The Trust of A Dragon Rider

By avifauna

BOOK THREE. Lucy's parents are hiding something..Something so dangerous it can end the world of the Drag... More

The Trust of A Dragon Rider
Notice
Cover
Dedication
Chapter 1: You Know You Like Me
Chapter 2: Rocky Slopes
Another cover
Chapter 3: Lucy's Stupid
Chapter 4: Teasing Lucy
Chapter 5: Fight
Chapter 6: Tour the City
Chapter 7: Silent Treatment
Chapter 8: Faye's First Drink
Chapter 9: Christmas Eve
Chapter 10: Ken's Betrayal
Chapter 11: Kept In The Dark
Chapter 13: Nightmares
Chapter 14: No More Sleep
I NEED YOUR OPINION
RESULTS
Chapter 15: This Is Why I Don't Shop With You
Chapter 16: Three Weeks Later
News and updates
Good News!
Chapter 17: Handbook Found
Chapter 18: A Dark Secret Revealed
Chapter 19: Powerful Magic
Chapter 20: Leto's Welcome Home
Chapter 21: History Lesson
Chapter 22: Faye's Armor and Leto's Blessing
New Updates
Chapter 23 PREVIEW
Chapter 23: Wait a Moment..
Chapter 24: Snoopy Lucy
Chapter 25: Explaining
Chapter 26: First Appointment
Chapter 27: Mother-Daughter Bonding
Chapter 28: Faye's Training
Chapter 29: Let Me Explain
Chapter 30: Mom Confesses
Chapter 31: She's Dead..Nevermind
Chapter 32: Another's View
Chapter 33: Discussion
Chapter 34: Someone I Know
Chapter 35: Carly & Terrance
Chapter 36: Quince Listens
HIGHLY IMPORTANT
Chapter 37: Blackout
Chapter 38: Breath
Chapter 39: Return
Exclusive Interview - Arch
Epilogue

Chapter 12: Lucy and Jackson's Plan

2.6K 154 8
By avifauna

Hey guys! I'm happy to be writing this chapter, for some reason. I love writing my stories. ^.^

So I received comments on the last chapter answering my question on whether Faye should tell her parents or not about this war. I got both yes and no, so that leaves me with some sort of decision.

I've decided that Faye will NOT tell her parents yet, but she will later. I have plans for her in these few chapters.

Bryce Dallace Howard as Ronda Foreigner to the side.

NOTE: I do NOT own the picture, nor do I claim I do. That goes to it's rightful owner.

Enjoy!

-------------

"Faye, love," Jackson said quietly, rubbing my back gently. "Come on please talk to me."

"Leave me alone, Jackson," I snap, pulling the blankets over me and closing my eyes. My eyes felt heavy from crying. I was so tired, so depressed, that I couldn't even think correctly.

"Hey." Jackson brushed his fingers across my shoulder. "Faye..I'm sorry, okay? But I honestly think shouldn't tell your parents-"

"And let the Slayers ambush them and leave them shocked and unprotected?" I spat, glaring up at him.

"Faye look at me." Jackson leaned over me, meeting my eyes. "I do not plan on letting your family get hurt, alright? You're not going anywhere and I don't want to hurt you about this."

I bit my lip to keep myself from yelling at him all the things that have been building up inside me for these past two days. Why would my friends, and my husband, decide to keep this a secret? It could really make a difference. One that could save lives.

Jackson had an expression on his face that told me he somehow knew what I was thinking. His fingers wrap firmly, but not harshly, around my shoulder and he slowly turns me to him. I refused to look in his eyes, but instead kept them on my hands.

"Faye," he said sternly, squeezing my shoulder. "Look at me. Now."

When I don't oblige he put two fingers under my chin and forced my head up. I'm staring directly into the chocolate brown eyes I fell deeply in love with.

"Faye," he said again, his fingers brushing my chin. A shudder of pleasure rippled through me, making me momentarily forget why I was even angry with him.

"What?" I manage to whisper up at him. I let out a deep breath and continue to look in his eyes.

"You." He kissed my nose. "Are." He kissed my throat. "So." He kissed my shoulder. "Stubborn."

A tiny, quiet moan escapes my lips every time a kiss is placed on my skin. "Being stubborn is my specialty."

"Oh." His hand slowly slid my shirt down my right shoulder. His eyes glittered as she stares at me.

"Jackson." I shake my head, hair falling in front of my face. "Please."

"Please what?"

"Please stop. We need to talk about the issue at hand."

He sighed and slid the shirt back up on my shoulder. "Alright. At least you're talking to me at all."

"Yeah." I brush the hair away from my face and glance up at him. "Why do you want to keep it a secret, Jackson?"

"I don't want to," he replied, running his hand through his hair. "But, Faye, we don't even know if they'll declare the war."

"They already did," I retort, crossing my arms. "They signed the paper didn't they?"

"Then why was it stuffed away in under so many other things?" Jackson demanded.

"To keep it safe?" I suggested, sighing. "Look Jackson. I saw a deceleration of war against my family. I'm not just going to-"

"Faye." His hands slid down my arms to my hands and he murmured, "I am not going to let the war happen without them being prepared. Lucy and I have a plan, Faye, and we are going to succeed."

"What's the plan?"

