The Team

By RiverdaleGilmores

Sequel to The Daughter 2 Its been 2 years since Willa had gained the power of fire and was placed into SHIELD... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Next Book is up Now!!!

Chapter 6

1.8K 54 19
By RiverdaleGilmores

Willa was in the storage unit trying to regain some control over herself. She was determined to show CaptainAmerica why she was here. Though it was no use. She was to unstable.

Back in the lab both Tony and Bruce were examining the scepter and looking for the tesseract.

"You know Tony, your daughter had a great gift. It has Four Evolution States. One being well getting all of the powers, Two being in full control, the other two I dont know what Evolutionary effects they are, but I cant wait to find out." Bruce says.

"You really think she can get all of whatever it is and control it all. Then have other parts to come. You think she is up for the task?" Tony asks.

"She's your daughter. You should be the one who truly believes in her. Im just a guy with a different set of change. She might just be one of the greatest heroes the world will ever see. You should be proud. You managed to raise a sweet girl all on your own. She doesnt want to hurt anyone with her newly found power and your to thank." Bruce says.

Tony slightly smiled at Banner. He should be proud of his daughter and all she can accomplish someday. Though now Tony realized that it wasnt him who raised Willa to be so kind and generous. If he was being honest with himself he barely even knew her.

Wanting to changed the subject Tony started talking about how they might be there longer then expected.

"You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it. Its Candy Land." Tony says grabbing a pen type thing.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York, I kind of broke Harlem." Bruce says.

"Well, I promise a stress-free environment. No tensions, no surprises." Tony says and zapped Bruce with the pen.

"Ow." Bruce says and faces him.

"Hey!" Steve says entering the lab.

"Nothing?" Tony questions as he looked at the nonHulk.

"Are you nuts?" Steve questions.

"Jury's out. You really have got a lid on it, havent you? Whats your secret? Mellow Jazz, Bongo Drums, Huge bag of Weed?" Tony questions.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asks.

"Funny things are." Tony says.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isnt funny. No offense, Doc." Steve says.

"Its all right, I wouldnt have come aboard if I couldnt handle pointy things." Bruce says.

"You're tip-toeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony says.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr.Stark and Im not talking about your uncontrollable daughter." Steve says.

"Do you think Im not? And will you please leave Willa out of this? I dont know what your problem is, but Willa wouldnt hurt anyone else given a reason." Tony says.

"Not intentionally, but people could still get hurt. Now why dont you focus on this and find tesseract." Steve says.

"Okay... Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isnt he telling us? I cant do the equation unless I have all the variables." Tony says.

"You think Fury is hiding something?" Steve asks.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. Its bugging him, too. Isnt it?" Tony questions looking over at Bruce.

"Uhh.. I just want to finish my work here, and..." Bruce says.

"Doctor?" Steve questions.

"A warm light for all mankind. Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce says.

"I heard it." Steve says.

"I think that was meant for you." Bruce says pointing at Tony.

"Even if Barton didnt tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news." Bruce says.

"The Stark Tower? That big, ugly... Building in New York?" Steve questions.

"Its powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what a year?" Bruce questions.

"Its just a prototype. Im kind of the only name in clean energy right now. Thats what he's getting at." Tony says to Steve.

"So why didnt SHIELD bring him in on the tesseract project? Why are they doing in the energy business in the first place? Why did they as you pointed out... Why did Fury bring in an unstable 18 year old with powers around the cube?" Bruce asks.

"Those are good questions. I should probably look into that once my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." To y says walking over to a different computer.

"Im sorry. Did you say..." Steve says.

"JARVIS has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours, I'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide. Including why they put my daughter with the tesseract in the first place." Tony says.

"Yet you're confused about why they didnt want you around." Steve says.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not awesome." Tony says.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if we dont stay focused, he'll succeed. We have orders. We should follow them." Steve says.

"You know if Loki is trying to wind us up then he is doing a good job with you and Willa. Though following isnt really my style." Tony says.

"And you're all about style." Steve says.

"Of the people in this room, which one is, A, wearing a spangly outfit, and, B, not of use?" Tony questions.

"Steve, tell me none if this smells alittle funky to you." Bruce says.

"Just find the cube." Steve says and walked out.

After leaving the lab Steve thought about what Tony and Bruce have said. So maybe they were right and he was gonna find it the old fashioned way.

