Queen of the Ravendale (Book...

By Little_Dreamerz

Four years have passed and now Annabelle is crowned as the Queen of Ravendale. A place where magical secrets... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 19

716 43 0
By Little_Dreamerz

I'm on my way to my grandparent's residence. It's been a long time since I've been in this place. After the marriage, I had to move to the palace since my grandmother became a ruling regent again and it would be easier for her and my grandfathers to guide me. It also allowed me to attend the meetings as a Princess.

Of course, it has also been easy for my grandparents to guide my husbands, and also the Palace had their medical wing which was great for me since back then I was carrying my children.

Hopefully, I can pay off the hard work they put in me.My grandfathers waited for me outside. When I got out of the carriage and I hugged my grandfather one by one.

"Is in it cold outside? You should have waited for me inside." I told them and they smiled in return.

"We don't mind waiting for our granddaughter outside." They told me.

It's also nice knowing that I have my grandparents when back then I didn't know much about my father's origins and when the mother's side grandparents died when I was very little and barely had a memory about them but my mother would tell me that they adored me.

Mother.

The sadness and guilt still haunts me but now it was less than before.

You always want me to increase my social status so I could give more to my children than you have given me.

I guess your wish did come true. Then I sighed.

"Were you tired from traveling?" my grandfather Johnathan caringly asked me and I just nodded a little bit.

"It's alright, I don't think your grandmother is going to scold you." my grandfather Samuel assured me knowing my grandmother's habits.

"But we wished you would have brought your children." Johnathan added and I smiled.

"I could but then I afraid grandmother would prefer them staying in the palace since it was riskier bringing them here." I explained to them and they smiled.

"I don't think she will mind them visiting her, when she hasn't visited her grand grandchildren in two months." Maybe I should have brought my children.

The birth of my children did lighten the atmosphere since the truth about the previous consorts almost killing my father out of jealousy and the death of Cordelia and Prince Arthur.

It's been hard for my grandparents to deal with this situation.

My grandfather led me to the dining room. In the dining room, my grandmother was giving instructions to the servants.

"Oh you are finally here, I hope you are not hungry since our residence's chefs only started preparing the food" My grandmother greeted me.

"It's alright I can wait for a little while." I politely told her.

Even though the dinner is not ready, we still sat down at the table and the servants quickly served us tea.

My grandparents were extremely happy with how the trip to the Siada Kingdom went. They even tested the authenticity of the goods that the Siada Kingdom gave us and the result was that King Ymir didn't put fake materials to replace the gold and other valuable materials.

"With that success, you solidified your position as a Queen." My grandmother praised me. She rarely gives any praise.

"I don't think that will be the case." I still felt a little bit skeptical that nobles changed the mind about me.

"Well, at least now they will give you more credit, but you're right you shouldn't start slacking off." My grandmother advised and my grandfathers nodded at her words.

After dinner, I asked my grandmother to speak to her alone. My grandfathers understood what I was about to ask my grandmother and left me and my grandmother alone.

Anastasia felt suspicious that her husbands left obediently and was curious what Annabelle wanted to ask her.

"Can I please get the report about the investigation about Cordelia's death?" Anastasia cynically smirked when she heard those words coming out of her granddaughter's mouth.

"I wonder who asked you?" Anastasia knew the answer but she wanted to know a specific person.

"No one asked me, I'm just simply curious." Right away Anastasia let out a chuckle, she knew it's a lie.

"Admit it, the representatives of the Sapphire family asked you to investigate her death, didn't they? In any case, the case is discontinued it's wouldn't be any use of them to give the discontinued case." Anastasia stated.

Annabelle knew that there is something suspicious about the case. But what exactly hidden in there? Why is she avoiding giving her the case?

"If the case is discontinued then let me continue it." I offered her and she shook her head.With that, I failed to convince my grandmother to give me the case so I had to go back to the palace.

I went to my room so I can relax and think about how I can get the documents about the investigation.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on my door.

"Come in!" I told loudly so the person outside the door could hear me.

My secondary husbands entered my room, they never entered my room before especially in the evening.

"Is there something you need?" I asked them and they shook their head.

"No, the Prince Consorts wanted us to be able to serve you in the evening." I hummed in acknowledgment.

Serving someone doesn't usually mean anything sexual, basically the first husband making sure that I don't lack any attention or make sure that I will have someone to keep me a company.

It's not like I lack attention but I guess Nathaniel and Alexander are worried about that. It's natural for them to worry since the position of the Prince Consort is demanding and it's hard for them to balance.

"Is that so, could you please one of you fill my bathtub?" I politely asked them. It's will be hard for me to think of a plan with them here. In the bathroom, I will be left alone. Alistair decided to go and fill my bathtub.

Of course, I could ask them to leave my room but that would count as a failure to serve me. They wouldn't agree to leave me alone in the first place.

" Did the meeting with your grandparents went well? I see that you have a lot of thoughts on your mind, Annabelle." Abel politely asked me.

"It went well it just there is a lot of work waiting for us." Abel quietly nodded at my answer.Abel felt awkward since he didn't know which topic to talk about with Annabelle other than work-related topics.

Annabelle read the book quietly until Alistair finished filing a bathtub with water.

Then she instructed Abel to open the windows while she is taking the bath.

At first, it seems that Annabelle emitting cold behavior but for the Aquamarine brothers it's relieving that Annabelle is not cruel nor needy.

It's a good break from the women that they were used to interact with.

Annabelle took her the undergarments and long nightgown and went to the bathroom.

After she undressed herself self she added lavender to bathwater and went into the bathtub and sighed.

It was hard to forget about the case as my grandmother told me to. Especially even I wasn't allowed to check the document which makes is it illegal but it's not worth opening a pandora's box in that way.

I need to find another way to get the document.

Two hours have passed and Alistair decided to check up on Annabelle.

He knocked the door the bathroom door and called Annabelle and there was no sound coming from the bathroom.

He waited for a second before opening the door because he didn't want to be in an embarrassing situation.

He peeked in the bathroom and Annabelle was soundly asleep in the bathtub.

They could have called the maid to dress up, but unfortunately, it's shameful to ask maids to dress up their wife since the maids could spread the rumors about their incompetence.

They had no choice but to finish washing Annabelle's hair, dress her, and put her in bed.

As hard their eyes tried to keep their eyes from Annabelle's body, they couldn't.

No wonder why Annabelle has a lot of admirers that vying for her attention.

There is nothing good with unwanted attention as they also experienced that.

They managed to put her on the bed without waking her up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

I would love to hear your thoughts about the chapter.

Right now the college started and I both excited and overwhelmed I just hope I wouldn't be flooded with a lot of assigments xD

See ya later my alligators!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.4K 1.9K 18
The kingdom needs an heir. But the king is old, sick, and incapable of performing. So he came up with a plan. His guard will bed the new queen. He do...
116K 5.9K 69
(Complete) I backed against the door, and balled my hand into fists, to keep myself from panicking. "I..." Another step. We were now inches apart and...
563 22 8
Sophia's ability to stay sane is incredible. Her mom shares the same brooding qualities of her sister, the Queen. Her father is doomed to follow his...
22.6K 1.2K 39
Queen of Death is the sequel to Escaping Death With the mystery of Nightshade solved, DEATH shifts its attention to hunting those responsible for Sol...