Fortuity // Seth Clearwater

Por bblibby

[Mature content] Looking for the brother she never had around, Oakley Lahote finds much more than she bargain... Mais

DISCLAIMER
CHARACTERS & CAST
.0.
.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.

.24.

1.1K 27 18
Por bblibby

AN// We just hit 1k reads on this story! I'm so grateful for you all for taking the time to read what I've written. I genuinely write these because I enjoy doing it and it's something that takes me away from the reality of uni and life in general, and I didn't expect anyone to read it at all, so to know that that many of you are also enjoying it makes my heart happy and I love you all 🧡🧡

We'd moved inside once Paul insisted he was fine, though he did seem a little salty at me for accidentally blasting him across the forest. Fair cop. Sam and Carlisle both seemed eager to investigate whatever had happened further, realising my power was growing or there was at least more to it than we initially knew. But our first priority was discussing the whole reason we had gathered in the first place - rogues.

"We've been tracking them for weeks, months even, but Jared and Brady caught a scent last night, he thinks there's more than we initially realised." Sam filled in.

Carlisle nodded. "Could these vampires have any connection to the one that Oakley knew through work?"

"What, Holt? No. His eyes were gold, he knew what I was and didn't seem threatened. I think he's peaceful." I defended, hoping I was right.

"Either way, we can't take chances and assume his intentions are pure until we know for sure. I'm going to have to increase patrol numbers and hours," Sam announced, earning a symphony of groans. "I know boys, I'm sorry. But until this risk is minimised, we just need to be alert."

Alice seemed sympathetic, frowning at their reactions. "Well surely we can help, I mean we don't need sleep, you do. Let us take on as much as we can."

"She's right. We can coordinate on one schedule, all of us can pitch in. It means the pack gets to rest, everyone can do less hours, win win." Bella agreed.

I nodded, the pack seeming to agree that more numbers would be beneficial. "I want to patrol too," I added. "I'm surprised you haven't asked me to already, but I want to."

"No." Paul and Seth said simultaneously. I turned to stare at them with a fed up look on my face, ready to take them down. For once they seemed happy that they had agreed, and I almost didn't want to ruin it. But no, this wasn't their choice.

"Excuse me?" I questioned, mostly looking at Paul - he didn't have the imprint as a reason to be this protective. It was literally in Seth's DNA to say 'no', Paul was just stubborn.

He looked at the room hoping to find support but was disappointed to see them just as intrigued as me at what he had to say, crossing his arms over his chest. "I said no. You're not playing around with dangerous shit like this."

I scoffed loudly, rolling my eyes. "You do realise I haven't said a single word about you two putting yourselves in danger like this. Not once have I complained. I understand because it's what our kind was made for and it's just what we do. Why am I excluded from that?"

Seth silently held my hand, apologising through his touch, knowing I would overpower him in the matter.

"It's different." Paul mumbled.

"Enlighten me. Is it because I'm a girl? Because so is Leah. Is it because I'm younger than you? So are half the pack. Is it because I'm still learning? So are all of you!"

He stayed silent and tensed his jaw, the will to protest obvious but the fear of pissing me off more so, particularly after the unintentional throw across the forest earlier.

"We can talk about that later, but yes Oakley, I see no reason why you shouldn't participate." Sam declared, referring to Paul and Seth as the 'that'.

Carlisle sensed the awkwardness growing, realising that the pack clearly had some unsolved conflict between myself, Paul and Seth. 

The room slowly thinned out, with the pack heading off in their own directions and me staying on the couch beside Alice who was admiring my outfit and told me she'd always waited to have someone in her life who didn't need fashion advice for once.

I think she realised I wasn't overly into the conversation, too focused on what was going on with Seth and Paul and my powers. I had anger towards them both for trying to keep me out of the action, though I understood that they were only trying to care for me. I also had confusion about the power I held, wanting to know more.

"You good Oak?" I heard Joseph ask, snapping me out of my daze.

I nodded. "Always." 

He frowned. "You know I'm not as stupid as I look. If you're pissed at your brother and Seth for keeping you out of the action, talk to them. We all know you're more powerful than the rest of us. There's no logic behind depriving you contribution."

I sat in silence with his words for a few moments, grateful that he had taken the time to speak to me. 

"Thanks Jo." I mumbled with a smile after a few moments. He stood and patted me on the back kindly, squeezing my shoulder.

"No problem."

I walked over to the other side of the room where Jasper was, saying goodbye as I passed everyone else. "Hey Jas, I think I'm gonna head out."

He nodded and held out his arms for a hug. "No problem. I guess I may be seeing you on patrol sometime soon."

"Let's hope."

"Seth asked me to tell you he had to leave, someone needed him. But he told me to tell you he's sorry for trying to make decisions for you and he only wanted to protect you. Says he'll see you later tonight."

I smiled with a tiny blush, appreciating Seth leaving a message with Jasper instead of leaving silently. He was such a good guy, and I really did get lucky with him.

When I headed home, I was still thinking about the work day and making plans in my head for the tasks I had to complete tomorrow in order to free up my weekend.

I smelled the overpowering smell of pasta from down the driveway, confused because Paul was definitely not one to cook.

I headed into the house, and was overcome with happiness and warmth at the sight of Seth in the kitchen cooking away.

"Well hi there," I announced as I closed the door and smirked at my boyfriend. He instantly came through the hallway and collected me in his arms protectively while looking down on me with a sympathetic smile.