"Thats the guy my dad never shut up about? Im wondering if they shouldnt have kept him on ice." Tony says.

"The guy's not wrong about Loki. He does have the jump on us." Bruce says.

"What he's got is an Acme dynamite kit. Its gonna blow up in his face. And Im going to be there when it does." Tony says.

"Yeah. I'll read all about it." Bruce says.

"Uh-huh. Or you'll be suiting up with the rest of us." Tony says.

"You see, I dont get a suit of armor. Im exposed. Like a nerve. Its a nightmare." Bruce says.

Tony then started to explain to Bruce about how he learned how to control his arc reactor to keep him alive. Letting Bruce also know that the Hulk most likely saved him for whats to come next.

Steve had found his way into the storage unite. The very one that Willa was in.

"This is off limits." Willa says causing Steve to jump.

"You shouldnt be down here Captain." Willa says.

"And you should?" Steve questions.

"No, but thats none of your concern. Why are you down here?" Willa asks.

"Why are you?" Steve questions looking down at her hands.

"I asked you first." Willa says.

She then purposefully making a small light flicking from her hands. Watching Steve's face grow with concern.

"Relax thats I wont hurt you. Thats about all the real control I truly have." Willa says stopping the small light.

"You think your the only one aboard that doesnt trust me. You are the second person here who has the least trust in me." Willa says.

"And who would be the first?" Steve questions watching her every move.

"Me." Willa says.

"You?" Steve questions walking closer to her.

"You think its easy not being in control? Knowing there is more to come. Knowing your power has big evolution once you can control it. Its alot to take in. I too dont trust myself." Willa says.

She held out her hands to him slowly and just a small flame appeared and then vanished and Willa got frustrated.

"You see." Willa says.

Steve looked at her hands as if he wanted to touch them.

"Go ahead. You can feel my hands." Willa says.

Steve took one of her hands in one of his. Then slowly running his other hand over her palm of her hand.

"It feels.. I.." Steve says.

"Normal.. To you anyway. After I use my fire. I just feel heat. I feel like Im burning you, but Im not.. Im not am I?" Willa asks looking up at him in fear.

"No." Steve says looking into her eyes.

"Your not burning me." Steve says not daring to break their eye contact.

"You know you asked why I was here if I had no control. Believe me that is one of the reasons why I didnt want to be here." Willa says.

"Yet you are." Steve says.

"Yeah I am. Not because I want to play hero and prove to everyone that I can be useful even with barely any control, but.." Willa says looking away from him.

"Hey.. What is it?" Steve asks making her look at him.

"If you had the chance to save a friend from an evil brainwashing and do whatever it took to save them... Would you?" Willa asks studying the Captain's blue eyes.

"Yeah I would." Steve says.

"Thats why Im here. Barton is the first person to treat me like a real person and I want him back." Willa says.

Steve looked at her and knew he had judged her to quickly. He read she was uncontrollable and that frightened him. Then when he saw her here in fear of herself and fear she was gonna hurt him he knew she wasnt bad.

He still hand her hand still in his and he looked down at her hand and then back at her.

"Do you think SHIELD is hiding something? Like about the tesseract or you?" Steve questions slowly taking his hand back.

"Well..." Willa says.

"Come on be honest with me." Steve says.

"Yes I do. Is that why you are down here? Are you looking for information?" Willa asks.

"Yeah... Would you care to help me?" Steve asks.

"You arent worried I'll destroy something?" Willa asks.

"No. I trust you." Steve says.

Willa studied his blue eyes and he was telling the truth. He trusted her and so she would help him find the truth SHIELD was hiding for the team.

A/N: Im kinda in love with this Chapter. What about you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 729 32
Y/N Starks life isn't like your average teenager. Most kids her age are going to high school, going to partys, applying for collage... but Y/N? Y/N...
682K 17.6K 67
BOOK ONE OF THE TONY STARK'S DAUGHTER SERIES (OCxLoki) ~ "I can't remember who I am... who I was! Do you know how that feels!?" I exclaimed with tear...
195K 5.2K 38
I am VERY proud to say that this is the Original Daughter Of The Hulk Fanfic! Yay! And at the time I am writing this, its been a year since I complet...
649 21 26
Three weeks after waking up from the ice, learning that they've lost everyone they once knew. Her powers begin growing stronger, but Steve remains by...