The Ranger And The Prince.

Oleh BlackRoseSith

Sapphire is an orphan elleth whom was brought up by dwarves in the Mines of Moria. Now she wanders the wilder... Lebih Banyak

Prologue.
Council of Elrond.
The First Steps.
Ice Breaker.
Home Sweet Tomb.
Last Stand of Moria.
Pass into Shadow.
A Lament For Gandalf.
Kings of Old.
Captive.
Reunion.
Life and Death.
Fall of the Dúnedain.
Calm Before the Storm.
The Storm.
Fall of the White Wizard.
Secret.
Sparring Matches.
Split of the Dimholt Road.
The Reddened White City
Unarmoured.
Eye of the Enemy.
The White Tree In Blossom.
Goodbye to the Fellowship.
The Elevenking.
Bad Terms.
Thranduil's Wrath.
White Gems.
Olive Branch of Peace.
Wedding Traditions.
Flirting and Fighting.
Pretty as a Princess.
Wedding Bells Toll.
Kisses and Candlelight.
What Comes After.
New Life.
Motherhood.
A Family to Belong To.
Going Home.
Gondor and Mirkwood.
Home At Last.
Home Siege.
Leaving the Nest.
Epilogue.

King of Rohan.

5.7K 161 39
Oleh BlackRoseSith

As we exited the forest, I felt great relief in being able to see the sun again. Aragorn brought over two saddled horses which were tied up to the trees. He said they were a gift from the Rohan soldiers I had seen who had slaughtered the Uruks and Orcs.

Gandalf strode forward into the field and whistled into the sky. We watched and waited for a few seconds before we saw something burst from the tree line down the other side of the forest.

It was a white horse, as pure as can be. It galloped over to us, no saddle or anything, just a hide of pearly white fur.

"That is one of the Mearas..." Legolas pointed out in awe, "unless my eyes are cheated by some spell."

As it came towards us, I saw something else emerge from the bushes of Fangorn Forest.

When I looked, there were two more things bolting towards us. A horse with midnight black fur and a rather large grey wolf which could almost be mistaken for a warg at this distance.

"StarLight! Nasha!" I exclaimed, shrugging off Legolas' arms so I could hobble forward and throw my arms around my old friends.

"Shadowfax," Gandalf introduced the white horse, stroking it's white fur, "He is the lord of all horses and has been my friend through many dangers."

I run my hand over StarLight's perfect black fur. It's been so long since I've seen her, just before Moria.

I drop to my knees and hug Nasha as she barks happily and nuzzles me. I take comfort in her fur and stay there for a few minutes before I let go and try to stand back up.

I wobble a bit but a quick help from Legolas and I'm standing back on my feet.

StarLight didn't have a saddle. Usually I wouldn't mind if she didn't have one but I knew that the journey to Edoras would be long. Riding a horse with no saddle in my condition wasn't ideal but I was determined to prove to Legolas I was capable of handling myself.

I clambered up onto StarLight's back and grabbed hold of some of her hair.

Gandalf jumped up onto Shadowfax. Aragorn had a horse to himself while Legolas helped Gimli into the saddle of the other horse and jumped into the saddle in front of him.

***

I had to admit that the entire day of riding was taking its toll on me. I put on a stoic face and tried not to grimace at every jolt.

When we finally stopped to rest that night, Legolas came to the side of StarLight and offered his hand to me. I scoffed and swatted it away before slipping off of StarLight's back.

That was a mistake. I yelped as my feet gave way yet again and I went head first into Legolas who caught me with ease.

Regaining my balance, I shrugged him off with a huff and sat myself down to the side of the camp as Gimli started a fire.

"You alright there lassie?" Gimli asked with concern at my rage filled expression as I crossed my arms and stared into the newly lit fire.

"Just need to get my legs to work properly!" I hissed and I angrily smacked my fist into my calf.

"Did that help?" Aragorn asked with a smirk.

"Yes!" I hissed back, crossing my arms again and biting my lip.

"Did that hurt?" He asked.

"Yes!" I admitted, finally taking my hand and rubbing over the place I had just punched.

"You will heal soon enough, don't you worry, Lady Sapphire," Gandalf gave me a reasurring smile, "You will be as good as new in no time."

"I better be." I sighed as Nasha padded up to me and layed down beside me so I could run my hands through her fur.

As Legolas went to sit next to me, I turned so my back was to him.

"Did I do something wrong because you're acting as though I've just broken your favourite axe?" He asked softly, so the others couldn't hear.

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say to him so I just kept to myself.

"Was it something I said?" He chuckled lightly but I could tell there was genuine concern in there.

