the dance? It's pretty depressing."

"There is, a meaning." I said flatly, drinking out of my water bottle. I ignored his 'depressing' comment.

"Lo Siento, I'm not used to treading around a woman's feelings." Rafael mumbled, his gaze was burning into the back of my head.

Did he just apologize to me in Spanish? god he has to stop using his damn language against me, it made me weak.

"Don't worry about it," I muttered, checking my phone's time. I had a class in 40 minutes.

His phone started to ring, and I'm pretty sure he started to swear under his breath before he answered it. I turned around to look at him, Rafael went into full speed talking in his language. "Sí. yo sé, yo no debería ser , me disculpo."

Oh my, he made any words look extremely attractive, the way his lips made the perfect Spanish sounds. 

Rafael hung up the phone and met my eyes. "What time do you finish work?"

"I don't know, my last class finishes at 5. Why?" I crossed my arms over my chest while my eyebrows furrowed together, why did he need to know.

"I'll be here at 4:45 and I'll take you home." He roughly said before turning out the door.

But I- hey he didn't let me reply!

Rafael.

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to vote and comment (:

Let me know what you think so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 8.4K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
5.5K 152 14
❝Get away from me Enzo .❞ I said with pure annoyance from this man. I stumbled outside in the rain to get myself away from him, but then suddenly he...
136K 4.5K 31
[ COMPLETED] Excerpt: Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, ev...
1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...