He shook his head. "I can't tell you that. If I do, it could dramatically change things."

I felt hurt, angry, betrayed. But the look on Jackson's face..

I sigh. "Fine. But if something goes wrong I want to know immediately."

"Deal." He kissed my forehead.

I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down to me. His lips meet mine and we push up against each other, our emotions pouring into the kiss. He pushed me onto my back gently and hovers over me.

He nuzzled my neck for a moment then pulls away. "What about.."

"It ended yesterday," I reply, knowing he was wondering about my period.

He nods and leans back down, slowly undressing me in the process.

--

Three hours later I lay besides Jackson, running my finger down his bare chest. We're both breathing heavily from our event.

"Hey." Jackson propped himself up on one elbow and traced his finger down my collar bone. "You okay?"

It took me everything to not shudder out of pure pleasure. I took slow breaths to calm my already racing heart. "Yeah..I'm fine."

"You're quiet."

"I don't have anything to say," I replied, laughing gently. "It's nice just laying here with you."

"Mm," he murmured, going silent once more. I let the silence become my time to gather my thoughts together. One part of me, the part that was really stubborn, wanted me to just ignore Jackson and Lucy's pleads and immediately tell my parents about the war. Another part of me had a feeling that if I did, things wouldn't be good.

I mean, either way things won't be good, right? It's not like one choice will do less damage then the other..For some reason, I felt like either way war will happen. I can feel it, just in the pit of my stomach: the dread, guilt, horror. 

If Jackson and Lucy truly did have a plan, I had no choice but to trust them. I would be blind in one path and lost in another, so I don't have any other options. 

An image flashed in my mind of the war: Screams, roars, cries of pain. People falling dead everywhere. Dragons killed. Dragons killing.

A shudder passed through me, and I shook the thought away.

"What's wrong?" Jackson must of felt the shudder, or the expression on my face. Maybe both.

"Jackson," I said quietly, "what if there is war?"

He pulled me closer to him. "I won't let that happen-"

"Jackson think logically for a moment, please," I beg, sitting up and looking down at him, He sighed and turned his face up to look at me.

"Okay, I'm listening," he said, then added, "and thinking."

"Just for a moment imagine if there was a war," I begin, trying to keep my voice from cracking. "We're all in a battlefield. People and dragons alike are dying everywhere. There's pools of blood surrounding us."

Jackson's eyes darkened, letting me know silently that he was watching it. Like I had.

"Jackson this thought.." I stopped for a moment, shaking my head, then continued, "this thought could could turn into reality with the wave of a hand."

"I know you're scared, love." He sat up a little and I crawl closer to him. He cups my cheek. "I can tell. You're so afraid of losing everybody, so scared of fights."

I bit my lip, trying to keep my emotions reeled in. I won't cry now. I have to be strong. "Yes," I admit in a whisper, "I'm terrified."

He leans forward, resting his forehead against mine. The only sounds are our breathing. I pull away a few moments later, getting up. "I'm gonna shower," I murmured to him.

He watched me with a concerned expression as I moved towards the bathroom. "Love."

I glance back at him, my hand resting on the doorknob. "Yeah?"

"I love you," he tells me, meeting my eyes. "You know that..right?"

I nod a little. "Yes, I do."

--

Lucy flopped down onto the couch next to me, handing me the glass of soda. I took it gratefully and sipped it.

"So..You ever plan on telling me your plans?" I asked casually between sips, my finger tapping the glass awkwardly.

"Faye, like Jackson said," Lucy replied quietly, playing with her hair, "you have to trust us..okay?"

"It's not that I don't trust you." I sighed and set the glass down. I fold my hands together and put them in my lap. "I just..I need to know, Lucy."

Lucy was silent, her attention on her hair. I didn't, despite my desire too, push her on the matter. If I was correct, Lucy would tell me because she felt sorry for me and guilty that she's keeping things from me.

That's how it usually works when she's hiding something. I guilt her into telling me what it is, even if it's unfair. At this point, I really didn't feel bad even if I should. I was at my breaking point by this time.

Instead, Lucy handed me my glass. "Drink. You're kind of pale."

I frown and took a drink of the soda, eyeing Lucy. I pulled the glass from my lips and said, "Please Lucy.."

Lucy glanced at me, and I caught the look in her eyes. She was torn between desperation and defiance. To tell or not to tell. She was having her own internal battle.

"I'm sorry," she said finally, in a tired voice, "but I can't tell you, Faye. It's..it's not something you need to know right yet."

I look down at my feet. Not even my best friend would tell me anything anymore.

-----

I'm so sorry for how late this is. Dx I'll try to post again, I promise.

-Grace xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 10.9K 52
BOOK TWO. Faye, Jackson, and the rest of our characters have returned. Time is short, and the threat of attack from Slayers is closing in on them. A...
108K 8.3K 50
Book 3 of 'The Silver Trilogy' "This isn't a fight between good and evil. It's a fight between who's right, and who's wrong." The silver dragon has f...
606K 24.6K 46
*SAMPLE ONLY! FIRST 5 CHAPTERS AVAILABLE!* *This is the third and final book of my supernatural series. It is NOT complete on here, but you CAN find...
101 0 7
The Camdridge Kingdom relies on all dragons riders to protect and serve. Once you are born your parents have a important decision to make. Will you b...