"I'm sorry, ok?" I hissed quietly, turning to him, "I'm just not used to being such a dead weight."

Most of the evening passed in comfortable silence. No one gave me a watch that night but I was past protecting with them. At least I could get a few more hours sleep than the others which was always appreciated.

***

Somehow, I managed to convince the rest of our Fellowship to hand my weapons back to me. For some unknown reason, the feeling of having them back gave me strength though logically it should do the opposite.

As we rode over the ridge of the bad field, I caught my first glimpse of Edoras for the first time in years. Our horses came to a stop so we could all take the sight in.

"Edoras and the Golden Hall of Meduseld." Gandalf explained, "There dwells Théoden, King of Rohan whose mind is overthrown. Saruman's hold over King Théoden is now very strong. Be careful what you say. Do not look for welcome here."

With that, we rode on, continuing towards the city of men.

As we approached the gates, I saw a piece of fabric blowing in the wind. It seemed to be some kind of flag or banner with the sigil of Rohan printed across it.

I paid no heed to it as we entered through the gates, slowing the horses to little more than a trot.

It didn't take us long to scale the hill leading up to the Golden Hall. It seemed unusually quiet compared to what I was used to when thinking back on my memories of Rohan.

I had spent centuries of my life in these lands and I always knew it to be a prosperous and joyous place. Now all we were greeted with was empty stares and cold glances.

"You'll find more cheer in a graveyard," Gimli observed quietly

When we reached the steps leading up to the Hall, I was relieved to find myself capable of dismounting StarLight without any problems unlike the last time.

That extra few hours of rest I had been granted had done me the world of good. I found my footing and didn't stumble.

I gave Nasha a quick scratch before I told her to stay with StarLight and go to the stables

I was greatfull we were walking slowly because I don't think I couldn't have been so sure-footed.

At the top of the stairs, we were put face to face with a group of armed guards. The leader walked up to us and seemed to recognise Gandalf.

"I cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed, Gandalf Greyhame." He sighed, looking the wizard in the eyes, "By order of Gríma Wormtongue."

We all looked to Gandalf who nodded his approval. I sighed and reluctantly handed over my weapons.

First went my bow and quiver. Then my broad sword. Then my short sword. Then my five daggers which I had dotted over my person. Then, lastly, my axe which I handed over very hesitantly.

As I turned to the others, I realised they had all been waiting for me. All the guards stared at me curiously.

"What? Middle-Earth is a dangerous place for a woman," I shrugged their gaze off as the leader turned back to Gandalf.

"Your staff," he sighed.

"Oh, you would not part an old man from his walking stick," Gandalf asked, sounding slightly pitiful in his fake plea.

Rolling his eyes, the leader turned and escorted us into the hall. I noticed that in order to keep up the old man ruse, Gandalf held onto Legolas' arm to make it seem we needed help.

As we ended the hall, the doors promptly shut behind us, blocking our exits.

The hall itself was just as beautiful as ever but my eyes weren't focused on the chamber itself. My eyes were drawn to the throne of Rohan when I saw two man sat.

One was shrouded all in black and had dreadfully pale skin, his eyes as cold as ice. The other sat in the throne and I would have mistaken him for a skeleton if it wasn't for the ever so slight movements of his head as he listened to the pale man whisper to him.

"The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late, Théoden King." Gandalf called out to the man on the throne.

That was Théoden? It couldn't be. I had been present at Théoden's coronation, only a decade or two prior. He was a mighty soldier and a just King, he wasn't some haunched over beast.

The pale man, I assume he was this Gríma Wormtongue, whispered into Théoden's ear again.

"Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?" Théoden asked in a haunting voice, turning to Gríma once again.

"A just question, my liege," I heard Gríma whisper back to him in the most sickly voice I have ever heard.

"Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear." Gríma said loudly, turning to regard us as she strode forward, "Láthspell I name him. Ill news is an ill guest."

I noticed that while we had been walking towards the throne, some men were stalking us from behind the pillars. I knew they weren't proper soldiers, they looked more like thugs to me. I wished we didn't have to give away our weapons, I so wanted them near me at that moment.

"Be silent." Gandalf demanded, face to face with the disgusting Gríma, "Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm."

Gandalf raised his staff, prompting Gríma to recoil and back away in fear.

"His staff," he whispered absently, "I told you to take the wizard's staff," he bellowed to the thugs that were approaching us.

The man suddenly ran at us. Though we didn't have our weapons, we were hardly helpless. Even me, my injuries still not yet healed, was able to put up a pretty good fight.

One of the thugs managed to punch me right in the gut where most of my Orc scratches were. I yelped but didn't let it stop me. I grabbed the man by the throat, headbutt him and then knee him in the crotch. Suffice to say, I'm pretty sure he would never have children.