"Oakley, I'm so sorry. I was an ass back at the Cullen's. I know that you know I only tried to step in because I care about you way too much to let you get hurt and I was concerned, but it doesn't mean I have the right to tell you what you can and can't do. Especially when you point out that you've never tried to talk me out of patrols despite knowing the risks."

I could see the regret and genuineness seeping off him. He truly meant every word, and clearly felt awful about the whole thing. 

"Seth it's okay." I whispered, bringing him down for a kiss. "I know you only meant it as a care thing. And I appreciate that. But you also took it back just as quickly. And I adore you too much to stay mad."

He smirked, squeezing me in a tight hug and kissing me all over to signal his gratefulness, bringing out loud giggles and squeals as he tickled me with his stubble trying to shower every inch of me with kisses.

"Seth!" I screamed out in laughter, finally bringing his actions to a halt as we both breathed out amused. "What are you cooking, good looking?" I teased, taking his hand and heading back through to the kitchen.

"Your favourite. Carbonara." he informed, picking up a wooden spoon to continue stirring the meal. "Thought it might get me out of the dog house."

I hugged Seth from the back as he did, snorting at his comment.

"Baby you were never in the dog house to begin. But if it means you're gonna cook me pasta every time you think I'm mad at you, I may just have to start sparking arguments," I teased, jabbing him playfully in the ribs as I hung onto him.

He turned around in my grip, smile taking over his face causing me to fall for him all over again.

Before we could share any more chaste kisses, Rachel and Paul entered through the door, taking us both by surprise. 

"Hey guys," Seth greeted kindly to break the tension.

"Hey Seth, hey Oak! Look at you two being all cute," Rachel celebrated happily, coming over to give me a hug.

Paul was clearly nervous about whether or not we were still fighting, standing back in the hallway.

"Paul I'm not mad at you. Just don't try and dictate what I can do anymore." I informed simply. 

A grin was evident on Rachel's face which she tried to hide, only releasing it again when Paul snorted and shook his head. "Yes ma'am."

---

Once dinner was over and Paul begrudgingly admitted that Seth was a good cook, we all headed to bed. For the first time, Paul and Seth were under the same roof overnight. Well, knowingly at least....

But waking up in the morning was beautiful. The people I loved the most were all in the same place.

"Thought you'd be at work by now, sis." Paul offered over breakfast.

I shrugged. "I always go in a little later on Friday mornings. Besides, I've been scoring goals all week. May as well take a little extra time with you guys today."

Seth smiled at my answer, squeezing my knee under the table and stealing me into a quick kiss when I turned to return the look of adoration.

"Ugh," was all Paul said, earning a smack from Rachel and a giggle from me. He needed to learn somehow, may as well be exposure therapy.

"Just be thankful we kept the house silent last night," I winked, Rachel and Seth both snorting from amusement and embarrassment respectively. "Now I gotta head off. Want to clear my schedule for the weekend," I announced, standing up from the table.

Seth stood with me, instantly grabbing my coat and keys for me, forever making me blush at his ability to foresee my needs and support me in all the little ways he could.

"Have the most amazing day, princess." He whispered, pulling my body close to his and staring down at me with loving brown eyes. 

"I will." I promised, standing up on my tip toes to reach his face, where he instantly met me halfway and pulled me into a passionate and loving goodbye kiss. My hands held his shoulders, his own on my waist, both of us melting into each other straight away. Sometimes it was hard to remember that I was only supposed to go in for a little quick kiss, seeing as Seth's touch completely threw me into a spiral of adoration and hormones and love.

But a throat being cleared by my asshole brother did the trick, pulling me out of the rabbit hole I was falling down in Seth's arms and captured by his kisses.

"Alright, alright, I'm going." I moaned, rolling my eyes but winking at Seth once more as I turned to walk out the door.

Closing the door behind me, I skipped down the pathway like a happy little kid. My life felt complete. I had my imprint, a man I could never have even dreamed about existing he was so perfect - he was indescribably flawless, he completed me. I had found my brother, a man I never knew existed but that I couldn't live without now that I had found him - proud and protective. Not only that, but the extended family that came with both Paul and Seth -  the pack and even the Cullens. 

My whole life had changed from moving here. Sometimes I wondered what I would even have been doing if I never made the change. 

But my thoughts and dreams about how lucky I was to be here, how truly blessed I considered myself, were abruptly cut short, where I approached my car door to see a figure standing against it waiting for me.

My breath hitched in my throat, anxiety filling instantly, my eyes stinging with tears that silently crept up on me. Oh my god...

"Mom..."

AN // Oooooo mother dearest has shown up! What do you think she wants?

What are your predictions regarding the rogues?!

This one made me laugh especially hard lmao ^^

Libby xx

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

225K 4.6K 42
[MATURE content] The unknowingly supernatural 17y/o Juliet Bo moves from Miami to the border of Forks and La Push, where crushes are developed, secre...
3K 27 13
Lila Lahote is a witch who is connected  mentally, and physically to the Wolfpack. Among struggling with a shitty dad and controlling her emotions ...
35.7K 783 16
When Tessa Mccall runs to Forks with her half sister and children from her abusive home. how will Charlie react to his childhood friend daughter's re...
79.8K 1.1K 33
A story in which Elizabeth Smith moves in with her auntie and uncle to La Push after her parents deaths and meets a certain shapeshifter at school. W...