Mileven | Their Story

By 28daylight_chicago

Mike Wheeler A teenage boy with a complicated life. He struggled because of family problems and bullies. He w... More

Mileven | Their Story
Follow me
2 | First Morning together.
3 | Getting to know each other.
4 | Feelings.
5 | Falling.
6 | Stars.

1 | The Storm.

27 2 39
By 28daylight_chicago

Mike's Pov

"Come on guys! Hurry up!" I shouted over the loud noise of the rain as I biked through the bushes and trees.

"Yes, Mike. Relax" Panted Lucas from behind me.

"Yeah sorry, I just have to reach my house by 8:30 and it's already 8:25." I apologized.

"It's ok. Even I have to reach home early or else mom will freak out" Said Will.

"Yeah I understand. It's kay. Come on." Said Lucas as he speeded up.

It was the end of another school day when us three had decided to go to the arcade. We didn't notice how time had flown by. So we were taking a shortcut to reach home which was to bike through Mirkwood.

It was pouring cats and dogs so it was hard to bike fast and I was getting frustrated that my mom was going to go crazy if I was late. I was seriously in no mood for her bullshit.

I suddenly stop in the middle of the woods. Luckily Lucas or Will don't bump into me because I suppose they saw it coming.

The reason I stopped was because there were two girls and one boy just a few inches away from me, they looked like they were of my age. They were soaking wet especially one of the girls right in the middle. She had caught my eye first. She had a buzz cut and was wearing a huge yellow t-shirt. For some reason I couldn't get my eyes of her. She looked really scared and was shivering from the cold. Who is she?

"Umm...Mike. Do you see three people in front of us or is it just me?" Lucas whispered to me. It was hard to believe that someone was here because no one would be out in the woods at this time especially since it was raining like there was no tomorrow. Yes, 8:30 is not late but no one comes to the woods at this time since wild animals are about.

"Even I can see them" Whispered Will to us.

"Of course they are there guys I didn't stop for fun" I whispered back. I didn't mean to sound rude I was just getting late.

"Are you going to say something or just stare at us and whisper like you have never seen other people of your age?" Said the other girl whose hair was Red.

"Ohh...yes..uhmm. w-what are you'll doing here this late?" Stammered Lucas.

"I can ask you the same." Said the red headed girl.

"Uhh..yeah..." Said Lucas sheepishly.

I got of my bike and so did Lucas and Will.

"Um..are you guys lost or Something?" I asked them.

"Uh yes you can say that..." Said the boy. He had brown curly hair and his front teeth were missing.

"Can you just tell us if there is any place we can spend the night?" He asked.

"No there is no place you can stay. I mean there are places but they are all shut. I'm sure" Said Will. Yes, he was right there was no place they could stay the night.

The boy just sighed.

I felt sorry for them. They were soaking wet and all alone they would probably catch a fever in this rain. Especially that girl with the buzz cut. She was... cute.

Where did that come from?

"Uh, I know we are strangers but you can stay at my place if you want." I offered.

The curly headed boy looked at the red head and he whispered something then the girl hesitated a bit but nodded.

"Um. You sure 'bout that? I mean you don't know us and you are trusting us enough to let us enter your house?" Said the red head.

The only person who had not spoken this whole time was the other girl in the middle. Maybe she is just shy around new people?

"You three seem like good people and if we just leave you in the cold I won't be able to sleep all night."

"Yes, even I would feel very guilty" Said Lucas.

Will nodded in agreement.

"Are you sure?" Asked the curly headed boy.

"Yes! Come on I don't want you all to freeze to death!!" I exclaimed. I don't know what made me do the next thing I did but I removed my coat that I was wearing and wrapped it around the girl in the middle. I guess I did it because the other two were wearing thick clothes but she was only wearing a huge but thin t-shirt. She was shivering like crazy but stopped shaking a bit after I gave her my coat. It was probably because it was pretty dry as I had worn it under my raincoat and because of my body heat.

The curly haired boy gave me a smile. Which I returned.

Since they didn't have bikes we of course decided to let them sit behind us.

The curly haired boy sat behind Will and gestured to the shy girl to sit behind me. She hesitated at first but then sat behind me. The feeling of her sitting behind me with her cold hands on my shoulders made my heart race. What is happening to me?

I snapped out of my trance to Lucas asking the red head to sit behind him, Stammering a bit. She climbed behind him.

Lucas Will and I started biking faster then ever but slow enough so we don't crash into someone or something.

"Hey so I'm wondering if you all can just have a sleepover at my house?" I asked Lucas and Will. "I will need your help in hiding these three from my parents. They probably won't even...uhh..care t-to check on me but yet..."

"Yes of course I can, what about you Will?" Lucas asked him. It was yet raining so he had to scream a bit.

"Yes I'm sure mom will allow me but I have to inform her, Can I use your phone to inform her once we reach?"

"Me too." Said Lucas.

"Yeah s-sure." I was now Stammering because of the rain. Luckily it had slowed down a bit.