"Théoden son of Thengel" I heard Gandalf bellow as he approached the throne, "Too long have you sat in the Shadows."

As the last of the thugs fell, I heard Gimli growl. I turned to see him kick Gríma to the ground and stand on of his feet atop him.

"I would stay still if I were you!" He snarled.

"Hearken to me!" Gandalf demanded, getting nearer and near to the throne as he held out his hand, "I release you from the spell."

We watched as the shriveled King began to laugh - if you could even call garbled yapping laughter.

"You have no power here Gandalf the Grey," he laughed maliciously.

Gandalf simply threw back his grey cloak, his white robes seeming to illuminate the whole hall. The king jolted backwards as though hit by a barrier.

"I will draw you, Saruman, as poison is drawn from a wound." Gandalf said, throwing his staff forward as Théoden jolted again, clawing at his throne.

I was a young blonde woman rush into the hall. So sooner had she seen the sight of Gandalf and the King, did she lunge forward, presumably to stop the wizard. Aragorn grabbed her by the arm and told her to wait.

"If I go, Théoden dies!" The King said though I was sure that I had heard something different in his voice.

"You did not kill me," Gandalf spoke again, sending another jolt from his staff, "you will not kill him."

"Rohan is mine!" The King snarled.

"Be gone!" Gandalf uttered.

The King suddenly lunged forwards and Gandalf simply threw his staff towards him and the King went tumbling back into his throne.

The blonde haired woman broke free of Aragorn's grasp and ran to Théoden's side, steadying him as he nearly dropped to the floor.

We watched in anticipation as Théoden sat back up in his chair. Slowly, his face seemed to change. His pastey like skin moulded back into youth. His tangled array of white hair grew into blonde flowing locks. Last of all, his cold white eyes finally filled with life again, turning a nice shade of blue.

He looked down at the blonde girl beside him, studying her as she wept silent tears.

"I know your face..." He whispered absently before recognising her, "Éowyn... Éowyn..."

"Gandalf?" Théoden asked as he looked up at the wizard.

"Breathe the free air again, my friend." Gandalf sighed.

Éowyn helped Théoden to his feet.

"Dark have been my dreams of late..." Théoden admitted sadly as he looked down at his hands.

"Your fingers would remember their old strength better if they grasped your sword." Gandalf suggested.

The leader of the guard (the one who still had my weapons) came forward and presented the King with a beautiful, sword, emblazoned with the sigils of Rohan.

Théoden timidly reached out for it, curling his fingers around the pommel. When at last he gripped it, he slid it out of its scabbard slowly and held it up to his face to see it in all its glory.

It was then I noticed the King's gase shifted from the sword to Gríma whom was still crawling on the floor, unable to escape Gimli.

I couldn't exactly blame Théoden for his anger towards Gríma. After all, the man had been feeding lies into his ear for so long.

We watched as Théoden came forward, grabbed Gríma by the coller of his robe and drag him from the hall. Throwing him down the steps of the hall, we watched at the King slowly decended towards Gríma with his sword still in hand.

"I've only ever served you, my lord," Gríma pleaded.

"Your leechcraft would have had me crawling on all fours like a beast!" The King spat.

"Send me not from your sight," the pale man pleaded again.

He scrambled back as Théoden raised his sword. He was about to smite it down upon Gríma when Aragorn leapt in, staying his hand.

"No, my lord! No, my lord!" He said before I heard him whisper, "Let him go. Enough blood has been spilt on his account."

I didn't necessarily agree. I didn't think the devil deserved mercy.

Aragorn held out his hand to Gríma to help him up but instead, the snake spat on Aragorn's hand before clambering to his feet and fleaing.

"Get out of my way!" He yelled, pushing past the crowd that had formed outside.

"Hail, Théoden King!" The leader of the guard bellowed to the crowd who all promptly got to their knees - Aragorn included.

As Théoden turned back to us, I saw his eyebrows furrow as if he was searching for someone.

"Where is Théodred? Where is my son?"

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and feedback.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

250K 7.6K 45
Aúthiel has always been alone. Her dark past is splattered with blood and she struggles everyday to live with what she has done. She depends on no-on...
40.5K 1.3K 36
"But, you can't be with two people at the same time. If you really did love the first one, then why would you have fallen for the second?" she added...
4.7K 214 21
She followed the dark for so long, she forgot who she was. Years after being initially captured by what Middle Earth knows them as the 'Blue Wizards'...
853 73 14
Thirty years after the events of The Hobbit, Legolas heeds his father's words to go north and find a wanderer named Strider. However, his search for...