-----
Mike's house

I had somehow gotten the three in my basement without my parents or sister suspecting anything. I had asked my parents if Lucas and Will could stay. They said yes. We had school tomorrow but there were many clothes of Lucas and Will here cuz they practically lived here. It was their second home.

"Do you guys have any extra clothes? You all are wet." I asked the three strangers.

"Yes I do" said the curly haired boy pointing to his bag that was wet but I guess it was waterproof.

"Me too, but she doesn't," Said the red head gesturing to the shy girl next to her. "I don't think my clothes will fit her."

"Mine won't either" said the Curly haired boy

"Oh I can give her my clothes, I'm sure they will fit her." I said.

"Really? Thanks so much!" Said the curly haired boy.

I picked a pair of clothes - a blue full sleeved t-shirt and some grey sweats.

"Here, these are clean. okay?" I said gently passing the clothes to her.

She took them and hugged the clothes, wipping some of the water from her face.

The boy and the other girl sighed looking at her.

"That's the bathroom. You all can go change there one by one" I said pointing to my basements bathroom door.

"You go change first." Said the red head to the other girl, she nodded.

I led her to my bathroom and as she went in I proceeded to shut the door but she stopped me from closing it.

"You don't want it close?" I asked her.

"No." This was the first time I heard her voice it was sweet but firm.

"Oh so you can speak." I blurted out.

"Okay, well...Um, how about we just keep the door..." I kept the door open about 3 inches. "...just like this."

"Is that better?" I asked her.

"Yes" She replied quietly.

I nodded at her with a small smile and went away.

Soon all of us were done changing and we were just sitting here and there in the basement.

It was getting weird not knowing their names so I asked them.

"Hey um I never asked your name." I said.

"Oh yes of course. My name's Dustin Henderson" said the curly- no Dustin.

"And my Names Max Mayfield." said Max.

We then turned to the other girl expecting her to tell us her name.

She just looked at us before pulling the sleeve of her t-shirt up. I saw a tattoo on her wrist. It said - '11'

"Is that real?" I asked amazed. I was about to touch it when she pulled her arm back.

"Sorry, I've just... never seen a kid with a tattoo before."

"What's it mean? Eleven?" I asked.

She pointed a finger to herself.

"That's your name?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Eleven okay. Um, Well, my name's Mike short for Micheal. Maybe we can call you El short for Eleven." I said, introducing myself. She gave me a satisfied nod.

"What's your surname?" Asked Lucas, curious.

She didn't say anything, just looked at Dustin.

"Oh, her surnames Henderson" he said.

"Is she your sister?" I asked.

"Not real but I think if her as one." Dustin replied.

"Oh ok."

"What's your name?" Asked Dustin.

"I'm Lucas Sinclair."

"Nice name" Said Max with a small smile.

"Thanks..." Lucas Said blushing.

"So...Ar-" I got cut of by Will.

"Oh god! I forgot to tell mom I was here. I will be right back."

"Can you call mine too?" Asked Lucas.

"Yeah okay"

"Oh and our other friends name is-"

"-Will, yes I know. I heard one of you call him Will so yeah." Said Max. Dustin nodded.

"What were you saying Mike?" Asked Dustin.

"Oh yeah that...Are you guys ever going to tell us what you three were doing in the the rain or not?" I asked.

"Uhh...thats a story for another time..." Said Dustin.

"Okay, tell us when you are ready." I said not pressuring them.

Dustin and Max shot me a small smile.

"Shouldn't we start making sleeping arrangements? I mean we are six people. Where are we all going to sleep?" Asked Will waking in.

"Yes of course...El Max and Me can sleep here in the basement and You, Dustin and Lucas can sleep in my room. We can't leave  Dustin, El and Max alone at night since they are new here. What if they want something in the night?" I recommend.

"Yes that's a good idea, we three can sleep in your room but how will you and the girls adjust here? There is no bed." Said Lucas
"Hmm... yeah" I thought for a bit.

"Okay yes, Max can sleep on the couch, it's really comfy, I can sleep on a mattress on the ground and make a fort or something for El with cushions and blankets around her." El's sleeping space sounded the comfiest. What's up with me? Why do I want to do so much for someone I met only a few hours ago?

Everyone noticed how I gave El the choice to sleep in the fort but no one questioned me because everyone was sleepy and tired especially our three new friends.

"You sure you are going to be fine sleeping on a mattress?" Dustin asked me.

"Yes, don't worry about it"

"...okay"

Lucas and Will were about to take Dustin to my room.

I stopped them.

"Guys remember to lock the door of my room, so if mom tried to open the door you will get to know and you'll can hide him" I whisper screamed. They nodded.

They then went up the basement stairs leaving me with the girls.

Max had already gone to sleep on my couch.

I made a small yet comfortable fort for El.

She climbed in.

"Here you go. This is my sleeping bag." I said handing her my yellow sleeping bag.

"Comfortable in there?" I asked her.

"Yes" She replied.

"Um well okay. Night, El." I said standing up.

"Night, Mike."

-----
First chapter!
How was it?
Yes ik it was long but okay 🤷🏻‍♀️
Please tell me in the comments if you liked it!
Have a good day/night
L

uv you💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...